It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable heathcare my rear (t&c compliant)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

I want to stress the point that the democrats that forced this down our throats - MADE THEMSELVES NOT VICTIMS TO THIS ENSLAVERY!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy pelosie doesn't have to live under obmacareless - niether does Harry ried - or obama or biden or holder or any one that is employed by them.

COMMUNISM is forced up on the enslaved masses - no one better own any private property that can be taken from them after a car acccident where they end up in the hospital.

Throw these bastards out!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

At first i was behind it Obama care now seeing the cost and deductible, it is nothing but a scam inforced by the Gov and the IRS, this is not what is was meant to be , more will see it is better to pay the fine than to buy the policy. The Fed Gov, Obama has seen a way to con money out of the poor, and the IRS, Obama had seen a way to collect on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You are preaching to the choir buddy! They avoid Obamacare like the plague when it comes to covering them and their families. If it is so good for America then they should be forced to have it too. Just another case of Governmental "do as we say not as we do" mentality.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Happy1

Just think, this is a debt you cannot hide from, generally bankrupt, or even DIE to escape. This is enforced by the power of the IRS. They'll attach your damn Estate after death to get the money for this bill or what you'll owe for not "joining" the exchanges.

Before you know it, we'll be "invited" to reeducation "camps" to some "guidance" for talking like this, too.

Wrabbit, you have expressed one of the most evil powers our government possesses.. financial necrophilia. They can get you back there after you're dead too. I'm going for cremation--I don't care. I know, bad joke... but if they want me it's going to be rough as a handful of gravel.

Back strictly to the thread, I can't even afford the penalty. Does that mean I have standing in Eviction Court? No.
Does that allow evidence of sole root cause by affadavit in Bankruptcy Court? Try again, sonny.

Never thought it could go this far without somebody on The Hill explaining how The Tick is done eatin' all the dogs in the kennel, and working on its own kids: like the Whigs AND the Torys. Maybe the Bull Bunny Party is an idea whose time has come. Ya got my and Charlie's vote... he's Belgian, but thinks like a Hungarian. Embedded photo someday when I can decipher the heiroglyphs.

For reeducation; I feel as Besmenov like things for uncle derf, and many others of a like mind, have degenerated to the point sufficiently to make brainwashing attempts a loser.

Re-Ed phase two-- coercion? I cut my teeth on duplex, BUZZ.
My favorite set of scenes for a short bastardized vignette:
Hey Miley, try partially ingesting this secondary wire from the internal coil healthy antique Vertex here, while you hold the housing like so and turn the distributor gear. I wanna see which one of your eyes pop out first BWAHAHAhahahaaaa. Ain't science better than music pron ? Nice hair ratn sweets.. are there any Teslas in your hairdresser's family tree?
Last digression I promise.

But-- when a 42 kilovolt potato masher snack looks like a good alternative to the gubmint HC plan to somebody as intellectually compromised as I am; it's time for saner minds to prevail, if there are indeed any to be had in the general population with quantity.

Sometimes making fully light of a rediculously impossible joke with another is the only way to keep pinching myself... and saying OMG I'm not sleeping. They think this will work.

Almost 0130-- have to get up kind of early to get the eviction notice off the front door for the third time in four months. I think this one will be the charm that moves me to mooching wifi.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
so... I'm Australian, but I threw in my own details into a calculator, along with a CA postcode (95409, I've spent time there).
I have a family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 children under 11.

My costs under the ACA?

$549 per month.

...but that's fine, I didn't need to pay for trivial expenses like... you know... rent. Or food.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Whew... I tried to sign up for myself but could not select Philippines.

Then I read this:

U.S. citizens living outside the U.S.

U.S. citizens living in a foreign country are not required to get health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act. If you're uninsured and living abroad, you don't have to pay the fee that other uninsured U.S. citizens may have to pay.

Whew, I'll add that to my list of why it's better not in the USA.

Edit, link: Healthcare.gov - Am I eligible for coverage in the marketplace
edit on 7-10-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ran a check just to see, in Texas with a family of 2 adults and 2 teens...$695 a month for the silver plan...no thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

liejunkie01
Mods if you feel this belongs in the rant section then please move. This is definitely a social issue that will lead to civil unrest.

I went to my mother's house earlier.

She told me she looked into "affordable" coverage.

$100 a month with a $10,000 deductable.

She makes $9 an hour, give or take a $0.25.

Now excuse me, but if anyone could afford a $10,000 deductable, then they should be able to afford regular health insurance.

What a scam.

She said she's going to pay the penalty.

GREAT PLAN.

edit on 6-10-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2013 by liejunkie01 because: spelling/grammar

Can you give the details? How old is she? annual income? smoker? Which plan she looked at? (bronze, silver, gold.. )

There is a cost calculator on NBCNews.com that gives an idea of the costs...

NBCNews ACA cost calculator

Curious...

If she's 35, non-smoker, makes just under $19,000, no children.

"Here's what the calculator comes up with:
estimated 2014 total premium costs including the tax credit:$860 per year"

"If you enroll in a silver plan, the out-of-pocket maximum for your plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $2,250"

So... I'm wondering where she is coming up with a $10,000 deductable...

edit on 7-10-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

She is 51(pretty sure .lol), smoker and I believe it was the cheapest package, monthly payment, not sure though.

I can get the details sometime later. Im on break.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

But get this, because it's getting such a bad reputation right off the bat, democrats are now blaming it on Republicans.

Listen to this quote:

Obamacare is a Republican idea. It's based on the individual mandate, an idea introduced by the conservative pro-business Heritage Foundation, promoted by Republican leaders, and enacted in Massachusetts by Gov. Romney. Republicans only began to detest it circa 2009 when President Obama and Democrats made it part of Obamacare.

The Democrats have been saying that for a while now, but for anyone interested in knowing the differences, they can check here...

www.politifact.com...

The final conclusion...

We agree with Heritage that the differences between its original vision and the version enacted into law are not trivial, and are enough to undercut the president's effort to secure a Heritage Foundation seal of approval for his bill. But the president helped his case by wording his statement with extreme care. Intentionally or not, he gave himself subtle linguistic running room by saying that "a lot of the ideas" for the exchange came from Heritage, including the concept of "just being able to pool and improve the purchasing power of individuals in the insurance market." Even if not all of the ideas in the two plans are identical, we feel that it was fair of him to say that "a lot of the ideas" are in common, including the notion of pooling. So we conclude that the president's statement qualifies as Mostly True.

In the meanwhile, everyone should have been reviewing Romneycare closely to see how it was really working. Romneycare was bankrupting the state until Massachusetts was allowed to pawn off half of their expenses onto the federal government. In the meanwhile, the amount of money being spent on health care in Massachusetts doubled between 2006 - 2011 after it became law.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What plan is she getting? Bronze? Silver? Other??? Also, sounds like she would be the optimal candidate for the tax credit, one that could be near $5000 +/-, a credit that can be paid/applied upfront. I am by no means a Obamacare supporter, but for someone with no health care (I assume she has none?) It does not sound like a bad deal...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

$4,063 per year premium

$3,169 is the tobacco surcharge....

$2,250 out of pocket max.

A non-smoker, age 51 at $19,000 per year would pay $894 in premiums...

...but I have no way of knowing if the calculator is accurate.

Of course it depends on what state you live in as well.. some states did not choose to expand Medicare so those states will have higher premiums.

I can imagine she is pretty upset about it....

...what kills me is that her income puts her at 165% above poverty level. Seems to me that $19,000 per year is barely enough for one person to make it on.

I'm one of those who believe that health care should be available to everyone for several reasons. One being, the cost of indigent health services. Non-insured emergency room visits cost the American tax payer billions of dollars every year.

There are many good things about the ACA, like being able to insure your kids until they are 26, the pre-existing condition clause, and opening up competion between Ins. providers across state lines.

But the whole thing reaks of profiteering when the numbers are examined.

Damn shame too... greed.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014: $3,425 In most states, insurers can charge a tobacco surcharge of up to 50% of your total premium before the tax credit. The tax credit cannot be applied to the tobacco surcharge. Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy: None (before accounting for a tobacco surcharge, if applicable) Amount you pay for the premium: $3,425 per year (which equals 6.59% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium) You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to: $0 (which covers 0% of the overall premium) Bronze Plan The premium amounts above are based on a Silver plan. You could purchase other levels of coverage, such as a Gold plan (which would be more comprehensive) or a Bronze plan (which would be less comprehensive). For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $2,410 per year (which is 4.64% of your household income). For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform. Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan. Out of Pocket Costs Your out-of-pocket maximum for a Silver plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $6,350. Whether you reach this maximum level will depend on the amount of health care services you use. Currently, about one in four people use no health care services in any given year.

So here is mine, if I needed it, which thank god I don't. I did it by myself, without my husband.
He is a smoker as well, so with that whole, up to 50% more of the premium tax, we would really be screwed. (Aren't smokers now going to be double taxed? Once when they buy the pack, then with the insurance?

So, If I did have health problems, I would be looking at $11,487.50 a year. (50% additional premium added for being a smoker.)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

chiefsmom

Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014: $3,425 In most states, insurers can charge a tobacco surcharge of up to 50% of your total premium before the tax credit. The tax credit cannot be applied to the tobacco surcharge. Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy: None (before accounting for a tobacco surcharge, if applicable) Amount you pay for the premium: $3,425 per year (which equals 6.59% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium) You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to: $0 (which covers 0% of the overall premium) Bronze Plan The premium amounts above are based on a Silver plan. You could purchase other levels of coverage, such as a Gold plan (which would be more comprehensive) or a Bronze plan (which would be less comprehensive). For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $2,410 per year (which is 4.64% of your household income). For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform. Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan. Out of Pocket Costs Your out-of-pocket maximum for a Silver plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $6,350. Whether you reach this maximum level will depend on the amount of health care services you use. Currently, about one in four people use no health care services in any given year.

So here is mine, if I needed it, which thank god I don't. I did it by myself, without my husband.
He is a smoker as well, so with that whole, up to 50% more of the premium tax, we would really be screwed. (Aren't smokers now going to be double taxed? Once when they buy the pack, then with the insurance?

So, If I did have health problems, I would be looking at $11,487.50 a year. (50% additional premium added for being a smoker.)

Do you smoke? The answer is always no.. Do a test find tobacco? You use an electronic cigarette or chew nicotine gum..

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well I used two different calculators for myself (age 28, non-smoker, single, no children, $36,000/yr). I apparently qualify for premium of $2327 on one site and $2756 on another oh and no subsidy for either plan. For the first price that works out to about $193.92/mo for the first site and $229.67 for the other. I didn't look at the deductibles. The NBCU site was kind enough to give me a bronze plan price at $2284. I'm not sure where I'd come up with an extra $200 a month. Affordable my ass! I'm glad my company provides health insurance. This bill is a complete disaster and anyone who thinks otherwise is a liberal shill.

eta: Wanted to mention that besides putting in the calculator that I didn't have health insurance, nothing else I put into it was a lie. Why the heck do the younger people have to shoulder the cost of this thing when they traditionally make the least amount of money?
edit on 7-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

HomeBrew
What plan is she getting? Bronze? Silver? Other??? Also, sounds like she would be the optimal candidate for the tax credit, one that could be near $5000 +/-, a credit that can be paid/applied upfront. I am by no means a Obamacare supporter, but for someone with no health care (I assume she has none?) It does not sound like a bad deal...

She told me $100 a month.

Now that might not seem like a bad deal, but when you work just above minimum wage an extra $100 a month is just unreal. Tax credit or not. You still have to pay it and then hope like hell you get the tax credit.

It's just the principal in the gov't mandating
everyone buy a product.

If you do not see a problem with forced anything then the governnrnt propaganda has been working all these year .

Im not trying to be mean or a smart az to you.

I am just stating that this is a real problem here.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not sure if it was stated wrabbit if it was my apology~

avg US Income~$50,000

That's before taxes~ So the Average American who makes 50k is taking home after taxes somewhere between 39-40k? I would pressume to be a closely accurate #???

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I think you're right. See... I wouldn't know for sure... It seems the US Census Bureau is shut down for the duration, as well. When I went to pull something as simple as median US income, I got the 'We are closed' message. Amazing isn't it?

Anyway.. I'm sure you're right. The next best thing I found was a source which sourced the Census data. It had said a bit over 40k last I personally saw it. so somewhere in there is right.

Sure not enough to pay these premiums for those deductibles and call it anything like a service delivered for the money.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sulaw

I think you're right. See... I wouldn't know for sure... It seems the US Census Bureau is shut down for the duration, as well. When I went to pull something as simple as median US income, I got the 'We are closed' message. Amazing isn't it?

Anyway.. I'm sure you're right. The next best thing I found was a source which sourced the Census data. It had said a bit over 40k last I personally saw it. so somewhere in there is right.

Sure not enough to pay these premiums for those deductibles and call it anything like a service delivered for the money.

why are you amazed?....800,000 government workers out of a job, and somehow you are AMAZED that you get a "we are closed" message??...this is what every tea party congressional legislature wanted...shutdown...it's kinda funny how committed they are to this shutdown...and yet...have the balls to continue to get paid themselves...what a bunch of pansy-ass hypocrites

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join