It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are kinda stupid, so they need governed......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi! Glad that title caught your attention!

What is sad is that a person on ATS said this in another thread. I won't say what thread and won't say who said it, because it is against T&C to do so.

What I will say, is that is this not how those whom govern gain their power? Look at our education system we have today. Could this comment made explain why our children are not being taught how to think for themselves but to all think alike????? Does this not show how brain washed we have become that we think that "other people are not as smart as I am, so therefore it is okay for those in charge to treat them like they are slaves?" WTF kind of insane thinking is this?

My answer would be to educate these people, not enslave them!

Honestly, I thought I would never post in the rant forum, but due to the nature of what I am bitching about, it was the most appropriate forum to post to.

But I will leave you guys with this question, "Do you think that governing a person because they are not intelligent a form of slavery? OR Do you think that the problem with people not being intelligent enough in the first place, is because of the government getting involved in our education system?"

In a way I am kind of glad this person made that statement. It actually showed me how the government has the power to assure they keep it!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

seeker1963

OR Do you think that the problem with people not being intelligent enough in the first place, is because of the government getting involved in our education system?"

Thats about 90% of it. The other 10% I'd blame on the msm.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
new member posting, long time researcher,

this is how government gains there power. and getting stronger with the ignorance of the public not seeing or believing then researching for them selves.
for example, why we the people never got the chance to choose who gets put in office.
because the officials deemed us to stupid to choose who is right.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BOPcaj

Well I am glad you came out of the woodwork and joined in the discussion! We might not always agree, but the test of humanity will be how we can compromise to become better!

I am very happy that you as a new member found my post and decided to join in! Don't be shy! Getting beat up seems to be part of the game......

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
*People* as a rule *are* smart enough.

But the plan has been for many years to *educate* for political/economic gain.

These *ruling* class agendas have dug in deep. Very deep.

They mix mis-information with tangents and medication.

If people were *not* smart enough, the rulers would not be able to get the agenda through.

So, I agree we need to *educate*. But not like since the 1960's.

The big problem is....how to re-educate.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Your right my friend.

As you seen I put this in the rant section, and I was very angry when I thought of doing it. However, as of now, I am glad this person made this "uneducated" comment! It actually made me think further into it.

Yea, I am weird that way, usually it takes a person to make me angry, then I sit back and think "why did that make me angry?"

The agenda seems to me very clear. What is sad, is that we are proving TPTB right......Their power comes from our lack of critical thinking abilities and they are doing their best to make us act like "zombies".

Seems to be working?

As far as how do we change it? How can we? We all hate each other right? Your black, I'm white. You are a Christian, I am a Muslim. Your a Democrat, I am a Republican. You eat meat, I eat vegetables...........etc etc.....

The divisiveness is out of control and everyone belongs to one or more teams and those whom are different are the enemy. But yet, we rely on those whom "Govern" to change things? Perhaps I should not be angry with the person whom made that comment. What they said, makes perfect sense. Those of us whom defend them because of the D or R in front of their names, perhaps we are too stupid and we NEED them to control our lives?

I don't really believe that, but it certainly seems that I am outnumbered by those whom fight over which evil is more good??????

edit on 2-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm only confused about your reference to intelligence, I think perhaps you mean knowledge. To my way of understanding, the government can't mess with our intelligence but they can squeeze the information pipe tight enough to severely limit our ability to understand our surroundings. This however could be attributed to the MSM just as easily. And lack of a solid school education could simply be attributed to funding, war and corporate subsidy represent immediate dollar feedback. Funding good education has unpredictable payoff...Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by BOPcaj

Well I am glad you came out of the woodwork and joined in the discussion! We might not always agree, but the test of humanity will be how we can compromise to become better!

I am very happy that you as a new member found my post and decided to join in! Don't be shy! Getting beat up seems to be part of the game......

thank you for the welcoming.
been a long time in the woodwork. and tired of not getting open minded peoples thoughts. and being looked at like a nut case in some aspects..but im sure that will never stop because there will always be close minded people. in my honest opinion (opinions are like farts, everyone has them and most of them stinks) people were getting smarter, but then technology sky rocketed. and now most use it as only forms of entertainment. Not researching to educate themselves on what is really going on.
generations are getting dumb down. like the idiocracy movie. But not as bad"yet".....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BOPcaj

thank you for the welcoming.
been a long time in the woodwork. and tired of not getting open minded peoples thoughts. and being looked at like a nut case in some aspects..but im sure that will never stop because there will always be close minded people.

"" and being looked at like a nut case in some aspects.. ""

Happens to me all the time !!

Welcome to the club !!!

Always remember....when they call you nuts,

that means you got 'em squirming !!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I'm only confused about your reference to intelligence, I think perhaps you mean knowledge. To my way of understanding, the government can't mess with our intelligence but they can squeeze the information pipe tight enough to severely limit our ability to understand our surroundings. This however could be attributed to the MSM just as easily. And lack of a solid school education could simply be attributed to funding, war and corporate subsidy represent immediate dollar feedback. Funding good education has unpredictable payoff...Just my thoughts

Wow. Thanks for your response. Not sure about the difference between intelligence versus knowledge though.
In the manner you stated, I agree. Perhaps I used the wrong word.

Intelligence in my opinion, is in the eye of whom is listening to you. If they agree with you, and you feed their beliefs and ego, you are intelligent?

Knowledge however, IMO, is someone whom is able to see all sides of the equation or argument and using their life experiences and be able to come to an agreement to benefit everyone, or at least explain in a rational way that the decision is for the benefit of all, even though there will always be those whom are not happy with it?

Anyhow, thanks for making me think a little harder!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Always remember....when they call you nuts,

that means you got 'em squirming !!

ROFLMAO!

I agree. I cringe when someone calls me normal! Depends on who says it, now mind you,,,,,,,it usually scares the hell out of me!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

After that statement, I must really say, I can see that the government shutdown did not include your department!

I liked that bit

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BOPcaj

i am a newbie to this site.
i know i can look up on how to do all this. but was wondering if u or anyone reading this could go over the simple stuff on this site. like how to get an avatar, i see the upload spot. but not sure whats wrong.. and how to create a thread, do i not have enough points or something.
( i know ironic im posting this on a people are stupid thread).

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

BOPcaj
reply to post by BOPcaj

i am a newbie to this site.
i know i can look up on how to do all this. but was wondering if u or anyone reading this could go over the simple stuff on this site. like how to get an avatar, i see the upload spot. but not sure whats wrong.. and how to create a thread, do i not have enough points or something.
( i know ironic im posting this on a people are stupid thread).

The Moderators can help with particular stuff like that.

Moderator "DontTreadOnMe" is one of the best ones for technical things.
Send a message and ask all the questions you want.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this thread might help www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BOPcaj

Check out this forum!

ATS Freshman Forum

It pretty much has all the answers you might be looking for. I know when I broke my cherry, I used this forum to learn the BBC code, how to do the Avatar thing and everything else you might need to know....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by BOPcaj

First off, Welcome BOP! Evenbetter than Seeker described, it's slightly more humbling to be ignored. I can say with authority that baby starved years ago LOL.

Now back to our educational debacle already in progress. I'm kind of reticent to respond to this thread Seeker, because visibility plus a couple of synapses left to rub together usually gets one tagged as a political troublemaker... oh well.
I guess it's better to get financially burned out than it is to ruuust.

The important thing is to try and pay for my principles on the installment plan. They usually slam me all at once, and right away. Smarts plenty.

Strictly to the thread, and the final posed question about undereducation lending itself to a more manageable slave:
I'll opt for compartmentalization and super-specialization making people dependent more on the hive to sustain them than those more rounded in their curricula. This has been a problem for a lot of us as the hive got bigger all the time and we went urban. One of my oldest fiends has a Ph.D in Political Science and his own 48 track studio besides... and he still can't tell me which two guys founded the CFR. Add to that he gets almost zero people in that extremely nice place to actually lay tracks.
In the long run I guess it's what you do with what you've got that counts. Hell I hear Gates dropped out of college....
edit on 2-10-2013 by derfreebie because: Slavery can become mentally comfy...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Derf, I gave you a star for replying, but can you PLEASE explain to me WTF you are talking about? lmao

I've had way too many beers to get out a dictionary and try to decipher your words! Don't take it personal, I just felt a huge ass airplane fly right over my head......

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

seeker1963

Derf, I gave you a star for replying, but can you PLEASE explain to me WTF you are talking about? lmao

I've had way too many beers to get out a dictionary and try to decipher your words! Don't take it personal, I just felt a huge ass airplane fly right over my head......

I'll apologize for going the other way with coffee strong enough to kill my ex-wife.
Let's pare it down.. some slavery can be promoted with too much of doing one thing. Degrees in something special can hamstring even the smartest people. Check out the nuclear physicist that can't find the dipstick on his Explorer.
On the other hand, we're both watching 80% of the NYC graduating HS seniors coming out functionally illiterate. Way bad, Seek. have another for me

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

xuenchen
*People* as a rule *are* smart enough.

But the plan has been for many years to *educate* for political/economic gain.

These *ruling* class agendas have dug in deep. Very deep.

They mix mis-information with tangents and medication.

If people were *not* smart enough, the rulers would not be able to get the agenda through.

So, I agree we need to *educate*. But not like since the 1960's.

The big problem is....how to re-educate.

There's the rub, and a super star. Up until maybe 75 years ago schools taught us the basics, most importantly how to read. By the time we hit high school the better schools taught us how to learn-- and if we were lucky made us curious.
But you guys and gals have always known I'm quite curious

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'll apologize for going the other way with coffee strong enough to kill my ex-wife.
Let's pare it down.. some slavery can be promoted with too much of doing one thing. Degrees in something special can hamstring even the smartest people. Check out the nuclear physicist that can't find the dipstick on his Explorer.
On the other hand, we're both watching 80% of the NYC graduating HS seniors coming out functionally illiterate. Way bad, Seek. have another for me

Haha! No worries. I have two ex wives. Still like em for whom they are, but thankful I don't have to deal with em anymore.........

Anyhoo, yea, I see where you are coming from now. You gave me an example that I can understand! Trust me, I am not ashamed that I didn't understand what you were saying, thus my previous post so that possibly you could enlighten me a little bit and you did just that!

Thank you for educating me a little bit! After all,you actually could have ended up being my governor! I was just kinda stupid and didn't understand you right? ROFLMA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join