It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to introduce amendment to Obamacare, removing exemption for government employees.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dagann

Voting is a privilege not required by anyone. I cannot believe the countless sob stories I have read stating the reasons why people are unable to registrar to vote. In one recent account a former slave recalled her story of how she had no birth certificate, I get that part of her story of course. However she then stated that she lost her SS card 25 YEARS ago and had not been able to replace it and now she was not able to vote.

This is a typical story, if your to lazy or uninspired enough to even bother to get your essential paper work together well I have some difficulty having a lot of sympathy for you.

I myself have lost both my SS card and my birth certificate TWICE, once due to a move and the other time in a house fire. I know full well the hoops you have to jump through to replace those vital documents. But the one thing I did not do was take my sob story to all the newspapers and blame it on the government.

Also the government has no right or business telling me what I can or cannot buy, namely Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Ahhhh...yup...i knew it...you are afraid of the lower-class vote. Maybe the GOP should do more to attract who feel taken for granted by GOP policies. It's called a democracy. And before you become sanctimonious and insist I'm wrong...that it's a Republic and all the insults I've heard over the years when the word democracy becomes like a bad fart in a elevator, the fact is...America "IS" a democracy. Albeit, we are a republic in the way we choose our local, state and federal representatives, that's obvious, however... that in no means we are not a democracy. Actually, what we have is a "Democratic Republic."

If you are confused, i suggest you take a course in Constitutional Law.

And again, if you have health ins. nothing else is required. But maybe you are angry because you don't have Ins. Maybe you feel you are fit thus don't want to be insured. I often feel the same when i know I'm a good driver and the chances of creating an accident is nil, yet I'm required to satisfy state insurance requirements. However, taxpayers are tired of footing the bill in emergency rooms when a fit person has the flu, injuries from an accident, symptoms of cancer...etc. yet has no insurance.

And if i want to use the GOP handbook, and correct in your lack of insurance, let's read on...

1: If you are emancipated from family and lack Ins.,...get a job.

2: If you have a job that does not offer health ins.,...get a better job. or two, three jobs. etc.

3: If you are gainfully employed and wish to live to the fullest without the expense of Ins.,...It's no longer
available unless you wish to pay the fine.

4: If you wish to comply and need a subsidy, get in line, fill out the application and answer all questions that
will show you qualify and pose no threat of fraud.

5: If you are obscenely rich, none of this applies.

6: Flee the country?

Welcome to the home of bureautechs. Poor people are used to it, however, if it's new to you...you may have to eat crow.

BTW...if you wish to succumb to disease or injuries without medical assistance, that may be considered suicide. And suicide is against the law.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dagann

Oh ffs enough, this term you like to throw around so loosely...the lower class? I was born and raised in the lower class. I spent an entire summer sleeping on a river bank as a child, if that isn't lower class enough I don't know what is. I was raised on a steady diet of beans and rice. I didn't see my first dentist until I was 13 years old.

I put myself through college working full time and going to school full time, it took me 7 years but I did manage to do it on my own without anyone's help and I earned a Master's degree in Nursing. All the while I was living on my own in my own apartment, paying all of my own bills, certainly not with my incredibly irresponsible parents.

Every single thing that I have achieved I've done on my own without a handout.

If a person can not be responsible enough to get all their vital paper work in order to vote I have very little sympathy for them.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There will be never change in the United States. All the private bankers run the whole government and even senators and political officers are even saying that the NWO is coming all on youtube.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Octave

I applaud you're accomplishments. It's rare to see such in the modern world. Actually, I only know just a few with that kind of fiber.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frost281

I'm aware. I'm amazed at the lack of resistance. The future looks bleak and it's apparent that if any conflict arises it may be too little and too late. However, more people are beginning to read through the lines...for whats that worth.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Octave

AlienScience
reply to post by Octave

First off, Ben Swan is an idiot and full of crap. He has a target audience, conspiracy theorists, and he exploits them with his paranoid reporting. If Ben Swan was correct about anything, Ron Paul would be President and Obama would be impeached...but of course, we know both of those are not true.

Second, It's nice how Ben doesn't site which parts of the ACA says any of this. He says, with a straight face, that they will have EVERY BIT of your personal information...yet he doesn't say how they get it. I can tell you 100% that most hospitals are currently not set up to transfer any data to the government for the ACA...I know this for a fact and I am 100% confident about that.

First of all, Ben Swann is not an idiot nor is he full of crap. In fact he's a very intelligent, well educated, well articulated professional journalist.

You're absolutely right in that he does have a target audience. His audience consists of open minded, intelligent individuals who are fed up with the liberal left MSM spoon fed government sponsored propaganda bull# lies and garbage that they have been fed and they are ready for a change.

What is clear is that the one audience that does not like him is the narrow minded extreme liberal left, I have found that when I try to get my incredibly narrow minded extreme liberal left friends to watch any of his videos they either will not watch them or their reactions are exactly the same as your reaction.

Your behavior is bordering on hysterical, I would like for you to present your 100% proof please. Thank you.

Did Ron Paul win the Republican primary?

Did Benny not repeatedly report that Ron Paul was leading by huge margins throughout the primary?

Give me one thing that Ben Swann has gotten right that the "evil liberal media" got wrong?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Although that particular version of the letter was addressed to federal employees, I received the exact same letter from my employer. It is just an announcement saying if you have insurance that qualifies you don't have to sign up for obamacare and what to do if you don't. It isn't saying they are already covered by obamacare. Since they have different insurance provided by their "federal" employer then they have insurance that qualifies so they don't have to enroll in obamacare.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join