It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News over the Government Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This just made me chuckle.

A Ku Klux Klan rally planned for Saturday, Oct. 5 has been canceled because of the government shutdown. On Sept. 26, officials at Gettysburg National Military Park granted a special-use permit for a rally to a Maryland-based KKK group. According to NBC 10 Philadelphia, the event was canceled when park officials rescinded all permits for special events because of the shutdown, which began 12 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

KKK Rally At Gettysburg Canceled Because Of Government Shutdown

Another group "Stormed" the National Mall,

But not everyone took the closing of national parks and monuments sitting down. A group of World War II veterans visiting the National Mall on Tuesday stormed the WWII Memorial -- which is now technically closed to the public -- to pay their respects.

Good for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I am laughing my hart out, I can not believe that the controversial KKK get granted permission to do whatever in a national park.

My daughter thinks that is because after all they are exercising freedom of speech.

Still when it comes to our veterans no government is going to tell then were or not to pay their respect.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

More good news!

All IRS audits have been suspended.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

AnonymousCitizen

More good news!

All IRS audits have been suspended.

Hmmm. I wonder if they will still process Lois Lerner's retirement package or did that get disrupted too? Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All Govt. background checks for Firearms purchases ,has been suspended. !

opps

edit on 10/1/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

BobAthome

opps

Guess I'll head on down to the local gun show and pick them up then....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
WHADA YAH MEEEAN WE CANT HAVE OUR MEETIN' BROTHER?
OBAMA DONE DIT IT AGAIN!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I have read all day!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Govt shutdown is the good news.

They do a better job when they arent doing anything.

The less they do- the better.

Maybe this will show people just how dependant they really are on a management system that can just shut down at anytime.

They are no different then an employer for a private buisness- if they cant pay the bills and become responsible management represenatives who by themselves construct their own debt- they arent doing something right-maybe everything. Wake up people. Dont worry-The govt will be back in no time to continue the massive rape process.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

"They are no different then an employer for a private buisness" and does that mean they can be raided legally in the Corp. World,, then install a new CEO, if its hostile?

u know,, for the @ssets

Corp. Raider 101.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

BobAthome

"They are no different then an employer for a private buisness" and does that mean they can be raided legally in the Corp. World,, then install a new CEO, if its hostile?

u know,, for the @ssets

Corp. Raider 101.

I dont know if I understood your question..but let me see if I can explain my position better..

If they are in contempt for dereliction of duty- would it not then make sense to hold new elections and impeach the worthless ones destroying their own futures in politics?

And should thejudicial side of the government not be effected the same way as the executive who themselves
have created thismessalong side of the legislative? The people still have a RIGHT to rule of law. We still have all of our basic rights. The only ones we really need anyway to keep a republic running properly. Just cause the government is shudown-shouldnt mean that the country is. This has all happened before. Scare tactics. Namecalling. Morons making everyone freak out.

Dont watch the other hand while its busy constructing your demise.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
With the government shut down who will send guns to Mexican drug cartels?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

They shutdown the showiest thongs and ruin peoples vacations to make a point. They could shut down some real things that cost real money instead they take from the people and cost the lowest paid public servants jobs.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

BobAthome

opps

Glad i bought my nine when I did lol. What a joke, these fracking arse wipes don't get it. I swear we need to seriously throw them all out.

Anyone know how to start recall election. I know they did it Colorado so that is what we should do, it is the only thing they understand. Anyone know the procedure, someone should start a recall thread with information on how to do it in each state lol.

Seriously

The Bot

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

WW II Veterans did no such thing.

Moments earlier, a few Republican members of Congress had removed a section of the black gates that surrounded the site, allowing a line of veterans to roll past security officers, who willingly stood aside.

Source

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Nope, still have to do a NICS check if buying from a dealer even at a gun show. That whole gun show loophole thing is propaganda by folks who've obviously not been to one in decades.

The ONLY exception is PRIVATE sales individual to individual.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Dont watch the other hand while its busy constructing your demise. " well if u cant give believe that "GOOD GOVERNMENT" is at the foundation of your House,, ie White house,,then "busy constructing your demise", they are a failure at as well,,cause were all still here. Obviously. So maybe stop the "busy constructing your demise" and look at it as " GOOD intentions " being pushed by Bad Govt.
a canadian

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

As a Canadian it's watching American's attacking American's,, never though i would see the day. And by that i mean IN PUBLIC,, for all the world too see.
Hopefully the World can see the Courageous Step in trying too live on "THE PAYCHECK", and not CREDIT. As a Country this is a very courageous thing too do,, too live paycheck too paycheck, u know like the rest of the houses in America.
Cause really all this means is-----NO MORE CREDIT.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Common Good
The less they do- the better.

Let me know when you are flying and your plane needs to land IFR and we are "doing less" and your plane is diverted to a different airport because equipment is down....

While I do not like that the Government has a monopoly on my job and skill-set, I think your blanket statement is well, ignorant. Especially since I have now been showing up to work to serve not only the People but our customers without any idea when I will get paid.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by dlbott

As a Canadian it's watching American's attacking American's,, never though i would see the day. And by that i mean IN PUBLIC,, for all the world too see.
Hopefully the World can see the Courageous Step in trying too live on "THE PAYCHECK", and not CREDIT. As a Country this is a very courageous thing too do,, too live paycheck too paycheck, u know like the rest of the houses in America.
Cause really all this means is-----NO MORE CREDIT.

If I were you, i would hope that everything works out hunky dory here, because if it goes south, you are the caboose that is going to get tacked on to the end of this train to hell. Don't get me wrong , I love Canada, but our financial futures are tied into knots you will never be able to untangle in time, if this stupidity lasts too long.

new topics

top topics

join