It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video of Range Rover running over bikers in NYC

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

mahatche

He left the scene after running the guy over, If I was there I follow him on my bike. I don't blame the bikers at all, they weren't in the wrong at any point. The guy shouldn't have slowed down, but the driver of the ranger rover did more wrong. The guy who opened the door excitedly didn't help, but I know what adreniline and a need for justice does to a person.

Justice?

Not did any thing wrong?

Were you looking at the same video's as me?

The guy was being swarmed by bikers breaking every rule on the road, they initiated the attack, the guy swerves in font of the car and hits the brakes making it impossible to not him him, what happened then wasn't justice, they attacked the car and the people in the car?

At that point the only thing that had happened was the guy had tapped the back wheel of the bike which would not have happened if those blokes were riding in a safe and decent manner!

But did they try and talk to the man, NO, they started to wreck the car and intimidate the family...

Show me JUSTICE in that...

Yes the guy ran the bloke over, had the bikers been riding normally on a city road he might have been able to escape without hitting the bikes but they were not, they were crowding his car in and being jerks. So the Justice you speak of was going after the car to get revenge for the biker being ran over, well there's a problem with that, THEY caused the attack in the first place and had they been riding like proper responsible bikers do daily NONE of this would have happened.

That wasn't JUSTICE, it was REVENGE...

And remember this group was known for this before..

I think your loyalty to the biking fraternity is misplaced, these were not normal riders, they were a know set of bikers who liked to rule the road and intimidate other road users...

"At no point did the bikers do anything wrong" Seriously WTF ???????

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Funny how you say biker fraternity, true bikers follow the rules of the road.
These guys are a discrace to real the real bikers such as the ones in DC on 911.
I know they were denied permits but they did gather peacefully.
You are completely correct Mclaneinc. The bikers caused the situation and provoked the
response. Now they will swear the were innocent victims of a racist attack.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

These guys are a discrace to real the real bikers such as the ones in DC on 911.
You are completely correct Mclaneinc. The bikers caused the situation and provoked the

I meant zero disrespect to the Biking community, I was just saying he was being protective of the bikers when in fact these people rode unlike the massive number of totally law abiding excellent riders. What a biker does on an open stretch of road in the middle of nowhere is fine, these people were swarming cars in the middle of the city, something was bound to happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I didn't think you did Mclaneinc.. : )
I do think its interesting that the bikers filmed the event and give the police video proof of the whole thing. Without the video the SUV driver would be looking at some serious time.
Think what would have happened with the Martin/Zimmerman fiasco if somebody would have videoed the whole thing including hours before it happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

eNumbra
So we can't see if anything happened prior to the biker brake checking the range rover and the range rover colliding with said bike.

The bikers did however surround the range rover and brake check him on a highway and then attempted to apply mob justice then and there. Driver should have run more of them over, frankly.

This.
The "brake check", the biker was an asshat. They were surrounding the suv for no reason. Ive seen idiots like this here in town. If you are in front of me on a hwy and hit your brake knowing full well that a 6000 pound suv cant stop as fast as a 500lb bike then you deserve to get hit. And they STOPPED traffic on a HIGHWAY and surrounded the suv! This guy had his family with him, I would have run the idiots over as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

All your "No Real Scotsman" fallacy aside, you are correct. The "Outlaw Biker" tends to be patriotic and libertarian in outlook.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have no love for bikers. I was just pointing out that comparing these idiots to legitimate
Biker clubs is like comparing gang bangers to licensed concealed carry owners.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If you read the news report it sounds like he had already hit a motorcyclist before the vid starts, and this makes sense if you watch the video. But of course if you want to write drivel about shooting this and shooting that, it's a free country.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Bedlam

n00bUK
The Range Rover driver just wanted to get past, they let him - but then perused him like he did something wrong.

Not so. The group stopped for some reason, the Rover sat there for a few seconds, then suddenly ran over several riders. THAT'S when they pursued him. He hit-and-ran about four people. No one was doing jack to him the first time, other than being stopped in front of him. No one was paying him any attention until then.

Actually there was an argument between one of the bikers and him.
The biker felt he was too close. The biker got right up close and hit his vehicle whilst others swarmed around him.
This is clearly visible in the video and has been pointed out by many other commentators.

edit on 4-10-2013 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

No he didn't. The biker that was run over was not stop check guy. Watch the magnified slowed version I made, at the end you see the guy that got hurt laying behind the truck in black. Stopcheck guy didn't even go down. Herp Derp back at ya bro.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adamtash

If that really happened, funny how that part got cut from the video like the beating did.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If that were me in my current state, there would have been a few dead bikers around. The minute they reached for the door of my vehicle all bets are off. How the hell is a large range rover supposed to stop when brake checked by a much smaller, lighter bike at that speed? It's not, simply. The bikes should have let the driver by or either put distance between themselves and him. They made a stupid, poor decision. The driver had every reason to be in fear of his and his families lives and where I am, that is justifies the use of deadly force.

I would almost wish that some of these miscreants were taken out, but hopefully they learned from there behavior and their confiscated property that that type of nonsense on the roads will not tolerated.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Normal people in that case call cops and have them deal with hit and run...

This should be normal to you only if you live in mob-rule country...

They did not come to see if he (or his kid) in car was ok after bump with bike that you guys said was before this video. All they wanted is blood and revenge... In situation like that he acted as every other parent would - protect at any cost.

Bike mob was not organized and did not have permit for driving around city like that. Many of bikes did not have license plates on that video. I think I saw report 50 bikes being taken away by police and 25 bikers ending in jail that weekend...

That for sure is not helping that mob...

Update:

Some of the bikers are part of a group called Hollywood Stuntz, which holds an annual gathering with the goal of riding through Times Square. "This particular group did not ask for a permit," said Kelly. "We had over 200 calls just on Sunday about this particular group operating in a reckless manner."

*Source

edit on 4-10-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

They are part of a group that was in town to do dangerous riding around town. Just a biker pis---g contest. They were antagonizing a guy with his family in the car.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

personally if i had my wife and child in the car i would have run over more than just one of em....and would have made damn sure they thought twice about pulling me over.....my kids are the reason i live

Anyone of you cavemen ever thought about just keep driving and calling the police if you feel threatened? Saves you murdering a few people.
edit on 4-10-2013 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

Um..he was trying to drive. If protecting your family is a sign of being a "caveman", bungo me ungo, me like to smash!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Unfortunately its rarely as simple as that.

As someone who has been in the position of having to make that choice...to kill or potentially be killed...the reality is you do whatever you have to do in order to survive.

Thankfully the assailant survived in my case. But I assure you their life was not my primary priority at the time...mine was.

If that assailant had died I certainly wouldn't consider myself a murderer.
I would consider myself fortunate to still be alive for others to judge me.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

are you serious?...so just sit there and hope for the best....better yet bury my head in the sand,you know because if I cant see them they cant see me either.....cavemen....pfffft

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

He still woulda had to go through the bikers in front of him, the outcome could possibly be worse if he had gone that route. He would not have been justified in doing so either, as they had not shown the level of aggression until they attacked and attempted to get into his vehicle when it was stopped.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Also need to say I'm not some tough-guy who is all 'kill em all let God sort em out'.
I still deeply regret what I did...what I felt I had to do. So much so I have since met with the guy and apologised.

He was destitute and desperate.
He wasn't a bad man...just in a bad situation. ..which unfortunately can drive you to do unspeakable and unthinkable evil.

Told him all he needed to do was ask me.
But he chose to stab me.
From that point on natural instinct takes over.

Chances are it was the same for that SUV driver.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join