It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to scientists, this is the most relaxing tune ever recorded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This eight minute song is a beautiful combination of arranged harmonies, rhythms and bass lines and thus helps to slow the heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress. The song features guitar, piano and electronic samples of natural soundscapes.

A study was conducted on 40 women, who were connected to sensors and had been given challenging puzzles to complete against the clock in order to induce a level of stress. Different songs were then played, to test their heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and brain activity. The results showed that the song Weightless was 11 per cent more relaxing than any other song and even caused drowsiness among women in the lab. It induced a 65 per cent reduction in overall anxiety and brought them to a level 35 per cent lower than their usual resting rates.

thedailybleep.blogspot.co.uk...

Well if anyone is having trouble sleeping or chilling out try feasting your ears on this lovely peace of music it might just do the drink. It may well be the most relaxing piece of music every composed. I certainly found it very relaxing.. Not recomended when driving..

and if anyone would like the more hardcore version... Here is the ten hour version.

edit on 18-9-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It burns!!! It Burns!!!!

Naw, that is nice and relaxing, thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I really didnt like the tune, was very soulless, more boring than relaxing.

How about something from Blade runner

Or Enigma ?

edit on 18-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well, science can't always be right. I think it's pretty overloaded.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nice is there a download mp3 version, I suffer extreme insomnia, some of which I just stop breathing for second, but this might be useful.

Thanks

The Bot

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

science ain't got doodoo on my native american playlist. if that's the best scienctists can come up with then they really are dumber then i thought

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Pink Floyd has the best relaxation sounds out there.

Just add headphones.
edit on 18-9-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
cool

^ that is not a way to contribute to a thread, I know, but I have to go to sleep now (not because of the tune)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

mmm nice. I was going to add some Floyd but i left it for someone else

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why do I feel like I am getting really small so small, I might climb into the vacuum! I sure hope no Tall people come by and ask me if I am small, or say hey we can tell you are small and try to measure me....
edit on 18-9-2013 by abeverage because: I am to small to type?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I made it through a minute and wanted to start screaming and pounding my head against the wall, sooooo, nope, not for me! I'm usually quite diverse in my musical tastes, too.

If I listened to it for 8 minutes???? I don't think anyone wants to see that story as it would end "and there was blood everywhere."

Wow. Ok. I guess I really need to R-E-L-A-X - but that doesn't do it for me...

Sorry science.

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It didn't sound good for me, but then again I am not a scientist. That must be the reason why it didn't relax me.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A few years back the BBC did a study and found that Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" was the song most preferred by surgeons.

I do like to relax to it and that well placed sax riff adds such a mellow tone to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry, good try but I didn't really like it either. Maybe they should have added more guys to the testing pool.

Now gimme some of that Pink Floyd to sleep by anytime.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think most BORING tune ever recorded may be more accurate. I kept waiting for the song to start but it just kept droning on like the intro that never ends.

IMHO, THIS is the most relaxing tune ever. I've listened to it dozens of times when stressed out and it never fails to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes, another good one, I have this in my music rotation as well. I guess there must be a distinction between listening to "relax / de-stress" or simple " need to get some sleep" which is how I felt with the one chosen by scientists.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I dunno to each their own. I think it's not very relaxing but then again I've grown up in the country. Sounds of summer insects and the falling rain always put me in a relaxed mood.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

its so beautiful, thanks ill be listening to this tonight when I go to sleep instead of my melatonin.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've known this a long time. I listen to a lot of ambient and it's very relaxing. Oftentimes it's euphoric. Sometimes it's faster paced and more exciting.

According to that list, DJ Shah - Mellomaniac was #3 most relaxing song. I listened to some of it and I like it, but honestly, there's soooo much more out there. Don't limit yourself.

I particularly like the music artist Solar Fields. It's the best.

Listen to samples here for the Blue Moon Station album:
www.discogs.com - Solar Fields Blue Moon Station...

Google chill-out music.

But I think no everybody is made for this kind of music. I'm a low key kind of guy and very spacey and this kind of music supercharges me and takes me to another world. It's like a drug. I don't think it does for everyone. You can't make one song for everyone and then say no other music needs to be made. People are different.
edit on 18-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join