It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the Occult : Deafened by the NEPTUNE of the Holy SPEAR-IT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Not trying to hurt your feelings, thought you might take it in jest.

If it is only positive feedback your are looking for I will depart forthwith.

I want to apologize to you about that.

After time passed your input actually brought me towards a lot of realizations.

So actually I am glad you made a few jokes, and I regret snapping about it. I get frustrated really easily when I'm trying to focus I'm sorry.

Thank you for being you and teaching me an important lesson.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by muzzleflash

Has Pinochio taken control of your soul?

After some thought about this Networkdude, I am going to have to say it's out of context.

I am the manifestation of Pinocchio's soul.
And so are you, and everything else that ever was, is, will be, and could be.

Ohhhh, so that means we are all Geppetto too?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseCipher

Your name really blew me away, haha!
I think that is so elite and awesome.

When I read your post yesterday I was very pleased, so thank you.

For some reason your post caused me to think about "Baseball" of all things. Our great "PAST" "TIME" where all the answers of the past - time are encoded and hidden.

Here is a Pic of some logos:

Now I will copy paste what I wrote yesterday just as an example of what is possible here.

Baseball - 4 bases but HOME has 5 sides it represents the "Babe with the Ruth-less Tooth".
Foul is a bad bird, and Homer is the blind prophet who scores the grand slam.
3 strikes from the Tri and you are Out...

All yall see is the Square Rays, But don't hear the Bell cuz you need to PHILLY IT IN.

That's the Cone that slaps your dome, cmon' it's the Diamond Mound because the "Pitcher Tilts and Tosses". Dia+Mount/Mound = Mountain of God (The Hardest Roc)

It would have to be Atlas the Column , While the "Minnesota" TWINS show me how it "Got Split during the Dive".

I'm talking about that Astro singing like an Royal Oriole. That's why the Angels are the Reds, Who Mets the Dodgers.

PIRATES ? BREWERS of the mystical past? YANKEE ???
Red "SOX" and White "SOX"?
Diamond BACKS of ATLAS I got the CARD-IN-ALL!

The Ranger on the Expos doing Indian style Padre Athletics?
Padre is the Father of Cubs, and his symbol is the WAVE of WATER!

I be leadin you to the Rockies to be Giants you gotta be a Brave!

This is Major League Baseball - Go back to your BASE its A BALL.
I am just the Mariner hunting for the Marlins of Merlin.

Nationals? That's just the tiny gnat's EYE ON ALLS (That G is Silent+Invisible you Dont Hear+See it)

Now hit it to the Arc and it's a High Note to the Score.
Know the High Score it's Over the Arch.
Take your Tree and hit Ba'al to the Green Monster.

----
That was just a quick write up, I didn't really invest much into it. Too much other stuff to think about and do, but it was a fun "exercise" just for kicks.

It got me started thinking about the NFL and NBA, where anyone can easily see the SAME STORY being told!

The trick to all of this is that the entire universe is the vortex of 0 and 1.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Muzzleflash,

Many of the ideas that you express here fall in line with my own research, however, I have been working on finding deeper meanings. Since many of your ideas are tied to phonetic similarities between words, it appears that you recognize what I refer to as the “Philosopher’s Lisp” which is related to the alteration of letters and syllables to disguise words. If you have not read it already, you should read Plato’s Cratylus because it adds credibility to your approach and may also give you some useful leads. (Note that “Cratylus” is phonetically similar to the Latin “cratalis” from which the word “grail” is thought to be derived.)

It might also help you to know that water = writings.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sigh Chi A Trick = Psychiatric or Chi/Meditation is ineffective
Merry Wanna = Marijuana or If you wanna be merry smoke it
Whole E Bi Bell = Holy Bible or All energy has 2 charges/sounds.
Sex with Ex = Sex..hidden message to make your brain think sex is bad/cause relationship problems..cause you say hear think sex and the word ex is hidden right there too.
It Real Y = Reality..or why is it real?
The Ear = EarTh in constant repetition...or symbolic of this story being told over and over.
Tie Me = Time or the thing that seems to bind us and is a constant restrain.
Aging Mess = Messaging, or we basically when we communicate/message...we create a mess.
911 is the emergency number in America, but 119 is in alot of other countries.
Allah, Jehova, Buddha, Krishna...all end in the same phoentic sounds of Uh/Ah.
Spirit U All = Spiritual or You are all spirits.
Unighted Nations/Unighted Kindgom/Unighted Nations = Night/Dark always seen as bad since dawn of man...any country with U Nighted in it, in a bad spot.
Words ending in Ly sound like Lie...subconsciously you interupt Family is a lie, Friendly is a lie, Happily, is a lie...anything ending in ly is a lie.

Dyslexic folks have a gift to be honest, they see the letters in a more creative way, which allows them to decode the aging mess better...messages. =) We learn little words before big words, we are naive to believe our brains do not pick up on the little words now that it knows compound words. Language both written and spoken has been designed inherently to keep mankind stuck in a duality type mind set...which is what also makes us human or hue man as I like to think...Men of Colors/Lights.

Hour B rains, halve a mass eve potent all two D code an D sea watt it kneads too see. It es knot how its writ end sew much as how it sou ends. Tea est yore own be rain, and uncover a T ruth (hidden message that the Cross/Jesus is Truth) you never new existed.

Final Edit: What's funny is they are the Phoenicians...the Phony Shuns? Don't believe in it cause it isn't real? Did they call themselves that or do we call them that? Maybe they called themselves Israel...or...Is Real? Hmm..I don't no.

Your Fry End,
All Ways,
Loose Cipher
edit on 8-10-2013 by LooseCipher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

muzzleflash

network dude

Has Pinochio taken control of your soul?

After some thought about this Networkdude, I am going to have to say it's out of context.

I am the manifestation of Pinocchio's soul.
And so are you, and everything else that ever was, is, will be, and could be.

Ohhhh, so that means we are all Geppetto too?

No offence was intended. Your thread was a bit out of character and I thought poking a bit of fun was in order. It seems you appeased the masses and found some fans, so kudos for that.
L8er,
Dude

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have read the entire OP, linked and read, etc..

Imagine a retard, stoned, and distracted.. I would like to get it, but I don't.

What does this connect to on the 9/11 conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I seriously struggle with the way you break words down and change them to mean anything you desire.... Is there a rhyme or reason behind this or is it just twisting to try to fool people into some weird esoteric coded message in our spoken language?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

HooHaa
I seriously struggle with the way you break words down and change them to mean anything you desire.... Is there a rhyme or reason behind this or is it just twisting to try to fool people into some weird esoteric coded message in our spoken language?

Ok, I will show you just a random example of how it works.

Let's go to Wiki Shire.

A shire is a traditional term for a division of land, found in the United Kingdom and in Australia. In parts of Australia, a shire is an administrative unit, but it is not synonymous with "county" there, which is a land registration unit. Individually, or as a suffix in Scotland and in the far northeast of England, the word is pronounced /ˈʃaɪər/. As a suffix in an English or Welsh place name, it is in most regions pronounced /ʃɜr/, or sometimes /ʃɪər/.

This is another connection with PSI-PSY-SCI.

Notice the pronunciations? SAIER - SER - SIER ?

Ok now let's bring up Etymonline, Shire etymology.

shire (n.)
Old English scir "administrative office, jurisdiction, stewardship, authority," also in particular use "district, province, country," from Proto-Germanic *skizo (cf. Old High German scira "care, official charge"). Ousted since 14c. by Anglo-French county. The gentrified sense is from The Shires (1796), used by people in other parts of England of those counties that end in -shire; sense transferred to "hunting country of the Midlands" (1860).

SCIR - SKIZO - SCIRA

Ok back to Wiki now:

The word derives from the Old English scir, itself a derivative of the Proto-Germanic skizo (cf. Old High German scira), meaning care or official charge.[1] The system was first used in Wessex from the beginning of Anglo-Saxon settlement, and spread to most of the rest of England in the tenth century, along with West Saxon political control. In Domesday (1086) the city of York was divided into shires.[2] The first shires of Scotland were created in English-settled areas such as Lothian and the Borders, in the ninth century. King David I more consistently created shires and appointed sheriffs across lowland shores of Scotland.

The shire in early days was governed by an Ealdorman and in the later Anglo-Saxon period by royal official known as a "shire reeve" or sheriff. The shires were divided into hundreds or wapentakes, although other less common sub-divisions existed. An alternative name for a shire was a "sheriffdom" until sheriff court reforms separated the two concepts. In Scotland the word "county" was not adopted for the shires. Although "county" appears in some texts, "shire" was the normal name until counties for statutory purposes were created in the nineteenth century.

Notice the topic we are discussing?

Now let's examine a closely related word:

Sire:

sire (v.)
"to beget, to be the sire of," 1610s, from sire (n.). Used chiefly of beasts, especially of stallions. Related: Sired; siring.

sire (n.)
c.1200, title placed before a name and denoting knighthood, from Old French sire "lord (appellation), sire, my lord," from Vulgar Latin *seior, from Latin senior "older, elder" (see senior (adj.)). Standing alone and meaning "your majesty" it is attested from early 13c. General sense of "important elderly man" is from mid-14c.; that of "father, male parent" is from mid-13c.

Ok so clearly we have two references that apply directly to the PSI-Neptune connections.
Horses and Elder-Senior.

sir
c.1300, title of honor of a knight or baronet (until 17c. also a title of priests), variant of sire, originally used only in unstressed position. Generalized as a respectful form of address by mid-14c.; used as a salutation at the beginning of letters from early 15c.

senior (adj.)
late 13c., from Latin senior "older," comparative of senex (genitive senis) "old," from PIE root *sen- "old" (see senile). Original use in English was as an addition to a personal name indicating "the father" when father and son had the same name; meaning "higher in rank, longer in service" first recorded 1510s.

The Latin word yielded titles of respect in many languages, cf. French sire, Spanish señor, Portuguese senhor, Italian signor. Senior citizen first recorded 1938, American English.

Notice that Senile is used as a Psychology reference, PSY-PSI the Mind.
So clearly Sen and Sir are related to Shire.

Shire indicates the Sheriff the "SIR".
He is the "Senior" official, and he rules our minds.
His mind is "old" therefore Senile from our perspective.

This all applies to modern life directly, as it stays within the scope of Neptune-PSI motifs all the way through.
Guardianship, Authority, Knowledge, etc.

Let's add another connection to continue solidifying it:

alderman (n.)
Old English aldormonn (Mercian), ealdormann (West Saxon) "ruler, prince, chief; chief officer of a shire," from aldor, ealder "patriarch" (comparative of ald "old;" see old) + monn, mann "man" (see man (n.)). A relic of the days when the elders were automatically in charge of the clan or tribe, but already in Old English used for king's viceroys, regardless of age. The word yielded in Old English to eorl, and after the Norman Conquest to count (n.). Meaning "headman of a guild" (early 12c.) passed to "magistrate of a city" (c.1200) as the guilds became identified with municipal government.

The Alderman, or "Elder Man" of the "Shire".
Note is says actual age of the person is irrelevant, it's a "Title of Status".

Again "Authority" and "Elder" are central components of the words origins.

Cheshire
1086, Cestre Scire, from Chester + scir "district" (see shire). Cheshire cat and its proverbial grin are attested from 1770, but the signification is obscure.

Chester
Cestre (1086), from Old English Legacæstir (735) "City of the Legions," from Old English ceaster "Roman town or city," from Latin castrum "fortified place" (see castle (n.)). It was the base of the Second Legion Adiutrix in the 70s C.E. and later the 20th Legion Valeria Victrix. But the town's name in Roman times was Deoua (c.150 C.E.), from its situation on the River Dee, a Celtic river name meaning "the goddess, the holy one."

So Cheshire is an interesting terminology.

Anyways look at this now:
Scire Etym

scienter (adv.)
legalese Latin, literally "knowingly," from sciens, present participle of scire "to know" (see science) + adverbial suffix -ter.

science (n.)
mid-14c., "what is known, knowledge (of something) acquired by study; information;" also "assurance of knowledge, certitude, certainty," from Old French science "knowledge, learning, application; corpus of human knowledge" (12c.), from Latin scientia "knowledge, a knowing; expertness," from sciens (genitive scientis) "intelligent, skilled," present participle of scire "to know," probably originally "to separate one thing from another, to distinguish," related to scindere "to cut, divide," from PIE root *skei- "to cut, to split" (cf. Greek skhizein "to split, rend, cleave," Gothic skaidan, Old English sceadan "to divide, separate;" see shed (v.)).

Continued....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It says on the "Science" etym to "see Shed", in related to cut/divide/separate.

It's a big amount of info but important:

shed (n.)
"building for storage," 1855, earlier "light, temporary shelter" (late 15c., shadde), possibly a dialectal variant of a specialized use of shade (n.). Originally of the barest sort of shelter. Or from or influenced in sense development by Middle English schudde (shud) "a shed, hut."

shed (v.)
"cast off," Old English sceadan, scadan "to divide, separate, part company; discriminate, decide; scatter abroad, cast about," strong verb (past tense scead, past participle sceadan), from Proto-Germanic *skaithan (cf. Old Saxon skethan, Old Frisian sketha, Middle Dutch sceiden, Dutch scheiden, Old High German sceidan, German scheiden "part, separate, distinguish," Gothic skaidan "separate"), from *skaith "divide, split."

According to Klein's sources, this probably is related to PIE root *skei- "to cut, separate, divide, part, split" (cf. Sanskrit chid-, Greek skhizein, Latin scindere "to split;" Lithuanian skedzu "I make thin, separate, divide;" Old Irish scian "knife;" Welsh chwydu "to break open"). Related: Shedding. A shedding-tooth (1799) was a milk-tooth or baby-tooth.

In reference to animals, "to lose hair, feathers, etc." recorded from c.1500; of trees losing leaves from 1590s; of clothes, 1858. This verb was used in Old English to gloss Late Latin words in the sense "to discriminate, to decide" that literally mean "to divide, separate" (cf. discern). Hence also scead (n.) "separation, distinction; discretion, understanding, reason;" sceadwisnes "discrimination, discretion."

Ok so to know something we "divide or separate", and the sheriff of the shire divides us.
Discern-Discriminate-Distinction

Skei - Scheiden - Sceidan - Scheiden etc??
How about this one?

scathe (v.)
c.1200, from Old Norse skaða "to hurt, harm, damage, injure," from Proto-Germanic *skath- (cf. Old English sceaþian "to hurt, injure," Old Saxon skathon, Old Frisian skethia, Middle Dutch scaden, Dutch schaden, Old High German scadon, German schaden, Gothic scaþjan "to injure, damage"), from PIE root *sket- "to injure." Only cognate outside Germanic seems to be in Greek a-skethes "unharmed, unscathed."

It survives mostly in its negative form, unscathed, and in figurative meaning "sear with invective or satire" (1852, usually as scathing) which developed from the sense of "scar, scorch" used by Milton in "Paradise Lost" i.613 (1667).

Scar, Scorch ?

scare (v.)
1590s, alteration of Middle English skerren (c.1200), from Old Norse skirra "to frighten; to shrink from, shun; to prevent, avert," related to skjarr "timid, shy, afraid of," of unknown origin. In Scottish also skair, skar, and in dialectal English skeer, skear, which seems to preserve the older pronunciation. To scare up "procure, obtain" is first recorded 1846, American English, from notion of rousing game from cover. Related: Scared; scaring.

Scared of being Scarred by the Sheriff of the Shire?
See how I did that?

ski (n.)
1883 (there is an isolated instance from 1755; in early use often spelled skee), from Norwegian ski, related to Old Norse skið "long snowshoe," literally "stick of wood, firewood," cognate with Old English scid "stick of wood," obsolete English shide "piece of wood split off from timber;" Old High German skit, German Scheit "log," from Proto-Germanic *skid- "to divide, split," from PIE root *skei- "to cut, split" (see shed (v.)). Ski-jumper is from 1894; ski bum first attested 1960; ski-mask is from 1963; noted as part of criminal disguises from 1968.

skid (n.)
c.1600, "beam or plank on which something rests," especially on which something heavy can be rolled from place to place (1782), of uncertain origin, probably from a Scandinavian source akin to Old Norse skið "stick of wood" (see ski (n.)). As "a sliding along" from 1890; specifically of motor vehicles from 1903. Skid-mark is from 1914.

In the timber regions of the American West, skids laid down one after another to form a road were "a poor thing for pleasure walks, but admirably adapted for hauling logs on the ground with a minimum of friction" ["Out West" magazine, October 1903]. A skid as something used to facilitate downhill motion led to figurative phrases such as hit the skids "go into rapid decline" (1909), and cf. skid row.

skid (v.)
1670s, "apply a skid to (a wheel, to keep it from turning)," from skid (n.). Meaning "slide along" first recorded 1838; extended sense of "slip sideways" (on a wet road, etc.) first recorded 1884. The original notion is of a block of wood for stopping a wheel; the modern senses are from the notion of a wheel slipping when blocked from revolving.

skid row (n.)
place where vagabonds, low-lifes, and out-of-work men gather in a town, 1921, with reference to Seattle, Washington, U.S., a variant of skid road "track of skids along which logs are rolled" (1851); see skid (n.); the sense of which was extended to "part of town inhabited by loggers" (1906), then, by hobos, to "disreputable district" (1915); probably shaded by the notion of "go downhill."

Skid on the Skis of Scrying the Psi of Ents ?
This is how you go logging in the forest of ideas.

I suppose I should bring up Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.
There's a ton about that I will get into some other time more fitting.
But since I linked that check out "Paul Bunyon's Axe.

The Minnesota–Wisconsin football rivalry is an American college football rivalry between the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers and the University of Wisconsin Badgers. The longest-played rivalry in what is now the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision, it has been contested almost every year since 1890. The winner of this matchup between Big 10 Conference rivals receives an unusual traveling trophy, "Paul Bunyan's Axe", a tradition introduced in 1948. Minnesota leads the series 59–55–8.

M v W = Man vs Woman
Duality concept
W and M are Tridents
They are Waves

The rivalry's first trophy was the "Slab of Bacon", in use from 1930 to 1943. Created by R. B. Fouch of Minneapolis, it is a piece of black walnut wood with a football at the center bearing a letter that becomes "M" or "W" depending on which way the trophy is hung. The word "BACON" is carved at both ends, implying that the winner has "brought home the bacon."

Absolutely they write the word BACON at both ends, because Janus is the real BACON and he's on both sides.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I guess since I was throwing out more PSI connections (and there are countless of them it would seem), I will go ahead and toss out a few more for fun.

Siam aka Thailand.

Siamese , which means the people, language, etc, of Thailand.

We also have Siamese Cats, or Siamese Twins, because again duality is a central concept.

For some interesting history of Thailand, check out the Ayutthaya Kingdom wiki.
Tai Peoples

Notice the similarities between the word "TAI" and "SIAM"?
And of course if you look through those wikis you will see tons of other key word references that may be surprising, especially the heavy presence of "RAM" related terms.

Shift gears, now let's check out this wiki:
Sai Baba of Shirdi

Sai or Sayi is a Persian title given to Sufi saints, meaning 'poor one'[6] and in Banjara language, "sayi" means good one.[citation needed] The honorific "Baba" means "father; grandfather; old man; sir" in most Indian and Middle Eastern languages. Thus Sai Baba denotes "holy father", "saintly father" or "poor old man".[7] Alternatively, the Sindhi and Urdu word "sāī.n" (سائیں), an honorific title for a virtuoso, a saint, or a feudal lord (i.e. a patron), is derived from the Persian word "sāyeh", which literally means "shadow" but figuratively refers to patronage or protection. The Hindi-Urdu word "sāyā" comes from the same borrowing. Thus, it could also mean "Master Father." However, Sāī may also be an acronym of the Sanskrit term "Sakshat Eshwar", a reference to God. Sakshat means "incarnate" and Eshwar means "God".

Again many core motifs are represented, authority, elder, etc.

Sai (Caste)

The Sayee of Bihar claim to belong to the Shaikh Siddiqui community, and claim descent from Abu Bakar, the first caliph of Islam. Like other Muslim communities of Bihar, they date their origin to the time of Bakhtiyar Khilji, the Muslim conqueror of Bihar.

SAI Global

As of 2013, SAI Global is the 10th largest company, by market capitalisation on the Australian Stock Exchange, that provides services to businesses.[1] It is part of the ASX 200.[2]

Check out their logo, it's really interesting.

Sai Peoples

The Li (黎; pinyin: Lí) or Hlai are a minority ethnic group, the vast majority of whom live off the southern coast of mainland China on Hainan Island,[2] where they are the largest minority ethnic group. Divided into the five branches of the Qi, Ha, Run, Sai and Meifu,[3] the Li have their own distinctive culture and customs.

Saï (Island in the Nile)

Saï is a large island in the Nile River in Nubia between the second and third cataracts. It is 12 km long and 5.5 km wide. Saï was intermittently occupied by the Egyptians during the New Kingdom.

Lake Sai - One of the Five Fuji Lakes

You have Sai in Orne France.

Sai the village in Satu Mare Romania.
It's claimed to mean something like "Great Village" but note that 'Mare' is an ocean and it's a horse.

Sai, Aomori Japan
Their seal is a spiral trident-sai-star of the sorts.

The economy of Sai is heavily dependent on agriculture, forestry and fishing.

Sais Egypt

What about this word?
SAIL Etymology

sail (n.)
Old English segl "sail, veil, curtain," from Proto-Germanic *seglom (cf. Old Saxon, Swedish segel, Old Norse segl, Old Frisian seil, Dutch zeil, Old High German segal, German Segel), of obscure origin with no known cognates outside Germanic (Irish seol, Welsh hwyl "sail" are Germanic loan-words). In some sources (Klein, OED) referred to PIE root *sek- "to cut," as if meaning "a cut piece of cloth." To take the wind out of (someone's) sails (1888) is to deprive (someone) of the means of progress, especially by sudden and unexpected action, "as by one vessel sailing between the wind and another vessel," ["The Encyclopaedic Dictionary," 1888].

Cut?
Seil (Seal or Veil)

seal (v.)
"to fasten with (or as with) a seal," c.1200, from seal (n.1). Meaning "to place a seal on (a document)" is recorded from mid-14c.; hence "to conclude, ratify, render official" (late 15c.). Sense of "to close up with wax, lead, cement, etc." is attested from 1660s, from the notion of wax seals on envelopes. In reference to the actions of wood-coatings, 1940. Related: Sealed; sealing. Sealing-wax is attested from c.1300. To seal (one's) fate (1799) probably reflects the notion of a seal on an execution warrant.

seal (n.2)
fish-eating mammal with flippers, Old English seolh "seal," from Proto-Germanic *selkhaz (cf. Old Norse selr, Swedish sjöl, Danish sæl, Middle Low German sel, Middle Dutch seel, Old High German selah), of unknown origin, perhaps a borrowing from Finnic. Seal point "dark brown marking on a Siamese cat" is recorded from 1934, from the dark brown color of seal fur; cf. seal brown "rich, dark brown color," by 1875. Old English seolhbæð, literally "seal's bath," was an Anglo-Saxon kenning for "the sea."

seal (n.1)
"design stamped on wax," especially one attached to a document as evidence of authenticity, c.1200, from Old French seel "seal on a letter" (Modern French sceau), from Vulgar Latin *sigellum (source of Italian suggello, Spanish sello; also Old Frisian and Middle High German sigel, German Siegel), from Latin sigillum "small picture, engraved figure, seal," diminutive of signum "mark, token" (see sign (n.)). An earlier borrowing directly from Latin is represented by Old English insigel. Technical use, "what prevents the escape of a gas or liquid" is from 1853.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Now start putting things together.

Seal = SEA + L
Sail = SAI + L

What does that mean? It means they built the words from older words, it would appear.

Does the word "Scythe" actually mean Sai-Psi-Sci ?

Sai, a seldom-used biblical spelling variant of scythe, an agricultural hand tool

According to this, it actually does mean that after you boil it down.

A scythe (/ˈsaɪð/ or /ˈsaɪθ/)[1] is an agricultural hand tool for mowing grass or reaping crops. It was largely replaced by horse-drawn and then tractor machinery, but is still used in some areas of Europe and Asia. The Grim Reaper and the Greek Titan Cronus are often depicted carrying or wielding a scythe.

Look at the Greek Letters:
SAI + Theta (TH)
Theta represents death or harvest as well. Interesting isn't it?

SAI + Death = Scythe the Reaper's Sickle

"Scythe" derives from Old English siðe.[1] In Middle English and after it was usually spelt sithe or sythe. However, in the 15th century some writers began to use the sc- spelling as they thought (wrongly) the word was related to the Latin scindere (meaning "to cut").[2] Nevertheless, the sithe spelling lingered and notably appears in Noah Webster's dictionaries.[3][4]

Notice that the current Wiki article is actually somewhat incorrect here.

Scindere and Scythe and Sithe are all intimately related through PSI.
These posts in this thread should easily reveal those connections.

Now you know what the SITH Lords of Star Wars are actually based on. The Reaper with the Sithe/Scythe/Sickle.
Scythe Lords.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier about Siam (Thailand), the city of Saigon.

Sài Gòn
An etymology of Sài Gòn is that Sài is a Sino-Vietnamese word (Hán tự: 柴) meaning "firewood, lops, twigs; palisade", while Gòn is another Sino-Vietnamese word (Hán tự: 棍) meaning "stick, pole, bole", and whose meaning evolved into "cotton" in Vietnamese (bông gòn, literally "cotton stick", i.e., "cotton plant", then shortened to gòn). This name may refer to the many kapok plants that the Khmer people had planted around Prey Nokor, and which can still be seen at Cây Mai temple and surrounding areas. It may also refer to the dense and tall forest that once existed around the city, a forest to which the Khmer name, Prey Nokor, already referred.[11]

Other proposed etymologies draw parallels from Tai-Ngon (堤 岸), the Cantonese name of Cholon, which means "embankment" (French: quais),[nb 2] and Vietnamese Sai Côn, a translation of the Khmer Prey Nokor (Khmer: ព្រៃនគរ). Prey means forest or jungle, and nokor is a Khmer word of Sanskrit origin meaning city or kingdom, and related to the English word 'Nation' — thus, "forest city" or "forest kingdom".[nb 3]

Saigon = Taingon?
So Taiwan and Taipei is a hidden Sai?
Possibly will keep digging...

The NAVY SEALS use the SEAL Trident insignia

The Special Warfare insignia consists of a golden eagle clutching a U.S. Navy anchor, trident, and flintlock style pistol. The decoration is considered a "successor badge" to the obsolete Underwater Demolition Badge.

Anchors is a very interesting hidden Trident icon. Will get to that soon as I intended to a long time ago but never got around to it.

Going a bit off the tracks here for a moment to link a few other cool things:
Mid-Autumn Festival
Chang'e
Chang'e the Goddess? I'll call her Change, as in the changing one with pockets full of change.

Link to Taiwan

Now check this out:
The Tsou People of Taiwan appear very similar to the Sioux of America.

Tsou youth, pre-1945

The Tsou and the Sioux?
Gotta be kidding me!

edit on 16-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ok let's check out Anchors for a few moments since it is important.

An anchor is a device normally made of metal, that is used to connect a vessel to the bed of a body of water to prevent the craft from drifting due to wind or current. The word derives from Latin ancora, which itself comes from the Greek ἄγκυρα (ankura).[1][2]

Anchors can either be temporary or permanent. A permanent anchor is used in the creation of a mooring, and is rarely moved; a specialist service is normally needed to move or maintain it. Vessels carry one or more temporary anchors, which may be of different designs and weights.

A sea anchor is a drogue, not in contact with the seabed, used to control a drifting vessel.

This one can connect a lot of other stuff.
For example:

Anchors achieve holding power either by "hooking" into the seabed, or via sheer mass, or a combination of the two.

It's the Hidden Hook. It bring's stability and aids in weathering the rough winds of life.

Look through the wiki and check out many of the photographs, note that the anchor has changed a lot over time and there are many formats.

anchorage (n.)
mid-14c., "toll or charge for anchoring" (see anchor (v.) + -age. Meaning "act of dropping anchor, being at anchor" is from 1610s; that of "place suitable for anchoring" is from 1706. The Alaska city of Anchorage was founded 1914.

So Anchorage Alaska literally means "A good place to drop anchor" in the modern sense of the terminology.

anchor (n.)
Old English ancor, borrowed 9c. from Latin ancora "anchor," from or cognate with Greek ankyra "anchor, hook" (see ankle). A very early borrowing and said to be the only Latin nautical term used in the Germanic languages. The -ch- form emerged late 16c., a pedantic imitation of a corrupt spelling of the Latin word. The figurative sense of "that which gives stability or security" is from late 14c. Meaning "host or presenter of a TV or radio program" is from 1965, short for anchorman.

anchor (v.)
c.1200, from anchor (n.). Related: Anchored; anchoring.

anchorman (n.)
"last man of a tug-of-war team," 1909, from anchor + man (n.). Later, "one who runs last in a relay race" (1934). Transferred sense "host or presenter of a TV or radio program" is from 1958.

So anchorman = the guy anchoring the 'show'.

How about this?

angora (n.)
type of wool, 1810, from Angora, city in central Turkey (ancient Ancyra, modern Ankara), which gave its name to the goat (1745 in English), and to its silk-like wool, and to a cat whose fur resembles it (1771 in English). The city name is from the Greek word for "anchor, bend" (see angle (n.)).

So the City name Ankara is actually from Greek Anchor/Bend (See Angle it says).

Anchor comes from Ankle, it says we should look that up next.

ankle (n.)
Old English ancleow "ankle," from PIE root *ang-/*ank- "to bend" (see angle (n.)). The modern form seems to have been influenced by Old Norse ökkla or Old Frisian ankel, which are immediately from the Proto-Germanic form of the root (cf. Middle High German anke "joint," German Enke "ankle"); the second element in the Old English, Old Norse and Old Frisian forms perhaps suggests claw (cf. Dutch anklaauw), or it may be from influence of cneow "knee," or it may be diminutive suffix -el. Middle English writers distinguished inner ankle projection (hel of the ancle) from the outer (utter or utward).

Ank and Anc come from Ang/Ank which means "Bend", see "Angle".

angle (v.1)
"to fish with a hook," mid-15c., from Old English angel (n.) "angle, hook, fishhook," related to anga "hook," from PIE *ang-/*ank- "to bend" (see angle (n.)). Cf. Old English angul, Old Norse öngull, Old High German angul, German Angel "fishhook." Figurative sense is recorded from 1580s.
It is but a sory lyfe and an yuell to stand anglynge all day to catche a fewe fisshes. [John Palsgrave, 1530]
Related: Angled; angling.

Fishing = Angling , comes from OE "ANGEL".
German "ANGEL" = Fish Hook

Holy Spear-It = Trident = ANGEL = Fishing Hook
And what is an "Angel"? The Harpy playing with the Harpoon of course.

And of course we have the Angles (Anglos)

Angle
member of a Teutonic tribe, Old English, from Latin Angli "the Angles," literally "people of Angul" (Old Norse Öngull), a region in what is now Holstein, said to be so-called for its hook-like shape (see angle (n.)). People from the tribe there founded the kingdoms of Mercia, Northumbia, and East Anglia in 5c. Britain. Their name, rather than that of the Saxons or Jutes, may have become the common one for the whole group of Germanic tribes because their dialect was the first committed to writing.

So does this mean England is the Land of the Anglers?
England has been a great naval power so it does seem fitting.

angle (n.)
"space between intersecting lines," late 14c., from Old French angle "angle, corner," and directly from Latin angulus "an angle, corner," a diminutive form from PIE root *ang-/*ank- "to bend" (cf. Greek ankylos "bent, crooked," Latin ang(u)ere "to compress in a bend, fold, strangle;" Old Church Slavonic aglu "corner;" Lithuanian anka "loop;" Sanskrit ankah "hook, bent," angam "limb;" Old English ancleo "ankle;" Old High German ango "hook"). Angle bracket is 1875 in carpentry; 1956 in typography.

Angle and Ankle are directly related.
And this is where we get the terminology "Anchor".

What is the Egyptian Ankh than?

The ankh (/ˈæŋk/ or /ˈɑːŋk/; Egyptian IPA: [*ʕaːnax][citation needed]; U+2625 ☥ or U+132F9 𓋹), also known as key of life, the key of the Nile or crux ansata (Latin meaning "cross with a handle"), was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "life", a triliteral sign for the consonants ꜥ-n-ḫ.

ankh (n.)
tau cross with an oval at the top, Egyptian symbol of life, 1873, from Egyptian ankh, literally "life, soul." Also known as crux ansata.

Tau Cross = T for Theos/God (Time, Theta, Taoism, etc)

Tau is a hidden Chi (X) as both are 90degree angle symbols.
Chi is the Qi of Taoism, which means the same thing the Ankh does "life or spirit".

The T is an upside down Trident representing Trinity concepts.

Similar to the Chi Rho, which describes a rotating X, this Ankh figure seems to represent the combination of "Angular Rotation" with the "90 degree square" which indicates the Ankh is likely a precursor to iconography like the ChiRho.

So Ankh = Circle Rotate + T
Chi Rho = Circle Rotate + X

Why do they call the Ankh the "KEY OF LIFE"?
QI/CHI means Life, and is the X or 90 degree square grid.

So Ankh is the Anchor, the Qi.

Also another interesting interpretation that is directly related:
The Circle represents the Void-Abyss Hole.
The T represents the rays of light.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Continuing with the Ankh...

A symbol similar to the ankh appears frequently in Minoan and Mycenaean sites. This is a combination of the sacral knot (symbol of holiness) with the double-edged axe (symbol of matriarchy)[5] but it can be better compared with the Egyptian tyet which is similar. This symbol can be recognized on the two famous figurines of the chthonian Snake Goddess discovered in the palace of Knossos. Both snake goddesses have a knot with a projecting loop cord between their breasts.[6] In the Linear B (Mycenean Greek) script, ankh is the phonetic sign za.[7]

Minoan Snake Goddess wiki

Both goddesses have a knot with a projecting looped cord between their breasts. Evans noticed that these are analogous to the sacral knot, a name given by him to a knot with a loop of fabric above and sometimes fringed ends hanging down below. Numerous such symbols in ivory, faience, painted in frescoes or engraved in seals sometimes combined with the symbol of the double-edged axe or labrys which was the most important Minoan religious symbol. [15] Such symbols were found in Minoan and Mycenaean sites. It is believed that the sacral knot was the symbol of holiness on human figures or cult-objects. [16] Its combination with the double-axe can be compared with the Egyptian ankh (eternal life), or with the tyet (welfare/life) a symbol of Isis (the knot of Isis).[17]

Ok now I am back to Knot from Ankh.

Roman Isis holding a sistrum and oinochoe and wearing a garment tied with a characteristic knot, from the time of Hadrian (117–138 CE)

Oenochoe

Oenochoai typically have only one handle at the back and may include a trefoil pouring spout.

Trident styled Water Jug of the sorts.

Tyet aka Knot of Isis
Very closely resembles the Ankh - Trident.
In fact, it's almost dead on with the USB Port Trident Symbol on our computer hardware.

What is the Labrys ?
The double headed ax and hammer are intimately related as well, so the Labrys is akin to Mjolnir.

The two blades represent the two faces of the Godhead, and the 'hidden third' point is the actual staff-pole the ax is placed upon.

And don't forget from earlier, we went over "Axle - Axis - Atlas" connections.
Take that into account with "Ax".

So we have the Fasci which is said to represent fascism.
But what does it really mean?

fasces (n.)
1590s, from Latin fasces "bundle of rods containing an axe with the blade projecting" (plural of fascis "bundle" of wood, etc.), perhaps from PIE *bhasko- "band, bundle" (cf. Middle Irish basc "neckband," Welsh baich "load, burden," Old English bæst "inner bark of the linden tree"). Carried before a lictor, a superior Roman magistrate, as a symbol of power over life and limb: the sticks symbolized punishment by whipping, the axe head execution by beheading.

Baest?
That's got me back to Bast keywords , Baste, Bastion, Bask, etc.

During the 19th century, the bundle of rods, in Latin called fasces and in Italian fascio, came to symbolize strength through unity, the point being that whilst each independent rod was fragile, as a bundle they were strong. These principles, which were staples in American indentity, were adopted by the U.S. Congress.

Although little is known about the Etruscans, a few artifacts have been found showing a thin bundle of rods surrounding a two-headed axe.[3] Fasces-symbolism might derive—via the Etruscans—from the eastern Mediterranean, with the labrys, the Anatolian and Minoan double-headed axe, later incorporated into the praetorial fasces. There is little archaeological evidence.[4]

By the time of the Roman Republic, the fasces had evolved into a thicker bundle of birch rods, sometimes surrounding a single-headed axe and tied together with a red leather ribbon into a cylinder. On certain special occasions, the fasces might be decorated with a laurel wreath.

The symbolism of the fasces suggested strength through unity; a single rod is easily broken, while the bundle is very difficult to break. The axe represented the power over life or death through the death penalty, although after the laws of the twelve tables, no Roman magistrate could summarily execute a Roman citizen.[5]

So they claim to lack evidence, but clearly they say that it appears the Fasci may actually indeed derive from the Labrys.

Which is associated with what? Anchors, Sistrums, Ankhs, Trident, Trefoil, etc etc etc.

The Fasces is really complex so we can come back to that later for more.

Also note this about the ancient Hurrian Deity Teshub

Teshub is depicted holding a triple thunderbolt and a weapon, usually an axe (often double-headed) or mace. The sacred bull common throughout Anatolia was his signature animal, represented by his horned crown or by his steeds Seri and Hurri, who drew his chariot or carried him on their backs.

Triple Thunderbolt = Trident (Holy Spear-It)
Ax/Axe or Mace interchangeable.

I am gonna take a break and come back to post more later, possibly more turtle stuff for the other thread since it fits a lot better over there.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

swordwords

Muzzleflash,

Many of the ideas that you express here fall in line with my own research, however, I have been working on finding deeper meanings. Since many of your ideas are tied to phonetic similarities between words, it appears that you recognize what I refer to as the “Philosopher’s Lisp” which is related to the alteration of letters and syllables to disguise words. If you have not read it already, you should read Plato’s Cratylus because it adds credibility to your approach and may also give you some useful leads. (Note that “Cratylus” is phonetically similar to the Latin “cratalis” from which the word “grail” is thought to be derived.)

It might also help you to know that water = writings.

Thank you very much for that tip.

I will be finding a copy of this work asap and delving in.

I really appreciate your assistance in aiding me to learn more about this crazy world.
Will let you know what I think after I check it out.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I feel I need to respond to this one because of my user name.

the thing about the ocean is that all rivers end there. All the temporal journeys of life have a final destination, a final resting place. All these passing identities - lawyer, parent, soldier, hobo, conspiracy dude, these all fade away in the goodness of time, and what we are left with is the eternal. Our little trip down the river of life ends at the destination of the fundamental reality, ends at the ocean, ends with God.

We can talk all we want want academically about the Greek pantheon, but I think to see it as the Greeks did, coming from a monotheistic society, we need to not think in terms of gods but in terms of aspects of God. So through that lens, we can approach Neptune as the aspect of God which is the final end of life's journey, the joining with the everlasting ocean in which we can all find a unity, despite how separate and distant we were on our life journey. Its the coming home where you can relax so much you lose yourself, you disappear into an ocean of peace and love. Its a good good thing to know this force.

Of course as a thinker, the OP connects many aspects of life to this archetype, and they are for the most part insightful to me. PSI is good. Po-Psi-Dawn. That's the name. Psi isn't just intellect, its the deeper more terrifying powers of our own minds, the depths. The things we don't know we know. The murky and unseen places where we go fishing for our deepest insights, and risk losing ourselves beneath the depths in so doing. But knowing its all aspects of God, its good to remember that we don't need to catch big fish, there's nothing wrong with just being that old man who knows the sea, and spends time sitting on the edge enjoying the sea, without giving things names.

This force needs no invocation, it is what is left behind when invocation dies. It ancient, the ancestor of all things invoked. Genius comes from seeking to get something out of it, but you'll never approach it by seeking genius. Rather, to get close to it, it calls us all to turn off our minds, relax and float downstream...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Anchor What?
Nah, I'm talking about Angkor Wat.

Angkor Wat (Khmer: អង្គរវត្ត) is a Hindu, then subsequently Buddhist temple complex in Cambodia and the largest religious monument in the world. The temple was built by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century in Yasodharapura (Khmer: យសោធរបុរៈ, present-day Angkor), the capital of the Khmer Empire, as his state temple and eventual mausoleum. Breaking from the Shaivism tradition of previous kings, Angkor Wat was instead dedicated to Vishnu.

Here is some debate snippets over the disputed etymology:

I remember hearing somewhere that the word "Angkor" means "High Place". I saw on the page for the branch of the Khmer Rouge, The Angkar, that the word means "High Organization". Is there some connection?

In my language (Thai), which inherited a great deal of word roots from Khmer, Pali and Sanskrit, 'ankor' is 'nakhon', which means 'city' and is believed to have the same root from the word 'nokor' (Pali) or 'naga' (Sanskrit) as stated in the article. However, I doubt it if the word 'wat' is from 'vatthu' as acclaimed in the article. Vatthu is a Pali word that means 'a thing or property of something'. In Thai, 'wat' generally means Buddhist temple and is believed to have come from the Buddhist Pali word 'vatva' which means a place to discuss Dhamma, or 'vatta', which means duty of monks, i.e. meditation.

ndeed you are correct about the etymology of "wat". I broke out my dusty old Khmer dictionary and my Pali dictionaries just to provide a reference for the changes (that I just made to the article).
Well, Pali is very flexible in nature and the interpretation can vary a lot according to context and prefixes and suffixes. I am not an expert in this ancient language. I'm only familiar with their uses in the Thai language. I don't know about their uses in Khmer or other contexts. Thank you for your efforts in clarifying this. -- Passerby2012 (talk) 09:00, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
Upon further reflection, "wat" could indeed be derived from Pali vattu as used in vatthu-ārāma meaning property of a temple (ārāma also has cognates in Thai, อาราม, and Khmer, អារាម), which actually makes more sense, but my Khmer dictionary gives vatta as the etymology.

Wiki for that

Link to City of Angkor

Baphuon

The Baphuon (Khmer: ប្រាសាទបាពួន) is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia. It is located in Angkor Thom, northwest of the Bayon. Built in the mid-11th century, it is a three-tiered temple mountain built as the state temple of Udayadityavarman II dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva.

Angkor Thom

Kurma myths

Ok so here we have Temples to Shiva and Vishnu.
Shiva = Siva = Hiva myths.

Is it a coincidence that we have a God with a Trident colored Blue, and a temple site named Angkor?

Wouldn't the word "Anchor" be perfect for a Temple Site in the first place? Since the idea is that it serves as a "Spiritual Anchor", for better or for worse.

Also notice that we have related terms that also indicate "location" or "place".

So although it's seemingly tenuous at first, I believe that with further research connecting Angkor with Anchor will be fairly reasonable. I am not sure where to start though as it's quite difficult.

They did note that nokor/naga would be a good place to look, so I'll go there and see what can be found.

naga (n.)
in Hindu mythology, race of serpent demons, offspring of Kaduru, guardians of the under-regions; 1785, from Sanskrit naga "serpent, snake," of unknown origin

Nagasaki
Japanese city, named for its situation, from naga "long" + saki "headland, promontory."

nail (n.)
Old English negel "metal pin," nægl "fingernail (handnægl), toenail," from Proto-Germanic *naglaz (cf. Old Norse nagl "fingernail," nagli "metal nail;" Old Saxon and Old High German nagel, Old Frisian neil, Middle Dutch naghel, Dutch nagel, German Nagel "fingernail, small metal spike"), from PIE root *(o)nogh "nail" (cf. Greek onyx "claw, fingernail;" Latin unguis "nail, claw;" Old Church Slavonic noga "foot," noguti "nail, claw;" Lithuanian naga "hoof," nagutis "fingernail;" Old Irish ingen, Old Welsh eguin "nail, claw").

Aha! Nail = Noga (Foot) Naga (Hoof)
So consider the multitude of associations worldwide with "Long + Snake" and "Foot", in the sense of "Nailing the Foot".
So the Snake bites the Ankle---Maybe this is where Angkor comes from?
Ankle / Angle / Anchor
Snake biting Foot

Snake biting it's own Foot = Ouroboros (Guardian of Knowledge)

There we go, I believe this is the best translation for Angkor = "Snake Nailing Ankle" or maybe just "Snake Ankle - Angle" or possibly even "Anchored Snake"?
If I find something better than that I'll add it in addition to or contesting this.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

tridentblue

I feel I need to respond to this one because of my user name.

the thing about the ocean is that all rivers end there.

Peace.

Haha! I was wondering when you would show up Tridentblue!
Since this threads all about your avatar it's only fitting you wade over.

Thanks for your post you brought up some really good ideas, especially about "Rivers".
That's undoubtedly a gold mine and I should look more into that, I was even thinking about it earlier so it's a neat coincidence you brought it up.

That's two incidents in one day so I should really dive into the "River" theme soon.

Maybe I can start getting my feet wet with "Sion - Zion" since I mentioned 'Orion as the Lion of Sion'.

Zion (Hebrew: ציון‎), also transliterated Sion, Tzion or Tsion, is a place name often used as a synonym for Jerusalem.[1][2] The word is first found in Samuel II, 5:7 dating to c.630–540 BCE according to modern scholarship. It commonly referred to a specific mountain near Jerusalem (Mount Zion), on which stood a Jebusite fortress of the same name that was conquered by David and was named the City of David. The term Tzion came to designate the area of Jerusalem where the fortress stood, and later became a metonym for Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, the city of Jerusalem and generally, the World to Come.
In Kabbalah the more esoteric reference is made to Tzion[3] being the spiritual point from which reality emerges, located in the Holy of Holies of the First, Second and Third Temple.

Zion = Axis Mundi = Abyss Hole where Light/Material Manifests

The etymology of the word Zion (ṣiyôn) is uncertain.[1][2][4] Mentioned in the Bible in the Book of Samuel (2 Samuel 5:7) as the name of the Jebusite fortress conquered by King David, its origin likely predates the Israelites.[1][2] If Semitic, it may be derived from the Hebrew root ṣiyyôn ("castle") or the Hebrew ṣiyya ("dry land," Jeremiah 51:43). A non-Semitic relationship to the Hurrian word šeya ("river" or "brook") has also been suggested.[4]

Zion/Sion/Tzion = God

"The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcast of Israel.
Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Tzion." (Psalms 147:2,12)

God = Jerusalem

Zion is the Hebrew name for the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and was the seat of the first and second Holy Temple.

Zion = The "Place", the "Site/Spot"

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Temple of God = You
Zion / Axis Mundi = You

The Kaaba in Mecca was also called Sahyun or Zion by Muhammed, the prophet of Islam.[11] Islamic scholarship sees many passages of the Bible that refer to the desert or eschatological Zion as references to the holy site of Mecca.[12] For example, the reference to the "precious cornerstone" of the new Jerusalem in the Book of Isaiah 28:16 is identified in Islamic scholarship as the cornerstone of the Kaaba.[12] This interpretation is said by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyah (1292–1350) to have come from the People of the Book, though earlier Christian scholarship identifies the cornerstone with Jesus.[12]

Kaaba (Chest of God) = Zion = You

In the New Testament the Daughter of Zion is the bride of Christ, also known as the Church, according to the writer of the book of Hebrews (see Heb 12:22).

You again.

Matthew 6:22 ESV

“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,

Indeed.

Sion disambiguation
Scion disambiguation
Sioni disambig
Syon disambig

There are tons of locations and temples etc, named after this in many variants.

In the Rastafari movement, "Zion" stands for a utopian place of unity, peace and freedom, as opposed to "Babylon", the oppressing and exploiting system of the materialistic modern world and a place of evil.[15][15]

Rastafari
Ra - Star - Far - Eye

Haile Selassie I

Haile Selassie I (Ge'ez: ቀዳማዊ ኃይለ ሥላሴ qädamawi haylä səllasé[nb 1]; Amharic: [ha.ɪlɜ sɨlːase][nb 2] About this sound listen (help·info)) (23 July 1892 – 27 August 1975), born Tafari Makonnen Woldemikael,[4] was Ethiopia's regent from 1916 to 1930 and Emperor of Ethiopia from 1930 to 1974. He was the heir to a dynasty that traced its origins by tradition from King Solomon and Queen Makeda, Empress of Axum, known in the Abrahamic tradition as the Queen of Sheba. Haile Selassie is a defining figure in both Ethiopian and African history.[5][6]

Shift gears again, let's check out the Igbo peoples of Nigeria.

Throughout histroic text Igbo people have been more commonly referred to as either Iboe, Ebo(e),[17][18][19] Eboans,[20] or Heebo,[21] in addition their land has been referred to as the Eboe Country.

Ebony = Dark / Black obviously.

Diospyros or Ebony Tree

The generic name Diospyros comes from the ancient Greek words "Dios" (διός) and "pyros" (πυρος). In context this means more or less "divine fruit" or "divine food", though its literal meaning is more like "Wheat of Zeus".[2][3] The interpretation of Diospyros is however sufficiently confusing to have given rise to some curious and inappropriate interpretations such as "God's pear" and Jove's fire". The name Diospyros was originally applied to the Caucasian Persimmon (D. lotus).

And Ebonite is apparently a rubber substitute for ebony.

Now check out some of these amazing parallels we find in this culture!

Chukwu

Chukwu is the infinitely powerful, undefinable, indefinable, absolute supreme deity encompassing everything in space and space itself, in traditional Igbo spiritual belief system and Igbo mythology. Linguistic studies suggest that the name "Chukwu" or "Chukouuee" is a portmanteau of the Igbo words "Chi" ("spiritual being") and "Ukwu" ("great in size").[citation needed] In the Igbo pantheon, Chukwu is where the source other Igbo deities originate from and are assigned different tasks. The Igbo people believe that all things come from Chukwu including the deities who brings the rains necessary for plants to grow and controls everything on earth and the spiritual world.

Chi = Spirit Being or "Force" in this language too?
That would be unbelievable, except that it's a fact and scientific theory predicted it would be here in some form or fashion.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Continuing...

Chukwu combines the concept of creator of deities for all we know and are aware of including the concept of a solar deity. According to the Igbo people from the eastern region of Nigeria, Chineke is the creator of the world and everything good in it. This God is also responsible for rain, trees, and other plants. Chukwu is a supreme God represented by the sun. The ancient God is not humanized in Igbo tradition belief. Because the igbo deities Amadioha and Ikenga are masculine, Chukwu is assumed to be male. Colonialism brought Christianity to Igbo people which challenged and sought to change this belief, but still remains a dominant traditional belief in Igbo people. Many Igbo Christians now refer to the Christian God as Chukwu.[1] The Igbo believe it is impossible for humans to conceive of the unlimited power of Chukwu. The Igbo creative God "Chineke" has its source in Chukwu. Linguistically, "Chineke" is formed from the Igbo words "Chi" and "eke" ("spirit and creator"). Many Igbo dialects refer to God as "Olisa," "Orisa," and "Obasi," depending on geography.[2]

They even call Chineke = ORISA?
That's Orion Rising! Also called Osiris.

There are five aspects of Chukwu:

Chukwu is the first force, and existence of all beings living or not, time, and place are offsprings. God is God, no earth-bound people is perfect or god-like.

Anyanwu-Symbolic meaning of the sun. The sun is everywhere, therefore Chukwu is everywhere. The sun is all powerful. The sun reveals everything so Chukwu is the source of knowledge, and the author of all knowledge.

Chukwu means Agbala which is the fertility of Earth, its people, and its spiritual world full of sub-deities under Chukwu (or Chukouuee) the supreme God.

Chi, a sub-deity functioning as a personal spiritual guidance of a person manifested in the power and ability to look over all living beings.

Okike (Chukwu the supreme God) created laws that govern the visible and invisible. Laws are neither good nor bad, they are simple laws that enable things to work.[3]

Ibo Loa

Ibo loa or Igbo loa, are a type of loa, of African origin, revered in Haiti.[1] These loa are linked to the Igbo people.[2] They are considered to be both stern and gentle, while the Petro or Vodou loa tend to be one or the other respectively.[3]

So here we have a connection to Haiti.
These folks connect all over.

Like Allah = Ala (Odinani Igbo)

Ala (also known as Ani, Ana, Ale, and Ali in varying Igbo dialects) is the female Alusi (deity) of the earth, morality, fertility and creativity in Odinani.

Ala = Ali = Allah = Ale = Alilat

Ala's messenger and living agent on earth is the python (Igbo: éké), which is especially revered in many Igbo communities.

Ala is also responsible for many aspects of Igbo society, and guardianship of women and children in general. She is often depicted with a small child in her arms and her symbol is the crescent moon. It is believed that the souls of the dead reside in her sacred womb. All in the community have to respect Ala as everybody lives on ala, the earth. It was sometimes believed that Ala could swallow you up into the underground.

Guardian, Snake messenger, Symbolized as Woman holding Child, also as Crescent Moon.
ALLAH!
In Nigeria out of no where!

Odinani
Odinani? What's up with this?
Odin - funny coincidence??

Ọdinani, also Ọdinala, Omenala,Omenana, Odinana or Ọmenani is the traditional cultural beliefs and practices of the Igbo people[1] of West Africa.

This is Traditional Culture deep in Africa.

Odinani is a monotheistic[2] and panentheistic faith, having a strong central deity at its head. All things spring from this deity.

So it's Monotheism and Polytheism wrapped into One, just like every other religion!
But here it becomes even more apparent and obvious.

This part gets a little into Etymology of the name, but I'd personally like to know more.

Like all religions, Odinani is the vehicle used by its practitioners to understand their World (called "Uwa"), or more specifically, the part of the World that affects them — which is to say the dry Land on which the Igbo live and gather sustenance — and it is from this that the belief acquires its names: "Ọ di" (Igbo: it is ) + n'(na - Igbo: on/within) + "Ani" (Igbo: the Land or the Earth goddess) in the Northern Igbo dialects and also "O me" (Igbo: it happens ) + n'(na - Igbo: on/within) + "Ala" (Igbo: the Land or the physical manifestation of the Earth goddess as dry land) as used primarily in the Southern Igbo dialects.[4] Chukwu, as the central deity and driving force in the cosmos is unknowable, and too great of a power to be approached directly save by the manifestations that exist on the World (the Land, the Skies, and the Sea). Thus, Odinani rarely deals directly with the force that is Chukwu. Many other spirits and forces also exist in Odinani belief and folklore.[3]

Here is a little about their customs in cuisine:

The yam is very important to the Igbo as it is their staple crop. There are celebrations such as the New yam festival (Igbo: Iwaji) which are held for the harvesting of the yam.[5] During the festival yam is eaten throughout the communities as celebration. Yam tubers are shown off by individuals as a sign of success and wealth.[145] Rice has replaced yam for ceremonial occasions. Other foods include cassava, garri, maize and plantains. Soups or stews are included in a typical meal, prepared with a vegetable (such as okra, of which the word derives from the Igbo language, Okwuru)[146] to which pieces of fish, chicken, beef, or goat meat are added. Jollof rice is popular throughout West Africa.[147] Palm wine is a popular alcoholic beverage among the Igbo.[148]

New Yam Festival of Igbo

Traditionally, the role of eating the first yam is performed by the oldest man in the community or the king (igwe).[3][4] This man also offers the yams to god, deities and ancestors.[2]

Palm oil (mmanu nri) is used to eat the yam.

Yam Vegetable

And of course the Yam is the Tuber, as in Tube. Circle of Life, Wheel of Time.
The Tubal Cain, or better yet:

Yam of Egyptian Mythology

Yam was the god of the sea, and became popular in the Ancient Egyptian times. Yam, from the Canaanite word Yam, (Hebrew ים) meaning "Sea", also written "Yaw", is one name of the Ugaritic god of Rivers and Sea.

Yaw is the "MAW"

maw (mô)
n.
1. The mouth, stomach, jaws, or gullet of a voracious animal, especially a carnivore.
2. The opening into something felt to be insatiable: "I saw the opening maw of hell" (Herman Melville).

It represents the Abyss of God.
Maw also means "Ma" as in Mother.
The Womb or Opening where we all come from.

Cool stuff right? There is tons more in this particular group, well worth investigating in depth.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
See how these words literally connect?

The Maw is also the "Jaw", because that is where God's Speech emanates from.
God's Speech being Light or Materialization.

This is also the hidden motif behind the famous "Jaws" shark films.
Go back and check the iconography and symbolism again.

Now let's discuss the Igbo Jews, who are African Jews like the Lemba tribe.

Igbo Jews are members of the Igbo people of Nigeria who practice Judaism. Most claim descent from ancient Israelite migrants into Nigeria.

Certain Nigerian communities with Judaic practices have been receiving help from individual Israelis and American Jews who work in Nigeria, out-reach organizations like the American Kulanu, and African-American Jewish communities in America. Jews from outside Nigeria founded two synagogues in Nigeria, which are attended and maintained by Igbos. Because no formal census has been taken in the region, the number of Igbo in Nigeria who identify as either Israelites or Jews is not known. There are currently 26 synagogues of various sizes. In 2008 an estimated 30,000 Igbos were practicing some form of Judaism.[1

Ok now check out some of these claims:

An early (and widely influential) statement of this point of view came from an Igbo man, Olaudah Equiano, a Christian-educated freed slave who remarked in his autobiography of 1789 on
"the strong analogy which... appears to prevail in the manners and customs of my countrymen and those of the Jews, before they reached the Land of Promise, and particularly the patriarchs while they were yet in that pastoral state which is described in Genesis — an analogy, which alone would induce me to think that the one people had sprung from the other." For authoritative support, he gives reference to "Dr. Gill, who, in his commentary on Genesis, very ably deduces the pedigree of the Africans from Afer and Afra, the descendants of Abraham....[3]

And this explains some of their practices.

Religious practices of the Igbo Jews include circumcision eight days after the birth of a male child, observance of kosher dietary laws, separation of men and women during menstruation, wearing of the tallit and kippah, and the celebration of holidays such as Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah. In recent times, the communities have also adopted holidays such as Hanukkah[10] and Purim,[11] which were instituted only after many of the tribes of Israel had already dispersed from the homeland.

I realize some claim they aren't authentic Jews, but I have serious doubts about their criticism.
With all of the connections all over, with the Yam festival and all that, it's clear to me that the connections with ancient Egypt-Eithiopia-Nubia and the Levant region are far too strong and ingrained into overall Igbo society to claim they are purely indigenous. It's disingenuous at best.

Here is another detailed link on Jews and Judaism in Africa, well worth taking a look through.

The most ancient communities of African Jews known to the Western world are the Ethiopian, Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews of North and Middle Africa.

Largely unknown in the West until quite recently are communities of the African Jews such as the Lemba (located in present-day Malawi, Zimbabwe, and northern South Africa). Some among the Igbo of Nigeria, the Annang/Efik/Ibibio of Akwa Ibom State and Cross River State of Nigeria, Cameroon, and Equatorial Guinea) claim descent from East Africa and Jews in Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and Egypt, which were trading partners from ancient times.

Jews are everywhere, and they are of all colors/creeds.

Here is a link to Judaism in East Asia
See also Kaifeng Jews

And since I am talking about Jews leaving Egypt, I should also link to this wiki which I was reading that I found quite interesting:
Sukkah
and Sukkah City a competition

During the holiday, some Jews recite the ushpizin prayer which symbolizes the welcoming of seven "exalted guests" into the sukkah. These ushpizin, or guests, represent the seven shepherds of Israel: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Joseph and David.

Guest = Geist = Ghost
7 Ghosts

ghost (n.)
Old English gast "soul, spirit, life, breath; good or bad spirit, angel, demon," from Proto-Germanic *ghoizdoz (cf. Old Saxon gest, Old Frisian jest, Middle Dutch gheest, Dutch geest, German Geist "spirit, ghost"), from PIE root *gheis- "to be excited, amazed, frightened"

guest (n.)
Old English gæst, giest (Anglian gest) "guest; enemy; stranger," the common notion being "stranger," from Proto-Germanic *gastiz (cf. Old Frisian jest, Dutch gast, German Gast, Gothic gasts "guest," originally "stranger"), from PIE root *ghosti- "strange"

Guest PIE root is "Ghosti", isn't that 'strange' ?

(cf. Latin hostis "enemy," hospes "host" -- from *hosti-potis "host, guest," originally "lord of strangers" -- Greek xenos "guest, host, stranger;" Old Church Slavonic gosti "guest, friend," gospodi "lord, master").

Spelling evolution influenced by Old Norse cognate gestr (the usual sound changes from the Old English word would have yielded Modern English *yest). Phrase be my guest in the sense of "go right ahead" first recorded 1955.

"Host" is also a common term.
We also have "Xenos" meaning stranger.

Gestr? Yest? = Jester

jester (n.)
mid-14c., jestour (Anglo-Latin), late 14c., gestour "a minstrel, professional reciter of romances," agent noun from gesten "recite a tale," which was a jester's original function (see jest). Sense of "buffoon in a prince's court" is from c.1500.

jest (n.)
early 13c., geste, "narrative of exploits," from Old French geste "action, exploit," from Latin gesta "deeds," neuter plural of gestus, past participle of gerere "to carry, behave, act, perform" (see gest). Sense descended through "idle tale" (late 15c.) to "mocking speech, raillery" (1540s) to "joke" (1550s).

So the Jester is a Guest in the Royal Court, as long as he entertains.
If he cannot do that, he is no longer a Jester/Guest.

Anyways I'm getting off track here, I'll take a break and come back later with something cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join