It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian ICBM Test -- Visible as UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Russia just test fired a Topol icbm from the Kapustin Yar range on the lower Volga, to the Shary Shagan impact zone in Kazakhstan. In the past such launches have been seen over a wide area, as far away as Israel and Syria, and reported as UFOs.

This launch occurred about an hour before sunset at the launch site, so it would have been much harder to see. Regions farther east, where the sun had already set [say, around Omsk] would have darkened western skies but a back-sunlit launch contrail and then the typical brief spiral of warhead bus spinup.

If the weather was clear, we might expect some spectacular videos to show up on youtube and rutube. Keep an eye out for them.

Russia test-fires Soviet-era intercontinental ballistic missile

Moscow Interfax-AVN Online. in Russian. 1421 GMT 10 Oct 2013

Moscow, 10 October: An RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile was test-launched from the Kapustin Yar test site (Astrakhan Region) at 1739 Moscow time [1339 gmt] on 10 October, Col Igor Yegorov, the Ministry of Defense spokesman for the Strategic Missile Troops, told Interfax-AVN.

"The missile's test warhead hit the notional target at the Sary-Shagan test site in Kazakhstan within the set accuracy," Yegorov said.

Yegorov said that the launch was carried out "as part of the tests of a new warhead".

He said that in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the methods of overriding missile defences being tested, measurement systems in the radar and optical bandwidths were used.

"During the test, test data was gathered on the parameters of the target environment shaped by the warheads of future ballistic missiles in the process of the missile defences being overridden. Subsequently, these results will be used in developing effective systems to override missile defences and equipping new missile systems with them," the officer said.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
These might be the first!!

НЛО в Омске
www.youtube.com...
uploaded 0930 cdt [1430 gmt]

and
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That was an evacuation pod...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The gas corona around this rocket is forming what looks like a grey alien's head haha..

Man made stuff is usually easy to spot from the gas clouds, or faster than sound wave close to it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here's another one...

Wow those UFO's sure are completely unexplainable.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
and another

ракета тополь или метеорит
www.youtube.com...
Published on Oct 10, 2013
Калинина 39 ,Омега
С полигона Капустин Яр успешно запустили баллистическую ракету "Тополь", поразившую цель в Казахстане

This animation of an equivalent US missile shows at 2:04
the warhead spinup burn that creates the 'spiral' cloud.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It has been spotted by the astronauts on the ISS! www.slate.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The dark circle [the tail end of an exhaust-free central core of the plume] and the four evenly-spaced aft-end circumferential notches [probably plume shadows of thruster nozzle steering vanes] are also visible, if less starkly marked, in ground photos from oblique aft.

See muksun.fm...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
pretty cool looking from space

taken by astronaut Luca Parmitano.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Annnnd the loopback...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks Jim. That was fun!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
MSM finally catches up with ATS....

science.nbcnews.com...
www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's happened again, but i'm refining my predictions.

Russia has just fired another Topol ICBM from the Kapustin Yar range [lower Volga] on a very short-range test flight into the Sary Shagan impact zone [Lake Balkhash, Kazakhstan].

SOME such tests sparked spectacular UFO reports throughout southern Russia, central Asia, and the Near East.

If my current research is to be validated, THIS launch will NOT.

I don't know yet if it has or not -- I'm making this prediction based on my current theory of which launches do and which don't show up visually.

My research indicates that the fan-shaped clouds [followed by a brief spiral cloud] sometimes seen during these flights are effluent from a 55-second firing of the ICBM warhead bus during final descent against the anti-missile radars and other trackers at Sary Shagan -- NOT part of the three-stage launch sequence. They occur about 500 kilometers high and far to the east of Kapyar, much closer to the impact point. The most recent event, on October 10, was also extensively imaged by the ISS crew. Asymmetries in the cloud shape are indicators of plume structural blockages of the side-mounted thruster quads of the warhead bus itself.

Here's the news story [NOT to be confused with the December 24 'Yars' test out of Plesetsk]:

Russia successfully test-fires ICBM

MOSCOW. Dec 27 1834 GMT (Interfax-AVN) - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) test fired an RS-12M 'Topol' intercontinental ballistic missile at 9:30 p.m. Moscow time on Friday, an RVSN spokesman Igor Yegorov told Interfax-AVN.

"The missile's exercise warhead hit a training target at the Sary-Shagan Kazakhstan test range with a planned accuracy," Yegorov said.

"The launch was designed to test a prospective warhead for intercontinental ballistic missiles," Yegorov said. "The Kapustin Yar range is unique for testing elements of warheads for ballistic missiles," he said.

"Its test tracks and instrumentation system are the only ones capable of testing prospective warheads within the entire spectrum of possible conditions of their delivery to targets in the RVSN's and Navy's interests," Yegorov said.

See also this story: www.rferl.org...

Russian stories on Капустин Яр and Тополь are here:
ria.ru...
itar-tass.com... and www.ntv.ru... [using stock footage]

The 9:30 PM local time launch is related to local sunset at 5:08 PM [calculated on the heavens-above.com website] and occurs at a Sun elevation angle of minus 64 degrees.

ALL three previous flights that were widely seen and imaged were launched within 10-20 minutes of sunset with the sun just below the horizon at the target zone, illuminating any cloud/contrail activitiy from behind.

The two launches which did NOT create wide-area reports occurred LONG after sunset with sun elevation angles very, very far below the horizon, as in this case.

Since I presume the plume visibility was due to sunlight, I do NOT expect any reports or videos of plumes in the sky. Conceivably the rocket engine flame might create a dim starlike light, so we'll still need to watch out for reports.

The previous tests occurred at approximately year-long intervals, but this test has occurred only two months after the last one.

Can anybody locate any NOTAMS warnings for this launch?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
As predicted, the Dec 27 launch did NOT spark 'UFO reports'. This supports my theory of sunlit missile contrails.

But with more videos analyzed, I'm now refining the theory to involve a three minute delay of THIRD stage burn, which lasts 60 seconds and then deploys warhead with spin motors --causing the notorious brief spiral.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
AND ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Moscow, 4 March: A combat crew of the Strategic Missile Troops carried out a test launch of a RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile from the state central multi-service training range of Kapustin Yar in Astrakhan Region at 2210 Moscow time on Tuesday [1810 gmt on 4 March].
The launch was carried out to test advanced payload of intercontinental ballistic missiles, Col Igor Yegorov, a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry's Press Service and Information Directorate on issues pertaining to the Strategic Missile Troops, told Interfax-AVN.
"The missile's training warhead hit the notional target at Sary-Shagan range, Kazakhstan, with stated accuracy," the Defense Ministry's spokesman stressed.

That's three and a half hours after local sunset, so there should be NO 'UFO sightings' or videos.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Imagine having a neighborhood feud with a seriously angry neighbor....and then, just as casually as if it were a routine thing to be doing, he sets up beer cans in the front yard to shoot with a big handgun. Well.. Bells would ring and flags would read 'Warning' in my thinking.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've read all about the new missile test in sary shagan and the kula peninsula. see i think all these test have to be an upcoming for something if their practicing so much don't you think?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sarmat intercontinental land-based ballistic missile successfully launched from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome

20.04.2022 (17:45)

rutube.ru...

Today at 15:12 Moscow time, Sarmat, land-based intercontinental ballistic missile, was successfully launched from a silo at the Plesetsk state testing cosmodrome in Arkhangelsk Region.

The launch objectives have been met in full.

The design characteristics during all phases of its flight are confirmed. The training combat sections arrived in the target area at Kura training ground on Kamchatka Peninsula.

Flight tests of the prospective heavy-lift missile with a dividing warhead made it possible to assess the correctness of the design and technical solutions used during the development of Sarmat missile system.

This launch is the first in the state test programme. After the completion of the testing programme, the Sarmat missile system will enter service with Strategic Missile Forces.

At the Uzhurskiy missile formation in Krasnoyarsk Territory, preparations are underway to rearm the main missile regiment with the new missile system. Promising Sarmat missile system will replace Voyevoda.

Sarmat system is a product solely of Russian industry cooperation. The missile's mass and energy characteristics have fundamentally expanded its range of weaponry, both in the number of warheads and in types, including gliding hypersonic section.

The new missile is capable of hitting targets at long ranges using a variety of flight trajectories.

Sarmat missile has unique characteristics that allow it to be guaranteed to overcome any existing and promising anti-missile defence systems.

Sarmat is the most powerful missile with the world's longest distance to hit targets, which will significantly enhance the combat power of our country's strategic nuclear forces.

eng.mil.ru...

Test launch of Sarmat ICBM

April 20, 2022 17:50

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:

Comrade officers,

My congratulations to you on the successful launch of the Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile. This is a big, momentous event in the development of advanced weapons systems for the Russian Army. The new complex has the highest tactical and technical characteristics and is capable of overcoming all modern means of anti-missile defence. It has no analogues in the world and will not have any for a long time to come.

This truly unique weapon will strengthen the combat potential of our Armed Forces, reliably ensuring Russia’s security against external threats, and will be a wakeup call for those who are trying to threaten our country in the frenzy of rabid, aggressive rhetoric.

I would like to thank all those who took part in developing and producing this new complex, who made an intellectual contribution to resolving the goals set and who translated into reality the ideas of scientists and designers. Thank you very much.

I would like to emphasise that only domestic parts and components were used in creating the Sarmat missile. This will, of course, facilitate its production by defence industry enterprises and expedite its use in the Strategic Missile Forces.

I would like to thank you for your selfless efforts once again. I wish you new achievements in the name of our Motherland.

en.kremlin.ru...

new topics

top topics

join