It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar activity drops to 100-year low puzzling scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

While it is true we don't know a whole lot, what we DO KNOW is the Sun has a major effect on our life here on Earth.

We are studying like crazy to find out more. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Thank you for the information. Have you got any links please...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You're absolutely right, we sure are. The recent accomplishment of a true 360 degree 24/7 view of the Sun is a real one to take some pride in. It at least gives us the ability to finally, for the first time in human history, say with certainty "No..there is nothing sneaky on the other side of the Sun. Nothing hiding from us".

I know such superstitions are silly, but hey, look at human history, too. lol.....

In some ways I wish I were just coming of age now, since so much in technology is opening entirely new avenues of learning which the earlier pioneers couldn't have even imagined.

My biggest thrill, if I live to see it in years I have remaining, is a man made probe somehow made to survive the conditions at the visible layers of the Sun, so we may get a couple of the more wild and interesting questions answered about it's nature. Ahh... Gotta wait for Material sciences to catch up tho, eh?

* Thanks for the link... I'd missed that one!
edit on 23-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I would think that materials science can absolutely help with this in the long run. The "sound cloaking" that uses nano's to move phonons.

I would suspect, however, that if we can get to that point, we might also be able to cool our homes without the need for electricity.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hmmmm
Between this new announcement and the global "cooling" thing now going on...something smells fishy and it ain't the fresh lobster down the street.
I won't give credit to any scientific findings till I know whose funding it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sunspot0

Our sun is a variable star. I wonder how predictable it really is, and how susceptible it might be to 'influences' from other sources in our universe.

Good catch. S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Hmmm....very interesting, I googled the date to find this article. thedocentsmemo.blogspot.com... So it is possible that one of those little plasma balls that we occasionally see flying off the sun could have caused a spike in radiation levels as it hit earths atmosphere. It looks like the plasma create neutrons and then these neutrons promote carbon fourteen to form. I don't know about the source but it sounds like an interesting speculation at least.

You are right, we know very little about reality, our evidence to make theories can be used to prove many theories and if the theory was correct, it would be correct for all cases. You can't encompass a lot of stuff under the same theory, otherwise the exclusions and discounted evidence that do not apply cause the theory to be used on things that it does not apply to.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

So it is possible that one of those little plasma balls that we occasionally see flying off the sun could have caused a spike in radiation levels as it hit earths atmosphere. It looks like the plasma create neutrons and then these neutrons promote carbon fourteen to form. I don't know about the source but it sounds like an interesting speculation at least.

Numerous studies have shown this above is more than speculation. I invite you to read this thread. It is A LOT to read but it relates to this subject of this thread and may give the researcher better perspective in regards to what we do know. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

greencmp
This is widely known by even the most vehement AGW fanatics and still there is no pause in the rhetoric from the 'atmosphere grabbers'.

While this doesn't mean that we should all go outside and burn coal and flatulate, it should have calmed the moderates more than it has.

Why hasn't that happened I wonder?

Perhaps the real conspiracy is it is actually "TPTB's" goal to accelerate the arrival of the *ice* age by reducing all the things that would keep the environment warmer. The last Ice Age was a choke point in human population and dramatically reduced the population. Combined with the Georgia Guidestones and all the other threads people have plucked...

edit on 23-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
TextText Purplereply to post by sunspot0

I for one, am very happy you found this and posted it. My late Father ( He passed on February 11th 2013 at age 84 after my Mother passed away October 14th 2012 age 67 ) used to always say people blew most environmental/cosmological finding way out of proportion and gave many examples like this one. I have no idea how he remembered so many of these findings dating back so long before he was born, but he did. My late maternal Grand-Mother who passed December 13th 2008 at age 95 years, and grew up in a totally different way, also collaborated what my Dad would say. Plus, I'd go to the school, University or public library or records and check out what they would say. It ALWAYS matched what one or both would say while others ran around in a panic lol!
When in Junior high, I had a project assigned to me. I'd just turned 14. The project was to interview the eldest person in the community. He'd just turned 104 years old. Not only was he still sharp minded, he talked of the wars, politics, religion and the panic so many people get into over environmental/cosmological findings in his entire lifetime as well as what his Grand-Parents and parents told him. He said things are ALWAYS changing and the Farmer's Almanac had in it for that year, the coldest worst winter in history leading into the hottest summer. Amazingly, he had scrap books filled with scientific studies predicting all matter of environmental/cosmological changes throughout his own lifetime as well as some clipping his parents had had. It was the same old same that is still occurring.
lol! We had the mildest winter ever recorded in the area. The most snow that year was a little skiff on Christmas Eve. Most everyone wore only fall jackets that winter and by February, it was almost summery. But...we did actually have the hottest summer ever recorded that year. No resulting human fatalities that I can recall, but much to crops, & wildlife followed by the worst & most forest fires and evacuations ever recorded in the area. Of course. A Northern Manitoba, Canada with summer temperatures reach up to +52 degrees Celsius. Who'd a thunk it huh? There were resulting deaths from all the smoke to those with mild to severe lung conditions.
But another mild winter followed, followed by slightly higher than normal temps for summer with drought. People were panicking over more potential forest fires, yet seriously, what was left to burn lol!
It became my belief that these predictions are so hit & miss that the chances of being struck by lightning or winning an over million dollar lottery are more likely though the older I get, 49 in August, the more I too begin to doubt and question everything....
Many blessings to you and yours
~ Maybe Yesterday, Maybe Tomorrow ~ J.J.R

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

greencmp

buster2010
It's building up for the Killshot.

As expected, whatever happens the sky is either falling, rising or exploding.

Humanity always has to have some kind of disaster looming in the background. How do you think religion has been able to stay in business all these years?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join