It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we good enough yet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What would we say if aliens came down, and instead of TELLING us what our purpose was they asked:

"What is your purpose of existing?"

"we were hoping you would tell us.."

that shows lack of responsibility.

"What are you trying to accomplish as a race?"

"To split the world against itself.. For power, for fame, and control."

Thats so sad.

"How can you starve and harm your family?"

It's the only way we know.

"Why shouldn't we put you out of misery?"

"Because we can change, we just need guidance."

"Who's to say we haven't guided you before? and you failed?"

Then cleanse us once more. Let us start over again.

It wouldn't be a big revealing where they hold our had as we walk into the universe, hand in hand.

We have to prove ourselves before we are given this, just like you don't give your kid the car when there being a brat. Only when we show we deserve there presence, the opportunity to be something more then ourselves.

No one wants a brat driving making a mess of the city with the car there parents gave them. It would be shameful and fall onto the parents, yes the kid will be punished but the parents are the ones who are told. How could you let this and this happen.

Imagine being that alien who looks down and sees fire bombs plaguing poverty stricken places, and then seeing human beings living a life of leisure across the pond. strife within the world and oppression that goes unchecked.

who wants liars murders and manipulators in the universe, we already know what we would do if we could.

as of now we are not a "good" race or a "bad" race. Were in the middle.
The reason I say that is because there are people in this world that are amazing and should be teachers of the human race, and there are others who are amazing but in an evil way.

Hell I don't have any answers eather, But I think everyone has an obligation to at least think about it, maybe while your having a cigarette or just having a shower.

So yeah im not saying change your life and sit around and try to be mystical because that would be down right rubbish, everyone needs to work eat and take care of a family. Anyone asking you to throw down your life is down right delusional. But just take it into consideration, and watch how you treat others. It's not going to fix the world, but it's a small step. And hey it's better then not doing anything at all.

edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

just random music, A little cursing and may not fit your taste

edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: music for entertainment

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Sounds a lot like the beginnings of an argument for genocide, perhaps you should reconsider your thought process.

Just because everyone doesn't think like or do what you want does not mean that everyone else is wrong or should be 'cleansed'.

edit on 28-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

what if i was saying spiritual cleansing.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I would assume they would be smart enough to conduct individual interviews.

Because those aren't my answers and I don't control other individuals, much less the entire species.
edit on 28-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its most likely they would roll straight past with a muted 'Meh'.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Life is plentiful in the universe, if you don't think so. then hey thats on you. But just because its everywhere doesn't mean its not still peruses. And shouldn't be saved from SELF destruction

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What makes you think that an alien race would be any better than humans? Just because they would have the ability to travel interstellar distances does not in itself make them benevolent. Humans compared to 1000 years ago would appear to be Gods to our ancestors but we are just as murdering, cruel, and violent as we ever have been.

Technology doesn't change a races intent only the ability to do so.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

It's a question that starts with an individual and is slowly brought to humanity as a whole. things take time.

Just like the increases awareness on how were all fu**ed up.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

They learned not to kill themselves for one.

second a race that can achieve that apparent feat. is stable enough to know life is a special thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Not sure how you read that into what I said, I didnt say that the universe lacked other life at all, in fact I'm a firm believer that it does not lack life.
So yes its plentiful, so why save one specific group of atomic apes over another group of something else, somewhere else, as there would be many to choose from at various levels of development.

Are we really that special ?

Are these particular aliens you speak of the cosmic zookeepers or something ?

edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: removed ambiguity

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Im sorry I am not trying to be insulting. i wasn't really even questioning your belief on that point, it was just a statement.

(i just re read it and it really does look like an attack on you but I promise it was a general who ever reads this)

Hey I don't communicate with anyone "out there" haha.. but this is what I choose to believe. and I could easily be wrong and this whole universe is one ball of apathy. But its a choice. and it's based on observing.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
It's a question that starts with an individual and is slowly brought to humanity as a whole. things take time.

Am I to be held accountable for other's actions?
Are others to be held accountable for mine?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Dont worry, I didnt find it insulting, just surprising you drew that conclusion from that statement.

My point is that if a type of cosmic watchmen does exist, would they try and save every civilization ?

If not, would we fit the criteria to be saved from ourselves ?

Currently I think we dont, (if those criteria are similar to our positive morals and ethics anyway), but we should keep trying to improve.

You never know, we might be able to save ourselves if we do.

ETA :- This assumes a benevolent bunch of ETs, who knows, we could be right on track for some warmonger ETs.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: Speculation gone wild Vol 3 !!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Look there is absolutely no correlation between technology and peace. Humans learn to build flying machines and used them for killing. Humans learn how to send rockets into space and used them for killing. Humans went to the moon and have not stopped killing.

There is no logical reason to believe that an alien race that learned to travel to other planets would be peaceful, or have any higher understanding. Maybe they would be, maybe they wouldn't. But technology in and of itself is not something you can make that guess from. The two have nothing to do with each other.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The problem with this whole thread is you are projecting.

Maybe you are f'd up but I'm not and millions of other people aren't either.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Im not talking about who's responsible this is or there mistakes or so have you, it's just something we need to think about, the progression of our species and what we want to be.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Maybe I am, and thats the thing. who's to say someone is more righteous crazy or whatever..

But I know theres pain and suffering beyond what we think. and if you dont think so. maybe your f'ukd. just differently

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

ya we build all these very cool things, very interesting and thought provoking. But it only goes so far until there needs to be a real decision, if not we destroy ourselves. war always looming just not that long ago we all thought we were going to be blown to hell during the cold war. if you think we can survive the way we are now, your delusional

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I can completely see what you mean. But don't you think they would of destroyed themselves if war was there only love? They wouldn't have stopped fighting as we fight every day. We have been threatened with nuclear war in the past that could destroy us. I'm sure that happens to war mongering worlds.

But i dont know.. How do you think they could continue to exist if they were as such?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What the hell are you going on about. You started this thread with the inferiority complex of "are we good enough". Then projecting your own insecurities of "we're all f'd up". And making the illogical assumption that technologically advanced aliens would be all good.

I don't even know what these replies have to do with anything I've said.

Maybe I am, and thats the thing. who's to say someone is more righteous crazy or whatever.. But I know theres pain and suffering beyond what we think. and if you dont think so. maybe your f'ukd. just differently

????? I never denied that this world has pain and suffering, wth

if you think we can survive the way we are now, your delusional

again wth are you talking about and show me where I said anything of the sort

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join