It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Park Service OKs immigration reform rally on 'closed' National Mall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

But but but..............there is no money to keep them open, right??????

Sorry, this administration has shown it's true colors! Such as the Amber Alert SNAFU.....

Just for you Indigo! UPDATE: AMBER WEBSITE NOW WORKING – Obama plays POLITICS with LOST CHILDREN, shuts down Amber Alert website

Try again!
edit on 7-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Indigo5

Bassago

The administration says screw the veterans but never misses a chance to help out the illegal aliens. Pathetic, once again.
edit on 844pm4545pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Actually the Administration opened memorials to Veterans?

National Park Service to keep WW II Memorial open to veterans
articles.washingtonpost.com...

And this rally was permitted under the "First Amendment"..

Susana Flores, a spokesperson for the rally, confirmed for the Washington Examiner that the Park Service will allow the event to take place under the group's rights granted by the First Amendment

washingtonexaminer.com...

Which applies to all scheduled Rally at the National Mall...not just Immigration reform.

You need to read the articles you post. From your own link:

At the closed-off National World War II Memorial, two days of assaults by veterans prompted the National Park Service to announce that they had the legal right to be there and would not be barred in the future.

Got that? "After two days of assaults" the Park Service had to admit they didn't have the right to close it in the first place. Meaning, they closed it then had to admit they were wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

From your article:

At the nearby Vietnam Veterans Memorial, barricades at both entrances seemed to have been pushed aside and the memorial was thronged with visitors. At the World War II Memorial, veterans, accompanied by legislators, breached the barricades for the second day before the Park Service said they had the right to enter.

So veterans and citizens are allowed in after they "breach the barricades?" Well that seems fair. /sarc

And this rally was permitted under the "First Amendment"..

Of course it was.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

You guys really seem confused.

When the Gov. shuts down, every department that is affected is required by law to shut-down...park service etc.

THEN..on a case-by-case basis the Administration can get lawyers to do a work-around.

THUS...They opened the WW2 Memorial...Thus they cited the 1st amendment in allowing the Rally at the mall...which means anyone can schedule a Rally there now.

It is the WH that is actually opening things up and pushing back on the LEGALLY MANDATED Shut Down the GOP have demanded and cheered.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Remember the Alamo in Texas ? I would actually like to see some federal agency try and close it... not because I want to see someone hurt either.... The response would make the trucker strike on the 11th look like a Sunday drive with the Grand Kids IMO.

They won't it is privately owned by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas... But, like someone else said if the can try and close the Ocean down and monuments that sit outside in the elements all year no telling what they might try next... Ted Crus is from Texas so that should be reason enough for the feds, No? I really do think the pain would flow both ways in that scenario. Like I said it won't happen just an interesting thought after reading several threads about closures....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by seeker1963

You guys really seem confused.

When the Gov. shuts down, every department that is affected is required by law to shut-down...park service etc.

THEN..on a case-by-case basis the Administration can get lawyers to do a work-around.

THUS...They opened the WW2 Memorial...Thus they cited the 1st amendment in allowing the Rally at the mall...which means anyone can schedule a Rally there now.

It is the WH that is actually opening things up and pushing back on the LEGALLY MANDATED Shut Down the GOP have demanded and cheered.

You seem really confused to me. Why would they need to 'shut down' an OPEN AREA? Okay, if it has a gate, shut it. An open area? They had to PAY people to put up barricades. They paid more to shut it down than if they had just left it alone. The Park Service receives orders directly from the White House. The White House made a decision to put up barricades when they could have easily decided to close only gated areas and avoided the whole problem. They are trying to close privately owned areas too. Mt. Vernon is privately owned. How did that even get on the list to close?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by Bassago

Remember the Alamo in Texas ? I would actually like to see some federal agency try and close it...

Ted Crus is from Texas so that should be reason enough for the feds, No? I really do think the pain would flow both ways in that scenario.

Now that would be a real filibuster, trying to close the Alamo with Ted Cruz holding ground against the feds. That picture is going stick in my mind all day. lol

I think they will not try to target Cruz simply because he'll whack them back and make them look stupid. Again.

Remember the Alamo!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Comment retracted

edit on 7-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Did they? Show me proof it was opened! If it was opened, (which it wasn't, it is just that the WWII vets embarrassed the hell out this oppressive administration) please show me some proof that the Whitehouse has admitted this, that you are saying.......

Yet, you still avoid, my original question as to how the mall can be open for illegals to protest, but closed to everyone else........

How I love watching someone dig their own grave.........MUAHAHA

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

Did they? Show me proof it was opened! If it was opened, (which it wasn't, it is just that the WWII vets embarrassed the hell out this oppressive administration) please show me some proof that the Whitehouse has admitted this, that you are saying.......

Yet, you still avoid, my original question as to how the mall can be open for illegals to protest, but closed to everyone else........

How I love watching someone dig their own grave.........MUAHAHA

Yes that is an interesting question. How do non-citizens have the right to free speech? If they are admitting to being here illegally, why aren't they arrested and deported on the spot? I mean, I think that is the law, isn't it? Oh wait, I know! Laws that the government doesn't like can be ignored until they can manage to change the law. insert sarcasm here. They are supposed to enforce the law until it is changed but, hey! Let's not split hairs.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Indigo5

Here's an article showing that the barricades were still up YESTERDAY.

www.usatoday.com...

So this guy is a singer for the band Five for Fighting. Never heard of him before lol. He says he was able to get through the barricades easily but how easy is it for a wheelchair bound person to get in? It was built as an OPEN AREA so in order to close it they had to drag barricades out there. Not just shut a gate.

He was even physically pushed out of the Jefferson Memorial even though he was leaving. I mean ... REALLY? Why push someone when they are trying to leave anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

US veterans are protesting in DC this coming weekend along with truckers from across America because of these unnecessary closures and hardships. Our veterans have had to remove needless barricades to access their war memorials!

www.alipac.us...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You failed to address the issue.

The Obama administration gives an okay for a rally for illegals in DC in the 'closed' mall,
but they lock WWII Veterans out. The Greatest Generation who free'd the world from
Hitler are treated with disdain, but the illegals are given free reign.

A rally for illegals gets the okay ... but at the same time 'we the people' are locked out
of the Peoples House and can't tour it .. and we can't go see The Blue Angels because they've
been grounded.

If that doesn't turn your stomach ... then there is something seriously wrong ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join