It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Republicans are Terrorists now...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

XTexan

People are calling the Republicans and the Tea Party Terrorists!!!

How feeble do they have to be
to feel terrorized by the Tea Party.

Mike
edit on 1-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's amazing actually how people forget how to think for themselves and simply fall in line with whatever "party" they believe in.

Divide and Conquer - 1000%

Maybe you should all step back for a second, start looking at people for what THEY do, not their affiliated party, and face the fact that you've been brainwashed.

If your first mental-reaction to this post is "he's a silly INSERT PARTY NAME HERE", then my point's been proven

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The terror acts the republicans have been committing are the lies and fear they continue to spread about Obamacare. Yup, that makes em terrorists in my book.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

That's because McCain was too busy talking to Al-Nusra Front, sorry I mean the Free Syrian Army, making deals to send them weapons, ammo and money.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

damwel
The terror acts the republicans have been committing are the lies and fear they continue to spread about Obamacare. Yup, that makes em terrorists in my book.

Thats not the dictionary meaning. If you want to be correct you need that meaning of the word. the democrats did the same one time before i am quite sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

What lies are we spewing about obozocare?

Whats the real reason you dems are so mad? Is it because misery loves company?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

It's not like the Tea Party calls the President of the United States an evil Muslim Terrorist or anything...huh?

Politics is a nasty business indeed. I find, as a thinking individual, that hyperbole of this kind is highly toxic in ways we don't even realize yet.

But let's face facts...they truly are the American Taliban.

You have absolutely no idea who the Taliban really are. I, on the other hand, do. You should be ashamed of this comment as it is just such a clear example of the toxic hyperbole I refer to above.

They would love to rule this country under religious rule and put women back in the kitchen.

There are indeed examples of such a disgusting view from republicans. Much of it is political hyperbole exacerbated by opposing media without much care for the facts. I suppose all the republican women out there just can't wait to religiously rule themselves back to the kitchen eh?

The scary thing is, they say this with pride...they think one of the biggest problems with our country is that we don't base our laws on the bible and that women are educated and out in the workforce.

That is the view of zealots. Zealots are loud, but do not represent a majority.

Don't blame me or others for just pointing out that this type of thinking matches exactly what the Taliban thinks.

You have no idea what the Taliban thinks.

The "terrorist" part is from their current actions...they are using the government shutdown and the debt ceiling to invoke "terror" in the public in an attempt to get them on their side and get their way. That is exactly what terrorists do.

No. Terrorists kill people. They set roadside bombs. They murder children. They deface women for daring to show their faces. They stone women for being raped. They will kill you if they had the chance. You don't know a damned thing about terrorists, the Taliban, or any of the other hyperbolic crap you're spewing.

It is the American thing to do to stand up and call them out for what they are...not to sit silently just to be polite.

All should speak when they find injustice. But speak the truth.
edit on 1-10-2013 by projectvxn because: To fix spelling errors

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

XTexan
More and more I am reading this everywhere. On the MSM, on blogs, even here in our little corner of the internet. People are calling the Republicans and the Tea Party Terrorists!!!

This is insane. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU. Shame on the newsites for printing this garbage, but mostly SHAME on you America, shame on every poster on this site that has posted this nonsense. To call fellow Americans Terrorists... Why? Because you disagree with them? Thats the lowest of the low, a downright shame and a slap in the face to everything this country stands for.

This is exactly what TPTB want. We are now turning on each other like rabid dogs. An entire segment is being labeled Terrorists... Where will this lead? No where I hope. But if people start being rounded up for their beliefs we only have ourselves to blame.

This is DANGEROUS, very dangerous talk guys. I can't believe I'm actually hearing Americans talking to each other like this.

Shame on our own damn country. When I read the title of this thread, I laughed and thought, "What the hell does he mean by NOW? They've ALWAYS been terrorists, ever since they slaughtered the native americans who lived here first, all the way to causing 9/11." Republicans are terrorists because they terrorize the rest of the world, AND their own country. Who else is there to blame? Democrats simply aren't war mongering money grubbing religious nutcases, most of the time. I'm not a Dem or Repub, I refuse to choose sides of a paradigm illusion. But, seriously, America is the terrorist of the world. I know, because I've lived here my whole life and I see it firsthand.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That`s the kind of talk you would expect to see from trolls on an internet forum,not the kind of talk that an elected representative should be spouting.
When elected representatives in the government throw civility and decorum out with the trash it`s a sign that much bigger problems could be coming.

The last time things got this uncivil in the government civil war was just around the corner, although nobody knew it at the time.

Senator Charles Sumner of Massachusetts was an avowed Abolitionist and leader of the Republican Party.
Sumner declared Butler an imbecile and said, "Senator Butler has chosen a mistress. I mean the harlot, slavery."
Representative Preston Brooks of South Carolina thought Sumner went too far.Two days after the end of Sumner's speech, Brooks entered the Senate chamber where Sumner was working at his desk. He flatly told Sumner, "You've libeled my state and slandered my white-haired old relative, Senator Butler, and I've come to punish you for it." Brooks proceeded to strike Sumner over the head repeatedly with a gold-tipped cane. The cane shattered as Brooks rained blow after blow on the hapless Sumner, but Brooks could not be stopped. Only after being physically restrained by others did Brooks end the pummeling.

www.ushistory.org...

Name calling and slander has no place in the halls of government, if a congressman can`t do his job without calling names and slandering large portions of the population then he or she should step down and let someone else take his or her place.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I love how you guys are still buying into this. Don't think for a second that TPTB don't pay the Rs and Ds alike. This is all just engineered ... besides, politicians work very hard -- to get reelected.

What's going to happen is that the government will reopen its doors in 2-4 weeks, Obamacare will be defunded, and in a secret closed-door meeting a few days later, it will refunded. In addition to that, something weird will be put on the bill like, "Anyone who publicly goes against this bill is a terrorist and will be held indefinitely without bail, until our friends at GSK provide us with the deadly cocktail that we will use to end their miserable little terrorist life."

What makes me think that will happen? Who remembers ACTA, SOPA, PIPA, and now CISPA?

If TPTB want it to happen, by god it will happen, the people be damned.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Like I said long ago that this is the plan....to turn all of you against each other and then send in militarized law enforcement to finish it off.

We will look as if we deserved what was coming.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

yuppa

damwel

Thats not the dictionary meaning. If you want to be correct you need that meaning of the word. the democrats did the same one time before i am quite sure.

The Tea Party said give into our demands or the government gets shut down. That is economic terrorism.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

buster2010

The Tea Party said give into our demands or the government gets shut down. That is economic terrorism.

Be careful throwing that word terrorism around.
Keep it up and the Tea Party may decide to make your wish come true.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
HEY PROGRESSIVES. . . . .

*ahem*

"boo".

(cheesy grin)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What is a terrorist besides someone who uses fear to accomplish their goals? Politics seems to rely quite heavily on fear tactics. That said, I do think republicans currently use more fear tactics than democrats, but being fairly young (23) I'm going to guess that whoever is the minority party at any given time uses fear more than whoever has the majority.

Also, as a country, terrorism is about the most moral thing we do in relation to other countries. I bet north korea likes our threats more than Iraq likes us bombing them for actions that had nothing to do with their country. For America, terrorism means we haven't flat out attacked you.
edit on 1-10-2013 by paradoxlogos because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2013 by paradoxlogos because: removing biased wording

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

buster2010

yuppa

damwel

Does not change the fact of the definition. That is your opinion,and frankly i do not care what you think. The dictionary definiion is what is meant when they use the term. Now run along back to 4 chan or bother penny or leonard with that noise

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I say keep the government shut down until everyone of those babies yelling "he did it- no he did it" put on their big boy pants and start to act like real men and women by being the responsible individuals we pay them to be.

Republicans-Democrats-Independants....(well not really so much independants)
...... Grow UP.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

damwel

While the left is spewing hot-button names like terrorist, Taliban and anarchist maybe as Americans we should focus on some of the real terrorists impacting our government.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by XTexan

But let's face facts...they truly are the American Taliban. They would love to rule this country under religious rule and put women back in the kitchen.

I cannot believe you received over a dozen stars of respect for a comment that contained the words "let's face the facts... They (the republic/tea party) truly are the American Taliban."

You showed more respect to the "Taliban" by capitalizing the "T" than you did to millions of Americans represented by the parties of the right.... And you received a fair amount of acknowledgement for it.

Now I've always laughed at those ATS members that claim the community IQ has decreased over the years here, but this... Need I say more?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join