It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics: How Do You So Easily Dismiss Testimonies From Astronauts About UFO's?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Similar topics have been brought up here on ATS, (yes I did a search) but they seemed to fall by the wayside.
So the question stands. How is it so easy to dismiss the existence of UFO's when there are credible witnesses' with testimonies? Astronauts at that.

As you know there are testimonies from Gordon Cooper.

Buzz Aldrin

Edgar Mitchell

Deke Slayton

The list goes on.

Granted, I am bias about the UFO phenomenon because I've have actually seen one that is worth telling, but how can it be so easy for many to dismiss the subject when there are these kinds of witnesses out there saying, "These things are real, I've seen them." ?

I really want to hear your point of view on this.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

I agree, dismissing these accounts does not represent the attitude of a true skeptic. To be a skeptic does not require disbelief, it just requires a demand for evidence and an undecided attitude (as best as can be achieved by mere humans).

I only saw a metallic sphere but, at very close range and it got my attention.

I don't think blanket denials are appropriate but, there is a preponderance of rubbish out there (in here) that wears down even the most devoted inquisitor.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
They may have seen a UFO, but i highly doubt it was driven by aliens or ghosts.

UFO - Unidentified Flying Object...doesnt mean aliens, means ice, rocks and all that kind of boring stuff.

These guys are very clever people, they know how to make money like anyone else, they are just spinning a web of lies/deceit to keep their banks full...to them its probably harmless fun, a gimmick, an easy buck.

If i had been to space i too would have called ice a UFO...wrote a book, and lived off the lie.

These men are liars, much like the "generals" that talk about aliens visiting us, same agenda though.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

AmberLeaf
They may have seen a UFO, but i highly doubt it was driven by aliens or ghosts.

UFO - Unidentified Flying Object...doesnt mean aliens, means ice, rocks and all that kind of boring stuff.

These guys are very clever people, they know how to make money like anyone else, they are just spinning a web of lies/deceit to keep their banks full...to them its probably harmless fun, a gimmick, an easy buck.

If i had been to space i too would have called ice a UFO...wrote a book, and lived off the lie.

These men are liars, much like the "generals" that talk about aliens visiting us, same agenda though.

There are A LOT of assumptions in there. And who said anything about aliens?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How is it so easy to dismiss the existence of UFO's when there are credible witnesses' with testimonies? Astronauts at that.

Well that’s easy to answer….it’s because the vast majority of people have never seen aliens/UFO's firsthand. Until that happens people will remain skeptical.

I think the testimony of astronauts such as Aldrin, Cooper et al is the most compelling evidence we have, yet that is not definitive proof.

As the saying goes - we’ve got to see it to believe it.

edit on 3-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

So all the UFO in space, on youtube, talking about intelligent control, has nothing to do with aliens you are saying???
When someone see's a UFO, writes a blog, maybe even takes a video...they don't think its aliens??

Of course "UFO" means "aliens" to the majority of UFO believers. The thing is, you guys all interpret what these people say wrong, hence they can keep playing it. They say UFO, you assume Alien, thats my point.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Are you talking about UFO's or aliens here? because people should be clear on the difference between UFO's and aliens.

a UFO is an unidentified flying object. ANY object in the sky that can not be identified is a UFO.

Nobody denies the existance of UFO's. how could they? i absolutely believe pilots and astronauts have seen other objects that they can not explain. At this point they are UFO's and im sure skeptics are not denying this aspect of any story. plenty of objects in the sky are left unidentified.

Skeptics deny that they are piloted or created by extra terrestrials.

because that is yet to be proven.

edit on 3-10-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

These are studied, highly specialized, highly trained individuals. Just between the four guys pictured you would have close to/more then two hundred years of experience behind them combined. You can't just throw out what they say as crazy talk, lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Excuse me?? Did you just make up some nonsense about these people being paid for these "interviews"?

You speak like a true sceptic and disbeliever, and you make up BS like one as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

So all the UFO in space, on youtube, talking about intelligent control, has nothing to do with aliens you are saying???
When someone see's a UFO, writes a blog, maybe even takes a video...they don't think its aliens??

Of course "UFO" means "aliens" to the majority of UFO believers. The thing is, you guys all interpret what these people say wrong, hence they can keep playing it. They say UFO, you assume Alien, thats my point.

some people deny the technology even exists, when it clearly does.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Throughout the ages we have evidence of the ufo, beginning with Ezekiel's wheels in the bible. Countless testimonies of sightings, abductions, and video footage. Or related evidence like cattle mutilations and crop circles etc. Some people however, simply have to see it with their own eyes. Some people still wouldn't believe even if they did see it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

RedShirt73

These are studied, highly specialized, highly trained individuals. Just between the four guys pictured you would have close to/more then two hundred years of experience behind them combined. You can't just throw out what they say as crazy talk, lol.

Why not?? Plenty of crazy people in the world, its not only limited to poor uneducated people.
Loads of people go mad later in life, i dont think thats the case here, its just a big scam....they dumbed you down, scared you with religion, aliens, zombies and such so you waste your time researching pointless rubbish instead of looking at the real issues.

These arent crazy men, its crazy talk...but its a show.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

br0ker

Excuse me?? Did you just make up some nonsense about these people being paid for these "interviews"?

You speak like a true sceptic and disbeliever, and you make up BS like one as well.

WOW....lost your glasses?

No, read again...i said they are liars and have benefited financially from lying...books, interviews...none of these are free.

You think they do interviews, and write books for free??

You sir are just one of many deluded people on this site.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

RedShirt73

Why not?? Plenty of crazy people in the world, its not only limited to poor uneducated people.
Loads of people go mad later in life, i dont think thats the case here, its just a big scam....they dumbed you down, scared you with religion, aliens, zombies and such so you waste your time researching pointless rubbish instead of looking at the real issues.

These arent crazy men, its crazy talk...but its a show.

You know what, you're right. You have completely changed my mind on this subject
What a joke.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

AmberLeaf They say UFO, you assume Alien, thats my point.

Wrong...may or may not be alien owned. Its possible that they could all be owned and operated by the government.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Tucket
Throughout the ages we have evidence of the ufo, beginning with Ezekiel's wheels in the bible. Countless testimonies of sightings, abductions, and video footage. Or related evidence like cattle mutilations and crop circles etc. Some people however, simply have to see it with their own eyes. Some people still wouldn't believe even if they did see it.

Need a thiumbs down icon for posts like this!!!!

Ezekiels wheels is a misinterpretation of the words by UFO believers. Making it fit their agenda as per usual. Lets not forget the Bible is a work of fiction so anything in it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Evidence of UFO throughout the ages cannot be taken as truth. These people were stupid, if they were not stupid why were they in the dark ages for so long? They were dumb, they couldnt identify a high flying goose without something to enhance it...binoculars for example...so they wouldnt know what it was...same with meteors, certain clouds like punch clouds, there are all sorts of things in the sky that we look at and know what it is, back then, they wouldnt have the first clue. People exagerate, people want to sound important to exagerate the truth, add bits, make it more exciting. Back in these dark ages there was no internet to tell people what they were looking at, there wasnt even education for the most part. How can someone who cannot read or write possibly identify anything they may never have seen before...its ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You sound like you are being skeptic just for the sake of being skeptic. I've personally grown more skeptic over the months I've been on this site for many of the different conspiracies talked about on this site, but that is only because of lack of evidence. However, I don't make up assumptions about people so I can dismiss compelling evidence that they may bring forth to support a conspiracy. You have no proof of your claims. Testimony from astronauts such as these is probably some of the best evidence for the existence of extra-terrestrial ufos, however your assumptions could be right as well so I don't fully subscribe to either belief on this matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
S+F

I hadn't seen the Deke Slayton testimony before.

Gordon Cooper was also scrambled to chase UFO's several times while stationed in Germany after the war.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The skeptics will taken a bit aback by your thread, but they will charge forward with a variety of excuses that touch not at all on the exact situation of each but with general Saganisqe types of explanations as we have been fed for decades that always wind up deny the reality of UFOs, whether it is photographs, landing traces, radar tracks, pilot sightings or abductee reports. They have to do that because that is the establishment's position and the most vocal ones always come from some aspect of TPTB.

You have to wonder why the detractors, like somebody like Oberg won't step to the plate and say, "You know, this alien UFO thing has been going on too long now. Let's get a very official and very public scientific investigation of this phenomena started and clear up the matter once and for all. After all, how many millions of dollars are being spent to look for life "out there? Isn't that a strange way for Science and its controller, government to behave?"

'Course, we know the answer to that, and local investigations of UFOs won't happen for us to see. He'll likely claim that Project Blue Book already did that decades ago.

Disclosure won't happen until the polls show that enough (60-70%?) Americans/world citizens can accept the concept of ETs. Not until then.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I have a spare hour, i thought id come on here and add a dose of reality to some threads. It seems many people have just gone mad on here over the last year, that, or the majority of users are now teenagers or people with little or no real life experience. Sad times

Seeing the same old rubbish posted time and time again, now there are many more believers than skeptics on the boards, many of us give up...its made the whole ATS experience rubbish. Ignorant teaching the Ignorant....new ATS motto right there!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join