It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Movie do You want to see made?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i'd like to see nero wolfe come to the silver screen.
A&E made some television episodes starring timmothy hutton and maury chaykin. they were out of this world great. it would be tough to surpass those.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
The novel Aztec by Gary Jennings.
It's a looooong read and the first 50 pages seem to go nowhere but the next 850 leave you hanging on the edge of your seat. Jennings brings the world of the Aztec alive during the time of Cortez' occupation. A true feat of imagination and suspense with surprise endings that put Tolkien to shame.

One of my all time favorite books-even though it almost gave me PTSD...Some of those Aztec rituals are beyond nasty.Excellent story though.

Very good choice for a film.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Akragon

A decent version of "At the mountains of madness" by HP Lovecraft,maybe directed by Ridley Scott.

Del Toro has been trying to get a Mountains Of madness movie greenlit for years, it's sort of semi in pre-production, but the studios are unwilling to sign off on a 100 million movie where everybody dies at the end.

My vote is for a Dredd sequel.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I want to see a "The 4400" movie made. They kind of pissed me off when they left off where they did and I still want to know what happened. Now I am mad all over again...

edit on 10/8/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Glad to see this question be asked. We need a little levity on here from time to time. Some folks on here will have no idea what I'm talking about but alot of others will. There was a T.V show that ran in the USA for a few years in the late 60"s. It was set in western times dealing with the Calvary & Indians. It was called F-Troop.

It had a cast of characters that bumbles their way through all sorts of escapades. When I grew up I realised what some of the characters were. The Indians were called the "Hippacowas" They were like hippy Indians, allways working with a couple of folks at the fort to keep the piece and make a buck or two. The two at the fort, one was con man, one was an idiot, that would be corpal Ahern. Todays group of actors could do this show so justice with a movie remake.

My wife and I have sat around numerous times and "CAST'" who we would want to play the various parts. The only one we can agree on is Paul Rudd to play Colonel Pomiter. Any one else out in ATS land have any suggestions for the rest of the cast, that is if your familuar with the show. Maybe George Clooney As SGT O'Rourke, Cameron Diaz as Miss Jane.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I was born in 72...but i watched F Troop in syndication.

There is a latin band called "La Tropa F" that I have always liked. Especially their song "Juan Sabor"....reminds me of my father in law.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I liked the show F-Troop, as I aged I understood what was going on. I knew that back then they were addressing modern day issues. Such as the Indians, Crazy Cat was obviously gay, Miss Jane was a strong willed woman who did'nt need a man to save her. And the troops were as dumb as a box of rocks, except for Sgt O'Rourk. And it played COl Pomiter as a reluctant soldier who looks for ways not to war against the Indians. And like some of the shows of that era, the lesser characters took the lead. Corparol Ahearn was an idiot, but he stole the show. I still remember the actors name/ Larry Storch. This premise would make for an excellent comedy with modern era actors. So you were born in the year of the Nixon, and I was born in the year of the JFK.62 & 72 I must say some great minds were born in those years, wouldnt you agree.LOL

edit on 8-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Other shows of that era that I adored:

- The Rifleman
- Gunsmoke
- The Big Valley

And I likely wouldn't shun a decent remake of the Million Dollar Man.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Painterz

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Akragon

A decent version of "At the mountains of madness" by HP Lovecraft,maybe directed by Ridley Scott.

Del Toro has been trying to get a Mountains Of madness movie greenlit for years, it's sort of semi in pre-production, but the studios are unwilling to sign off on a 100 million movie where everybody dies at the end.

Man,I bet he would make a good job of it as well..Hope he does one day.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A couple of others I thought up overnight-

"Slaine"-Of 2000ad comic fame,an awesome tale of an ancient Celtic warrior fighting all manner of enemies for his goddess.
And also a book I read recently by Joe Hill(that's Stephen King's son,and lets just say the apple don't fall far from the tree)-
"Nos4R2"-a good horror yarn about a ghoul in a Rolls Royce who preys on kids.

Both of those two would make cracking films I think.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A GOOD version of Atlas Shrugged. Not that crappy two part thing that recently came out and that (I don't think) never made it to the movie theatres. I want a really good version. And NOT with Angelina Jolie. The focus should be the story ... not her pouting for the camera.

I'd also love to see the Kim Harrison books made into movies or a TV series. The Rachael Morgan storyline which starts with Dead Witch Walking. FUN!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

TheMainEvent
reply to post by buster2010

Probably the best idea i've seen on the thread. With Thanos being the villain of the 2nd Avengers movie, the odd's of this happening are pretty good.

Come to think of it, an animated film based off of DC's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" could be pretty epic too.

That would make a great movie also. I wonder if Thanos will be actually fighting the Avengers seeing how he could take them on by himself even without the Gauntlet.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Awesome!

Thanks for the link.

The only Lovecraft story that I've actually seen that was adapted to film was Dagon, and that adaptation was pretty bad.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

- The Rifleman
- Gunsmoke
- The Big Valley

Did you ever watch the Cisco Kid? That would make a descent movie.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

buster2010

bigfatfurrytexan

- The Rifleman
- Gunsmoke
- The Big Valley

Did you ever watch the Cisco Kid? That would make a descent movie.

Thhere you go...that one too.

Grizzly Adams....i LOVED that show. His face....he could be from my family. My uncle (who isn't quite so kind) looked just like him. I look somewhat similar.

Know who else looks like him? Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty. Spittin image, just shorter. LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd love to see a proper film adaptation of one of my favorite comic book series, the 6 part Origin, the Wolverine films they made are unwatchable!
I'd also like to see Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (one of my favorite fantasy books) whose film rights were sold to New Line but was put off indefinitely.
Philip Pulman's His Dark Materials trilogy is another one, the one they made, Golden Compass was rubbish.
And why not, another of my favorite books, Garcia Marquez's Hundred Years of Solitude, although that would be quite difficult to put into a film.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There are so many...
Legend of Zelda
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
A decent 'Heroes' movie
Pushing Daisies
Jericho

I am getting two that I really wanted though: Veronica Mars and Entourage

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If I had only one, I would love to see a sequel to Pan's Labyrinth (except in English and without all of the subtitles).

If I had a couple of other choices, I would pick a sequel to They Live (awesome conspiracy movie), and Halo (gotta throw a video game movie in the mix).

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm right there with you on the " Six Million Dollar Man" Remake, except with today's cost's and cost over-runs. He would be the......." Seven Billion Dollar Man" If they only spent Six Million, he aint getting nothing but a bionic finger. My dad loved Grizzly Adams, everytime I see that show in syndication, it brings those memories of my dad up.

Those are great memories .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Is it about a guy hiding in a corner and shooting people as they run by?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join