It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a weird ability that I haven't told hardly anyone about....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i too have the same thing happen to me. it started around the first few times i used ayahuasca. has not stopped. any past Psychedelic use?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2013 by jrdy787 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by Bleeeeep

science will always try and explain away spiritual things. They're stupid.

I am a very science-oriented person and I am terribly skeptic however, I have seen and experienced things that can't be 'conveniently' explained as something very normal but misinterpreted!
I have no doubt that when someone dies and are 'brought' back they talk about a light and seeing dead relatives. etc. but we can't explain this in anything other than supernatural so then we have the 'experts' say some crap like "when a person is dying, chemicals are released into the brain and causes hallucinations that are mistaken for something that is really happening" but they can't tell us what those convenient chemicals are and they have proof!
I lived in a house here in Arizona that was only a few years old but from day 1 it felt like there was an evil presence in the house and it got worse as time went on. My sister who was very 'sensitive' to spiritual things was called and prayed in the house, when she got to our bedroom where it felt strongest (we never told her that was the hotspot either) she said to my other sister "It's in here!" and I saw her thrown against the wall and chocked, my other sister started praying aloud telling "it" that it had no power against Jesus and to release her in Jesus name, which it did! She said it went into the closet and was weaker and both my sisters prayed until they said it was gone!
Later I asked my sister what 'it' looked like and she said when she walked into the room it was on the ceiling gray in color and was almost like if you stretched a cloth pinned to each corner of the room and it was smooth and hanging down in the middle. When she first said "It's in here!" she said it massed together and came straight down and attacked her!
I am still more skeptical than I want to be but having witnessed certain unexplained things over the years I can't say anything more than there is definably a (call it spiritual world) that co-exists in our world!
By the way, I thing these evil entities are sometimes 'invited' in through actions of the people either deliberately (Ouija boards, "good witchcraft" etc. or even Indians inviting spirits into some of their rituals) and other times something has happened where the house was built! (an Indian friend of mine said there is some really bad "MOJO" in certain places. By the way, lots of Apache camps and burial grounds were in the area.
Okay, sorry for hijacking the thread!
Best of luck to you!
edit on 25-9-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I also see energy, and sometimes when I'm outside I can see something around trees, I believe its their aura. haha

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think your referring to the same phenomenon I see, which I talked about on this thread:

'Does anyone else see a strange ripple effect in the air?'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you see auras around people as well?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is one (of many no doubt) examples where science and spirit merge (of course they merge all the time since this is actually just 'reality' - the power of names eh?!) Those phosphenes can actually be used to initiate experiences such as WILDs (wake induced lucid dreaming).

Morgenstern89
Given that the OP seems opposed to getting answers to his question which disagree with the interpretation he has already come up with, I realize my time is probably wasted, but for those that may be legitimately interested, here it goes.

One of the users who initially replied, BardingTheBard, was on the right track. We -constantly- take in information subconsciously. About people, places, objects, whatever. We get "vibes" about places all the time. Sometimes they are correct, sometimes they aren't. But if one believes that they are sensing good (God even, apparently) and evil, that can have a physical effect on your body.

The phenomenon is known as Phosphene.

This part in particular could explain away this whole thread, but who am I kidding?

“Seeing stars” is another common phosphene or visual effect that can occur, and is most common immediately after blowing your nose, intense laughter, a sneeze, a heavy cough, a blow to the head, or standing up too quickly. However, these phosphenes are usually the result of mechanical or metabolic stimulation, as opposed to spontaneous activity. Low blood pressure, low oxygenation or a lack of glucose are most common causes of metabolic stimulation.

Rule one about investigating the paranormal is to rule out all natural explanations for a situation before assigning a supernatural one.

Edit: A star for Defcon5. Didn't see the third page when I replied. You hit the nail on the head.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So how do you suggest eliminating those obvious possible reasons? Is just a one off medical and optician's check up enough (showing blood pressure and retinas ok) or do you feel blood pressure needs to be recorded frequently throughout day over a certain amount of time to prove that what is being seen is not related to blood pressure? Basically, I'm wondering how much the skeptics need before they will consider a possible paranormal cause?

defcon5
What a lot of people don't realize is that your body has a sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. This includes the Vegus nerve which controls your heart. That is why its not uncommon for people to have a heart attack when they strain while going to the bathroom. You can stimulate your parasympathetic system without even being consciously aware of it, and it in turn can effect your heart rate, which in turn effects your blood pressure, and again in turn can cause various hallucinations. There are quite a large number of posts on ATS claiming paranormal abilities or events, that can be attributed to a list of medically known hallucinations. As Morgenstern89 is stating, you have to eliminate what is obvious before you can claim something is extraordinary.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
When people think medical, some of it is accurate, because we have to have the physical hardware, as Ingo Swann in his essays speaks of, the toggle spots, in order to facilitate the skills. The only difference is, our surface layer of science and medical is anthill and according to Swann, the paramilitary level has already mapped all of this out in body human.

However, when you are seeking, or if you aren't and your team decides you're being a sleepy one, then you'll get these nudges over and over until you pay attention. In other words, get on task, notice. You'll get miracles, things that don't make sense, and then all the posts by all the skeptics are a pile of nonsense after that. I've had many experiences, the one with my then roughly 18 year old son, was a clincher. We don't share a brain, we don't share experiences that are products of errent biological chemicals firing inappropriately.

My son and I were discusing "infinity, holographic universe, etc" and from this occurrence, a thread was made, so this occurred just prior to the thread in my signature, since I'm guessing, I'll say within a couple weeks.

But I guess it was an unusual subject to be discussing, because something happened that we both saw and heard. My son was sitting on the couch and I was standing, when my vision shifted. This was probably third eye type thing, for I was aware of seeing this "old man" larger than life, huge, stepping through the sky, laughing with delight at the students debating this question. At the moment this flooded my vision and consciousness my son jerked and jumped upright in shock. I knew he had seen this too. Didn't want to lead him in any way, so I just said simply: "He Laughed!" And my son nodded over and over again, in shock. And that ended all the debates.

Up until then, we had shared sightings of crafts, very low ones, he had called me out for choppers chasing them. He seemed to know when they would come back, though soundless and no reason to know that they were returnging, so he had connection to the craft, but he didn't get the greetings I got, the communication. And while he shared some memories of being shown things on a viewing screen, he didn't have much in the way of memories. He had missing time while he was up. And he, along with the youngest, on two different occasions, sighted a grey while awake.

So with my communication experiences, and some extra memories, I was used to assuming there was something wrong with me.

Not any more, don't second guess things now, I had tried to bend the wire down all my life, but apparently wasn't allowed to, and was given a real gift there.

We don't share experiences, we don't share a brain....!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I never ever post on this forum and have been a member for some time but for years prior didn't even sign up just came here to check out the latest threads. I'm an observer and to be honest (without disrespect) most of the people on this website are full of #!

The only reason I am posting this is from similar experiences I have had. I know other people in this thread have mentioned that everyone/ nearly everyone gets a general feeling when they walk into a room however since I can remember (I'm 30 years old now) I instantly know when I walk into a room/ building whether it has bad energy or not. I don't feel anything if there's a good vibe, only if it's negative. What I mean by negative is something with bad energy living in the house. I say energy because I believe that's what paranormal stuff is.

When you refer to 'the air you see', this is probably more the 'energy' in the room you are seeing rather than the air. With me it's more of an overwhelming feeling, goose bumps all over instantly, I don't see anything like yourself though.

I have seen things in the past, people that say 'paranormal' stuff doesn't exist, that is your opinion, the reason you have this opinion is because nothing has ever happened to you yet, when something happens to you that you cannot explain you will start to believe in this sort of stuff.

I've seen things go through walls, I've had things sit in the back seat of the car while I was driving (not a nice feeling), I've had things tell me to slow down as I was speeding in the car on a hillside road only to find a tractor around the bend blocking both lanes, stuff like that.
The most horrible feeling I have ever had is in the local community centre I use (I teach dancing there) I open the hall up, close the hall, the toilets are at the back of the building, the place is haunted by a woman called 'Mrs Finley' the ex head mistress of the hall (the community centre used to be a school). Other people have heard stuff, stuff has personally happened to me while I've had people in the room and they have seen this also, I won't go into that. Anyway before locking up one time I needed to use the loo, the light in the loo doesn't work and hasn't for a long time. I was the only person there and when I use the loo I generally leave the door open to give some light. This once I had this horrible feeling and in the corner of the room something caught my eye, all I can describe it as is a shadow blacker than black sitting in the corner and I could just feel something watching me. I hope none of you guys have to experience this, this felt like something truly evil.

What I wanted to ask Sparticus was has your mum/dad or grandparents ever had this similar experience to what you have? this sort of feeling tends to be passed down. The reason i believe this is because my Nan is partially clairvoyant, she has seen vivid things as if they were real living beings, she used to have very vague dreams that would come true, i.e. someone in the family with such and such colour car is going to crash and it did etc just stuff like that. My dad also has this feeling like I do and things have happened to him.

Another thing that me and my dad both share is we know when something bad is going to happen in the family, as if someone is watching out for us. My dad when he was growing up always said his uncle who passed away was always in his room when he was growing up, he would protect him and had a similar driving experience to myself which potentially saved his life. My dad would tell me that he always could hear him breathing, when my dad would bring girls back to the house when he was younger, the girls he brought back would always say, 'did you hear such and such?' and 'is there anyone in the house?'. It got to my dad so much so that even though it wasn't bad, my grandparents had the place exorcised and since then his house was fine.

I starting getting this funny feeling that someone was looking out for us about 10 years ago just before my great nan died, 3 months prior to her death I would feel someone in my bedroom, little things would happen to me, even when my girlfriend came over drunk from a night out said 'is there anyone in the room?' I told her not to be so silly, but I didn't want to tell her and sound like a complete nut case and freak her out as sex was on the cards
once my great nan passed this feeling went away, my room felt fine again up until about 1 month before my grandfather passed 5 years ago. The same thing started to happen again, this time I told my dad only to find out that he told me he has been getting them also. He told me while he was at work (he works as a night security guard) he would drift off for an hour or two sometime but he was woken up by someone/ something literally in his face, he said it scared the life out of him. he fell back to sleep and hour or so later and the same thing happened again. The third time he pretended to fall asleep as he thought the previous two times he might have been dreaming and it happened again and was pretty spoked. After my grandfather passed 5 years ago I have not felt this since nor has my dad. My dad no longer works as he has chronic heart failure, my grandfather passed away as he was supposed to have an operation which he put off (it should have been to replace the left artery feeding blood/ oxygen to the heart) his artery gave out and my grandfathers dad died of the same thing but he didn't know about it.

To this day me and my dad thing whatever we were feeling and the experiences we were having were warning to possibly try and prevent my grandfather from dying, if he had not put the operation off, if we had maybe given him more support, he might have had it done and still been alive today.

Sorry for the massive post, other than a very few people, nobody knows this, was just nice to share my experience. I hope it all makes sense and let me know Sparticus if your experience runs in your family I'm curious

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The odd thing I've mused over alot is about seeking. Questioning things, asking your own Soul/Source, questions. I did that even as a child, and got dreams and answers given, at 3, even younger perhaps. Just guessing 3, but preschool. But...alot of these things seem to occur not when you're seeking, but when you're stuck in a rut. I remember asking ET_MAN why they all occurred like that, why so many sightings for example, why the things that happened? He said it was due to a lifetime of prayer, so past seeking??? Something that facilitates more being given from past efforts? Myself I beleive that sometimes its due to efforts, and sometimes when you are not questioning enough, your Team can say, thats enough you lazy bum, its time to get going, and jog you out the rut.

Concerning the energy recognition gift, another work that this occurred strongly for us was the Cassiopian Wave. Someone on ATS was strongly promoting it, along with calling everyone tares, and kind of psuedo religios posts he made. He ended up in chats with me, and I always have a hard time asserting myself. More passive aggressive, eventually just get mad after being unable to set my boundaries and have them respected. So, in this talk he kept insisting I needed to read that, so I promised I would so I could leave the chat without hurting his feelings. In the end, forced myself to read a few chapters.

It was horrible energy. I call that Legion, but since the bible is metaphoric and about inner processes to me, then that word doesnt have a biblical connotation. I don't know what Legion is, except, gravity and shadow, bad guys basically. Those who didn't pass their tests? Maybe from a star that ended and supernova'd. Just guessing. Also don't know the difference between Soul, Spirit and Entity. What is an Entity, and how is an Entity different than a Soul or Spirit? I guessed that were entities of some sort.

I had to break my promise, and not read more, the jaki was horrible, like being near a black hole or a dwarf star, so much gravity. It made me sick. Literally.

The very next morning, my youngest son ran downstairs. Threw his blanket on the floor. He was in tears and terrified. He thought it was the blanket that had paralyzed him. When I calmed him down he said, that he had woken up with paralysis, and there were hooded beings, with kind of wands, that every time he moved, touched his stomach, and it was like being punched in the stomach. But he broke free of the paralysis and them, and ran downstairs.

So....giving permissions, its like a trap, close permissions to bad things, close the door.

My health went south, and had to be on antibiotics for 2 terms, for a month had a huge hard lump in lymph glands and was sick.

Bad energy makes me sick.

So the energy recognition is a gift. And we're not supposed to ignore it.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, most of you can be trained to make "the right decisions" given a this or that choice. It's a Swann thing. Sort of remote viewing-lite.

However, on top of being able to do the path-viewing thing, I can also turn wine into water. Top that.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

This is something we all can practice and enhance. There are plenty of books out there that will teach you how. You just have to be aware that this can open you up to things you may not want.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am a very sceptical and scientific person, most things can be explained scientifically. I took physics in university, however I am very open minded.

The last few times something weird has happened to me I've tried to talk to 'it', I don't know if anything is 100% there or not but I just talk out loud, normally I would be a bit scared if I'm honest but not any more. If your 'confident' in yourself (I don't know if that's the right word to use) if you have the belief that you cannot be harmed by something we do not understand (bad energy) you will not be harmed, you control your body and mentally you are able to defend it as well as physically.

My dad always told me you should be more afraid of the living

Regarding what your son had said, if my son had told me this I would be very sceptical, as children have a very active imagination however, you know your son very well obviously and know genuinely when he's in fear.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I just wanted to say that you have described it so beautifully and so easy to visualize. Thank you.

I've seen the same thing, since I've been a little girl - so for over 28+ years-, and although no one has ever explained it to me, I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the 'creating energy' or I also sometimes call it 'life energy'.

And yes, I can always tell whether it is good or bad, the vibrations I feel and the waves/ patterns that I see of this 'energy' is usually more calm, and harmonious in movement when good, and very erratic when the room suddenly gets a bad feel to it, or when entering a room with negative energy. ( I can also sense the same about people.)

This is not only restricted to rooms for me, I can see this wherever I go, I have grown accustomed to it, and laugh at people who sometimes post here about how some people should get their eyes checked.
My answer to that would be perhaps they should be more at peace with themselves, and meditate or just try to notice things around them more, and maybe they could see/experience this phenomena too.

Thank you for creating a thread about something I have known about all my life but only dared to share with very few people, and mostly only with those who can see this phenomena too.

S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Aelfrede
So how do you suggest eliminating those obvious possible reasons? Is just a one off medical and optician's check up enough (showing blood pressure and retinas ok) or do you feel blood pressure needs to be recorded frequently throughout day over a certain amount of time to prove that what is being seen is not related to blood pressure? Basically, I'm wondering how much the skeptics need before they will consider a possible paranormal cause?

In this case: yes. He should have a cursory medical check up done. Then, since he says this is something he's always been able to do, he should be able to take his blood pressure before and after. This wouldn't be hard, you can buy an electronic self tester at a bloody Walmart if you want. This would be 1) good for his health, 2) good for reducing the skepticism surrounding such abilities, and 3) helpful to those of us that -don't- see or experience things like you do, so we can possibly learn to.

I guess, for me, it depends on how much I actually want to understand. I've had several "paranormal" experiences in my life. I have always tried to work through it logically and eliminate any mundane possibilities. I don't see why people who experience these things are so offended by the process of elimination. Wouldn't you -want- to be sure what you experiences was special? Wouldn't you -want- to be sure that you aren't suffering something potentially health-hazardous?

It's like people who have these abilities refuse to try to quantify them, or test them in any meaningful way. When questioned, many seem to default their stance to "Well it's just the way I see it, you can't explain it, I'm just special."

It's possible, so why not help us be more enlightened? Instead of just saying it happened and it's mystical, help examine and advance that part of science, because it really -is- science, forward?

Science is not spiritualism's enemy. Trying to determine what causes your ability that you feel is helpful can only help others advance. People go on and on about how humanity has to evolve, but the ones with these special abilities seem to have no interest in helping humanity do that.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So if God's heavy in the room I know that, because I can physically see it in the air

Can you clarify which god your talking about please

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Indeed.....I'd be interested to know what OP would 'perceive' in the home of a devout pagan.

Strikes me OP is projecting rather than perceiving.
edit on 25-9-2013 by squarehead666 because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Sounds more like visual snow, or as I prefer, static vision... Is your vision anything like a snowy television station at times?..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How is that stupidity?

Science only aims to explain in technical terms what our minds perceive as magical, fantastical, and especially spiritual.

It does not diminish the spiritual in any sense. Spirit will always exist. Science only explains it in a not so magical sense so it is understandable universally.

You of all people should have an open mind!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i have an abilty of my own i can feel wath others feel... happyness sadness and sometimes pain. what im saying like every human is differnet so are the things we can do. but the best way to learn is to use it the more you use it the more you will learn about it. i was been useing mine for about 5 years.

so use your abilty....

sora

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join