It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

well over 40 health conditions that may be benefited from the use of the herb, including over 20 distinct pharmacological actions it expresses, such as:

1. Analgesic (Pain-Killing)

2. Anti-Bacterial

3. Anti-Inflammatory

4. Anti-Ulcer

5. Anti-Cholinergic

6. Anti-Fungal

7. Ant-Hypertensive

8. Antioxidant

9. Antispasmodic

10. Antiviral

11. Bronchodilator

12. Gluconeogenesis Inhibitor (Anti-Diabetic)

13. Gluconeogenesis Inhibitor (Anti-Diabetic)

14. Hepatoprotective (Liver Protecting)

15. Insulin Sensitizing

16. Interferon Inducer

17. Renoprotective (Kidney Protecting)

18. Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Inhibitor

These 22 pharmacological actions are only a subset of a far wider number of beneficial properties intrinsic to the black seed. While it is remarkable that this seed has the ability to positively modulate so many different biological pathways, this is actually a rather common occurrence among traditional plant medicines.

It just goes to show the natural alternative is always better then modern medicine, if you know how to work with her nature will take care of you.

not only this one thing, but there are so MANY more things out there in nature that can really help you. The great thing about it is that its 100% natural

let this guy sell you something

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Too bad Nestle are patenting the medicinal use of Nigella Sativa then eh?

www.cbd.int...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

needlenight

www.cbd.int...

That pisses me off madly.

Bloody grubs.

Expect this to go the way of the other sativa. Illegal once it's made into a drug.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Nestle may be attempting to patent the use of black seed, but in that write up that you linked it clearly states that all of the things Nestle is claiming are already widely known. They would have to come up with a use for black seed that is a break through, or an unknown and undocumented use in order to secure a patent for it.

Great info on the use of black seed though, I had no idea. It is also referred to as black cumin, and fennel flower for those interested.
edit on 9/29/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

They are patenting the use for it for preventing and treating food allergies. Which it has been used for, for at least hundreds of years.

www.nestle.com...

It makes me think of the time they stated, that water was not a human right and should be privatised.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

As far as I can see they are not patenting the alternative uses of Nigella.

"Nestlé is not trying to patent the fennel flower.

We made patent applications for a compound that can be extracted from Nigella sativa (also known as fennel flower, black seed and black cumin) or from other plants, to help treat or prevent food allergies.

The patent, which has not yet been approved, would not prevent the use of the fennel flower plant for any other purposes, including in traditional and natural remedies. "

www.nestle.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
According to wikipedia Mohammed was refering to Black Cumin (Bunium Persicum) when he said, " The black granules (Habbathul Baraka) are the remedy for all diseases except death." I understand genuine black cumin to be quite rare but if the traditional medicinal effects are attributed to them I dont see how the other would be considered a panacea as well. Especially considering the fact that it contains toxic and paralytic chemicals.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Josephus
According to wikipedia Mohammed was refering to Black Cumin (Bunium Persicum) when he said, " The black granules (Habbathul Baraka) are the remedy for all diseases except death." I understand genuine black cumin to be quite rare but if the traditional medicinal effects are attributed to them I dont see how the other would be considered a panacea as well. Especially considering the fact that it contains toxic and paralytic chemicals.

Good call Josephus, especially on the toxic and paralytic chemicals. It ISN'T the same thing and both are called black seed but if you look up Bunium persicum, this is the information you get from Wikipedia

is a plant species in the family Apiaceae. It is related to cumin and commonly called black cumin, blackseed, or black caraway, and has a smoky, earthy taste. It is often confused with Nigella sativa.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

needlenight

www.cbd.int...

Happily you can't patent seed and like others you can't control that so it just a matter of growing for yourself.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

And all other herbs

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Monsanto patents seeds all the time. Nestlé working in conjunction with Monsanto with some of their patents.
They will find a way to make it so we can only use their crap version.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alienscot1

Haven't you all been watching Monsanto? Once they patent it, they sue anyone else trying to sell it
edit on 9/30/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Nigella Sativa is also called Charnushka and many other names.

This is commonly used on the top of jewish Rye bread.

I tried it out of curiosity and fell utterly in love with it. It's the first time I ever understood what it means when someone says a spice tastes "smoky." It also tastes slightly salty despite it isn't a salt so if you reduce your salt, this is a good addition for your palate I suppose.

It is really wonderful used on eggs and really anything that is non-sweet. You can overdo it though, as it is a strong flavor.

My favorite seed is caraway, so I wasn't surprised to discover this is also sometimes called "black caraway." Even though to me, it tastes quite different than caraway.

As for the long list of medicinal uses, actually you'll find that nearly any truly native plant material that has been researched has about the same situation, of a shockingly long list of beneficial uses. Generally, if we spent more time eating real food instead of chemically enhanced cardboard with twinkie-fats we'd probably be healthier as a culture...

top topics

join