It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Fact is, there are about 10.000 people killed in the US every year. Criticism from here is not about American guns, but about the many violent deaths.

Switzerland has probably a higher percentage of its male population whom owns a military grade assault rifle and they are trained with it too. Nobody every talks about the swiss gun problem, because gun violence there is very rare and even if you take in account the vastly smaller population number, in proportion gun violence is still very rare.

If American civillians apply the same training and philosophy to guns the American military applies, I am sure there would be not a talk of a gun problem in the US. Many Americans see it as their right to be irresponsible with their guns, storing them on the table, giving them to children.

I am curious what would happen to an off duty soldier, who just tosses his army issued ammo and weapon about, puts it wherever or gives it to some child to play with.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is no United Nations without the USA. We basically pay for everything and host everything here. The UN is not going to do anything regarding guns in the US. The Constitution we live under here WILL NOT be thrown away...EVER. There is NO WAY Americans would allow it. Not gonna happen so move on to another topic.

During World War II the Japanese could have easily invaded the USA along with their Pearl Harbor attacks and gotten all the way to the Mississippi River before we could have stopped them. They knew then that Americans were armed and it was a losing proposition. The guns and rights we have here are not going anywhere folks. The World is a mess and will always be a mess but who do "they" look to when something needs to be done? USA. Enough said.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Blue helmets stand out easily in a crowd.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Nuff said....

To the OP...the entire force of the Russia military couldn't control Afghanistan over a 10 year period. The entire force of the US military couldn't totally control Afghanistan over a 13 year period. There are @ 33million people in Afghanistan. What makes anyone think the US population (@ 330,000,000 well armed Americans) can EVER be controlled?

I must laugh.....

edit on 11-10-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Sure do!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
He looks so small like he's poorly fed.
My medic was bigger.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Merinda
Fact is, there are about 10.000 people killed in the US every year. Criticism from here is not about American guns, but about the many violent deaths.

That number has been dropping. At least by the last FBI count I saw. It's around 8K annually or so now I believe. If you take out Detroit and New York with all the gang shootings, maybe LA too the number really goes down. Those are mostly our famous "Gun Free Zones."

If American civillians apply the same training and philosophy to guns the American military applies, I am sure there would be not a talk of a gun problem in the US. Many Americans see it as their right to be irresponsible with their guns, storing them on the table, giving them to children.

A great many Americans have the military training. I'm all for civilian training for those who require it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join