It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:
(post by onesoulmanyfacesbook removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thoughts ?? fascinating idea but until I read the book I can only comment on the articles that I've read which son't go into in depth detail.

Personally,I've always believed that the very first bible was incomplete and every copy since has been missing a vital page........

....... All characters in this novel are ficticious and any resemblence to persons living or dead are purely coincidental !!!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Jesus isn't the guy you should worry about. The Romans kicked his ass! It's his psycopath dad you need to sweat. You know, the guy who keeps promising to "do the whole planet"! Just like the Saudi's

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
C'mon man.

Jesus is the most documented person in History.

You can question his story.....but he certainly wasn't made up.

Well said. Nothing more needed to be added to this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-7-2014 by TURBOTRON5000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ltheghost

What a bunch o nannys.

Jesus didn't exist!

Jesus didn't exist!

Nah nah na nah nah!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I thought the Dad Sea scrolls dated back to 400 something bc? Is that not before the time of said confession? Or is he saying that 400 years later some person comes clean and says it was a hoax? If that's the case then he has just as much credit as the author of this article. I believe something amazing happened back then but we won't find out until death. The bibles account is too skewed and full of individual interpretations rather than original meanings.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
*sigh*
I'm just going to leave this here for people who are too lazy to read:

edit on 13-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

C'mon man.

The only records of Jesus are those in religious texts, hardly the most documented person in history....

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

C'mon man.

The only records of Jesus are those in religious texts, hardly the most documented person in history....

How convenient that the mythicists not only get to throw out the new testament as a historical document but also the non-christian sources when it suits them. Yet historicity can be established around other figures in history based around largely similar (and even weaker) criteria.

Be my guest in calling Jesus historicity into question. You'll find yourself among a select group of stubborn simpletons around here that insist on doing so. But Atwill's theory has been thoroughly destroyed, and this thread should die it's due death.
edit on 13-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Wishful thinking pretending that one can plant cacti and harvest peaches . . . is not the same thing as truth.

I'm glad you cleared that up, the whole Cacti/Peach debate was ruining this thread!

Wishful thinking that there is an omnipotent god that punishes you for not believing in him and rewards you with eternal life in his cloud kingdom if you do is not the same thing as truth...
edit on 13/7/14 by djz3ro because: Fixing spelling...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Be my guest in calling Jesus historicity into question. You'll find yourself among a select group of stubborn simpletons around here that insist on doing so. But Atwill's theory has been thoroughly destroyed, and this thread should die it's due death.

Stuborn simpleton? How Christian of you to start name calling because I don't agree with your narrow minded view! I am not as simple as you assume, I did study the bible for 14 years!
edit on 13/7/14 by djz3ro because: Forgot to add the insulting quite...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Stuborn simpleton? How Christian of you to start name calling because I don't agree with your narrow minded view! I am not as simple as you assume, I did study the bible for 14 years!

You didn't study enough, obviously. You clearly had no idea what sort of extra-biblical material there was to discuss. In fact, I'm fairly certain you didn't even bother reading this thread at all. You just saw "Jesus is fake" and chimed in.

You deserve the label.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

You didn't study enough, obviously. You clearly had no idea what sort of extra-biblical material there was to discuss. In fact, I'm fairly certain you didn't even bother reading this thread at all. You just saw "Jesus is fake" and chimed in.

You deserve the label.

I am trawling through the entire thread now, am using my phone to do so, it will take a while though. Good to know that you are the type to make assumptions though, I never assume, it only makes an ASS of U and ME!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Also, considering I hadn't heard of Atwill before this thread, I'll have a look into him and do my own research instead of blindly believing him...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This is what I have tried to explain for so long. Jesus Christ is the Beast of the Apocalypse. His name equals the number of the beast, Church doctrines say he died from crucifixion and a deadly wound in his side, only to mysteriously come back to life a few days later to further fulfill the prophecies of sacrilege. He comes with a symbol that translate into the number of the Beast, his followers symbolically drink the blood and body of a sacrificial-beast-human-god.

Jesus is my favorite part-time for the juiciness of these curiosities and how it turns the wheels in society exactly as intended by the Romans. First hint is how the Hebrew rabbi in question carries a Latin name, second would be how the stories is a knit-work of different earlier and at the time contemporary religious systems, especially Mithraism and early ME pantheons like those of Ba'al and Moloch. Third would be how it is perfect for disarming Judean nationalism at the time, with the voice of Rome prophesying: "The Torah is fulfilled and is the Old Serpent that has fallen like a fireball to the ground, don't need it, and there's no point in circumcision, and eat as much pigs and camels as your heart desires. Pay your taxes to Rome, Roman soldiers love Jesus, and you be good and turn the other cheek, water can be used for wine and bread for meat, don't worry no more about your rich traditions, and Talmud is evil, and walk with me a mile longer, since I'm Roman and you're not."

However, just as much as the Bible most certainly carry all the signs of being a constructed social device made by the Romans and used to quell rebellious tendencies among the Jews and Greeks, and stupify the people -- it was also the spark of European royalty and the cornerstone of these here old kingdoms that soon will tumble to the ground. There is a word that if you dig a grave for someone, you are likely to fall into it yourself. If only just for the irony of it all.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

He killed a child for accidentally bumping his shoulder, and he made the son of Annas the Scribe (same as he who leads the Sanhedrin in his basement where Jesus received his lashes) whither up like a dry tree, according to the Infancy Gospel of Thomas. In it he is also cursing the Jews and intimidated them under the threat of curses:

wesley.nnu.edu...

III. 1 But the son of Annas the scribe was standing there with Joseph; and he took a branch of a willow and dispersed the waters which Jesus had gathered together. [...] 3 And straightway that lad withered up wholly
[...]
IV. 1 After that again he went through the village, and a child ran and dashed against his shoulder. And Jesus was provoked and said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course (lit. go all thy way). And immediately he fell down and died.
[...]
VIII. 2 And when the young child ceased speaking, immediately all they were made whole which had come under his curse. And no man after that durst provoke him, lest he should curse him, and he should be maimed.

"You better behave lest Jesus come and curse you to hell and kill you at the spot!"

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

according to the Infancy Gospel of Thomas. In it he is also cursing the Jews and intimidated them under the threat of curses

You do realize that there is a reason that things like the Infancy Gospel of Thomas are not included in Christian Canon, right? Stuff that is obviously a forgery was automatically excluded, never ever considered for inclusion.

If I write a book that declares Barack Obama to be the anti-Christ, does that make him so?

'Cause that's pretty much what you're saying, lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

If I write a book that declares Barack Obama to be the anti-Christ, does that make him so?

'Cause that's pretty much what you're saying, lol.

What if you were to write a book saying some fictional character is a magic man, son of god etc.....That different?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Not surprised at all at what you write. I do disagree with the article on one point though. There was a religigious man who existed, Appolonius of Tyre whom was widely loved and whom had travelled researching religions and beliefs as far as India, Egypt and elsewhere. Appolonius was also know to the Romans and I suspect much of him is in the character and acts of Jesus.

Christianity didn't exist until Nicea in anything like its form today and it was to establish the role and funding for the Church Fathers on one side, with the backing of the Roman Emperor whom needed a means of uniting the East with the West of his failing Empire and christianity was immediately adopted by a Pagan Emperor in order to do exactly this! No circumcision, background taken from the Hebrews and teachjing to pay your taxes - couldn't have fitted better for its unifying role.

Its because of religious teachers knowing that if you teach this subject to children during the formative years of their understand, they won't question the ridiculous ideas that have been artificially put into their heads. Everywhere there is a religion, you see especially the especially the boys taught it as tiny children. I believe it needs to stop and kids should not be allowed to learn about religion in schools till senior school. Its a very derisive subject and needs tailoring to society today as it kills and starts wars, there is no other subject so dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join