It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Movie do You want to see made?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Be it fantasy or something in the making... Everyone has a movie or two they would absolutely love to see made...

I have a list of movies i'd love to see come to reality... yet im sure most of them won't ever happen...

For example... the New Sherlock Holmes movies staring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law... I love both of those movies... and I truly hope they're going to make at least one more, though im sure could easily make several...

Law, who has already taken a couple of Sherlock 3 meetings with Warner Bros., has plenty of enthusiasm for the idea. "I hate celebrating anything I've done, but I'm so proud of those films. I think it was Joel Silver who said, 'Take it out of that dusty room and put it on the street'."

In a cliffhanger-off for the ages, both the big and small screen Sherlock Holmes adaptations are currently suspended somewhere on. or several hundred feet below, the Reichenbach Falls. The BBC take on Conan Doyle's tale will find resolution when it airs early next year. According to Law, Guy Ritchie's version may be tearing after it like a man in a three-piece chasing a hansom cab.

"I think Warners want it," says Law, "and there's a lot of want from us as a team. We want it to be better than the other two. We want to make sure it's smarter and cleverer, but in the same realm."

Though what about the older classics?

Perhaps you can think of a movie from the 1950's you would like to see a sequel to?

I personally don't think I could go back that far, but its easy to imagine something from more recent times...

I would love to see Beetlejuice 2!! Michael Keaton is an amazing actor, and that movie is one of my all time favorites!

How about Bill and Ted strike out for another adventure? Unfortunately we'd be missing Rufus, but it still might be interesting...

Oh and speaking of Keanu Reeves... I would love to see Constantine 2 as well!

So tell me all you movie fanatics... What Movie would you love to see made?

Stars for your time and ideas of course!

edit on 7-10-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A re-do of Logans Run please

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
first thing that came to my mind was a movie based on the book Rainbow Six by the late tom Clancy

I am sure there are loads of others, if it was to be a squeal then I would love to see a new Wynes world.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I would like to see Arthur C. Clarke's 2061: Odyssey Three and 3001: The Final Odyssey books made into modern movies. There were so many amazing things in both books that could be portrayed beautifully on the big screen.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It could possibly be a huge undertaking, but I'd like to see The Wheel of Time series made
Into movies. I keep looking for celebrities that could fill one roll or another and whenever I see a tall, red head anywhere (yes I know you loose the context if you've never read them yourself) I go "Wow he would make a great Aiel!"

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Vampire: The Masquerade.

I played the pen and paper version and the online PC game (didn't care for bloodlines all that much due to the lack of an online component), and it is an amazingly rich world with a very cool storyline and interesting mythology.

I am so sick and tired of the romanticized hollywood "sexy vampires". While V:TM certainly contains vampires that fit that mould, it contains other clans that completely defy that stereotype. Flesh crafting Tzimisce, Nosferatu, Baali, etc.

Couple that with the other creatures in white wolfs "world of darkness" like the werewolf clans and ghouls as well as some of the more terrible forces and I think a V:TM trilogy would be an awesome series if it was done right. I heard there was an MMO in the works but that seemed to have gone nowhere

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would really like to see Bladerunner as a remake or sequel to that. Also Chronicles of Riddick was my favourite haven´t seen the new one yet so i hope it pleases me when i do.

More Boondock Saint´s

Remake of Clockwork orange
Remake of Dune

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I want to see a movie about Aleister Crowley in all his glory! Not a documentary, but a movie that shows his life and adventures.

Also a movie about UFO's (something that is not cheesy)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would absolutely love a Legend of Zelda movie!!

I believe that a number of movie scripts have been offered to Nintendo which they have always turned down

A few years ago IGN released a supposed movie trailer but it was merely an April Fool joke lol

Okay....some of it was a bit iffy lol But I think a movie of The Legend of Zelda could make the transition from video game to the big screen and given the right production could be epic! I can but dream

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I want to see the book "The Demon Lover" (by Juliet Dark) turned into a movie. It's already written theatrically to begin with. I can imagine it on the big screen so well!

edit on 7-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Call of Cthulhu or At the Mountains of Madness.

Well, any Lovecraft would be awesome. Anything with a better budget than Dagon.

The Belgariad and Malloreon by David Eddings.

And most definitely The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A film adaptation of the book House of Leaves. I think it would be impossible, but damn that book is amazing. They'd probably ruin it.

Good read though, HIGHLY recommended. I think many members would really enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would like to see an awesome Alien esq "Metroid" movie...starring Madison Riley or maybe Scarlet Johansen.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dune,but with H R Giger still on board.
(David Lynch's worst directorial error was letting him go imo)

A decent version of "At the mountains of madness" by HP Lovecraft,maybe directed by Ridley Scott.

A three parter based on Robert McCammons masterpeice,"Swan Song."
Peter Jackson directs.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Akragon

I would like to see an awesome Alien esq "Metroid" movie...starring Madison Riley or maybe Scarlet Johansen.

You mean like the original Nintendo game with Samus?

That would be interesting!

Great suggestion!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The novel Aztec by Gary Jennings.
It's a looooong read and the first 50 pages seem to go nowhere but the next 850 leave you hanging on the edge of your seat. Jennings brings the world of the Aztec alive during the time of Cortez' occupation. A true feat of imagination and suspense with surprise endings that put Tolkien to shame.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Akragon

OrphanApology
reply to post by Akragon

You mean like the original Nintendo game with Samus?

That would be interesting!

Great suggestion!

Yep. I think so too!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would like to see some Piers Anthony stuff done into movies. Primarily, the Incarnations of Immortality series, and his pseudofiction book Tatham Mound.

I would also like to see another book by Larry Niven called Burning City. Exploring the intrinsic inability to lie by humanoid reptiles/dinos....that was interesting.

The Dragonriders of Pern....another movie that I cannot believe they haven't CGI'd the hell out of.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
The novel Aztec by Gary Jennings.
It's a looooong read and the first 50 pages seem to go nowhere but the next 850 leave you hanging on the edge of your seat. Jennings brings the world of the Aztec alive during the time of Cortez' occupation. A true feat of imagination and suspense with surprise endings that put Tolkien to shame.

Wouldn't that be a sequel to "Apocalypto"?

IF you've seen it... at the end the natives see the ships at the edge of the water...

Mel Gibson might be interested in your idea

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You know what other movie would be really awesome is "Infinite Jest" based on book.

Also anyone ever listen to that podcast ? "Welcome to Nightvale"....

That would make a cool movie if done right.

www.youtube.com...

Also a movie based on the videogame Shadowrun would be cool if done kinda like Bladerunner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join