It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we good enough yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

"Are we good enough yet?"

This is the human condition. The belief that there is 'better'. 'Better' needs time.
I am not good enough or it is not good enough is the words that drive competition - which is war.

There is only what is but man does not see 'this' he sees 'that' (which isn't).
The duality of man is conflict.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Unity_99

Solar system has many planets and stations and cities, not just mars, not all on the same floor or story of the channels/sub dimensions. And Higher Ups come through the stargate, and operate out of the sun.

We don't want to fight over anything with anyone and lower frequency in any way.

A: I've never seen any evidence that there are "higher" life forms than the martians around, or any that are from beyond this solar system. That doesn't mean that there aren't any, but even if there were I doubt they would choose to live in the sun.

B: I've never seen any evidence to support the pseudo-science/pseudo-logic of "higher dimensions" or that there are any particular "frequencies" to matter beyond those measured by science.

C: I would expect that if there were any humans who really understood martian technology or their ESP-esque abilities that there would be at least someone somewhere who showed evidence of being able to use at least basic stuff. Everything that I've seen suggests that everyone who makes claims like that is pretty much clueless and making things up.

itisnowagain

"Are we good enough yet?"

This is the human condition. The belief that there is 'better'. 'Better' needs time.
I am not good enough or it is not good enough is the words that drive competition - which is war.

There is only what is but man does not see 'this' he sees 'that' (which isn't).
The duality of man is conflict.

Most psychological issues (and there seem to be countless) could probably be boiled down to "not good enough", although there's also the distinction of "takes too much and gives nothing back" or its opposite "gives too much without getting anything back" which are ubiquitous.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think the best examples of benevolent vs War Mongering is "Vulcan vs Romulans" which are two empires which would share similar views and origin, but albeit different. You got one species that would have the patience to put up with us apes, but would absolutely be uptight as well strict for whatever reason, but would still interact out of sheer curiosity.

Now you look the Romulans, they wouldn't want to waste their time or ammo, because we would be considered a child race(the way we are now anyways), and would be concerned as pointing their gun at the vulcan, klingon, furrengi, cause they would be potential threats. Not only that, they'd have their heads so far up the a$$.

If they were like the Predators(tribal), Klingon(tribal), or Saiyans(they are totally martial law in the cartoon), they'd only pick fights against those who can fight, cause of some honor system to keep the species in check and avoid self destruction, if there was any better idea as to why they would have an honour system.

Also you look at the two, and both have blood stained foundations in their empires. Spock would tell you, his people at one point in time were literally crazy, compared to what him and his people would view themselves today.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If aliens came down and asked me if I was worthy of life then I would ask them why they was worthy of asking me. They could only respond with; because we created you or we could destroy you. My response to either would be # you.
Why people assume we should bow down to higher beings is beyond me. The police are different; they have means to inflict pain.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Every thing you are asking is way, way out I think. Youre trying to say they are practicing humans, because that the only way you can think of them: in your terms, not theirs.

They wont be sitting across from us asking questions. They wont arrive in a blast from the skies waving and smiling at us like a holiday parade. Nothing at all like that.

It wont be with arms wide open, they wont be using government or medicines, spaceships or eat what we consider food...even if they do eat.

I think many forms of them have always been here... so they arent coming. They may not use religion at all because of taking it farther than us humans have. Same with government. Spaceships wont be necessary, because they prob dont FLY from place to place. Maybe they just teleport here?

Think about it: Lets say you stand face to face with one and ask "Wow! You gotta spaceship that looks like 2 saucers! Is that what you fly around in?"

Theyll look at you super-confused and ask "Whats a spaceship?"
And why would we be FLYING around anyway".

"Government? We had that millions of eons ago. Same with religion. All that did was make people argue."

So, I wouldnt think we should treat the subject like Star Trek or Star Wars. Thats the most basic level in even trying to understand them.They wont speak maybe because they dont use speech any longer.

What Im getting at is we need to stop thinking of them in Earthly terms, tv shows and movies like we are still in 7th grade.

They are here, they always have been here, they are always leaving from and returning to here...so this line of questioning reminds me of a grade school interpretation of "Spacemen from Mars" or "flying saucers" etc.

We really ought to give credit to them for even GETTING here...and hiding out as they have. As that veil is lifted...I think we'll be the ones with egg on our faces.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join