It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we good enough yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Plenty of life = plenty of things to fight.

If Mars was as filled with life as Earth and at roughly the same stage of development, we'd be looking at military solutions. It would greatly speed the development of interplanetary travel. Go forward a little and we have done Mars, and have the tools to go war with other planets in the system if they too contained a viable foe.

I can see how a war-like species can survive itself, by having lots of other species to war against.

We only have each other, so we fight who we can get.

Pure speculation though, but fun
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: War...huh...What is it good for...Absolutely nothing except for resource gaining and furthur expansion

edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: still missed a typo....

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Please forgive me haha... Enlighten me then. because if you can talk to someone with such passion you must know the other side of the coin

tell me how do the survive when a race is thirsty for war? any way shape or form. tell me how they stopped killing eatch other and decided to go out and be something other then good.

DONT even say resources

I sugest you refrain form the belittling responses, you may not see it as such but i feel your responses to be hostel and anger driven

we can argue passionately without picking each other apart. Thank you
edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Thats a very good point, thanks for the other perspective.

very true. a race threatened is a connected race.

i guess things could very well be Yin and Yang together for balance

The only way for that to be is equal good and bad, how did they become equal. were they always equal?

pretend were watching the begining and theres a palnet that wants to colonize without caring if it hurt anything, and they found all species were lower so they decided they would take there things. and lets pretend theres a planet with people with strong inner passion for peace and justice.
if one started before the other then it would not be yin and yang beacuse one would always be stronger then the other. = extermination.

if there are bad beings out there there rather

1: equal to positive race so kept in check.
2: killed anything with different belief system, kept the ones they could control

theory two

there is yin and yang

they started off at same time (or technology stops at a certain point and that lets others catch up to match)

or its exponential and there will always be a bigger fish.

the problem with that is with that thought one would eventually over come the other, and the universe will eventually be filled with love. or you know opposite of that.

actually if the "evil" killed all the "good" then whats making them evil? if they really found peace within there own race, then after that they would be good, because they love themselves. thus making a loving universe eather way

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'd leave that deep a level of speculation for a story plot, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I guess

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by Carreau

They learned not to kill themselves for one.

second a race that can achieve that apparent feat. is stable enough to know life is a special thing.

Source please! "They learned not to kill themselves for one."

And why would they want to bother us anyways - usually people only do that when they want a reaction of some sort or information..hummm

ps I disagree and want my opinion heard -cheers!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Well let me just pull out my phone and call the aliens

nah I HAVE NO source.. muuhaahahahaha.

just kidding but yeah you know very well i cannot give any evedince other then our own history, its being made. and were getting closer to anilating ourselves every day

And I don't know, why they would want to even see us. this whole thing was if they were to come down.

but if they would i'm guessing its for connecting reasons

imagine this universe as a brain. its trying to connect itself.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

S&F, this cuts to the very heart of our problem as a civilization. The questions you ask are the sort of fundamental inquiries which tell us (and anyone observing us) how far our psychology has really advanced since the establishment of the first tribe of neanderthals. (Answer: Not very far.)

I have been kicking around a similar question lately: Are we, as a species, ready for abundance? It seems to me that any civilization capable of interplanetary travel is going to be, by definition, spectacularly advanced and will have solved a great many problems that would otherwise hold back a civilization from making such progress.

Now, I should be clear that an alien civilization may be completely different from us on a fundamental chemical and molecular level. After all, our problem is not just "How do we feed the world?" Our real question is "How do we feed a world full of carbon based life forms that require a water, carbohydrates, and a specific profile of nutrients to live." Our problems are Earth-centric and as such we should not assume that an alien civilization would be of any automatic help in solving our most fundamental underlying problems. (Though I can't help but think that they will have cracked the whole fuel/power-generation nut that is at the heart of our wars, geopolitical games, and environmental blight.)

All the same, a civilization this advanced would be able to share advancements and technology of such a nature that it would fundamentally alter the baseline of existence on this planet. It is a safe working hypothesis that the scourge of artificial scarcity (which can be wiped out by our own level of already attained technological advancement were we to choose to do so), would be completely eliminated with the assistance of a benevolent alien civilization.

Yet, when I look at our planet. When I see how we squander our resources, how those at the top withhold information and technology from those at the bottom; when I see the petty tribalism and constant self-sabotage, I see a society that no rational civilization would touch with a 10 light year pole.

We are a bunch of animals chattering at each other on this silly little rock. We don't send missionaries to teach orangutans how to farm. We haven't tried to give prairie dogs access to the internet. An advanced alien civilization would not want to give us the benefit of their technology. Then again, they won't bother to eradicate us either. (unless they need to make room for a new intergalactic freeway)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well let me just pull out my phone and call the aliens

ya i know BUT I hear Cheesy may be from there j/k

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Maybe not orangutangs but monkey farmers are around

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I would say that although some are excelling, most of the herd is veering off the way forward and back onto an old path, more of a rut dug out in the road. They are familiar with that route and cannot find their way over the next hill. So we are bound to repeat the errors of our past. We are going down the same old road again. We rise to a certain point, destroy ourselves and pick up again from the ashes. Civilization will devolve and start from scratch again. Future generations will sift through layers of dirt to eek out tell tale clues of our existence. They will try to guess where we went wrong and why we vanished from the face of the earth when we seemed at the height of our civilization. They will vow not to make the same mistakes themselves but they will start out great and succeed but as greed and arrogance re-surfaces in man, they will find themselves going around in the same old circles again.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Loveaduck because: clarity

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here's my opinion, everyone here is Loved, magnificent, infinite parts of infinity.

Is there a life after life ? Anita Moorjani is a living proof!!!! Check this out!! MUST SEE

She died, in coma, end stages of cancer, and after this NDE, within 4 days, was nearly recovered, and then cancer free within weeks. It was a medical miracle.

And from this confidence, and understanding that first of all, we're loved just the way we are. We aren't to forgive each other, instead, with understanding, and walking in anothers moccasins, we realize that if we lived that life, our chances of doing what the other does is extremely high, and so we have compassion and understanding for ALL. And that is how we are loved, by Family Above, with understanding and compassion.

Just as we are. Now, with that being said, imagine if we're trying to go within, see through the world and overcome our reactions to others so we can help those around be happy, be grown up and more mature love. That would be even better.

So I don't think its right to say in a school filled with students, Are We There Yet? Are We Good Enough Yet?

What would a grade 10 teacher tell grade 4 students, when he saw them in the hallways, goofing off, teasing each other, acting out competetive tendencies, would he write them off as rejects? Or understand them as children....
edit on 28-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Who is Dr. Peter Ko......

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Who is Peter Kno...? Did I write peter by mistake, been scanning my post?
edit on 28-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You kno who I mean, the enigmatic Dr Peter Ko, the oncologist of the mist.

You have looked into that NDE story right ?
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: typo intended, changed a word

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Before we reach the stars we must stop our addiction to war and shut down the NWO, then I think we will be good enough.

NWO is about stop self interest from ruining humanity. If we can stop shadowy agendas in general, be good in life becomes easy.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

You kno who I mean, the enigmatic Dr Peter Ko, the oncologist of the mist.

You have looked into that NDE story right ?
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: typo intended, changed a word

yes but I don't remember the name of him. In fact, every time I look for this video, have to look up, dying to be me, to find her name.

He's not important to me in what she says. What is very interesting is she probably relates the concept of being One, Infinite Self with being One with God, yet she did speak of all of us retaining our individuality. But she may also have understood the way I saw immediately, being one with our Higher Self, our infinity.
I see Consciousness, as in God, as the Infinite Vine, but expressed in Infinite Branches and Variety of all things. For in infinity if there was 1 vine, then there would be infinite vines, infinity never allows a boundary to exist, it always infinitely goes beyond, and infinite expressions of all things. So this is a concept of Infinite Source being the infinite connection between all infinite branches. So the Love between progressed and pure souls, is God.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Unity_99
So I don't think its right to say in a school filled with students, Are We There Yet? Are We Good Enough Yet?

What would a grade 10 teacher tell grade 4 students, when he saw them in the hallways, goofing off, teasing each other, acting out competetive tendencies, would he write them off as rejects? Or understand them as children...

Well said. One thing to consider when talking about things like 'warring alien races' is the vast differences in ages between races across space. For example, humans have only been around for 2,000,000 years, and the agricultural revolution and the rise of human civilization only occurred 10,000 years ago. In other words, literally 99.5% of the total time humans have been around has been spent in a 'feral' state with no particular advantage over other animals. On top of that, in the last 200 years we've seen more technological (but not psychological) development probably than the 10,000 years preceding.

Imagine if humans were to survive even another 10,000 years. At our current rate of technological advancement we'd have some scary stuff by then. Add another 2,000,000 years and you might be closer to the 'mature' races you'd be likely to encounter if you went trolling for fights in foreign star systems. No race could survive that long if they were in conflict with themselves and/or their environment as humans are today. Additionally, no war mongering race could go undetected by the older races' superior technology, and none of them would be left unchecked long enough to become a problem.

Although I don't know anything about life outside of our solar system, I can say that humans are currently under supervision by our far older neighbors, the martians. We wouldn't last two seconds against them in a fight, could never find them unless they allowed us to, and although they do try to guide us and help out in various ways, in general they stay out of our business. If/when we ever manage to mature psychologically as a race they probably won't be as reserved as they are now, but that pretty much boils down to personal responsibility.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unwisdom

Solar system has many planets and stations and cities, not just mars, not all on the same floor or story of the channels/sub dimensions. And Higher Ups come through the stargate, and operate out of the sun.

We don't want to fight over anything with anyone and lower frequency in any way.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So it doesnt bother you that her renowned oncologist doesnt seem to exist, or that she is selling this Love and Oneness at $75 a session, I hope it includes a happy ending.....
edit on 29-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: the Ko is a lie !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join