It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by WarminIndy

Are you admitting to a hoax?

In the few cases I have observed, (well before the current site changes) it seemed coordinated to me, as soon as the opening post was up (in more than one case, same OP, similar anti-Israeli material) the flags and stars were way too quick, as if it was being done without even reading the content inside. My guess that either private messages or social network was used to get most of those. In the end it ended up on the front page, and then quickly became a hot topic after that.

So how could someone override this? Now you are bring up ATS's Command Center!

That would be a shame and put this one into a question mark of not being a Hoax and this place is of
Troll Kingdom!

RATS!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by WarminIndy

Are you admitting to a hoax?

In the few cases I have observed, (well before the current site changes) it seemed coordinated to me, as soon as the opening post was up (in more than one case, same OP, similar anti-Israeli material) the flags and stars were way too quick, as if it was being done without even reading the content inside. My guess that either private messages or social network was used to get most of those. In the end it ended up on the front page, and then quickly became a hot topic after that.

It's kind of hard to be a hoax when you outright say what you did. LOL. There are people out there now who believe the Titanic was sunk by Norway for Norwegian Cruise Lines to become more powerful than White Star Lines and who believe this is true because there were no forensic studies done on the "iceberg"....lol.

I said right off that I was making it up, but I got flags and stars for the conspiracy theory....so that proves that a conspiracy theory can be "blah, blah, blah" in the body, but if you have a catchy title, you get stars and flags.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Couldn't happen....

Or maybe....

Wired

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Even if I hadn't read this story, I'd still know ATS is filled with NSA trolls and their sock puppets.
Anyone who doubts this should try starting a 9-11 thread or anti-transhumanism thread.
You can post a 5-6 page thesis and regardless, within MINUTES of posting your irrefutable findings, you'll have people railing against you when going through the entirity of your OP would take 1 or 2 days.
(This is when you KNOW you are on target/struck a nerve!)
You will also see a large amount of "like minds" magically star their replies yet existing without a voice of their own, appearing en-masse within moments, only to parrot a reply when normally such occurances take a bit longer than 3-4 minutes to take place.
Very telling indeed.
ATS is lousy with NSA shills like slums have roaches, silverfish or earwigs.

-Peace-
edit on 26-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Edit

edit on 26-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 26-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Another Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

This is very true and there are many subjects, which will
attract these comedians.
Say la vie, I guess. My Spanish sucs, Lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im for hire...
Low cost...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Eryiedes
Even if I hadn't read this story, I'd still know ATS is filled with NSA trolls and their sock puppets.
Anyone who doubts this should try starting a 9-11 thread or anti-transhumanism thread.

ATS is lousy with NSA shills like slums have roaches, silverfish or earwigs.

Come on, brother ... NSA trolls?? The only guy I can recall ever speaking out from the NSA was Snowden and look where he's at. This site attracts a LOT of brilliant people. I wish more of 'em would stick around.

As for 9-11: Building 7. Nothing more need be said. If you don't have something more substantial than WTC 7 to offer, you're wasting people's time and you're drawing fire off the enemy. I think people are drawn to the 9-11 threads, because if any info is going to break, it's very likely to be here on ATS. One of those brilliant people opens a thread and finds nothing ... well ... I'd expect to face the wrath of their intellectualism.

Seriously: Track me onto your definitive thread on trans-humanism.
edit on 2692013 by Snarl because: Proper English

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

WarminIndy

wulff
reply to post by Metallicus

I'm not so sure that the government would waste their time and money on something with so little payback. Let's face it, the world is full of dicks and always have been and now the internet has made it easy for them to 'get off' by being a dick while hiding behind a computer, their fat little fingers poking keys and making them feel like they are controlling someone!
I mean go to you tube and read some of the comments about one of your favorite bands, their are people that go around knocking just about everything you watch and many times they are the same people, so I don't think the Government has trolls telling people they suck because you like Megadeth and they like Lady Gaga!
I would need a lot of proof to believe this and nobody has shown any, just saying "It's true, I worked with a group doing that!" well, we want a little more 'proof' than your word!

Do you know how many friends I have on facebook who have no idea what ATS is? About 525, which are all my friends on facebook. None of the know or care about ATS. I am the only person I know who even visits ATS.

ATS might be a wonderful site, but it isn't that huge or powerful.

Maybe other people have a lot of friends from here, but ATS isn't that famous. To believe the government would use ATS as a vehicle to sway public opinion, then they better be telling people to come to ATS. They aren't doing a very good job at advertising for ATS.

How many times has ATS made mainstream news? Maybe three times? Right now, Pinterest is more popular. Reddit is way more popular, and clearly Facebook is the most famous. Heck, even Photobucket is more popular. If someone in the government thinks they are going to change the world through ATS, I think that person should be fired.

Government, your advertising campaign for life changers of ATS is a failure, because the only ones here are the ones who want to be here. 7 billion people on this planet, ATS is how old, and maybe they have 40,000 members?

Of those 40,000, you can break that in half, 20,000 may actually believe in the conspiracy theories. That leaves another 20,000 who just like to come here for fun or to find things or be annoying. Youtube gets more traffic. If there are shills, they are preaching to an empty choir because no one is really listening. Which is why I say there are no paid shills, just a bunch of people that are jerks and the rest of us who try to ignore them.

Graffiti propaganda only works if someone actually looks at the wall. But generally, someone else will paint over it.

Well said, we members that come here to hash over stuff is small potatoes or is it potato's, potate-ohs, uh, darn it, SMALL FRY so I think you are right, I use Facebook and I think FB or Google forums or even G-mail is a lot more risky than thinking we are being infiltrated by men in black! If they do have agents assigned to ATS they must be paid pretty poorly!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So did any of those government shills come forward? If we have college kids whom have been paid to post a certain way on forums, they most likely told their friends about that awesome job, parents or came clean on the sites they used to troll, out of a guilty conscience or to do payback for having been terminated. Particularly we would need people whom have been told by such a shill about the awesome job they have, because anyone can pose as an ex-shill online.

So are those former posters around? Or not so much?

If there is some kind of involvement by an alphabet agencies its going to be more likely limited to setting up sites that feed the skeptics lines they can parrot on conspiracy sites.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

wulff

WarminIndy

Well said, we members that come here to hash over stuff is small potatoes or is it potato's, potate-ohs, uh, darn it, SMALL FRY so I think you are right, I use Facebook and I think FB or Google forums or even G-mail is a lot more risky than thinking we are being infiltrated by men in black! If they do have agents assigned to ATS they must be paid pretty poorly!

ATS imo was never any great shakes and now the new
devilish , stomach turning smiley's, is even less so.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How about other special interest groups? Does someone pay them to troll forums if something is posted they do not like? Just posted a post criticizing the Tea Party for causing the government shutdown. It started to take off with a lot of intelligent debate on both sides and then the trolls moved in - started to attack me and accused me of plagiarism for copying my own post - then convinced one of the moderators to move the post where it would be less
visible. I think the only trolls messing up posts on forums are special interest groups or individuals who want to maintain their own agenda.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If we come across an obvious troll, should we use this thread or another to out them

When suggesting that the Federal Reserve should be affected by the sequestration, and maybe back off on printing $'s in this thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got this reply from a member XXX777
" The Federal Reserve is a major part of our American success. No complaints here. I think you are new to the topic and you have been shocked and angered a little bit.

Oh, and did you know that every time you borrow money to buy a car, or borrow money to buy a house, you inflate the money supply?

Did you know that every time you use a credit card to make a purchase you inflate the money supply?

The way this debt based double entry accounting banking system works is absolutely fascinating. Go study all you can. You can be very successful with American backing. "

What do ya think...just a very informed citizen happy to have all the benefits of an out of control government and banking system...or someone attempting to so
Look away people, nothing to see here....

X

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
If we come across an obvious troll, should we use this thread or another to out them

When suggesting that the Federal Reserve should be affected by the sequestration, and maybe back off on printing $'s in this thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got this reply from a member XXX777
" The Federal Reserve is a major part of our American success. No complaints here. I think you are new to the topic and you have been shocked and angered a little bit.

Oh, and did you know that every time you borrow money to buy a car, or borrow money to buy a house, you inflate the money supply?

Did you know that every time you use a credit card to make a purchase you inflate the money supply?

The way this debt based double entry accounting banking system works is absolutely fascinating. Go study all you can. You can be very successful with American backing. "

What do ya think...just a very informed citizen happy to have all the benefits of an out of control government and banking system...or someone attempting to so
Look away people, nothing to see here....

X

I might agree that the Federal Reserve appears out of control - But that is not by accident - The debt based
economic system deliberately designed to maintain debt. And when politician on the right start talking about
the out of control debt and how their children will inherit all this debt - I say debt to who? Private bankers
who are controlling it and if push comes to shove can be accused of holding it illegally. And even if the courts
were to hold up their right to keep the country in debt they still can't collect it - If they were ever to
demand payback our economic system would collapse and they would get nothing. Money today is backed
by nothing and accountants and debt collectors maintain the status quo - but they will never get it back.
Even Ron Paul once mentioned we could 'wipe-out' the national debt - I suppose he meant we could pay
these bankers off one time and resume control of the countries economic system. Until that day it is naive to believe that it really makes any difference how big the national debt is.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
wow

I personally am accountable for what I earn and what I spend.
I would expect this government would be as well.
Especially since we are spending the same $

I am under the impression that those that think the money / debt the government is accumulating means nothing...are not accustomed to producing a product / service that sustains them or a family ?

I mean if the government or my parents paid my way, I wouldn't believe that $ had value either.

But...in reality...our debt is real, ask those holding the note's

X

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well with the government shutdown I doubt they could pay Internet shills so for now post away with impunity. Lol

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Essential services are not affected by the shutdown.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I got called a shill repeatedly in a thread today and someone said that I was an ESSENTIAL shill because the government was shutdown.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm seeing not only are these guys considered essential...their on overtime!
No wonder the shut down is costing so much

Kinda like the blockading of public places that normally don't have staff anyways

X

Try going to a National Park lately?....ya know the ones staffed by the troll box's at the entrances (at least that's how they operate here in Oregon...oh wait...DID)

And no I am not a paid spokesperson for the anti Obama party

I do it for free!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan
We've had some agents on here from China and Iran. They were easy to spot. Still have at least one from Iran that I can think of. However, I haven't seen people on ATS who look like US gov't agents to me. Some O-bots for sure. But just because someone has an opinion that is different or kinda whacky like hugg'n on Obama all the time ... that doesn't make them an agent. I have no doubt this site is monitored and the gov't may be keeping files on certain posters but as for U.S. agents trying to disrupt things .. if they are on here trying to do it they aren't doing a very good job of it.

Tristar

there is another, but he is active. i know about him from his own admission to me once way back in a U2U.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join