It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Federal Govt. Shutdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
With Obamacare starting today and all the news that it will be a mess it makes you wonder if this shut down was ready made as an scapegoat for the administration to blame the trouble on.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
this gov shutdown is a clear invitation to a terrorist attack... Why is that?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be amusing if The Statue of Liberty and Yellowstone were in fact super huge targets in the international spy game... but nobody dare say anything.

All those forest rangers with unknown super soldiers protecting their every move... keeping the "simple govt. park" facade credible.

The Statue of Liberty was a very important point of entry for a huge percentage of our ancestors.

Perhaps Yellowstone is the most critical device for detecting shifts in the earth and perhaps even more subtle into the solar system, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

I may be wrong but I think the USPS is self funding just like a private company all of the USPS budget comes from the money they make selling stamps,parcel deliveries etc.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I ask only this, with the government shutdown. Why are they calm faced telling us everything is fine and it won't amount to but a few hundred public parks and attractions being shutdown... Aren't those attractions, like Yellowstone, profitable to the extent that they shouldn't need public funds to run? You know, with the entrance fee and all?! I mean shouldn't they shutdown unprofitable things, LOL!

ETA: Well who knows who is to blame because they never comunicate well enough with the american people for us to figure them out, intentionally by the way! They all point to each other and with seemingly great insight and conviction. Maybe they are all to blame! So lets get rid of all of them and the new guys have a much better chance at agreeing than the old cronies stuck in the wagon ruts of the past.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Emeraldous because: ETA

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Think of the money saved today. Today we caught up on our debt. It was a good day! We should have a government shut down day once a week until the debt is greatly reduced! The last government shut down I don't remember that being a big deal either... I was busy diapering a baby seventeen years ago. So who cares? Everything will be just fine. We are money ahead today.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by trinityalways

Which has nothing to do with what our fools in Washington just didn't do.
It was a very limited, obsolete, and redundant system.

Commander of the Air Force Space Command, General William Shelton, said the system - which has been in operation since 1961 - was outmoded and that newer technology will provide more accurate observations.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.vandenberg.af.mil...

No disrespect but REALLY this came from your site source

NASA: 97 percent of the 18,134 employees would be sent home. (Scientists working on the International Space Station will stay. Many engineers will go home.) So who is watching the sky and our Space Fence?

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 1-10-2013 by trinityalways because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

My point was that the shutdown of the "space fence" had nothing to do with the government shutdown. It was going to be shut down no matter what because it was obsolete and redundant.

So who is watching the sky and our Space Fence?
Not NASA. They never did.

I don't see NORAD or JSpOC on that list of shutdowns. Do you?

edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No disrespect but REALLY this came from your site source

NASA: 97 percent of the 18,134 employees would be sent home. (Scientists working on the International Space Station will stay. Many engineers will go home.) So who is watching the sky and our Space Fence?

Russia.....

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
excuse me if this has already been mentioned.

I have seen it mentioned on the BBC news today that the dollar has fallen has fallen but the Nasdaq and Dow Jones are doing great. Why would that be?

www.bbc.co.uk... (Link updates every 15 mins.)

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Spot On! thank you! and this is NORAD

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 1-10-2013 by trinityalways because: forgot NORAD

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
something I would like to ask in this thread. are the people who post on internet forums for the nsa or government considered non-essential workers? I only ask because I have just noticed today my local craigslist in the jobs section only has about 10 jobs in the skilled trades and general labor sections when usually at this time there are close to 100. also for about 2 to 3 months now someone has been pushing racism really, really hard, but today it has gone somewhat quiet on that front also. these seem to be 2 issues this current government has been pushing in media. racism and that jobs have been created. is this government shutdown exposing these paid trolls?

could just be the conspiracy nut in me also, why im looking for verification.

I go to the craigslist in Columbus, ohio if you wanna see for yourself.

columbus.craigslist.org...

edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

if you look at the all posts in these sections prior to todays official shutdown you will definitely see what I am getting at.

I don't much believe in coincidences.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My federal taxes better be lower since things are "closed".

Free! Free at last!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

curiousme333
reply to post by iamhobo

Well, think about what Nancy said about 30 hr work weeks for us. Now all those federal employees have some time to pursue there happiness. U.S.A ! U.S.A ! U.S A !

Excellent. And I recall a certain intellectually gifted contributor
talking about affording some government representatives only a one-way ticket to the latest G-however-many shindig.
This could set a beeautiful precendent if we could jet Nancy home to the vineyard and leave her there.. how about ALL of them? YAYYYY.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

JSpOC back in 2012 has been replaced with AGI software see this and their partners.

www.agi.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oh God No....

Reports Coming In...

Russian and Chinese Troops parachuting into Grand Canyon

Bio Weapons Outbreaks in Midwestern Cities

Meteors Striking all over Northern hemisphere

And NO ONE is on Payroll to type all of this into reports and file them in triplicate to be processed, reviewed 14 weeks later, reprocessed, re reviewed, debated, refiled, litigated, re litigated, reprocessed, refiled, lost for 3 years, brought to a public forum, hashed to death by the media, re litigated, brought to the supreme court, voted on another 4 years later, and then taxed...

What will we do?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

It's a short-term crisis. Fundamentals are still good. That's the only thing that matters for investors.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
so is this shutdown basically because congress is unwilling to accept obamacare? when it comes right down to it, isn't this what it is really about. the house is trying to put into the bill that even the executive branches have to carry this, but they are unwilling to budge. really? good for the goose but not for the gander.

has anyone checked out what I brought up earlier in this thread, feels important!

as the time keeps ticking by it gets more and more obvious.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

I think propaganda spewing government internet trolls would be considered non essential and furloughed without pay until things are back to normal.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The shutdown is purely a media stunt. Seriously, what on earth do you need to close a monument that has no doors down for? Spend more time and money taping it off than just letting it be. Gettysburg, I live near there, is closed. Seriously? There are roads and trails. That's about it. I have been there 6 or 7 times in the last couple years and have yet to see a park ranger. These were closed to get YOUR attention. To affect YOUR life. It has nothing to do with the actual "running" of the government. It is intended to incite panic and outrage between two political parties to pit their constituents one against the other all the while they sit back behind the scenes smoking cigars and toasting each other on a job well done. Behind closed doors and out of the media spotlight these guys are buddies. They hunt and fish together, they vacation together, they have cook outs at each others homes. But let a journalist or camera within 100 yards of them and they all of a sudden become bitter enemies. yeah, right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join