It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was listening to the TED RAdio Hour....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i was listening to the TED RAdio Hour. The guy interviewed 2 people. The first was a woman who was doing something to do with growing organs in a petree dish. And they're getting very close. She claimes they've already grown human bones. And she was talking about how soon they will grow human organs. The second was a guy who was involved in mapping the human genom, I hardly understand much of it. But he was talking about how soon they'll be able to do all this stuff, and one of the big things is eliminate all kinds of deceases.

So I'm sitting there thinking. Okay this doesn't add up. They're gonna eliminate all these deceases and cure all these organ problems and also engineer babies so they grow up perfect with no threat of any deceases or abnormalities?

and what???.... completely eliminate much of the health care system? Get real. Thats so dumb. I don't see it at all. The only thing I could see perhaps happening is a two tier health care system where the rich get cured and the poor get all the crap that keeps the dependent, makes them worse, and never cures them. I think that actually that's already happening. How else would the queen live so fracking long?

But I just find those TED talks so stupid sometimes. They're so uterally brainwashed in some ways, they've bought into the system 120%. They only see with blinders on. And so some of the TED talks are just laughable. I mean i could be wrong but I just don't see it.

The money is in keeping people sick not making them well. What do you think???

edit on 23-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

TED is propaganda, worth paying attention to though. The same way I watch MSNBC or the UK's liberal democrat rallies. Transparent and unimaginative but, ingurgitated by the adherents like free range organic water.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When my company was in Huntsville, we were in this new HMO that was going to revolutionize the industry. It was less pricey than any of the competitors. They really pushed wellness, so you got free gym memberships, free twice a year required physicals (good ones, too), free immunizations, free diet counseling, free memberships to things like Crossfit, and not only were those things free, you actually got points for really doing them. If you went to the gym a couple of times a week, you could earn a free trainer, free spin classes and the like. The more you participated the more points you got. They wanted you active, and they tracked it.

If you used a dunk tank or calipers and got fat percentage numbers, you got points if you were in a good range (they didn't use BMI). If you weren't in range, but were working on it and showing results, they'd give you more points.

They were making money. They had incorporated nearly every doc in the state. Then Blue Cross went after them, and got the unions in the state to require BCBS. That was the end of them. It's not impossible to have good cheap health care, you just have to get rid of the organized crime. In that case, it was the state workers' unions.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well put.

I believe that the two tier system is likely.

The UN Agenda 21 is real.

They do know that so many billions of people is a context wherein it is harder to prevent erosion or threat to their rule.

They've also been sold on the delusion that so many people are destroying humankind and the habitability of the planet.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I think to "some degree" the world is getting a bit crowded. I'm not saying unmanageable. But to think there's nothing going on is crazy. Like there's not a lot of places you can go anymore and just live free. It's all owned and managed lands. and even if there's no one around if you build something, likely in due time some ranger will find it and want to see some permit for it being there or it has to go, as that's part of their job to get rid of any permanent structure that has no permit to be there. So I'm just saying there are a lot of people. Like you fast forward 100 years. wow that would be a weird world to live in. It would be like Kalcutah india everywhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

OK so suppose they grow the bones, the organs in fact a whole lab human, diesese free, and immune to mostly any infections, then as you say, what? and rightly so, what expected lifespan are we talking about? at the moment I think the lifespan of humans is quite long enough, who would want to live until they were 150 or something, or perhaps more. and how would the world support so many people, the population would increase 5 fold or more in a matter of a couple of generations..... I would agree with growing organs and maybe bones too, for the purpose of replacements in people whose life quality could be bettered by such a replacement.... TED programs tend to be informative, but sometimes they are a little above the ordinary layman, they don't tend to simplify their explainations or maybe I am not up to speed, am I the only one? hmm anyway good thread

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I understand, I think, your perspective.

Certainly I bemoan the loss of free open spaces with little to know regulation etc. etc. etc.

However,

It's all by design.

"They" do NOT WANT many people on t0he planet. People to them are THE PLAGUE on the planet.

THEY want all but a few cities and all rural areas returned to wilderness state . . . for THEIR playground.

They want enough serfs and slaves to keep things running and give them their pleasures and the rest can be rounded up and forcibly sent to the rendering factories a la Jacques Cousteau's wish.

Thankfully, God has a better plan.

In terms of technically . . .

technically the planet could have many times this population with tons of free space; no hunger, no poverty.

The technology is available to do it.

BTW, you might be interested in

ARCOSANTI . . .

www.arcosanti.org...

edit on 23/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: change link suffix

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I hear you

top topics

join