It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Himself On Fire Near To White House.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Everyone has a breaking point, think back to the many suicides after wall street crashed.
It is only money but without it life can be terribly hard.
He may be one of the unlucky ones who has lost his house to the bankers and as a result his family as well.
He may have reached the end of his tether, the truly sad thing is there are thousands of people who scream out for help and yet people only notice when it is too late.
We are from young children indoctrinated into a very harsh system where money rules and those without it or the ability to earn can be swept aside.
Make no mistake money is the root of all evil, it is time for the privilaged and wealthy to start supporting those less fortunate.
The fact is it wont happen as they are happy with their lifestyle and believe they have earnt it, plus it is part of the plan to get rid of many of the useless eaters now they have the mechanised means and technoligies to manufacture their booty without human labour.
Their plan is well under way. And most of us are not required.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You might find this interesting. Another event quietly going down and Guilanis law firm tied to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To him I say well done.
Thousands of people commit suicide every day in this country and many are veterans.
I have little sympathy for those who off themselves but at least with the vets I can understand somewhat the reasoning behind it.
This man had no motive or message, all he did was create a meaningless spectacle that was a good deal of trouble for others to clean up.
I'm not always this cynical but right I'm hopping mad at Steny Hoyer and Eric Cantor for giving the Capital Police a standing ovation for shooting an unarmed woman in her car. Between that, ACA and the shutdown I think every American ought to be PO'd at these hypocrites and thieves infesting Washington.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Do you know if the mall is near Ellipse Park?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Willtell

Do you know if the mall is near Ellipse Park?

Google map...it is within walking distance of the mall....

But remember, the mall is a BIG area...so it depends where he did this on the mall....

maps.google.com...,0,11154214316369204326&ei =HyZTUvL9No688wTgmIHwDA&ved=0CLoBEPwSMAo

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

7th and Jefferson according to the WP. His back was apparently facing 7th Street and he was facing the Capital. You can see it at the end of a long stretch of grass if you "go" down 7th a bit and turn your view to the right.
www.washingtonpost.com...

goo.gl...
edit on 7/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: changed google map link to better link

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks, I went to Google maps and saw what I needed to know.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I read somewhere that he faced the Whitehouse after dousing himself in gasoline, lit himself on fire and quickly, snapped his hand at attention. Interesting that they leave that last part out of reports. RIP

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

LoriRNC

I read somewhere that he faced the Whitehouse after dousing himself in gasoline, lit himself on fire and quickly, snapped his hand at attention. Interesting that they leave that last part out of reports. RIP

As much as I'd like to have seen something so horrible-monumental-thought-provoking as what this man did be assisted by the notion of him turning towards the whitehouse and snapping to attention, I'm afraid we're hearing very second, third, fourth, fiftieth hand information.

I first heard he looked towards Congress. You're saying the Whitehouse. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply saying that unfortunately we don't know the truth.

He might have made some important quote from one of our founding fathers, meant to address the situation we face today. But we don't know.

It could be intentionally omitted, it might never have happened. We simply don't know. All we have is the MSM and those who saw it first hand. Nothing better.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

LoriRNC

Early on it was misreported as being by the White House but multiple reports of the 7th between Jefferson and Madison, which means he faced the US Capitol building--not the White House. He would've been at quite a distance from the Capitol building--probably to avoid possible restricted zones or a quick response.

This one: www.aoc.gov...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In the last month or so there have been 3 incidents of unique madness in Washington DC . . . all black people.

9/16 Aaron Alexis Spree killing: Washington

10/3 Miriam Carey incident: Washington

10/4 Man incinerates himself: Washington

We need to know more about this incident

I don’t know what that means but…

Somebody once said

“Only the paranoid notice things anymore”

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

As I was poking around various news sites verifying the address, I came across this video. According to this local news channel in Washington DC (WJLA), he was shouting about voting rights before he set himself ablaze.

www.wjla.com...

Really very interesting. Hadn't seen that pop up on the more "national" releases.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I apologize, I remembered it wrong. What I heard was supposed to a tweet from the man that recorded the incident. He did tweet that the man saluted the congress, not the WhiteHouse. Tweet also said he stopped recording at one point after the man was on fire, and joined in helping to put it out. Alas, a tweet does not make evidence and my memory is even worse.
edit on 7-10-2013 by LoriRNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

LoriRNC

I apologize, I remembered it wrong. What I heard was supposed to a tweet from the man that recorded it. Tweet also said he stpped at one point after he man was on fire, and joined in helping to put it out. Alas, a tweetdoes not make evidence and my memory is even worse.

No Lori
Nothing to apologize over
Nothing at all!!!

I was just pointing out that this is something the MSM has not reported. Not that I believe 100% of the pablum they put out, but rather that anything less and it is "unacceptable" by many here.

Heck, even asking a friend who is a native speaker of the language a youtube video is filmed in for their translation of the video is enough for *some* folks around ATS...so you really never know.

Honestly, I believe there is just as high a probability that this could be intentionally being withheld by the Gov't and MSM as I would believe the possibility the story itself is false....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey, you two...please look at the link. You will see location there in the news footage. It was the US Capitol building...If you look at the sidebar on the link, you'll see another photo of the fire trucks with the building in question behind them.
www.wjla.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It was not the White House.

The spot where he was with the building in the background.
media.npr.org...

The White House.
www.whitehouse.gov...

U.S. Capitol Building
upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 7-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I found this about the burning man. He has been identified. I was not aware of that.
www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 20-10-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
After reading the Daily News article linked to in my previous post, somebody made a comment in that paper that there may be a connection to Thomas James Ball. He burned himself to death in front of Keene, NH courthouse. Read about him here.powernpraise.com...

At the bottom of that Wikipedia page is a link to an open letter another man sent to the president about Thomas James Ball. I wonder if that letter was read or acknowledged? www.avoiceformen.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

What about the guy who tried to light himself on fire in front of Exxons office Oct 5th. The man across the street with his trunk open said he was changing his tire. But strange thing is he just got out of prison recently for terrorism charges. So were those two connected? Did the gas can come out of his trunk? Is it terrorism? Terrorism usually starts with setting themselves on fire in protest. That is usually the ones in the groups that want to protest in peaceful ways without violence. Then the peaceful protesters are gone and the violence begins.

newsone.com...

Larry Mukes the man with his trunk open.

www.gpo.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You know whats sick about this, Americans lack empathy towards their fellow man on all levels.

Most won't even bat an eye at this guy because hes obviously schizophrenic.

The conditioning is working, we are becoming more individual and sociopathic everyday. We are no longer empathic therefore we no longer have a community.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join