It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: House votes to defund Obamacare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

I like the way obamacare would ALLOW entreprenuers to have healthcare! No longer would your healthcare be tied to you having a job working for someone.

If you desire to sell peanuts for a living and is satisfied you will be allowed to do this and still have healthcare. As it is now, unless you are rich, you are forced to work toward making someone else rich simply to have healthcare. That is slavery to me!

Where are all the "true Americans" who remember when America was about creating your own?

I bet plenty of you didn't know obamacare does this for you?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Obamacrap is just that crap and the poor will still no be able to have healthcare without expansion of Medicaid and is not going to be free, Obamacrap is an insurance business con dream come true, no wonder they wrote it.

Wake up and smell what the corporate dictatorship is doing to America they are forcing commerce by taxing you to death.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

DZAG Wright
reply to post by Wiz4769

I like the way obamacare would ALLOW entreprenuers to have healthcare! No longer would your healthcare be tied to you having a job working for someone.

If you desire to sell peanuts for a living and is satisfied you will be allowed to do this and still have healthcare. As it is now, unless you are rich, you are forced to work toward making someone else rich simply to have healthcare. That is slavery to me!

Where are all the "true Americans" who remember when America was about creating your own?

I bet plenty of you didn't know obamacare does this for you?

One has always been allowed previously to buy "independent" policies but at what price? The highest of course!
this is why I said an alternative to forced care via tax or dot gov care was allowing consumer co-ops to negotiate like the big boys - that's made illegal under ACA and existing law.

Co-ops (think credit union) would be much more effective - the paying for another layer of bureaucracy on top of insurers bureaucracy which contributes exactly ZERO to your actual healthcare but increases costs.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

DZAG Wright
reply to post by Wiz4769

Sorry for DP! computer acting up!
edit on 20-9-2013 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For all of you who are pro Obamacare:
What has the government ever created that has not turned into waste and abuse?
Seriously. ..................
Are you really so blinded that you believe this will be different?
Quad

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

America's lack of healthcare until this point has been a national scandal. Oh and the Republicans can vote to defund it until they're blue in the face. It's not going to happen. Why can't they get on with more productive things like planning to replace America's rotting infrastructure? You know what - that might help boost the economy!!!
edit on 21-9-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Nevermind. The whole thing is so damm complicated that it isnt even worth discussing. 20,000 pages of bull#. Let me know when usa gets national healthcare instead of this make believe reform.

It does seem to have some pluses but there are also many minuses.

The whole thing should be scrapped and left for a later date when the economy shows signs of recovery.
edit on 21/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Quadrivium
Quad

I take it you have never heard of Social Security Or Medi-Care.

I am well aware of the "terrible abuses" which take place in each of these programs and I know you will never acknowledge any good has come from them; and you can't be wrong.

Of course, you are aware you can opt out of the Social Security program, not have deductions taken from your paycheck, and burn your Social Security card. But then when you reach retirement age you can't draw from the program and just hope you don't get sick. Also should you get married and/or have kids they will not be allowed to draw from your benefits.

But, I am sure you have already done this, so why are you really concered about it?
edit on 21-9-2013 by teamcommander because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

teamcommander

Quadrivium
Quad

I take it you have never heard of Social Security Or Medi-Care.

I am well aware of the "terrible abuses" which take place in each of these programs and I know you will never acknowledge any good has come from them; and you can't be wrong.

Of course, you are aware you can opt out of the Social Security program, not have deductions taken from your paycheck, and burn your Social Security card. But then when you reach retirement age you can't draw from the program and just hope you don't get sick. Also should you get married and/or have kids they will not be allowed to draw from your benefits.

But, I am sure you have already done this, so why are you really concered about it?
edit on 21-9-2013 by teamcommander because: spelling

You know absolutely nothing about me. You think you can tell who a person is by an avatar and a quote?.........Well if the post above is any indication you may be just that dense.
If you would be realistic for a moment and think for yourself, you would understand that when I get to retirement age THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE THERE WON'T BE ANY SOCIAL SECURITY!
@AngryC, You want them to work on infrastructure? Great!, where are the criminally insane representatives (dems and repubs) gonna get that money?
(@ both of you)
Do you have a clue about our national debt?
Do you realize that during the terms of 43 presidents of the USA we accumulated 10 trillion dollars in dept?
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT HAS ALMOST DOUBLED IN ONLY 5 SHORT YEARS!
5 years ago it would have taken $30, 000 from each American to pay off the debt, now it's closer to $60, 000! What will it be in 10 more years.
You may want that future for your children but I AM WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR MINE!
I am also willing to sacrifice YOUR healthcare if it will help get this out of hand spending under control.
Pull your heads out of the clouds and join us here in the real world.
Quad

edit on 21-9-2013 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Because it isn't worthy of a vote, it is pure party politics. This is all the Republican controlled house has down...pass partisan bills that aren't allowed through committee or allowed to have amendments submitted to them by anyone (so democrats have zero say) and then pass the bill on pure party lines (not a single democrat voted for this in the house).

Also, to defund the ACA at this point without having something to replace it is a horrible idea. Defunding doesn't remove the laws or regulations, all it does is remove the assistance given to low income people to help them purchase the mandated insurance. Without the assistance, they will all still be fined because the law is still law. Also, it would hurt hospitals because they wouldn't be getting assistance either.

If they think the goal is to make the law unenforceable, then what they will be doing is putting a lot of people with pre-existing conditions in a horrible situation as they will all be dropped immediately from their policies and then never be able to get new policies. Kids who are currently benefiting from the ACA and getting desperately needed treatment will be turned away and left to die because insurance companies are no longer forced to cover them.

The bottom line is that Republicans trying to defund the ACA is an immature and cowardly act. If they are actually serious about a solution, don't vote to repeal it or defund it...they should come up with their own replacement plan and vote to pass that.

Since they aren't putting forth a replacement bill, and only voting over and over on repealing and defunding, you can tell they aren't serious and just playing partisan/election politics.

But you guys go ahead and continue to cheer them on.

Oh but the children!!!! how can we be so callous... F them... F you, and F everyone else who thinks that it within yours or anyone's authority to tell me what I must do and to support everyone else's lives. It is NOT...

IT's not my responsibility and it is not within their or your authority.

Everyone seems to think that Americans won't do anything... Some people have known it, especially foreign countries. Americans are sleeping tigers, there will come a time in the near future at the rate we're going that the tail stepping will be enough to wake them up and God help us all if that happens.

I don't know why people feel the need to have so much control over other people and can't just let freedom ring...The good and the bad of it. It is so much better. PEople will and do help other people when not coerced.

I know I would and do...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by Quadrivium

America's lack of healthcare until this point has been a national scandal. Oh and the Republicans can vote to defund it until they're blue in the face. It's not going to happen. Why can't they get on with more productive things like planning to replace America's rotting infrastructure? You know what - that might help boost the economy!!!
edit on 21-9-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

NO government work ever can help the economy. Especially in a down turn. The new deal actually hurt recovery from the depression rather than help it.

Virtually nothing that government does helps the economy, it only hurts it further. The only thing good that the government can do is help enforce contracts between private enterprise and implement import tariffs to protect American business interests.

That's it, anything else is done to increase their power and influence at the expense of the people.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I see it as the federal government assuming a power not granted by the Constitution.
I see it as a tyrannical expansion that the country was formed to avoid. Much in the same way that a national religion could not be established.
I see it as redefining American citizens as subjects.
I see it as removing due process from the people.

To be frank, I see it as legitimate grounds for the immediate removal of all elected and appointed officials by force, war or any means since other efforts to remove it have not worked.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They were put there to support the conservative agenda...erase ObamaCare and cut government down to size. They are doing their jobs and had better keep doing it or they will be gone in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Obamacrap is just that crap and the poor will still no be able to have healthcare without expansion of Medicaid and is not going to be free, Obamacrap is an insurance business con dream come true, no wonder they wrote it.

Wake up and smell what the corporate dictatorship is doing to America they are forcing commerce by taxing you to death.

can't be any worse than the 565 dollars a month in insurance premiums i'm paying now for just 2 of us...republicancrap has been the only thing i'm hearing from your billionaire dictators and messiahs, the KOCH BROS.
www.newyorker.com...
these republicans are scum of the earth, not fit to be dog poo on the bottom of my shoe...2 yellowish oozing pustules on the hind rump of an dead maggot infested warthog.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Masterjaden

AlienScience
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Because it isn't worthy of a vote, it is pure party politics. This is all the Republican controlled house has down...pass partisan bills that aren't allowed through committee or allowed to have amendments submitted to them by anyone (so democrats have zero say) and then pass the bill on pure party lines (not a single democrat voted for this in the house).

Also, to defund the ACA at this point without having something to replace it is a horrible idea. Defunding doesn't remove the laws or regulations, all it does is remove the assistance given to low income people to help them purchase the mandated insurance. Without the assistance, they will all still be fined because the law is still law. Also, it would hurt hospitals because they wouldn't be getting assistance either.

If they think the goal is to make the law unenforceable, then what they will be doing is putting a lot of people with pre-existing conditions in a horrible situation as they will all be dropped immediately from their policies and then never be able to get new policies. Kids who are currently benefiting from the ACA and getting desperately needed treatment will be turned away and left to die because insurance companies are no longer forced to cover them.

The bottom line is that Republicans trying to defund the ACA is an immature and cowardly act. If they are actually serious about a solution, don't vote to repeal it or defund it...they should come up with their own replacement plan and vote to pass that.

Since they aren't putting forth a replacement bill, and only voting over and over on repealing and defunding, you can tell they aren't serious and just playing partisan/election politics.

But you guys go ahead and continue to cheer them on.

Oh but the children!!!! how can we be so callous... F them... F you, and F everyone else who thinks that it within yours or anyone's authority to tell me what I must do and to support everyone else's lives. It is NOT...

IT's not my responsibility and it is not within their or your authority.

Everyone seems to think that Americans won't do anything... Some people have known it, especially foreign countries. Americans are sleeping tigers, there will come a time in the near future at the rate we're going that the tail stepping will be enough to wake them up and God help us all if that happens.

I don't know why people feel the need to have so much control over other people and can't just let freedom ring...The good and the bad of it. It is so much better. PEople will and do help other people when not coerced.

I know I would and do...

Jaden

Fortunately for humanity, people with your stance are dying out and we will be able to move forward. We are all each others responsibility.

Yeah, when our country was formed and we were in a "Frontier" state, it was every man for himself. Times have changed and continue too.

Imagine we have disclosure and aliens are as selfish as humans...with every alien for itself? It's probably difficult to imagine this because you know it would be impossible for them to reach our planet if they were of that mindset. That in itself should tell you your stance is prehistoric.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Republican party of today is not like those in the past when they had to deal with Tim Foley, and Tom Daschle. The Republicans had it back then, if the government does shut down, the defense, or the response to whatever, might not be that good.

edit on 21-9-2013 by warren408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

Let's hope that the GOP will hold to the line drawn in the sand.

This whole hype and scare of a govt shut down is pretty pathetic on the Tyrant 0bamas part. What a turd.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

BritofTexas
[

The Rabid Right don't want to abolish Obamacare because they think it won't work and is bad for the country.

They want to abolish it beacause they know it will work and is good for the country.

Now that is the funniest, blind following of a political criminal I have ever seen.

Yeah, it will work alright. Cloward and Piven work. Great job Progressives.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

BritofTexas

beezzer

BritofTexas

beezzer
reply to post by AlienScience

This ACA-TAX is just a precursor to a complete government take-over, single-payer style system.

We can but hope.

For those of you who look forward to a complete government run society, you may get your wish. You have good reason to be happy.

I've experienced access to Healthcare on both sides of the pond, one truly Government run and one a wealth lottery and an illness away from bankruptcy.

Single Payer is the way forward for this country.

Yeah, and how is that economy going there, across he pond? What is the current state of the health care there? People left in ambulances, to avoid the clock starting on treatment times recordings.

Maybe you should go back, and take your crap health care ideals with you.
Could you maybe buddy up with 0bama, Piers Morgan and Miley Cyrus?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Simple question. Can someone get coverage once they are diagnosed with say cancer?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join