It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
No, they don't have any cowboys or Indians,all that is ours and we are also Yankees,red necks and Rambos.
They may have folks who may perform similar tasks but those are us.
Chaos scares them and that is our primary operating environment.Not to mention...we have a lot of guns in 90% of our homes and have done so generationally so we are used to them.
Let's face it,nobody would want to have it much less have the numbers and the skills to take us without WMDs.
We wouldn't like those being used on us,we MIGHT perform a scortched earth op if that were to happen.
Nope, only we can stop us.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by purplemer

Why do these nations keep buying American Treasuries if were soooo doomed?

I'm a little late to this debate but anyways:

Some nations might just like to have an "africa-button" for the U.S. (much cheaper, cleaner and faster than a nuclear arsenal)... especially the type of nations that endeavour to change the current global-financial-hegemony. *points to the far east*

Just my 2 ¥.
edit on 29-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

ColCurious

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by purplemer

Why do these nations keep buying American Treasuries if were soooo doomed?

I'm a little late to this debate but anyways:

Some nations might just like to have an "africa-button" for the U.S. (much cheaper, cleaner and faster than a nuclear arsenal)... especially the type of nations that endeavour to change the current global-financial-hegemony. *points to the far east*

Just my 2 ¥.

I'm not sure what an "Africa Button" is but I am sure that these investors buy American because its a solid investment.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
I'm not sure what an "Africa Button" is but I am sure that these investors buy American because its a solid investment.

Well, it is a solid investment of sorts.

Take your old enemy China for example.
The enourmous stock of U.S. treasury bonds they are holding is leverage in the best case, or an economic WMD in a worst case scenario.

The term "africa-button" derives from the consequences it would have on the U.S. if they (the BRICS countries) were to dump their U.S. treasury bonds en masse, drop the USD as a reserve currency and kill the petro-dollar. It would turn the U.S. into Africa over night.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ColCurious

SasquatchHunter

Well, it is a solid investment of sorts.

Take your old enemy China for example.
The enourmous stock of U.S. treasury bonds they are holding is leverage in the best case, or an economic WMD in a worst case scenario.

The term "africa-button" derives from the consequences it would have on the U.S. if they (the BRICS countries) were to dump their U.S. treasury bonds en masse, drop the USD as a reserve currency and kill the petro-dollar. It would turn the U.S. into Africa over night.

What purpose would it serve to own American treasuries, and hoping they devalue??????????????????????????????
The Petro Dollar, is a load or horsebullcrap, the U.S. is the second largest oil producer in the world. We don't need other countries, they need us and a lot of them are literraly profiting huge from Americas doing economic success.
The debt China hold is nothing, its a drop in the bucket. China has no desire to see the U.S. economy fail, if we do were taking them down too along with the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

spartacus699
the you-es owns and controls the un. They tell the un what to do

That's a good point. We could veto any sanctions the UN wanted to impose on us.

It seems the point is to keep the MSM anti-gun volume on medium - high from all directions in hopes they can get our own government to do the dirty work. It seems to be working as our elected officials do not want to let up on taking our guns.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I can't imagine the UN or otherwise intervening on our behalf to stop us from killing ourselves. What a concept, though? No, I don't see this happening any time soon but I will say this, the "rampages" and "shootings" in the US are by individuals, typically. Why they are doing it is the question to be asked. It's not groups of disgruntled Americans going out in packs shooting up targets, but rather these lone wolf types. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

There were 13.7 MILLION Hunters in the U.S. in 2012, let alone just gun owners. I wouldn't try and get the guns if I were another country.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The UN doesn't even have the balls to go after a Country that gasses their own citizens and has Troops attack civillians, you think they would do anything?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

queenofsheba
reply to post by Bassago

It's not groups of disgruntled Americans going out in packs shooting up targets, but rather these lone wolf types. Why is that?

Probably because of sheer statistical probability. In a country of hundreds of millions you're always going to get a fruitcake in the basket here or there. Trying to calculate the miniscule percentage of these shootings though is not worth the effort. More people are killed with blunt objects. That won't stop the elites from spewing their propaganda though.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I know this is way off topic and I don't mean to derail this thread or something, so I'll try to keep my answers short.

SasquatchHunter
What purpose would it serve to own American treasuries, and hoping they devalue??????????????????????????????

I didn't say anybody is hoping for the bonds to devalue. Read my post again.

SasquatchHunter
The Petro Dollar, is a load or horsebullcrap, the U.S. is the second largest oil producer in the world.

The real meaning of the petro-dollar is that OPEC trading in USD is the only thing giving any backing to your currency and thus making it the current global reserve currency.
BRICS-nations and others are working to change that fact and the worlds economic top players have been preparing for a multi-currency reserve system for a while now.
This is no CT and no secret, you can read up on all that (well, maybe not in U.S. MSM).

SasquatchHunter
We don't need other countries, they need us [...] the debt is nothing [...] China has no desire to see the U.S. economy fail, if we do were taking them down too along with the rest of the world.

Wow. Who told you that?
You need to change your economic media provider because none of this is true.

Times are changing.
edit on 30-9-2013 by ColCurious because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'VE BEEN WATCHING REAL CLOSE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE TRAFFIC VIOLATION OR SPEEDING, J WALKING OR LATTERING, BEING DISRESPECTFUL, CAUSING DISTURBANCE OR BEING UNRULLY BY A SINGLE GUN....
STRANGE BECAUSE I'M TOLD ON A DAILY BASIS ALMOST ON A HOURLY BASIS THAT GUNS ARE A SERIOUS PROBLEM... HOW? I'M CONFUSED.

MILITARY MEN, MARSHALS, SHERIFFS, POLICEMEN PROTECT WITH GUNS... AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

NOW YOU TAKE SOME KIND OF A NUT, MENTAL ILL, PURE MEAN PERSON OR CRIMINAL, THEY CAN CAUSE ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS WITH A GUN BUT THEY DON'T NEED A GUN.. A KNIFE, A CLUB, A ROPE, A BOMB OR THEIR BARE HANDS.

SO I THINK THE PEOPLE THAT BLAME GUNS MUST ALSO BLAME PIES, DONUTS, CANDIES AND BREAD FOR THEM BING FAT.

I'M CONFUSED FOR SURE.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

AS A POST SCRIPT... I CARRIED A WEAPON FOR 26 YEARS IN THE MILITARY IN COMBAT AND SIMPLY A SHOW OF STRENGTH AS DIRECTED.
I ALSO HAVE CARRIED A CONCELED WEAPON FOR 37 YEARS AS A CIVILIAN... NEVER HAD IT OUT OF THE HOLSTER EXCEPT AT THE RANGE AND CLEANING.

NEVER SAW A NEED BUT JUST IN CASE OF DANGER TO MYSELF OR OTHERS, I HAD A TOOL TO HOPEFULLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM QUICKLY, QUITELY AND WITHOUT INJURIES TO ANYONE.

I'VE SEEN A LOT OF BLOOD.. IT IS ALWAYS ON YOUR MIND AND NOT A GOOD MEMORY.

AN ADDITIONAL PROBLEM TODAY IS MOVIE BLOOD IS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND I HEAR PEOPLE THEY LIKE IT.

GO FIGURE.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

Well, this whole thing is just part of the elite 1% multi-prong approach to disarming us. They've got the MSM, the politicians, leftist hordes. Now they bring in the EU MSM on top of it. All I can say is bad luck with that.

I've owned guns for decades and will never ever give them up. There's been a couple times I was glad to have them too. Doesn't matter how much they spit and fume, US patriots will never give them up.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

A question if right wing americans hate the UN so much how is it the Tea party etc.. is never seen protesting out side UN HQ in NY ?

edit on 2-10-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: none given

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

Protesting is for hippies,we actually HAVE to do something not waste treasure and time on a picket in front of the places of power like let EVERYONE know what they are doing,and what they can't do.
And fixing this epic mess called our gov't.
If you want to get arrested go ahead.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i eagerly await the free moving targets the UN will be sending us.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Protesting is for hippies,we actually HAVE to do something not waste treasure and time on a picket in front of the places of power like let EVERYONE know what they are doing,and what they can't do.

Your post is hypocritical and inconsistent for several reasons. First of all i have seen many tea party protests in the last 5 yrs some are in washington dc outside the white house. One fellow called Adam Kokesh wanted have an armed march on washington dc i assume you know all about this and may have planned to be in that number. Even if not on our prime time over here they are easily found on you tube.

When did you begin this hatred for your gov before or after you were in the military(assuming you really are a vet) if you are so switched on up top why did you fight for your gov if the military in the US is completely voluntary as it here in Aus.
I have no sympathy for ex civil servants(military,coppers, intel,whatever) that whine about a gov structure they were once more than willing to kick butt for. They love their decorations getting free beers, free love,every time they flash their military patches, brass then when discharged have dummy spit and become fully fledge terrorists welcome to the fringes of your society some of us like yours truly have always been on the fringes of our societies we didnt need a discharge from a gov agency to make us wake up.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Cute.
I am exactly what I tell you.
I have a threads...read a few.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

This is my thinking as well. Protesting has that warm fuzzy "democratic" feeling but we've seen what happens to protesters in America. They get beaten, gassed, tasered, and sometimes shoot and killed. I've not forgotten Kent State, that's what happens at hippy protests.

People can protest all they want but I won't be with them. To me that's just tactically unsound and my military training won't allow such an obvious blunder

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join