It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regime restricts access to Mt Rushmore...this is not a joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Due to the government shutdown, roads and access to the famous Mt Rushmore have been blocked with cones and closed. This is as bad as the government trying to shutdown an ocean or Mt Vernon which is privately owned.

Link

way viewing areas were coned off.

“It’s all closed up,” the newspaper quoted North Collins, N.Y., resident Hilde Werneth as saying. “They won’t even let you stop and take a picture. You can only drive by.”

Jim Hagen, secretary of the South Dakota Department of Tourism, said the situation is hurting people from out-of-state and international visitors who are in South Dakota to visit the monument.

“They won’t even let you pull off on the side of the road,” Hagen said. “I just don’t know what they’re trying to accomplish.”

A spokeswoman for the National Park Service in Omaha confirmed that the monument is closed, but she said she didn’t have details about cones. A message left at Mount Rushmore was not returned.

Vets can go to memorials. Kids can't go to the White House. Websites are shutdown and reopened (Amber Alerts). IS the government simply trying to push people to a point where they do something rash and then can act on it? Remember also, someone was paid to place those cones...

edit on 10am31amfu2013-10-07T11:25:39-05:001139 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's costing more to enforce the shutdown than it would be to keep things running. A campground out west shut down but let the people stay because they paid. No water or electric so they called the health department and forced them to either refund or turn stuff on. They did nither not it's going to cost who knows how much the clean up the tons of sewage on the ground

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Saw this pic this morning. Nothing surprises me anymore with this regime.

(yes, I know this is a joke)
edit on 10/7/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: sheeesh

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There seems to be no shortage of Obamacones & Barrycade tape.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

If the Native Americans would like to choose this moment to TAKE BACK the Sacred land of the Black Hills? Well.. I have a couple arms I could donate them for the cause. It's a fine cause with fine timing.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the people most wronged by the faces on the mountain came to be the ones most responsible for insuring our access to the monument?

I can see them closing the facility at the base of the monument. THAT I can understand. Closing off turnouts? Roads? I mean, this isn't money..this is SPITEFUL. It isn't about not using their paid facility ...they mean to see to it that no one even SEES the monument from a position to enjoy it. Even a little bit....even from public vantage points.

This isn't a shutdown as much as a spanking for the American Public. Uncle Obama figured we needed taken to the woodshed it seems.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Can we still fly the flag?
Sing the national anthem?
Look at the "purple mountains majesty"?

Pay close attention to all of this, folks. This is what tyrants do.

This is what dictators do.

This is what controlling central authorities do.

This is what police-states do.

This is what small, petulent, bitter, spiteful, resentful, cowards do.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That is a big hanky. Do they all have colds?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

rickymouse
That is a big hanky. Do they all have colds?

Not colds, but they are rolling in their graves as to how we let this once-proud country fall apart.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They are trying to push people towards violence. I would advise people not to take the bait.
If it ever comes to that it needs to happen on the peoples' terms, not theirs.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've heard it's really the only thing worth seeing in S. Dakota. And people living there didn't think it could any more boring ...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

South Dakota is beautiful. Its been many years since I was up there, I was a young child, but I remember being mesmerized by the scenery.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by MystikMushroom

South Dakota is beautiful. Its been many years since I was up there, I was a young child, but I remember being mesmerized by the scenery.

I really agree you you on this. Have you seen the tree?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, somebody needs taken to the woodshed for a spanking allright. That's how we used to deal with spoiled brats who threw temper tantrums.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Just had to reply to say I loved the signature.
Second.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I cannot help but feel that if more folks (not those here on these forums, but the average mind-blanked plebians out there that we all know and love) felt the same sense of rage, of immense anger at the shear audacity that these hired and paid for elected guns are behaving in such a manner as to toy with our security, livelyhood, our dignity....

I cannot help but feel that we would have an armed rebellion on our hands.

But apparently twerking, Monday night Football, and everything else we're coddled with is simply to strong of a sedative.

- SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm so fed up with this, with everyone we, collectively, have elected. I'd love to be done with Mr. Obama, the democrats and the republicans. Don't give me the whole one is better than the other argument, they're all scum, and they need to be removed and jailed for what they've done to this country.

link   

beezzer
Can we still fly the flag?
Sing the national anthem?
Look at the "purple mountains majesty"?

Pay close attention to all of this, folks. This is what tyrants do.

This is what dictators do.

This is what controlling central authorities do.

This is what police-states do.

This is what small, petulent, bitter, spiteful, resentful, cowards do.

1. No Link to flags at school

2. Not yet - The pledge is taken away in many school though....

3. Purple mountains...well, the government has not found a way to tax sunlight or sunset yet so I think we are still ok...

as stated above I really think this is about reaction. What will people do..say...act. No one is doing anything really. We are all at the mercy of the Federal Government right now. With all he provoking they need one more mass shooting/attack and the cookie crumbles....
edit on 10pm31pmfu2013-10-07T12:25:46-05:001246 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I don't know what you mean. Its been 25 years since I've been there.
I also have come to realize the civil engineering in the roads around Rushmore is quite impressive as well. I remember a few places where you can stop and look back up the road to see the monument framed within tunnels through the mountain.
That's impressive.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Still fly the flag? Only as long as there are no housing ordinances or landlord disputes over it.
Sing the National Anthem? At least until Disney buys the copyright.
And purple mountains majesty? I think this shows that no, we can't. When they close off roads and won't even let people pull over to look, it shows what they think of our rights.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
After closing a portion of the ocean as part of the government shutdown, and requesting that americans divert their eyes when in the presence of national monuments, we are now being not watch the baseball playoffs or eat apple pie as well, as not gazing on the beauty of a soaring bald eagle.

Personally, I think it's time we stop doing a few other "american" things, like paying taxes and spending our money on anything that might, somehow, wind up benefitting this inept government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join