It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Giant Sinkholes Appearing All Over America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
ok .. not sure if this video got posted but.. I litterly just was looking at this video and was going to post it up when I see there's a thread now that a sink hole just hit Kansas~!

Here's the video ..

but is type of thing happens ALL the time .. or does it.. cuz' to me .. it seems it's a weekly or monthly occurance .. and I'm the only one that noticies this ., ?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 6-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One happened here in Florida some months ago which swallowed a house with a resident inside.

They say the underground aquifers are drying up creating caverns which sometimes collapse because we pump the water out for agriculture.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.portal.state.pa.us...

www.sinkholes.com...
edit on 6-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Komodo

I've thought that, also - but I don't know if sinkholes are really this common and we're just hearing about it more -
or if there really has been a huge increase.

Someone is going to blame oil fracking - I don't know.

link   
reply to post by Komodo

All over the world not just America...

Recently in the Netherlands

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
One happened here in Florida some months ago which swallowed a house with a resident inside.

They say the underground aquifers are drying up creating caverns which sometimes collapse because we pump the water out for agriculture.

Not just for agriculture. Isn't T Boone Pickens buying up underground water rights?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same. Is this one of those things that we just hear so much about now, because of the internet? Maybe sink holes were not news worthy in the past, when there was only a half hour of news time to fill. But it does sure seem like they happen a lot, and with increasing frequency. And with all the fracking going on, I have to wonder if there is a connection.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by Komodo

WHOA !

star.. yea.. in the video it does say briefly it is happening all over the globe .. personally .. I seriously doubt it's fracking.. due to the kansas thread of the poster that check the states drilling site and saw no fracking near where that sink hole is even located ..
edit on 6-8-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Agriculture is just one of the bigger reasons and they seem to appear after major droughts more often. Also I am sure there are many groups buying up water rights one day that will be a major industry here.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First, they are most natural in Florida due to the geology of the region. Texas, Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee and Pennsylvania are also common states where they occur.

Interestingly enough, between 2006 and 2010, there were 26,000+ claims according to Yahoo News regarding sinkhole damage. Maybe the recent "news" coverage has your thinking in whack.

Do tell me though, what do you mean by "all over America"?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
this just got posted on the kansas sinkhole thread ..

The Russian city being 'eaten alive': Cars, buses, and trucks disappear beneath the earth as they are swallowed by giant sinkholes

Citizens of Samara live in daily fear of the ground disappearing beneath them
Dozens of holes have sprung up across the city in recent weeks
The sinkholes have left a trail of devastation and reportedly claimed one life

Source

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Do tell me though, what do you mean by "all over America"?

former text removed due to my inept responce thinking everyone can view you tube vids *wow.. that's .. was really stupid* ..

deepest apoligies..

from the video the narrator is stating that there's is a large amount of sinkholes being reported around the USA and some around the globe.... some just keep growing in size like the one in Russia (posted above) .. the narrator states timestamps for each of them he talks about .. but there are more than in the video ..
edit on 6-8-2013 by Komodo because: manners and decorum

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Drop the smug attitude. I cannot watch the video here where I am at. But I did research sink-holes and where they occur before I posted. So what is this region wide calamity you are clamoring on about? There are natural sinkholes and unnatural ones.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

see edited post above..

bad habit to get into .. sorry ..

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've been on alert concerning the sinkhole happenings which seem to be a lot more frequent than just a few years ago To me the issue as to why sinkholes seem to be more common these days and what could be causing it is what worries me. I think the answer is more frightening than the act.
edit on 6-8-2013 by lostbook because: bad sentence structure

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Fracking, mining, depletion of mineral deposits, would be my guess as to why they are becoming more common. Population density may play a roll in urban settings....I think the bayou corne sinkhole is most defiantly from over mining.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by Komodo

WHOA !

star.. yea.. in the video it does say briefly it is happening all over the globe .. personally .. I seriously doubt it's fracking.. due to the kansas thread of the poster that check the states drilling site and saw no fracking near where that sink hole is even located ..
edit on 6-8-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

Galactus destroyer of worlds...

GALACTUS IS COMING...

edit on 6-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Are they becoming more common? Do you have any evidence to back this up?!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Very Scifi stuff indeed. It horrifies my imagination to think too deeply about what the real reason and future is for these mysterious holes that have always been around but have just stated to ramp up their activity since the beginning of this latest sunspot cycle. What is worse is that no real answers or even intelligent speculation are being brought to the public and so like all good conspiracies, we will have to wait until the coverup has run its course.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm of the opinion that they seem more common of late in America due to the droughts we've been enduring.
Add in a decreased water table, and agriculture water needs, and the collapse we've been seeing could easily be attributed to cavern collapses.

Given that El Paso, Texas' water supply is largely fed from briney deep water wells, and due to the droughts to the north of us, I'd not be surprised to see similar events on the far east side of the city. While we've had some rain locally, I'd not say we have escaped drought conditions here, certainly not enough to supply the cities' water needs or irrigation.

Also there are some instances where 'sinkholes' have are caused by too much flooding and rain, though it's more that the supporting earth has been washed out from under the pavement by faulty drainage pipes.

M.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join