It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Movie do You want to see made?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would like to see a high budget re-make of "LifeForce".

I would also like to see a series of high budget "Dr. Who" movies, where they pull out all the stops, and do it right.

Other than that, I wish JJ Abrams would hurry up, and get busy on the last three "Star Wars" episodes.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'd love to see Hollywood do a Justice League movie, with the success of the avengers, I can only imagine how epic it would be to see the "Big 7" of the DC universe on the big screen.

Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" is up high on my wishlist.

My other pick is actually being made as we speak. "Ender's game" by Orson Scott Card. I read the book in highschool and always wished they'd adapt it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would like to see a movie based on first contact and the Eisenhower/CIA creation that focuses on alien connection. With what happened with the surviving Greys, wher they were kept and wht we learned from them. Maybe a camio from Bob.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The movie based on my life, of course!!!

Or the sequel to the excellent The Blob, the one from 1989.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

MINE............

Here in Tamalewood, screenplays abound and everyone is chasing money. I'm no exception.

My scrip centers around hotrods, sex, drugs, rock and roll and Texas holdem. Any producers out there?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Other than that, I wish JJ Abrams would hurry up, and get busy on the last three "Star Wars" episodes.

I hear that brother...

I've been twitchin to see the new hobbit movie, and I can't wait to see how they pull the entire thing together in the last part of the trilogy "there an back again"

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I would like to see an animated movie made from The Infinity Gauntlet limited series from Marvel.

The Infinity Gauntlet

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by Akragon

MINE............

Here in Tamalewood, screenplays abound and everyone is chasing money. I'm no exception.

My scrip centers around hotrods, sex, drugs, rock and roll and Texas holdem. Any producers out there?

You should turn it into a comedy about guys who think they are racers but are really just idiots driving around in four cylinder pieces. Like they soup up 1995 Hyundais and Kias, with those shiny metallic hub caps.

Have you ever tried to go rogue in making a film?

Lots of great cameras out there now for under 4k. Of course there's the XL2 which has dropped quite a bit but there are others that are superior now and around the same price. No use waiting around for a producer. Go rogue and go to a festival. Comedy is usually the easiest.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
But not Mad Max. Why.. Why you fools..

Yes, yes it's BANE as max. Or Charlie Bronson if you must. Or rubber lips pin doodle...

They foul the very memory of the road warrior. Unless it's really good. THen I wont mind much.

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I love the Fantasy genre.

I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire right now. I was thinking about reading either the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind or Piers Anthony's Xanth series.

Not really sure which one I'll read. I'll probably just end up reading both of them eventually.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ugh I think it would have to be very very very right for Who to be a movie. The US attempt many years ago was so terrible I felt bad for the tardis.. it was the only thing that remained reasonably similar from the outside.

Julia roberts brother as the master... Just sad.

And the guy as the doc? Sure sure sure... lets just make every single doctor morph into one. It was almost as bad as watching the original movies where the old geezer and the kids were running around inside a rocky planet hideing from daleks.

Terrible terrible stuffs..

But if done right.. very very very right... well, you'd need a doctor you could gel with first, and you only really get that after you get to know them. I hate them all at first. "You're not a doctor, you're a twat!" I think.. then one day when they regenerate again, I think "Nooo, not the good doc!!"

For instance, the new one. Bad choice. Plucked right from a 4 part episode of Torchwood. As if jack harkness is not bad enough of a plot destruction... Great episode by the way, one of the better ones. Tee hee, kids turned into bongs.

If they teamed it up with a current known doc, it could work. But then, there is no need for a who movie, as the seriese has it all. At least when they are concurrent in story and not one offs that end after 49 minutes.

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Janus Syndrome

By Steven E. McDonald

A soul-brother like no other.

Has alien conspiracies, secret societies, alien gods, etc.

Free Download Link

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Probably the best idea i've seen on the thread. With Thanos being the villain of the 2nd Avengers movie, the odd's of this happening are pretty good.

Come to think of it, an animated film based off of DC's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" could be pretty epic too.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I really enjoyed Xanth. There is no shortage of installments in that story!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
First it would be an honor to see Good Omens on the big screen. Second how great would a movie of The Talisman be? Dune goes without saying and I mean a proper Dune and why not the children and god emporer since we all love sequels?

P.s. I joined after lurking for years to say that...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Shadowrun was a huge series of hi tech magic and mayhem books. Worth checking out and jacking in

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You make some good points wino. Probably best to leave Dr. Who alone. The travesty could be even worse than the first time, and the Doctor would have to go back and delete my post, so it never happens.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

OrphanApology

olaru12
reply to post by Akragon

MINE............

Have you ever tried to go rogue in making a film?

Lots of great cameras out there now for under 4k. Of course there's the XL2 which has dropped quite a bit but there are others that are superior now and around the same price. No use waiting around for a producer. Go rogue and go to a festival. Comedy is usually the easiest.

I have worked on a few indys as an SAG actor, DP and or AD for other producer/directors. We usually rent a Red if we have a budget or use our DSLRs if we don't. Normally our financing is thru indygogo, kickstarter or other crowd funding platforms.

here's one....
www.imdb.com...

edit on 7-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Funny thing about the Sherlock Holmes movie. A girl I dated for awhile in Las Vegas, her brother is R.D> jr's personal trainer, choreographed the fight scenes and did some stunt doubling for him. maybe I could facebook her for some insider info????

Personally my favorites would be hard to film.
First, Conan the barbarian...the first two were ridiculous plain and simple. the third was decent but the actor just wasnt what Conan was ...almost 7 feet tall, a veritable giant and none could stand against him in single combat.
Granted it would be hard to find an actor like that lol...and a story line.... But add in my second choice

Tarzan,lord of the jungle. Not the Tarzan with Bo derek but stories from Edgar Rice Burroughs books.
Granted too much CGI would be needed but listen to this concept....

Short movies. Like the old cliff hangers that showed before our old disney movies with Dexter Riley...
only no feature film, just a couple cliff hangers. following the books of E.R Burroughs and Robert E.Howard

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

the HP Lovecraft Historical Society made a fantastic silent film of Call of Cthulu. here is a trailer:
youtu.be...

i think it is on netflix. it's well worth your time to check out this wonderful film.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join