It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is my first post, so please bear with me!

Last week I stayed home sick with the flu. I chose to lie down on the couch so I could feel I had at least made an attempt to get out of bed because to me that feels like I am wasting the day away. Anyway, while laying on the couch, I was drifting in and out of consciousness, between the realm of awake and the realm of the dream state. I could hear the TV, so I figured I was simply dozing and not really asleep. It was during this time that things began to happen.

I have a small dog that likes to lie down with me. He was curled up behind my knees, as usual. However, I felt him get up and jump across me, but I also felt him still laying behind my knees. In other words, he had not moved from that spot. While that may not be unusual, what took place next is. I heard my two youngest children running and playing around me. I even felt them standing next to me, looking at me. My youngest came up to me and said "Hi Mommy". This went on for quite some time. The scary part is that I was home alone, no one was there. I physically felt the dog jumping over me, and I physically felt my youngest standing next to my face and talking to me.

Once I was able to fully 'awaken', I felt very out of it and very nervous for some reason. The next day I was still sick and was very nervous to be home alone. Has anyone ever had such an experience? While I have had numerous experiences with hearing people talk to me and music playing when I am trying to go to sleep, this was the first time it was a voice I actually recognized. It impacted me enough that I had to ask about it on here as some others may have knowledge about what happened to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

Lucid dreaming? Some kind of time warp? I've seen people enter the room while I was 'sleeping', and when I awaken and tell them what I saw them doing, they've been amazed-since my eyes were shut, and I was obviously in a deep sleep. Has been happening for many, many years. Maybe some sleepers don't loose 'all' of their awareness? Maybe they can bridge time/space/reality? Good food for thought.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you for the reply, nugget! Yeah, I don't know what was happening. All I know is it felt so very real!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Some werid things can be experienced when in that state of drowsy 'in and and out of consciousness'.
It has happened to me quite a few times. Most of the times I heard voices, both familiar and unfamilar. Strange noises, footsteps, etc. It feels like I'm awake and conscious and sometimes I'm even sure people are walking in and out of the room, but a few moments later, I really wake up and nothings there, nobody in the house.
Don't know if these are lucid dreams, but if they are, some people say you can learn to control them, (and tame the fear that comes naturally) and have access to a whole different dimension or reality. Just what I've read ,

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You may be lucidly dreaming it. A few nights ago, I had a similar experience sort of. I saw a spider crawl across the ceiling of my dorm room. Then I opened my eyes. I thought I was in that doze state, but apparently, I had fallen asleep. The details of my room and the environment were so accurate I thought it was real. So real in fact that I woke up and turned the light on just to make sure there was really no spider on the ceiling!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies!

I am going to have to look into lucid dreaming. I do this quite often and always thought it was just dozing... lol

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

Hi, it sounds to me like maybe you could have experienced sleep paralysis,

Did you feel like you couldn't move and did your breathing feel like it was labored?

I'd be interested to know,

top topics

join