It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Afghanistan..but that dates a bit to hang on Putin.

I wasn't hanging it on Putin. I was hanging it on Russia. The question was .. when had RUSSIA ever invaded ... so I think Afghanistan, and all the Soviet Block issues, count against Russia being a peaceful little country over the decades. Ya' know???

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Bob Sholtz
i do appreciate that putin helped prevent a missile strike on syria (for now), but his motives weren't philanthropic, that's for sure.

There ya' go.

He stopped Obama from sliding the world into WWIII. So Putin gets a handshake for that. But the reason he stopped Obama was because Syria is the largest purchaser of Russian military hardware and there are Russians on the ground in Syria. If the USA had bombed Syria, and the 'Rebels' (terrorists) had won, then Russia would lose a ton of money in defense contracts with Syria. It's all $$$$.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH" - George Orwell

What a strange backward world we live in.

I am sure the Georgians and others would dispute his peaceful intentions.

And that new anti homosexual law is just full of peace and love.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh of course... To look back, you're absolutely right. Russia/Soviet Union has about as peaceful a record as we do. In fact, nose for nose, agent for agent, they always did more with bigger efforts and for higher stakes than the US really wanted to get dirty with.

Of course, a lot of people wonder why old codgers like me even talk about the Soviet Union, I'll bet... lol... They seem to brush aside what made Putin the man he is today and how he formed his entire world view and outlook on life.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Putin deserves it just as much as Obama did!

In my opinion, the NPP is a joke. It's not based on achievements anymore, but rather popularity. Why else would Obama have received it?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Nobel peace prize became a joke years ago!

Pretty sure it's just been used to give certain people a platform and give credibility.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Putin deserves credit for preventing a major war, but he's just as much of a bloodthirsty bully as US leaders have been. Georgia and Chechnya vs Iraq and Afghanistan. He does not deserve a Nobel Peace Prize anymore than Obama did.

Just because Putin is a strong leader doesn't mean he's right for everything. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he were president of the US for a term or two (if that were constitutionally possible) I would likely even vote for him simply because he is such a good leader. Ultimately though he's a power hungry dictator that doesn't know how to step aside, and he would never leave it at two terms.

I guess what it comes down to is Putin is a benevolent dictator, but still a dictator and still a warmonger. He does not deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Seems the Nobel folks are in on the game....if they give one to the Obama assassination/civilian-killing drones/war/moslem brotherhood/benghazi machine then why not Putin?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
AhahahahAhhaHAHHAhahAhhahahahhaha.....
Ohhhh whew... my sides hurt from laughing so hard.....
That is just too funny.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
its a nomination process, ANYONE can be nominated, doesnt mean they are actually given the award....
also the award is for past things, the future cant be predicted... so yea there ya go...
edit on 3-10-2013 by tigpoppa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hmmmm....

I wonder what the people of Chechnya or the numerous families of people the Kremlin have assassinated will have to say about this nomination.

Probably close to the same thing that the families of over a million victims of the war on terror are saying about Obama getting awarded the prize.

That was snarky, I admit. To be honest I doubt most people who are affected by the crimes of peace prize winners really care or even know about some western propaganda festival.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Obama got one already no?
lol

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They already gave one to Obama for doing absolute jack sh**, so it's not like it could possibly be cheapened much further. If it is awarded to Putin, it just solidifies that it's as much a meaningless "honor" as giving both kiddie sports teams "Participation" trophies after a game is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join