It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can see 500 years into the Future!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I hereby declare my ability to the world, and thus name this thread, Futura! "Seriously, Isn't that a font?"

Dammit Brody...

Okay, back on topic.

The future, I can see, so can you probably.

Predict the thoughts of many
in the year
...two
...thousand
dun dun dun

Wait, oops, I mean...

Two thousand,
five hundred
and thirteen

Really now I don't think it's that hard. What I am sensing, is that nearly everyone will look back on these times and think of it no different than the Spanish Inquisition, or perhaps the Salem Witch trials. I probably could have put this in Posse Com forum, but save that for the thread which inspired this one.

Man gets 20 years in prison for a half ounce of a plant.

A plant? Dear god.

There is no way, unless we suffer a nuclear apocalypse, poison ourselves with large amounts of lead, or relinquish total control to the machines, that anyone in their right mind will look back at this era without having complete contempt and utter disgust.

Imagine, a country nearly imploding in on itself financially, with massive poverty and welfare rates, with massive social problems, and they are busy buying state of the art tanks and personnel carriers so they can carry out military style raids on people in their homes, their cars, on the streets all because of a plant.

Your country is going down the crapper so you decide to throw a huge portion of the population in jail for minor non violent crimes, all based on some backwards moral superiority complex.

People will no doubt consider this one of the saddest ages of history.

And what's funny, is that I used to read history text books and think, "How could people live like that, or under those conditions..." and well, all you have to do is look out the window, turn on the news, talk to the average person, and you know.

And it doesn't just stop with the ridiculous jail/lawyer/police industry, it goes right across a few. And the problems are more than the simple example I laid out in the industry I chose to highlight. How many clips of cops tazering kids, families, harassing average people for no good reason, have we seen on this forum in the past couple years? What will your descendants think about all this in 500 years?

How embarrassing would it be to actually have to explain the normalcy (to us) of this screwed up world to them, who I would hope have moved so far beyond such a crazy injustice between "big brother" and the citizen.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Oh yes, in 500 years, they'll most definitely look back and be aghast at us, "WTH was wrong with those barbarians?" Kind of like we do looking a few hundred years in the past on unsavory events & beliefs that disgust us now.

Although, as with any generation, I expect the ones of 2513 to have their own issues they find just as shady as we do ours.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Nyiah
Oh yes, in 500 years, they'll most definitely look back and be aghast at us, "WTH was wrong with those barbarians?" Kind of like we do looking a few hundred years in the past on unsavory events & beliefs that disgust us now.

Although, as with any generation, I expect the ones of 2513 to have their own issues they find just as shady as we do ours.

Which is one of the most important realization anyone can make in their life, whether it is early on or even on their deathbed. Nothing really changes, it's all the same just dressed up differently.

Of course no one likes to admit this because it takes away all that panache it had once you realize it's all a big joke.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I better have a goddamned laser gun by that time, or I'm gonna be pissed.

It's going to be 2014 in a few months and I still don't have a freakin laser gun, WTF!?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
In the year 2525, if man is still alive.If woman can survive they may find.... Zager and Evans

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
"Woke up this morning with an ache in my head
splashed on my clothes as I spilled out of bed
I opened the window to listen to the news
and all I heard was the establishment blues"

You leveled that nail, boncho... but there ain't nothing new under the sun: 2000 years ago, 500 years ago - I hope and pray for better future days, but although 500 years from now they may view us as barbarians what will people in a further 500 years think of them, I wonder?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It does not bode well for the champions of invasive government. Be it theocratic or anti-theocratic, there is no salvation in the abdication of personal responsibility to institutionalized accountability.

Throughout history, in each and every instance of the collapse of moral determinism, we find the coincidence of the mirage of induced order and the disintegration of the good society. It is the hope and promise of utopia itself that is our shared albatross.

"The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments." -Ludwig von Mises

Let's hope we abandon this destructive tendency by then.
edit on 26-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm doing that now man... why wait 500 years

some people are fleeing persecution because they will be imprisoned for political beliefs. They are refugess and the UN has a charter.

But if it's a plant, of to the gulag, no questions asked.

It's a human rights issue. A war crime.

But no one will do anything... collective inaction... not their problem.

I tried.. once.. all Iw ant to do now is help people who are stuck. Can't help the rest. it's just impossible with the law the ass that it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

watchitburn

It's going to be 2014 in a few months and I still don't have a freakin laser gun, WTF!?

Why, young man you are just not trying hard enough. All you need is a little bit of ingenuity and a blue ray player. Presto chango, look out kids, sorry about the eyeballs!!

Oo

or O. as the case may be!

oO

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Isn't that called foresight? I think one of the problems with society today is that people cannot fathom the consequences of their actions. They will not anticipate the subsequent reactions to those actions and predict what will happen. And it isn't that they can't because in most instances, a child could do it. They just don't care. Nobody plays Chess except for TPTB.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
First look back 500 years then visioning 2513 will help you be much closer to the truth!

All Purpose Vehicle Transport = Wa, La, Ai & Sp
Travel Speeds = Phenominal
Human Transport = Transporter
Livespan = x2 to x5
Cancer = Irradicated
Transplants = Head to toe
100m Sprint = 8 seconds
Space travel = Planets in other solar systems
Interdimensional travel = Common
Computer Systems = Human Brain Driven
Sexual pleasure = x5 to x10
Time Travel = Old hat (if not already)
War = no more
Religion = long gone

Im sure ive missed a few important ones

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

watchitburn

A laser gun? Dude that's nothing lol. We are still driving around on combustible engines lol.

It's 2014 and people think they are high tech and cool if they get 50 miles to the gallon (Freeway).

Sorry friend but your laser is going to have to get in line...

Where the hell is my flying car!

The Rat.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If the planet goes under one world fascism, I predict that 500 years from now, our goons will be enslaving other planets and the people will be ensnared, without direct intervention from real hero's and above.

We cannot allow this fasicsm to go on and on and on. The case of the 27 year old. His community should be up in arms and so loud and so noisy that no one would dare to not release him and change all the criminal unlawful legislation. Bad guys just fill a void. So the people are the ones with the major problems.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great tune and listen to the lyrics.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
No way we (humans) are still here in 500 years from now unless we the people fight against bad and corrupt politicians and financial/big companies interests. Sooner or later there will be a financial colapse, more Fukushimas or maybe a nuclear world war if things continue exactly the way it`s going now !

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Nyiah
Oh yes, in 500 years, they'll most definitely look back and be aghast at us, ...

Do you think humanity can survive 500 more years?
Do you think the earth itself can survive and sustain humanity for 500 more years?
I'm not so sure ....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd rather see a day into the future....like what numbers will be drawn in tomorrows lottery. What good does knowing what lottery balls will be drawn in five hundred years do me?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I really hope they are able to look back on us barbarians, and shake their heads in disbelief. But I'm just not so sure 500 years is enough for us to grow up as a species. We're still in diapers at this point. But if we survive suicide, we may yet become toddlers.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is a great perspective building exercise, and one I'll be contemplating for days to come when I read the news. Another dark ages - dark was far as awareness and each person checking their own condition before acting on the world.

I think we will be seen as the ignorant age - psychologically unsophisticated. Unable to rein in emotions in order to see what their impact has on others. This in spite of how much more we know about human behavior than we did 100 years ago.

This isn't to say people should live in their heads. Rather it is to say people are ascribing what they know about human behavior in ways that are for personal gain or are unable to apply it to self while they seemingly understand concepts.

One day the majority will be able to blend heart and mind (also known as common sense) to make decisions. Those decisions will then lead to behaviors, which will be sent out in either seen or unseen consequences to the whole. We may look back and wonder - where was the wisdom in that explosion of knowledge?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't have an issue with the thread but I do think one think wasn't stated. How will the history be manipulated by the winner. We all should know by now that our history books will be written about the terrorist actions of 9/11 as if the government had no idea. And it'll be written that the Iraq war was a war fought for the freedoms of Americans and no the oppression of many nations just for wealth/power. Many of the people living in the day 2513 will look at it like the looked at the witch trials. Confused. They don't tell you in most history books that calling someone a witch was a great way to have an opponent disappear. Similar to calling another nation a terrorist in our day. Food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join