It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Groups Sue to Stop Schools from Adopting Science Standards

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think I get more and more disgusted by people by the hour lately. I fully understand why some people run off to the woods to live alone now. The shattered logic of Christian Fundamentalists is jaw dropping. Somehow:

~It's better to believe we propagated through incest vs having evolved.

~It's okay to do whatever you want to the planet and other species despite the Bible's proclamation that we are charged with taking care of Earth but yet they consider the pursuit of wealth as a more divine priority than conservatorship when no where in the Bible does it say "go make money", in fact it's pretty opposite there are 63 Bible verses condemning wealth. So yes by all means go ahead rape the earth into inhabitability in the pursuit of wealth, after all God did make that one promise to never flood the entire planet again.

~Vaccines and modern medicine are bad because God picks and chooses who is healthy and who gets sick, getting sick is God testing your faith or punishing you for something. It never dawns on these morons that God also gave humans superior intelligence so that we may better take care of ourselves? Maybe that's the real test of faith huh?

Utter morons, all of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I didn't know there was a science standard, this is comical....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

What? As opposed to a religious standard?

Sounds like a whole Comedy Festival!
edit on 2-10-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reposted from another thread:

I find it silly how there are those that think evolution is anything more complicated than animal breeding on a exceptionally long timescale. "Intelligent design" is a poorly thought out idea when you think about the numorous problems with the human body, ones that would contradict the entire notion of an all knowing, all powerful, yet merciful god. They(creationists) usually excuse this by mentioning the fall from grace, and other hocus-pocus, when (assuming god is all powerful, all knowing, and merciful/kind) god should have quite frankly known that that was a remote possibility, and created a design that would be robust enough to withstand disease, tooth decay, etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
double post whoops
edit on 25-11-2013 by NonsensicalUserName because: double post

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I am astounded at the amount of consistent drivel you're able to produce.
:-|

edit on 25/11/13 by OpenEars123 because: Even my fingers are astounded

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It amazes me there are still so many dogmatic Christians who refuse to accept evolution and it's importance in science/biology. Their arguments against evolution are simply not logical and their wishy-washy intelligent design idea has no place in a science class.

I met a lady at the bus stop the other day who attempted to bash evolution and tell me it was impossible, it's only a theory, ect. and was making these silly analogies that really don't make any sense. I was kind and respectful and made several logical arguments that are backed up by science to counter her claims. I hope I was able to change her mind about evolution.

There is nothing wrong with believing in a God(s). Evolution doesn't disprove God.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Are you really that egotistical that you think your "God" would really answer your prayers more than anyone else's on this planet?

Do you really believe that your "God" created this infinitely expanding universe for one insignificant speck of dust populated by a bunch of talking apes?

Are you that fearful of the unknown and blinded by faith that you cannot question things for yourself?

Religion should not be taught in schools, schools are for education.. Religions already have their own establishments, they are called Churches, Mosques, Synagogues, Temples et al.

Whether you believe in evolution or whether you believe in creationism, it stands that creationism SHOULD NOT be allowed near any science class. It is not a Science, it has NO evidence and it is all based from ONE book, ONE source, if anything it should be in a creative writing class...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

That was quite a spew from the religion of Scientism.

Impressive.

NOT.

It would appear that we are not in the same multiverse nor the same galactic cluster, much less the same planet.

It's hard to imagine how any meaningful dialogue could be had without a more shared dictionary and vocabulary.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the sweetness from the Religion of Science spews again.

Impressive.

Time will tell the depth and breadth of TRUTH.

The hollowness of deception will also be exposed.

There's nothing wrong with reasonable standards of proven science.

Defending the UNPROVEN RELIGIOUS DOGMA of the Religion of Science with the clout of the tyrannical State is . . . stupid . . . among other things.

ACTUALLY,

it IS FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR MOREARROGANT AND EGOTISTICAL

to
DISBELIEVE ALMIGHTY GOD than to, in child-like faith, trust that He means what He says when He requires His kids to ask Him as Daddy, for what they need and want.

Perhaps the anger on the part of many originates out of never having such a loving Daddy relationship--mortal or otherwise

edit on 26/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Truth_Hz
reply to post by BO XIAN

Are you really that egotistical that you think your "God" would really answer your prayers more than anyone else's on this planet?

Do you really believe that your "God" created this infinitely expanding universe for one insignificant speck of dust populated by a bunch of talking apes?

Are you that fearful of the unknown and blinded by faith that you cannot question things for yourself?

Religion should not be taught in schools, schools are for education.. Religions already have their own establishments, they are called Churches, Mosques, Synagogues, Temples et al.

Whether you believe in evolution or whether you believe in creationism, it stands that creationism SHOULD NOT be allowed near any science class. It is not a Science, it has NO evidence and it is all based from ONE book, ONE source, if anything it should be in a creative writing class...

science is overrated. very overrated.

it's done nothing, cept try to push out ID or whatever.

yeah,, i use a pc and have an iphone!

big deal. who doesn't?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

So you are saying that Creationism is a science and should be taught in science classes?
Surely that is abhorrent to you bearing in mind your distaste for science and logic.

I wonder, how is it more egotistical and arrogant to disbelieve in something THAT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM TO HAVE EVEN BEEN RELATED TO ANYTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE LET ALONE TO EVEN EXIST.

A holy book is not evidence of existence of a supernatural being.. it is a CLAIM to the existence of a supernatural being.

You are correct on one point though, faith is very child-like, perhaps the blinkered view of life originates out of always believing what you've been told to by people that have used the ultimate boogeyman in the sky to instill fear into kids to stop them from misbehaving, instead of rationalising and teaching them responsibility for their actions.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

I am actually crying laughing at this... please be serious.. please be serious...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Excellent, so you replied to my post about your drivel,..
with even more drivel.

What a surprise.

I just showed this thread to a church going friend of mine, his exact words were;

"Go easy on that guy, he obviously has mental issues"

Fair enough.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Truth_Hz
reply to post by BO XIAN

reading, riting and rithmatic. lol!!

that's all you want to teach?

f science, dude. what does that tell you?

get us off this rock, Einstein. i want to go to mars.
you have any time line?
how much is a ticket?

i have money.

is it safe?
does obamacare cover me in space?

hey, do the obie wan knaobie hologram for us.

i liked the movie, AI. very sad.

who has to get their # together? science or religion?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

OpenEars123
reply to post by BO XIAN

Excellent, so you replied to my post about your drivel,..
with even more drivel.

What a surprise.

I just showed this thread to a church going friend of mine, his exact words were;

"Go easy on that guy, he obviously has mental issues"

Fair enough.

no one believes that, dude.

yeah, maybe you lie.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

It tells me you are either a troll or the most ridiculous person to have ever graced the internet..

If you really want to go to Mars please sign up here

Mars One Project

The Timeline is for 2023.. Whilst we will have to put up with you for another 10 years I sincerely hope that science wins out and sends you... (Plus you can keep your money.. it's free.. you just won't be coming back)

I doubt your Obamacare would cover you, but being as you don't believe in science you won't be wanting any medical treatment..

Also (Just as a last point) Holograms at the standard of Obi Wan aren't far away

Holograms

Science - Apparently not doing anything other than refuting Intelligent Design since before Christianity was a concept...

edit on 26-11-2013 by Truth_Hz because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

I think I'll go ahead and go back to bed instead of count the ways your perspective is off the wall WRONG.

I will note a hint . . .

God doesn't tend to often prove Himself to those who are hostile to Him from the git-go.

However, He is frequently overtly strong and mighty in behalf of those who trust Him with child-like faith.

THAT'S been proven relentlessly over many centuries.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

No.. All that has been proven over the centuries is that a load of charlatans have used a book and peoples fear to control them in some way and / or a load of insecure, vulnerable people have had something randomly happen at the right time and due to their insecurities have believed that some higher being has made it happen.. that is all..

Praying is nothing more than putting your hands together and hoping really hard.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Also as a follow on from my previous post, you still have not answered my question:

Do you think that Creationism is a Science and should be taught in Science classes?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join