It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable heathcare my rear (t&c compliant)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In Canada the MOST I.have heard you could pay is $100/month
and that is with an income of probably 40k or more.

No deductable.

Perscriptions are usually coverd with your employers benifits
as.well as your monthly premium.

Low income pay next to nothing for anything.

Im not bragging, I thinl it is terrible how insecure so many Americans
must feel mot knowing no matter what if you get hurt you will get
fixed to the best of Health Canadas ability.... or its all.over the news.

You should see how people here get over ER wait times here. People
here believe they are naturally entitled to their personal doctor
and room.

is the $10,000 able to be financed? Nobody is holding their hand
over the counter before.service are they? Do you need a crediy
rating.for that? I heard there are a couple of VERY accurate credit
rating agencies down there...
edit on 6-10-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You can see how many excited people who only make minimum wage logged on to the system expecting to get "free" healthcare - and then realized that they'd be "paying" more than rent - and still having a $5000.00 deductible - NO ONE CAN AFFORD THAT!

I know my son was excited - I have insurance, for as long as it lasts, because I'm a state employee of WI - I'm 50 years old and see the dr. maybe once every other year. Not that I couldn't be involved in a car accident tomorrow and spend 2 weeks in the ICU -

If you don't have a home or land to lose - they can't get blood out of a turnip, therefore, I see this as an incentive not to OWN anything that you can't lose, due to liens being placed on it for payment of emergency/or fines for not buying into their program.

If anyone doesn't understand this as communism 101 - you're an idiot.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I am in Montana and it worked just fine for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This shouldn't make you join or give any personal info like email or what not:

kff.org...

Let me know if it works.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
...... or this could be a point of unification between newly awake republicans and democrats (between themselves)... and then aligning with those of us who worship neither a donkey or elephant.
I dont care what party you decide to tow the line for.. this ACA/Obamacare is a trainwreck and you best open your eyes. You repubs definitely dont want Romeycare.. you dont want any shade of this trainwreck or any repubican tooling another trainwreck. NO one involved in this has clean hands or should be trusted. The system has a chance if it is starved a little. Pharma and med mafia need a diet.. a weaning off of our blood and sweat. There is real power and strength in numbers.. scares the bejeezus out of em I believe or they wouldnt do their damnedest to polarize us all.

We're standing there.. at the portal.. you disgruntled dems and repubs.. like that short psychic Tangina on Poltergeist : Cross over, children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the light...there is peace and serenity in the light.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Just think, this is a debt you cannot hide from, generally bankrupt, or even DIE to escape. This is enforced by the power of the IRS. They'll attach your damn Estate after death to get the money for this bill or what you'll owe for not "joining" the exchanges.

Before you know it, we'll be "invited" to reeducation "camps" to some "guidance" for talking like this, too.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Edit: Ah nevermind. I just answered my own question. lol
edit on 10/6/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What real healthcare would contain is a surgical/catastrophic policy - which could cost $50 to $100 a month - and you can see your dr. - or, more logical, a pharmacist, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant - to have a strep test for antibiotics, or urine test for a bladder infection - for a cut rate when you are sick - but not an emergency.

When you have kids - you can go to the ER for broken bones and such under your catastrophic policy.

It would decrease health care costs.

If you have a chronic disease - a PA/pharmacist can moniter you - and can refer you to a dr. if need be (diabetes, MS, and other chronic diseases).

This isn't rocket science - and it doesn't have to be so expensive.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

the second site worked for me thanks! i must have hit a wrong button,now im just not sure if im understanding it.im pretty sure im gonna get dinged for being a tobacco user but it says my premium will be 2544 as its just me not a whole family and i think thats the silver plan so not as bad as 10k and i didnt see much on deductibles on the second site so still not sure what this means but as i havent ever had a major medical procedure or even been to the dr in over 5 years not really sure how this stuff works in general either

For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $2,099 per year (which is 29.15% of your household income). For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform. Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan.
but then in the notes it tells me i can be liable for up to 6 grand or something i dunno i dont think im smart enough in this area to even try to figure it out

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Silly progressives common sense is for the conservative minded..........What did you think was going to happen? A leprechaun riding a unicorn was going to come and make everything all right.

I have insurance and so do most middle class people and yes my rates will rise but we will be all right. Guess who this is going to screw.........wait for it.........wait for it.........THE POOR.

I have been saying this for a little while if you make under 12 dollars an hour you are screwed. Inflation and taxes are going to take away your ability to support yourself. Better start getting on the phone before you lose it and start asking around for a place to stay.

Why would they want this to happen? If I can see this coming so can TPTB and they know they can not bail out everyone...........This will be epic.
edit on 6-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

What that means is that you have a $6000.00 deductible - which means that you have to spend the money every month for your plan, but the plan doesn't cover any medical expenses until you have spen $6000.00 of your own money on your health care (docter's visits, medicine, surgical procedure) in that year.

Sounds afforable - what a great deal, huh?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm sitting here arguing with my "better" half. She is all for it. She got sold on a polished turd packaged as a rose.
reply to post by liejunkie01

Best not to argue...she's going to feel bad enough when the numbers come in.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

calstorm

I am in Montana and it worked just fine for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Opps! sorry...
Could you give the details on how well that worked for you?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

ahh thank you! that makes a bit more sense now .

thats almost as much as i make in a year renting out rooms in my house (primary income) so i guess i was smart to stock pile food during the good times to get me through this part,least it seems like the fine will be less for me then the deductible looks like im gonna be more of a hermit then i am all ready..... so much for sliding under the poverty line

edit on 7-10-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When the national average is figured for income, are the top 1% who own the majority of wealth, figured in? I don't really understand how they get their data....I don't know very many people in my area that come near the 'national average'....

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Silly progressives common sense is for the conservative minded..........What did you think was going to happen? A leprechaun riding a unicorn was going to come and make everything all right.

Well, I think it's fair to say that image of the man and his policies is in there too.. Yup. Unicorn included.

A man seen many many ways by many many people. That's good for the many stories he tells.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I think this a final effort to take Americans for every last cent they have , before they collapse the country.
First the price of gold inflated, all those commercials of we buy gold.
The taxes, price of gas, inflation. They are determined to take it all.

Sry, meant to just hit reply, and hit the wrong one. Was not directed at any post.

edit on 7-10-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

She said she's going to pay the penalty.

Awesome, now her deductible is infinity...great choice.

Does she know that there is more than one option she could choose from? And there are different level plans if she wanted a lower deductible?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

liejunkie01
How many people are going to die from simple operations because they fear their deductable?

Appendix surgery for example.

I would hope that no one will die from the need for a simple operation. I am surprised that so many people don't seem to understand that if you have a medical issue you can walk into pretty much any hospital and get the care that you need regardless of whether or not you have medical insurance. When I was 21 I was without medical insurance and had to have an emergency appendectomy to the tune of $21,000 when it was all said and done. No questions asked on how I was going to pay for it, I was in the ER and 3 hours later I was under the knife and then out the next day.
We have four kids all 6 and younger, we have individual policies on them with a $10,000 deductible and only use the insurance for their healthy child exams at the scheduled intervals, no co-pay and nothing out of pocket. High deductible plans are great for that kind of care and we are paying $38/mo for each child. Just the other day I got notified from their insurer that as of 12/31 their plan is no longer available and the same deductible and similar plan will cost us $114/mo for each of them. SO not only is Obama lying to us about being able to keep the insurance we have he is lying about the affordability. I feel for your mom, if the ACA was working the way that most people thought it would then she should have access to decent medical insurance with a much lower deductible and affordable premiums. THANKS OBAMACARE

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join