It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: House votes to defund Obamacare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, but it will because my husband and I already are paying double since October, when the insurance bid was awarded to another provider, and our insurance is government subsidized, and we have been on this insurance since 98, to make things worst our deductibles double and our out of pocket expenses triple, all since October, 2012, with another increase in this past March that was halted in congress for the time being, supposedly at the end we are to pay triple what we used to pay before Obama care because to the government it wasn't enough and the new provider is cutting cost, as he won the bid with less money, so we will pay more for less coverage, even when we are considered healthy and fit and I am a big believer of natural medicine, I only visit my doctor when something more serious is suspected.

So I know first hand what is heading our way and yours, insurance or not, subsidized or not. Obamacare is crap but you are to find out when is going to be too late.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is all for show, so don't get too excited. The Rhinos are are trying to pacify their constituents for the 2014 elections.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

can't be any worse than the 565 dollars a month in insurance premiums i'm paying now for just 2 of us...republicancrap has been the only thing i'm hearing from your billionaire dictators and messiahs, the KOCH BROS.

these republicans are scum of the earth, not fit to be dog poo on the bottom of my shoe...2 yellowish oozing pustules on the hind rump of an dead maggot infested warthog.

Ah yes. Poetic justice.

The Corporatist enema called PPACA all the doings of a 100% Democrat sponsored agenda.

Every evil Republican voted against the Obama spawned legislation that now threatens the very existence of social order as we know it.

Every Lobbyist available was successful in tipping the Left Wing's cravings into reality.

Enjoy low rates while you can.

They will continue up and Up and UP

and UP !!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
they have voted something like 40 times already to defund repeal obamacare.
that little piss ant Harry Reid, won't let it come to the floor.

this makes me think that there are more in the senate that want to do away with obamacare than that is being let known.

if they think that they have the majority in the senate to defeat the bill, why not vote.
they know that the true story will come out of how who stands on what and where the weakness is.

And if they don't have the votes in the senate - and they don't - why squander even more taxpayer time and money?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by jimmyx

can't be any worse than the 565 dollars a month in insurance premiums i'm paying now for just 2 of us...republicancrap has been the only thing i'm hearing from your billionaire dictators and messiahs, the KOCH BROS.

these republicans are scum of the earth, not fit to be dog poo on the bottom of my shoe...2 yellowish oozing pustules on the hind rump of an dead maggot infested warthog.

Ah yes. Poetic justice.

The Corporatist enema called PPACA all the doings of a 100% Democrat sponsored agenda.

Every evil Republican voted against the Obama spawned legislation that now threatens the very existence of social order as we know it.

Every Lobbyist available was successful in tipping the Left Wing's cravings into reality.

Enjoy low rates while you can.

They will continue up and Up and UP

and UP !!!

That's what the right wing fearmongers want you to believe so that they can keep the status quo and continue to screw and squeeze the middle class and the working poor. The right wing really does want you poor, sick and stupid. Just read the GOP's platform.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, but it will because my husband and I already are paying double since October, when the insurance bid was awarded to another provider, and our insurance is government subsidized, and we have been on this insurance since 98, to make things worst our deductibles double and our out of pocket expenses triple, all since October, 2012, with another increase in this past March that was halted in congress for the time being, supposedly at the end we are to pay triple what we used to pay before Obama care because to the government it wasn't enough and the new provider is cutting cost, as he won the bid with less money, so we will pay more for less coverage, even when we are considered healthy and fit and I am a big believer of natural medicine, I only visit my doctor when something more serious is suspected.

So I know first hand what is heading our way and yours, insurance or not, subsidized or not. Obamacare is crap but you are to find out when is going to be too late.

1) the law has NOT gone into effect. You are being screwed now because they can't screw you later.
2) Blame your employer; not the law. Your employer doesn't value it's workers enough to negotiate better rates for better coverage. It IS out there. I bet somebody in HR got a great big bonus for that deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think it's ironic that Joe the Plumber will be out of a job because of Obamacare, but thankfully it may be re-appealed and I'm so happy about that. I am willing to donate some of my tax dollars to those that deserve it, but I don't want my money redistributed. Redistribution is not a system that lasts very long, it eventually dries up and everyone suffers in the end, including the beggars.

The system we had in place seemed to have worked fine, only that the laws needed adjustments. There was too much government intervention with medical care and doctors are too easily sued which drives the price of insurance sky-high. I find this ironic because there are people that know just how bad the government screws up at just about anything they touch, yet they want them to regulate, moderate, and determine who gets healthcare and if you don't pay up you can go to prison.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I'll take my chances with the wolves because I'm willing to work for what I deserve.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

The old system? What old system?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RealWoman

No, Healthcare rose an average of 20% for each one of the companies I consult for. What went down? Vision care and life insurance stayed the same.

The right wing 'agenda' is not about keeping down the middle class. It IS the middle class. The independent company owners. Healthcare reform should mean affordable care and it is not. Far from it. The left tried this with Clinton also and at that time they could not pass it. There is no need for national healthcare. What they need are newer anti trust laws and to break up the monopolies. Healthcare will account for almost 25% of the GNP by the end of this decade.

HR people are not getting bonuses. They are getting longer hours and more complex rules for nothing but corporate profits for the friends in the government of large pharma companies.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by RealWoman

That's what the right wing fearmongers want you to believe so that they can keep the status quo and continue to screw and squeeze the middle class and the working poor. The right wing really does want you poor, sick and stupid. Just read the GOP's platform.

So let me understand your confusion better.

You are saying the PPACA, which every Republican in Congress voted against, and the same PPACA that every Democrat supported and passed in Congress, along with the entire Left Wing leadership is actually a Right Wing plot to enslave the middle class ?

And the Obama appointed HHS and IRS Secretaries that have been changing things like crazy are part of the plot too ?

Very confusing indeed.

Sounds like the entire Democratic Party has been infiltrated.

It must be the Corporatist agenda at work again !!

The PPACA (ObamaCAre) is 100% Left Wing / Corporatist banking.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is government subsidized health care if you have never had health care in your life you have no clue how it works, but we have all our life as my husband is a retired Marine and now we are under government insurance.

So yes, we are getting screw by the same government that is promising "affordable care to those that do not have insurance" we do and we know exactly the crap they are offering.

Wake up people, the smell of deception is going to hit everybody very soon.

Read my words, Obamacare never, ever in its entirety will control the cost of care, is not clause that say it will control deductibles and neither out of pocket expenses, medications is not even in the bill, the only thing it said is that we all are to buy insurance by mandate now tax and that nobody will be denied

Many people that never have healthcare do not understand that getting a cheaper insurance means higher deductibles that is you out of pocket expenses that you have to pay before you even get to see a doctor.

Less deductibles mean higher prices in insurance, employees will chose the first to cut cost while forcing the employees to shed more money, if they only chose this type of insurance, while in compliance with the government, you still get screw.

Obamacare is likely to make high-deductible policies more common. Companies that face penalties if they don’t offer coverage are seeking inexpensive health plans to fulfill the law’s requirements. According to a survey by consulting firm Towers Watson of businesses with at least 1,000 workers, 79 percent intend to offer a high-deductible policy next year. At almost a quarter of the companies, it will be the only offering available. In August, FedEx (FDX) told its 225,000 U.S. workers it would provide only high-deductible coverage in 2014. “Obviously conservatives are very upset about Obamacare,” says Drew Altman, chief executive officer of the Kaiser Family Foundation, “but beneath the radar screen, the vision of insurance that they’ve always favored, with much more skin in the game, is the one that’s coming to dominate in the marketplace.”

Now if you are a poor or people with not monetary means you will welcome the expansion of Medicare, still crappy but no for the poor.

Obamacare’s so-called Cadillac tax, which begins in 2018, will also encourage employers to adopt high-deductible plans, says Tracy Watts, a senior partner at Mercer. Companies will face a 40 percent tax on premiums that exceed $10,200 for individual coverage. Raising deductibles is the most common way companies are keeping premiums down to avoid the tax, Mercer’s surveys show.

Higher deductibles save healthy people money, but those with chronic diseases or unexpected injuries pay more than they would with comprehensive policies. The plans may also discourage people from seeing a doctor. A RAND Corp. study of 53 large employers published in 2011 found that while high-deductible plans cut health spending by 14 percent, participants got less preventive care than people on other plans.

www.businessweek.com...

If you work for a company that only employ less than 40 people then you will be on your own as this companies will be exempt from Obamacare mandate to provide employees with insurance, another littler loophole in the bill.

Obamacare requires the Secretary of HHS to work with states to establish an annual review of “unreasonable” rate increases, to monitor premium increases, and to award grants to states to carry out their rate review process. The health care law does not define an “unreasonable” rate increase and does not specify the rate review process. Health insurance premium reviews are already a typical state government function as 43 states already have rate review processes. The state rate reviews primarily ensure that premiums are high enough to ensure the insurer’s solvency rather than guard against “unreasonable” premium increases.

www.heritage.org...

What some insurance companies have to say about premiums increases under Obamacare,

Obamacare Guarantees Higher Health Insurance Premiums -- $3,000+ Higher

www.forbes.com...

So if anybody can find in the bill were it say that your cost will not increase in providers affordability and that medications are included and that deductibles are free to post it in here I will love to read it, health care insurance is more than just going to the doctor and getting seen, is a whole bunch of crap included that if you never had insurance in your life is going to blow your mind away.

That is where the insurance are going to drain your pockets into oblivion. because they are no in business of losing money and state and federal government protect them for that.

I was one of the many here in ATS that dissected this bill when it was still been argued in congress, so yes I know exactly the crap that is going to hit by mandate AKA taxes hard working Americans in this nation.

For those that can not be mandate AKA taxed because income limits, that is why it was soo important for states expansions of Medicaid.

But in a twist of fate the supreme court ban Obamacare from penalizing states that will opt out of Medicaid expansion

Who will be left behind in Obamacare

The other group of people that won't see Obamacare benefits is Americans with incomes below federal poverty level. Through a twist of fate, these poorest of the poor might not get the help they'd hoped for from Obamacare.

The Affordable Care Act says people with incomes below 133 percent of federal poverty level are supposed to get Medicaid under the Medicaid expansion program. However, the Supreme Court ruled that states didn't have to expand their Medicaid programs, that Medicaid expansion was optional. Some states have opted to expand their Medicaid programs in keeping with the original intent of the Affordable Care Act, and some have opted not to.

When the Affordable Care Act was written, it was assumed that people with incomes below FPL would all be covered by Medicaid. Since they were supposed to be getting Medicaid for free, they weren't included in the list of those eligible for subsidies to help buy health insurance.

healthinsurance.about.com...

Enjoy this post people I got more where all this information was gathered and researched.

edit on 22-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Your right, I know nothing about you and judging from your response, I know more than I care too already.

The reason this country is in the current financial condition is because of the lack of jobs which generate the tax revenue for government spending. If the government goes ahead and allowcates monies it does not have on programs such as infrastructure improvements, there will be a great deal of increase in the monies then made available to the government. Not just the feds but also the states and cities through tax collections on goods and services bought by those people who are then working. I know this is totally counter to those who "know better" but that is how things work. The more jobs you generate, the more tax money you have. Fewer jobs means less money for everybody.

In many ways I would enjoy the federal government to shut down for about a year. This would be the only way many people would learn the need for it and the programs which it carries out. I know there is fraud, waste and abuse in all of them, and most of it is not done by John Q Public.

We in America do not have the best possible governmental system in the world but it beats the HELL out of anything else I have seen in the past 70 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

teamcommander

Your right, I know nothing about you and judging from your response, I know more than I care too already.

The reason this country is in the current financial condition is because of the lack of jobs which generate the tax revenue for government spending. If the government goes ahead and allowcates monies it does not have on programs such as infrastructure improvements, there will be a great deal of increase in the monies then made available to the government. Not just the feds but also the states and cities through tax collections on goods and services bought by those people who are then working. I know this is totally counter to those who "know better" but that is how things work. The more jobs you generate, the more tax money you have. Fewer jobs means less money for everybody.

In many ways I would enjoy the federal government to shut down for about a year. This would be the only way many people would learn the need for it and the programs which it carries out. I know there is fraud, waste and abuse in all of them, and most of it is not done by John Q Public.

We in America do not have the best possible governmental system in the world but it beats the HELL out of anything else I have seen in the past 70 years.

EXACTLY!
We may not be that far apart as I first thought.
This is the thing though, this "healthcare" is just another burden on the American people that we can not handle right now.
With only about half of our populace currently paying taxes it will just pull us down farther.
If it has to be done, why not wait until we get back on our feet, get our spending under control, and take the time to get it right.
Obama care was passed by people who never read the bill and got it passed through extortion and backroom deals.
You seem to be a little asinine, but intelligent enough to understand this.
Quad

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

As mentally troubled and/or challanged as I may be, I do realize this piece of legislation has been passed by both houses of congress and even upheld by the Supreme court.
It is settled law.
It's funding has been established in the budget already. The only effect which will come about by the "defunding" votes in the house is to that which comes from any discretionary spending from the White House. A very miniscule amount.
The threat to shut down the government is just stage dressing by the Rep. so they look like they actually did something this session.
If they had any part of the American peoples welfare in mind they would have done much more with their time than to pass the same bill 40+ times just to put on a show for such a small part of their own party members.

Oh, I do appreciate your very uninformed estimate of my mental capacities. Even if you are right. It got me out of the military.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Are none of you aware of the new tax you will be paying no matter if you have it, do not have it or choose it? Did you know that if you spouse has coverage somewhere else your employer can charge you more? How about the fact that big businesses get another break till 2015 and we as citizens do not? This way, all that corporate money can go to elections and when they change it in 2015 prior to the next POTUS election they will look grand?

I am also sooooo tired of people stating that the Republicans are posturing. It is not wanted on BOTH sides of the aisle. It needs to be repealed so we do not as citizens get burdened with more taxes while they cut funding for needed programs. I will say it again, this bill sucks donkey nutz

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How's that kool-aid taste?

1. Who does your 'insurance' payment go to? A: A corporation.
2. What corporation has your individual best interests at heart. A: Corporations don't have hearts.
3. Which congressmen are going to lose their pensions over this fiasco? A: Oh ... I forgot about that golden parachute. That's right ... 100% for the rest of their lives! Either way they get it.
4. The ACA is simply redistribution of wealth. Who do you think winds up paying for services rendered when the recipient can't? Why did the SCOTUS say, "Okay, you can get away with this as long as it's simply defined as a tax."

Deny ignorance? How about STOP BEING ignorant!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am a bit confused about Obamacare. Maybe someone can answer a couple of questions I have. I have read a lot of info but still have questions. Will doctors be forced to accept Obamacare? Who exactly is the insurance company? Is it Medicaid? Because no doctors currently take Medicaid. Does Obamacare expand the Medicaid program? I rather go read a nice 300 page book then this gargantuan piece of garbage that no one read and just voted on, isn't it over 2000 pages?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Pimpintology
I am a bit confused about Obamacare. Maybe someone can answer a couple of questions I have. I have read a lot of info but still have questions. Will doctors be forced to accept Obamacare? Who exactly is the insurance company? Is it Medicaid? Because no doctors currently take Medicaid. Does Obamacare expand the Medicaid program? I rather go read a nice 300 page book then this gargantuan piece of garbage that no one read and just voted on, isn't it over 2000 pages?

A better confusing question is;

If no doctors currently take Medicaid, how could Medicaid even already exist and then be expanded ?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

xuenchen

If no doctors currently take Medicaid, how could Medicaid even already exist and then be expanded ?

Touché sir. I seem to recall it somewhere possibly expanding Medicaid. So thus the confusion. If Medicaid is the insurance why is it called Obamacare? I know that in my state within 100 miles only one single doctor takes Medicaid. I am guessing that doc is just starting their practice or something. Just a guess because no other doctors do and I have been told they will actually lose money if they did that Medicaid pays 40 dollars per visit or so.

Expanding Medicaid I believe would just include making it available to more people. This would probably end Medicaid all together. Not the program just that no docs would take it ever again. I do side with the docs on this one. They aren't in the business to lose money. So back to my original question what is Obamacare? Is it Medicaid or is it an insurance company with a name?

From what I read and understand everyone will get it and those that don't want it will get fined. Those who cannot afford it get it free. From what I already know that's Medicaid. So to go in a complete circle here. Why in the world would we need a 2000+ page document to give everyone what they already have that's already worthless? Maybe someones getting paid I dunno. As I said I am confused.

If anyone could straighten me out I would appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

This are some facts and links to news.

What The 'Obamacare' Decision Means For Medicaid

talkingpointsmemo.com...

If you are under the guide lines of Obamacare poverty line, you can not be forced or taxed into buying health care, neither qualify for subsidies from the government this is the part of the bill that never took into consideration the very poor, as Obamacare was after those that can pay into insurance.

Now, the reason the government did this is because they were counting on forcing states to expand Medicaid, for the very poor.

The way Medicaid works is that states are the ones that provide the funding for it by taxes, but the government gives also funding to help, this under obamacare was to cover for the whole implementation and expansion of the program for 3 years, but then after that the states were to be left with the whole bill

But because the Supreme court decided that Obama can not force state into expanding medicaid, a lot of states been on budgets problems now have the choice of opting out from the expansion, leaving millions of the very poor without coverage.

Many states will have to raise taxes in order to accommodate for the expansion after 3 years, this means that the working class that already are to be taxed under Obamacare by the Federal government will be taxes again in order to expand Medicaid.

This do not go well with those that are already in the middle of the whole mess that Obamacare is causing to the working class.

Pray that your state will support Medicaid expansion if you are in the very poor class, but remember Medicaid is not a full health care program either.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join