It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Sea being eaten by sinkholes: huge chasms appearing in the region at a rate of one per day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Call this a new item... I had no idea it was going on and as others no idea why....www.dailymail.co.uk...

September 20, 2013 – Israel – The Dead Sea is drying up at an incredible rate leaving huge chasms of empty space in its wake. These chasms appear in the form of large, devastating sinkholes and are increasing in number throughout the region. Experts claim they are now forming at a rate of nearly one a day, but have no way of knowing when or how they will show up. Estimates by Moment magazine suggest that, on the Israeli side alone, there are now over 3,000 sinkholes around the Dead Sea. This compares to just 40 counted in 1990, with the first sinkhole appearing in the 1980s.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...< br />
edit on 20-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix BB code

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't have a link but I recall reading that aquifers in the area are being depleted. I wonder if the aquifer draining is leading to the sinkholes.
or any connection to the Louisiana sinkholes?
these must be interesting times for geologists.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It's all those DUMBs they're building. lol.

Honestly, I do wonder if we're just seeing more news coverage of this kind of thing. Or if there really is a sinkhole pandemic in the world right now.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: whatever

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: gap corrected

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Kind of scratching my head and my back-end as to what is the big deal about saving the Dead Sea... It is going through Mother Nature's cycle... the sea was isolated in ancient history and now it is going through a natural cycle unless all those bathers tinkled in it.....
I read the article and found no information as to whether this was actually human caused or do we just not understand what is really happening...
Have we (human beings) gotten so terrible we are even effecting a "saltwater water hole"..
Seem we are the virus in the body of the Earth. Just because thing in nature and the earth are continuously changing and we don't know why.. we think that we are the wild card in the equation of life and change.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Florida is the sinkhole capital of the world but what started as nature has ended up being made worse by man. That part will get worse around the world as we delete our resources. Not sure about those in Israel. If ever get a chance to see one do so, it is spooky.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Let's see if my schooling or lack of can help. Oil, Nat Gas and the lack of fresh water being sucked dry
from this planet has to create holes, right?

To get Oil from a well, you add salt water to bring it to the top. Oil is the Earth's blood, it keeps it cool from
the Sun's ray's and the core of the earth. Water when heated does what?

They know this, why the stupid HUH? It's why they play dumb. Sink holes? Just wait untill a whole city goes
under someday and mill's die in just one night.

Not that I want it to happen, that would be a Bad Day for all of us! So let's play like we don't know while we try to find something else to put into the wells.

That would be my first try. Care to share your understanding?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Florida sinkhole capital of the world.....err....I don't think so not even close. Maybe the worst in the U.S. but not the world. I am pretty sure there a places in Russia that are far worse but I don't think they are even #1 for sinkholes in the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, just a wild guess, but I suppose taking all that oil out of the area would leave some underground voids. Oil is usually pressurized in the wells, that pressure is now gone.

Other than that, empty water aquifers and extra energy causing liquification of the crust.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Very interesting. The OP article offered an explanation:

Sinkholes are basically bowl-shaped features that form when an empty space under the ground creates a depression.

The depression is the result of a reaction between freshwater and salt buried in a subterranean level beneath the surface.

When the freshwater dissolves the salt, it creates a void, causing the landscape around and above it to suddenly collapse.

...The significant decline of the water level over the past 30 years is due to diversion of water from the Jordan River and from the Dead Sea itself due to population increase.

S&F

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by dlbott

Florida sinkhole capital of the world.....err....I don't think so not even close. Maybe the worst in the U.S. but not the world. I am pretty sure there a places in Russia that are far worse but I don't think they are even #1 for sinkholes in the world.

OK, capital in the real world. Lol no one knows or hears about squat from Russia oh did I mention cares, doh sorry dry humor.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by 727Sky

It's all those DUMBs they're building. lol.

Honestly, I do wonder if we're just seeing more news coverage of this kind of thing. Or if there really is a sinkhole pandemic in the world right now.

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: whatever

edit on 9/20/2013 by Klassified because: gap corrected

I have not a clue of even what to think anymore..

here's my Thread of a video I found...definitely getting interesting

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know this may be waaaay off but I do remember back in the late nineties whereas the talk of the LHC could cause black holes and or sink holes? I have no idea as to why they are occurring so much around the world and frankly, I think it's anyone's guess as to why.

edit on 21-9-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I just wanted to confirm that I heard the same thing. Here's the video

I had to come back and post this interesting article. It doesn't have anything to do w/ the dead-sea but it does have to do w/ earthquakes underground. This is the largest EQ stumping scientist. I'm hoping the more info we get we might beable to connect some dots (?)

Largest quake underground
edit on 21-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Add

new topics

top topics

join