It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Uses Steak, Vodka, And Caviar To Hammer Republicans On Food Stamp Cuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here is an interesting video showing how much congressmen/women are allotted on food when they travel or just need to eat, pretty sad if you ask me with so many going hungry these days, I have been on S.N.A.P. before and I can tell you from experience that you really do think about food all the time. Sad times we live in....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

HA! I love that women! Go gurl!

At the same time Congress is getting free lunches, and breakfast and dinner, their corporate sponsors are eating high on the hog and writing their lunches, and breakfast and dinners, off on their corporate expense account, which they turn into tax credits. These corporate billionaires are eating for pennies on the dollar, are charging it to the tax payers!

I love subsidizing corporate welfare for fat. rich white men.

edit on 20-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Our government officials are pretty disgusting. We should throw them all out.

I want term limits for all of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This congresswoman has good perception. five bucks a day for someone who is in need is allowable. Stop the abuse of the program not cut the program.

I do see some people who are buying expensive foods with their food card, blowing their monthly allotment in less than two weeks. The next two weeks they are eating macaroni and cheese or raman noodles. When they get a lot of money they go wild, being so broke all the time their consumer conditioning kicks in and they have a hard time planning their menu. This problem of treating themselves is a problem. Not all people on the card do this, but I do notice some that do.

Some people are good at living on less money, others aren't. Maybe having a training session with people on how to budget their food money would be a good thing. The young can't comprehend that their financial state may not improve during the month. They can't fathom that unexpected expenses can arise. Learning to budget everything is a necessity, but that interferes with consumerism. Big business would not like what I say I suppose, this conflicts with their beliefs. I suppose many in the government are under the influence of big business so nothing like this will ever happen.

Learning suffrage is a part of maturing. Learning a little humility is a necessary part of our soul. Many people have never suffered or had humility, they can not understand this concept of becoming a better person through these things. It doesn't mean we should leave people starve though. Teach them to budget.

I knew people who would trade their food card benefits for cash. They do it with friends and relatives most times, saying they need the money for medicines or bills. This happens a lot. Is it the fault of the person getting the food? They are trying to help out the person. Often this is just a scam by the person to get drinking money or money for things they do not really need though, like a great cell phone package. This has to stop. The trouble is that sometimes some people really need things occasionally, like needing the money for a higher than average light bill or to pay the heat if it is cold. There is no clear line of good and bad here. Either way, the practice is illegal.

The government rarely prosecutes the people who are talked into doing this but does punish those who sell their benefits. They know a parent or friend will sometimes help out when needed. There is often no clear proof of this, the person may use their card to buy food which they get reimbursed for when they bring it over. This is done with the elderly a lot when they send people to the store, sometimes they don't even know their kids/grandkids/friend is doing it. They give them cash for the cost of the bill, never looking if a card was used.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Great post! Great video! Great Congresswoman! F&S for the OP!

The only way it could have been any better would be if she'd start naming names. Hell, I'll even get her started....Like how much did "House" nut-jobs Michele Bachmann, Louie Gohmert and Steve King spend eating on their recent trip to Egypt and who the hell authorized round-trip tickets? I could maybe be convinced that it was a reasonable expenditure if we were going to leave them there for good.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yet no one who can genuinely threaten the positions of these "conservative" congresspeople will hear this, and if they did, they still wouldn't give a damn. All they see is coloreds getting free food while they struggle, and they are brainwashed into not noticing that the vast majority of their taxes go into the pockets of the rich.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And this is why the rich must never at the same time be the powerful. The further removed wealth is from power, the better for all the free peoples of the Earth!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Grimpachi

Maybe wipe out the lifetime pensions also....That would be a start to our economic disaster!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

windword

At the same time Congress is getting free lunches, and breakfast and dinner, their corporate sponsors are eating high on the hog and writing their lunches, and breakfast and dinners, off on their corporate expense account, which they turn into tax credits. These corporate billionaires are eating for pennies on the dollar, are charging to the tax payers!

You've almost got it right, why sully an otherwise apt assessment by diluting it with ignorance and racism?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

greencmp

windword

At the same time Congress is getting free lunches, and breakfast and dinner, their corporate sponsors are eating high on the hog and writing their lunches, and breakfast and dinners, off on their corporate expense account, which they turn into tax credits. These corporate billionaires are eating for pennies on the dollar, are charging to the tax payers!

You've almost got it right, why sully an otherwise apt assessment by diluting it with ignorance and racism?

Racism? It's an observation. How many non-white people make up the Senate? Or the House? And considering that more than 50% of the general populace are women...
Okay, so maybe they aren't ALL fat

Over exaggeration at worst...it didn't take away from the meat (or lack thereof now for poor kids) of the post.

My question is...doesn't this have to go back to the big O to be signed into existence?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Because these fat white cats just voted to cut $40 billion in food supplement that will effect women of color and their children more than any one else!?

My question is...doesn't this have to go back to the big O to be signed into existence?

Yes, and he likely VETO it. The GOP is trying to leverage the hunger of America's most needy to get him to stall Obamacare for 4 years. A'int gonna happen!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Not really I do believe there's more white women on aid than black just a higher precentage of blacks than whites. And Obama care really needs to go those of us that work are really tired of carrying the load
edit on 20-9-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

baddmove
Here is an interesting video showing how much congressmen/women are allotted on food when they travel or just need to eat, pretty sad if you ask me with so many going hungry these days, I have been on S.N.A.P. before and I can tell you from experience that you really do think about food all the time. Sad times we live in....

"When a government for the people or by the people becomes a government in spite of the people, then who are we really serving?"

Awesome words.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

mikell
reply to post by windword

Not really I do believe there's more white women on aid than black just a higher precentage of blacks than whites.

What? LOL!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The problem is that 90% or more of those in power are completely obliviouse to what most of us have had to go through to make ends meet. I am willing to bet that the hardest they have ever had to sweat was at a gym. What they spend on one meal is more than many have to eat on for a week and they are not earning it. It's given to them not to mention all the so called business trips that are nothing more than vacation getaways on our dime. Then they want to cut things that people need just to survive.

I am f---king sick of them all. They have to go.
edit on 20-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The numbers just don't add up. Food stamp enrollment is at all time highs, yet I keep hearing commercials about kids going hungry across America. Schools provide two meals a day (Breakfast, lunch). Then I see stories of college kids showing how great they can eat juts off food stamps.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Bet you most of Congress don't even know what a gallon of milk goes for. They and their buddies get richer by taking from the poor. Where is Robin Hood?

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Grimpachi

Maybe wipe out the lifetime pensions also....That would be a start to our economic disaster!!

We could cut their free medical care which continues after they leave office also.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

how bout telling Congress to discontinue their current healthcare plan if they dont defund obamacare and forcing them to be put on the same healthcare plan they are shoving down all of our throats? That'll never happen because they specificly asked for exemptions. If it was so good, they'd want it for themselves, its a joke, defund it, abolish it and vote anyone who voted for it out of office for good, dem or repub...and while we're at it, why not get rid of some of these stupid regulations that cost tax payers and businesses billions in taxes ot enforce and cost billions more in out of pocket expence by raising the prices of everyday goods like coal and electric power? do you know what happens when the govt causes a business shell out money to comply with a new regulation? The company raises the prices of their product or service. why is this so hard to understand? Same goes for healthcare, the very thought that forcing all ppl to buy insurance will cause that insurance to lower in price is teh dumbest thing i've heard next to the word obamacare....
edit on 20-9-2013 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe someone should ask Congresswoman Speier why it has taken her this long to ask these questions?

She has only been a Congresswoman since 2008.

And, before that, she was a member of California's State Senate, before that, the California State Assembly, etc.

She has been living 'off the hog' for 29 years, and she decides to say something about it now?

Ulterior motives, much? I think so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join