It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to scientists, this is the most relaxing tune ever recorded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
TextText PurpleTextText Purplereply to post by purplemer

Ah...no. Some parts actually induced anxiety or sadness. Plus, I do not believe many pll could listen ten whole mins or more without becoming slightly irritated.
Another misleading headline.
Like any medications, unless your psyche tells you it's all good AND you are an Automan, ie; Robotic like, most ppl will react differently to dif tones, beats, loudness, etc.
I'd say this study was done way too subjectively, focussing on one type of music, as well, the headline states," ...most PEOPLE. ' Yet ONLY women were used as subjects when it is STILL men who exhibit higher levels of anxiety & stress? I'm female with 15 years of Registered Nursing and 15 years Of Registered Psychiatric Nursing with a Bachelor Degree in Science and Mental Health. So 30 years of experience along with many related side courses to keep us up on the latest changes which included our own studies and experiments such as this one & many many others....
Nice try Kiddo!

edit on 19-9-2013 by StormyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I've had a great time with your post tonight... playing the various relaxing songs on this post and asking everyone which song felt the most relaxing. It made for a fun night with a few glasses of wine.

The first song in the OP was the one we chose, and we decided that although the mind doesn't really love it, the body does. The harmonics and the tone get into the muscles and the vibe gets into the soul... and it just relaxes you---even if your mind isn't embracing the sound.

We all thought that was interesting...that the body has a mind of its own.

Thanks for starting this thread. It made for a great night!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sorry. Double post.

It must be the music.

Or maybe the wine.

edit on 19-9-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

buster2010
Pink Floyd has the best relaxation sounds out there.

Just add headphones.
edit on 18-9-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Def one of my favs. Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's ok. It's not the best I've ever heard. Give me the Old school Kenny G.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's fairly soothing, I like it.

@Phoenix... That Bladerunner song is spectacular... but then, the entire movie is a masterpiece.

@Everyone who says the scientists are wrong, try looking at it from a different perspective. They took a sample, and the song was found to be 11% more effective than anything else in the sample. We don't know for certain how many songs were sampled, and of course people's tastes differ, but consider the science of sound.

There are certain frequencies that, when played a certain way, or in a certain arrangement, can evoke a certain emotion, or mood. Perhaps if you were doing the same test as those 40 women did, you'd find the song in question more soothing.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Marooned is pretty awesome. Here is an excellent cover.

My favorite chill out song is Black Sabbath's Solitude. Solitude really has a way of slowing down my heart beat. I love the way that Ozzy draws out the words.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Good thread. I like some of the music and beach scene.
I will try it tonight for sleeping. I've been recording some of the water themed shows on the Frame channel. It's similar, except sometimes the music isn't good. Then it's interrupted by a loud woman's voice announcing its the frame channel, every half hour.

I can't sleep lately. It's past 1 am and I'm wide awake.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It didn't help to relax me.
It kind of got on my nerves. In fact my heart started racing and it said its supposed to slow the heart rate

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

buster2010
Pink Floyd has the best relaxation sounds out there.

Just add headphones.
edit on 18-9-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Yes this the best!!!
Thank you

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I was really enjoying listening to this. Then my brother came in and said it sounds like it was written by Darren Brown lol. Now I'm afraid of subliminals telling me to think of a number haha. Really spoilt it for me.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

1:45 into the song was all I could take, sorry this did not work for me. It made me feel stressed if anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I have found that listening to ambient, especially if it has a rhythmic component, assists me in finding my groove when I write. I also listen to a lot of Prog...which my son characterises by saying "It really picks up about 11 minutes in". Conversely ...it makes my wife nuts. Thanks for the tunes.

Quick edit to say that I'm going to try the 10 hour version as the soundtrack to a research project project that I am trying to finish up...may have to get out the headphones for that one, though. If I don't post again, it will mean I've had an axe taken to me. (see above)

edit on 20-9-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

They Only tested 40 women. No men, no kids, only women - and only 40. This study is majorly flawed if they are trying to push this as a real study with real results.

Oh look ma.. ATS has new icons - again. lets try em out.
bah.. no better than the last crappy icons.

Good point, and not to mention a limited number of songs. They should have stated "In a very small study group, with a limited number of songs, we found one that relaxed women more than others."

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

my question is-why would scientists spend their time on music? i think the best judges are the people themselves...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

aries58

my question is-why would scientists spend their time on music? i think the best judges are the people themselves...
You do know that this is about the science behind the creative process as well, eh?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I don't know if what I experienced is normal, but last night I put the song on as to drone away as I slept. I woke up an hour and a half later from a horrible nightmare and anxiety through the roof. It was so bad that I actually deleted the song from my hard drive and removed the Youtube link from my favorites.

I'm not prone to nightmares or anxiety like that. However, during my waking hours listening to the song, it did relax me. Which is why I have an eye brow raised as to why I experienced what I did. It could possibly be unrelated, however as I stated I'm not prone to such anxiety and nightmares.

Thanks for the link though.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Love stuff like this...thank you S+F. For anyone who else might be interested, I find this one by Pachelbel, a wonderfully soft and reflective song!! Enjoy! Peace and Love!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I didnt think this was a share your opinion on personal preference to relaxing music. Its to show a song that was scientifically proved from tests and trials to be the most relaxing song. Nobody has to ENJOY the song but its been proven to be the most relaxing.

Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join