It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can see 500 years into the Future!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

AWESOME!!!

Now tell me are these pesky little obstacles STILL going to persist and slightly hinder
my plans for the global domi.. ...no championchips?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Nyiah
Oh yes, in 500 years, they'll most definitely look back and be aghast at us, ...

Do you think humanity can survive 500 more years?
Do you think the earth itself can survive and sustain humanity for 500 more years?
I'm not so sure ....

Most will die, Some will survive.

If overpopulation causes us to starve there will still be food left over.

Did you know you can survive in the woods and meet all your needs for over a month with nothing but a couple pine trees.

Even food, and I doesn't necessarily just mean converting pine sap to syrup.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Dude, I'm in Melbourne. Next time you go for a ride in the flying Limo pick me up on the way through.
I always wanted a ride in one of those.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Over the past 500 years here're some patterns to take note of:

1) Communication greatly increased in speed
2) Physical travel greatly increased in speed
3) Ability to store knowledge and recall it greatly increased in speed
4) Greater access to energy and ability to transport it
5) Increased intermingling of different cultures
etc...

One of the things that crossed my mind while making that list was that at each point in time humans had to find new ways to solve problems in order to make up for old losses. Productivity had to always go up. New resources had to be found. It always seemed like times were tough and the end of the world was near. Every once in a while, a great discovery would come about, like when oil was first drilled or when the North American continent was found by Columbus and immigrants started to sail over there. Every once in a while, a tragedy occurs, like a war or plague. People are always moving around, things are always happening, there's never any break from the constant shuffling around.

I think we'll run low on resources on Earth, but we'll find a way. Maybe we'll go off planet or maybe we'll find a new technology or maybe we'll find a new way of life, but we'll find something - I believe that. We'll communicate far faster and over longer distances than we do now, as well as travel faster and further. Far greater amounts of information will be stored and recalled. More kinds of people and cultures will intermingle. Our power plants will produce much greater yields than they do now, potentially tapping into things we presently don't even know exist - the atom was not known to exist 500 years ago.

There's also the issue of how our information technology has changed us. Our world is so rich in information. It seems nowadays all you need is a connection to the internet and a lot of brains. People meet socially now on the internet almost as much as they do face to face. Surgeons are increasingly eyeing remote surgery. Drones offer much in the way of surveillance. News is 24/7, worldwide and in real-time. People can go to school online. What does this mean for the future? I'm not sure, there're many factors and the results aren't exactly linear. Our technology, undeniably, will change us. What's difficult is knowing exactly what our technology will be and what it will change about us.

If machines replace us physically in the economy and computers do more and more thinking alongside us then where will the jobs come from? We'll have to be ever more inventive. We'll have to stretch our limits and go to the very edge of the possible. If there're no jobs because we've put ourselves out of work then we'll have to make new ones! If our home offers us no employment then it's time to pack up our bags and voyage into the unknown.
edit on 27-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

kudegras
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Dude, I'm in Melbourne. Next time you go for a ride in the flying Limo pick me up on the way through.
I always wanted a ride in one of those.

If you're in melbourne you're on your own.

Isn't it raining? It's the wheels machine for you!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well we can always assume that the worse case scenario is that in 500 years from now things may not change all that much or at all...Scary thought I know. Imagine if you will! All that is now, only dragged on for 500 more years.

That's 500 more years of the so called bipartisan bickering. 500 more years of the same old dollar menu at the McDonald, and yes the shamrock shakes will only be a limited time only. 500 more years of arguing why the guy in office we call president does not actually do anything he said he will. 500 more years of the same old half assed and low budgeted to high output in profit movies, so think about it, there already was a scary movie 1 and 5, but in 500 years it will be scary movie 9,000, and the latest teen dramas and raunchy movie fads. And lets not forget, first we had Madonna, then we had Britteny spears, now we have miley Cyrus and lady ga ga...Why in 500 years you could have...well...more of the same.

And yes in the future they will still be arguing about the GOP and the debt ceiling, and about that fancy new dress the latest flick/movie star is wearing at the Emmey's, and ect ect. And...Well I could go on, but no doubt the thought that absolutely nothing but the newest and coolest flavors of sodas pop drinks would change in 500 years just may scare you #less.
But hey dont worry I am quite sure that at least the size and visual resolutions of your TV's complete with the latest new 3d models, will at the very least change. As for the rest...Mmm! no comment.

However who knows, give it time and maybe one day, many, many moons from now. Humankind may have something to truly be scared #less off, other then the same old make believe and self created games of watching the # pile up and wondering if it will ever hit the proverbial fan.

In till then, I predict that in 500 years none of you will be around to see or say otherwise.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
500 years? it's a struggle just getting past 50.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join