It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is darkly ironic. Putin; who is a murdering KBG agent; who worships Stalin; who sells massive amounts of arms to the Syrian government which in turn kills tens of thousands of people; who enforces deadly laws against homosexuals in Russia, is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for bringing the world back from the brink of World War III in Syria .. a World War that was being brought about by the ineptitude of another Nobel Peace Prize recipient - Barack Obama.

Putin does indeed deserve credit for bringing the world back from the brink of World War III in Syria. And he does deserve credit for cleaning up Obama's mess over there. But a Nobel Peace Prize??? Well ... I suppose he deserves it more than Obama. Side note - since having his war via Syria wishes destroyed, Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Obama has moved on to trying to stir up a war with Iran.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Putin won the Nobel Peace Prize? The next war could be Nobel Peace Prize winner vs Nobel Peace Prize winner. (USA vs Iran (Iran is a Russian Proxy). Like I said .. Darkly Ironic.

Washington Times - Russias Vladimire Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

President Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by an advocacy group that credits him with bringing about a peaceful resolution to the Syrian-U.S. dispute over chemical weapons.

The Russian advocacy group International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World nominated Mr. Putin, characterizing his forged agreement with Syrian President Bashar Assad — to turn over admitted chemical weapons cache to international authorities — a world-class and prize-worthy piece of diplomacy, United Press International reported.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nobel Peace Prize Organization

According to the website, the nominations have to be in by February 1st. Winners are announced in October. The award is given in December. So I don't know if the Putin nomination is for the award that will happen this month, or if it's for the award that will happen in 2014.

The way the news is talking .. it's for the announcements for this month.

So I don't know for sure what is going on with this. But I"m posting it for ya'll to talk about.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have heard about this and I am not quite sure how I feel about it. Judging from the choice the committee made concerning Obama it could possibly be assumed that they do not always make the wisest decisions. I agree with you and feel that Putin does deserve credit for what he has done but I am almost willing to bet that there will be a huge outcry that he is even in the running. Whether that will affect the final decision or not.... who knows.

Putin has come out smelling like a rose because what we have is a shame compared. It's almost like picking the lesser of 2 evils where he and Obama are concerned.

I half expect/ed an announcement that Kim Jong Un would also be in the running. I wouldn't have been shocked.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
When the winners will be announced

Physiology or Medicine - Monday 7 October, 11:30 a.m. CET at the earliest
Physics - Tuesday 8 October, 11:45 a.m. CET at the earliest
Chemistry - Wednesday 9 October, 11:45 a.m. CET at the earliest
Peace - Friday 11 October, 11:00 a.m. CET
Economic Sciences - Monday 14 October, 1:00 p.m. CET at the earliest
Literature - The date will be set later

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Who do I have to pay to get a Nobel Prize? Can I pick any subject or is it only the peace prize that's up for sale?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Dont think he'll get it.

While his resume is impressive, Russia hasnt attacked, invaded and occupied other nations.

Before you can qualify for the peace price, you have to first terrorize other sovereign nations.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh boy....

You know I was in discussion with a neighbor about Russia/Putin last night. I was asking his opinion if he thought Putin outwitted Obama in such a way, that to a certain degree, extent, Putin has walked away totally empowered or if "all the worlds a stage" and it was a subtle transfer of power (1 of many steps), from a weakening government to another in preparation for their "NWO". It would make sense to first destroy the symbol of the dying (USA) to usher in a ______?

*gulp*

edit on 3-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

gladtobehere
Before you can qualify for the peace price, you have to first terrorize other sovereign nations.

How about terrorize your own people? The dude was KGB and he murdered people. He supports some rather medieval anti-homosexual laws that are rather destructive. He makes sure massive amounts of arms and munitions are shipped to Syria, which in turn mass kills tens of thousands of people. And at the same time, he pulls the world back from the brink of WWIII and saves us all from Obama's ineptitude. So we are all glad the dude is in power.

I'd say .. he's got a good chance.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would like to see him get the Peace Prize.
I would also like them to add an amendment to their criteria for the giving of the prize.
That amendment would allow for the cancellation or withdrawing of a formerly given Peace Prize.
That was a big chunk of gold that they gave Obama for nothing a few years ago. He didn't earn it at the time nor since.

They should ask for it back and give it to Putin.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

who sells massive amounts of arms to the Syrian government

As opposed to Obama who sells arms to Syrian rebels (including Al-qaeda)...

Which deserves the Nobel more?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thats my point. Anyone who frequents ATS knows full well my opinion against aggression on Syria. That said, Putin isn't a fun loving teddy bear. In fact you needn't look further then the Super Bowl Putin to understand the kind of person he is.

He's not just mafia, he's like old Sicily mob boss.

He would probably eat your heart!

*Note: I have no proof of that last claim mind you. Added for wow factor.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
'ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THAT THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US'.

your life is in your hands. no-one else's.

take back your power and never relinquish it again.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
As opposed to Obama who sells arms to Syrian rebels (including Al-qaeda)...
Which deserves the Nobel more?

Like I said ... Putin pulled the world back from the WWIII it was headed to because of Obama's ineptitude. So Putin deserves a major handshake for that. I'm VERY glad he was there to put a stop to the madness. But Putin isn't exactly a nice guy. Ya' know??

The Nobel Peace Prize has become a sick joke. Arafat. Obama. YIKES!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hmmmm....

I wonder what the people of Chechnya or the numerous families of people the Kremlin have assassinated will have to say about this nomination.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

gladtobehere

While his resume is impressive, Russia hasnt attacked, invaded and occupied other nations.

Don't say that too loud around a Chechen. (Or Georgia for that matter) They might get downright rude about explaining their ordeal with the Russians over the past years. Oh..there has been one hell of a war with Russia running it full speed when it's been going. It's just not something Russia invites the media to with embed slots and everything but a red carpet to come report with. In fact...I think reporters in Chechnya had as much chance of being shot by either side as being welcomed. It seems real nasty little wars like that all but stay silent ....if the people running them aren't the least bit concerned about being nice on any level.

You'd think it'd be the opposite ..but the Media seems far more about kissing ass to leaders who will give access and brownie points for stories in return. The watchdogs got a fat steak from the bad guys and just gave up working for a living.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm pretty sure that Russia went into Afghanistan as well as Chechnya.
Oh .. and they ruled the Soviet Union with an iron fist.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh yeah, Afghanistan..but that dates a bit to hang on Putin. Rumor has it, he was in Afghanistan for the KGB at some points...but alas, despite some half-serious time looking into that, rumor is all I can find.

Why Putin Boils Over: Chechnya Is His Personal War

Chechnya Pt 2 was recent and Putin was running the war effort directly. In fact I recall the biggest reason Russia was quiet as a church mouse about Afghanistan and Iraq both was that America had recently been ragging them hard, more or less in private, about Chechnya with 2001 came. They shut up if we dropped it.....and we did, it seems. He got to finish his brutal little war.

Putin Wants Me Dead or Caged, Georgia President Saakashvili Says

Putin is anything but a nice guy....and the people who sing his praises generally just leave me laughing in a sad...pitiful kind of way. It takes willful and practiced ignorance to praise a man there is so much available, so easily learned about for, doesn't it?
edit on 3-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Is it just me or are these things about as worthless as a daytime emmy?
Obama for nothing.....Putin.....for doing his job even though at one point he was employed to kill people.....

Who is next in line to get one....Stalin's memorial statue....a frog.....me?

This is nuts....I don't think anyone thinks they are what they used to be...who cares.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The most efficient route to peace be it in your home, town, state, country or the world is to kill as many people as possible.

Fostering global instability and arming all sides of active conflicts while disarming areas without active conflicts ensures the wave of killing will just keep going and going.

And every death brings us closer to "peace."

As they see it anyway.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

at least they're consistent. barry got one after all.

i do appreciate that putin helped prevent a missile strike on syria (for now), but his motives weren't philanthropic, that's for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join