It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video of Range Rover running over bikers in NYC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

An off-duty undercover NYPD cop was among the pack of bikers who chased a family up the West Side Highway — and he stood by as the dad was hauled from his car and beaten, sources told The Post.
The unidentified officer waited three days to come forward Wednesday night. He has been placed on modified duty and turned in his gun and badge on Friday, the sources said.

WTF man. That disturbs me and the waiting three days leads me to believe this guy was a participant. That along with there being a number of helmets matching his.

Check out how damaged that SUV is. Passenger window where the wife was sitting spiderwebbed, rear window smashed out, tire off the rim. Great advertising for Range Rovers.

I don't want to wish harm on anyone, but I sure wish jail time for those scumbag bikers.

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow..... modified duty? What the hell kinda crap is that? Though I guess it doesn't really surprise me these days....

Reginald Chance, 38, of Brooklyn — depicted in video using his chrome-colored helmet to bash in Lien’s driver’s-side window — was also in custody Friday awaiting charges

In the video you can clearly see him at least attempting to beat the guy through the hole with his helmet after he broke the window, can't tell if he connected or not though.
edit on Fri, 04 Oct 2013 22:24:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No, i watched the whole 6 min. n' change video on youtube, which shows, at the very beginning,the range stationary on the highway, surrounded by the bikers. Then 3 seconds into the video, he plows through the front end of bikers.

If there is another vid that i missed, direct me to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Clearly these supposed bikers instigated this whole incident, with full intention of intimidating the driver of the SUV, probably for some exaggerated slight, or mistake of the driver, as this gang surrounded his vehicle and his family like some hollywood movie.

I have seen several videos, and I would have turned my SUV into a killing machine, rather than let these thugs pull me out of the vehicle, and temp whatever fate remained for my wife and baby.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Here is what caused the whole mess, I slowed it down to 1/3 speed and magnified it.

That one you can see a bit better the guy trying to get into the truck.

Here is additional video of what this group was up to

No idea what is up with video 4 and 6, but they seem to work when I play them straight from my channel though.
edit on Sat, 05 Oct 2013 08:03:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

alien
reply to post by whatsup86

Unfortunately its rarely as simple as that.

As someone who has been in the position of having to make that choice...to kill or potentially be killed...the reality is you do whatever you have to do in order to survive.

Thankfully the assailant survived in my case. But I assure you their life was not my primary priority at the time...mine was.

If that assailant had died I certainly wouldn't consider myself a murderer.
I would consider myself fortunate to still be alive for others to judge me.

Murderer? Oh hell no! More like "victor".

This is planet Earth. On this planet the animals are dangerous, some want to eat you, and it is truly dog eat dog. Every day you wake you are not guaranteed another night of sleep. When another animal (even if that animal is human) seeks to make you the second "dog" in "dog eat dog", you either win or lose that fight. If you win, you likely will survive. If you lose, you likely will die.

That day, this was you:

NOT TODAY!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The second one is the very beginning of the video of the incident that was uploaded by the GOpro rider.

And i didn't even catch that at first! One of them actually does try to pry the door open, and then he floors it.

Too bad the ones who tried to open his door and who bashed his window weren't the ones rolled over.

Now we must ask, what happened to have the range stop, with the bikers surrounding them, and one f the bikers trying to open the door forcefully? That is what we don't see.

We can assume that the family in the range is less likely to start sh** than a group of bikers rolling 30+ deep, but we can't assume that anybody "started" anything.

Who knows, either side will not be telling the whole truth most likely.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think yes, we can assume that the guy outnumbered 30+ to 1 probably was not the one to start the event. This is just another example of a bully or bullies getting punched in the face and crying that they were only joking.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I magnified it to 2x or 3x, can't remember which, in after effects. I am sure someone that actually uses the program regularly could do a way better job than I did. We don't seem to have any video guys here, lots of us graphic guys.

What happened to make the RR stop is in the first video. Biker cuts him off and lets off the gas, gets tapped. So the dude stopped because it was an accident, he probably would have pulled off to the shoulder, but no way to do that with bikes on all sides.
edit on Sun, 06 Oct 2013 11:32:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

When the bikers forcefully stopped the SUV on the highway, that is when they crossed the line. Surrounding the vehicle qualifies as road rage. Everything the driver did after that was self defense.

The guy who got hurt, should sue the guy who started this, by stopping on the freeway in front of the SUV, without proper cause. The guy who pulled in front of the SUV has been accused of reckless driving. He is an immigrant, whose passport has been seized. Clearly the intent was to stop the SUV, why pull just inches, maybe a couple of feet, in front of the SUV and stop, which is what it looks like happened.

There must have been an incident before this took place that made Cruz, the guy who stopped in front of the SUV, to do what he did.

The guy who got injured is claiming that he wanted to help the people in the SUV. That could be an honest answer, and then he wound up getting seriously injured.

The driver of the SUV didn't get seriously injured, but the beating shows that he was justified in fleeing for his life, and his family.

Tragic incident based on emotional stupidity. It could have been worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

That would be really sad if it's true about the guy heading over to help and getting nailed. The bikers could have restrained the douche trying to get into the truck and avoided the whole thing. That is what I would do if I saw one of my riding buddies lose his # and start trying to attack someone.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Okay, watched it again, your right.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The guy that got run over doesn't even have a valid drivers license and never even applied for a motorcycle license. The off-duty cop runs with some real class acts.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I saw an interview on the news with the biker who started the whole thing ... the fella who slowed down in front of the SUV and forced the SUV to bump him. The biker claimed that he wasn't driving recklessly and he wasn't trying to provoke anything .. but the video proves the exact opposite.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How about the fact that the undercover cop that was present was riding with them? AND joined in the attack?

link

assclowns...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

They couldn't blow their cover. Granted, they shouldn't have been involved in the beatings...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Cover is one thing but joining in a beatdown of the truck is over the top. Besides, I am sure that he could have 'texted' something from where he was to alert the other LEO's in the area. There were 2 other officers riding in the crowd that day. He should have been a cop and not a wanna be Outlaw. These are not even real 'bikers'. Real bikers would eat asshats for dinner.

I believe he was working in an undercover capacity during the attack investigating the bikers but I have read whatever he was working on he was pulled from. More than likely because he was outed in the media.

What it also tells us is that these guys more than likely are involved with drugs/stolen bikes/etc and not just a hang on the weekend rice rocket group.

I wonder what would have happened if the guy in the SUV had opened fire? If it was me I would have when the first person struck my truck. I would have feared for the life of myself and family.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This was a great post, S&F. However, everyone is looking at the side of the SUV where the bikes get run over. I suggest you look at the driver-side closely while watching it net time. TO me, it seems like there is a biker at the driver window, pulling on something.....then the driver hits the gas. I wonder if someone tried to open the driver door, causing him to decide it was time to GTFO of there ASAP, screw the assholes that are threatening him.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

(CBS News) At least three off-duty police officers say they were part of a motorcycle group that was involved in a violent assault of an SUV driver last weekend in New York City.

It's unclear if the other two off-duty officers also witnessed the beating.

They will all be stripped of their guns and badges and have been placed on desk duty, pending an investigation.

www.cbsnews.com...

Possible misconduct for these officers since they did not report this for days. One is actually in internal affairs.

Edit:

I got the impression from the reporting that only one officer was under cover.
edit on 10/8/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

That's what it looked like to me as well, he was trying to yank the door open.
Cannot believe the asshole that broke the window next to the kid turns out to be a cop.....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join