It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

hmmm reversal/deflection. almost subtle.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

So anyone who disagrees with you is a "shill"?

That IS, INDEED, the only criteria used by many members here at ATS.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

You are right, I have had my run ins with a few and when you out them they just seem to go away.

The other alternative is to ignore them, don't feed them, most people know who they are and when no one acknowledges them they can't serve there purpose and move on.

Sadly there are a lot of Trolls and Shills that just do it because they can, your never going to get rid of the types in mama's basement.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do a quick search on Internet-map.net for ATS's web location in relation to other websites and you may or may not be surprised what comes up.

ATS on Internet-map.net

Notice which website is directly next to ATS? Is it a coincidence? And which other conspiracy based forum is just below that site? C'mon people.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Konduit
Do a quick search on Internet-map.net for ATS's web location in relation to other websites and you may or may not be surprised what comes up.

ATS on Internet-map.net

Notice which website is directly next to ATS? Is it a coincidence? And which other conspiracy based forum is just below that site? C'mon people.

Haha, thanks, sort of adds credence to my point.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Xcalibur254

DrReco

Nyiah
LOL, the source is Natural News, and they couldn't even spell "government" correctly in the headline

I have noticed several people speak of Natural News with some disdain in this thread. Why is this...curiously?

I have found many of their alternative health articles extremely informative, and would think many free thinkers frequenting sites like ATS might also be interested in alternative health and medicine?! Granted, the articles don't go into a lot of specifics, yet can be good starting points for more in depth research.

Is there funny business there of which I'm not aware or attuned? I know Mike Adams likes to go on political tangents, but I'm more into the nutrition articles. Please do share any concerns...

It's because Natural News is yellow journalism at its worst. It has it's agenda and it will skew facts and outright lie worse than the MSM to further that agenda. Unfortunately, because it's an "alternative" "news" source many people on this site take its word as gospel. I think my favorite article on there is when they claimed that getting angry was going to be a mental disorder.

Worse than MSM (mud)journalism?? Not really. The stories I've read there were always sourced pretty well. I agree with a previous poster that Natural News takes a big hit because of it's contacts with InfoWars.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The FBI really dont need trolls.

Imagination and the thirst for knowledge, what a ride

edit on 19-9-2013 by Wobbly Anomaly because: need less

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well we've had these paid trolls in Venezuela for at least 10 years now.Blogs,websites and chat rooms, you name it. Oh but i guess you Anti-americans would refer to the ones here as Freedom Fighters since they're,you know, RED

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

metodex
Well we've had these paid trolls in Venezuela for at least 10 years now.Blogs,websites and chat rooms, you name it. Oh but i guess you Anti-americans would refer to the ones here as Freedom Fighters since they're,you know, RED

If they are red then maybe they should cut down on sun tanning or calm down a bit.
You will probably find paid trolls work boths sides of the left/right paradigm.
Because TPTB control both sides of said paradigm.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

They have been doing this for years. Just check the comment threads on CNN or any other high traffic MSM website. Often times, two or three alliases will bombard people who make sense, in an attempt to divert from their point, or feign discredit. It happens on here as well.
edit on 19-9-2013 by D_Mason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Metallicus
Do you think that this is going on or are we just being paranoid?

I simply can't see the government here in the US wasting their time or resources on such a fruitless endeavor.

The source of that article is a particularly bad one. It mainly exists to provide a venue for the sale of "Snake Oil" to the gullable IMO.

Even the link in the article to the NSA is ridiculous.

Link

The CAE-Cyber Operations program is intended to be a deeply technical, inter-disciplinary, higher education program firmly grounded in the computer science (CS), computer engineering (CE), and/or electrical engineering (EE) disciplines, with extensive opportunities for hands-on applications via labs/exercises.

That should ring an alarm bell since the description and what the link is actually about are not even remotely related. No journalist worth reading would use trickery like that and assume the reader is that illiterate. Claiming that is an NSA program to train people to Troll is beyond dishonest. I'll never read anything on that site again after seeing that attempted.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Wobbly Anomaly
Maybe a bigger worry isn't whether there are agents derailing threads, but rather they have learnt from the conspiracy theorists and simply put out masses of alternative scenarios to derail the whole public disscusion on major issues.

There seem to be a lot of 'alternative' news stories that purposefully ignore, twist or
create 'facts'

Good point

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Thanks

It's not something i'd thought of until late. I 'd started a thread About confusion but i'm not sure ive managed to frame it yet.

But if you were the powers that wanted people to perceive in a certain way, it would be foolish not to use the memetically aware language of the internet.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yeah, you're probably right. So, where's my pay, i just wanna know...
Tetra, same as second, these days, evidently.....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Konduit

ATS on Internet-map.net

I don't understand

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

A few obvious ones come to mind here on ATS , and I have gone head to toe with some of them and never regretted the penalties that came with my calling them out.

This brings to mind the poster whom claimed the BP Blowout in the Gulf was harmless......
That poster joined the day the Blowout happened and stuck to his/her guns that it was harmless until it was quite obvious that all the spin this side of hell won't wash away that oily smell.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

wanted people to perceive in a certain way

Absolutely

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
but how some people act on this site i bet many hired trolls are on here everyday. without a doubt

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I will add this to the mix here, lets say I am a supposed troll and my job here on ATS was successful to the nines.

Now its time to leave and come back again under a new name, how should I do this?

One way is to get banned without being this obvious......( F*** Y**)

The other way is to just stop posting which our BP oil spill friend did.

A few months ago I caught a regular poster using multiple names/ accounts.....
I was told to report it and the thread would have been closed, I chose not to report it for the very reason that it is here for all to see.

Mind you it cost me some points, and I don't care.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I seen a prime example of this today while reading about Antarctica Sea Ice Hitting Record Highs.
Take a look at the post from Chris Crawford *scroll to the bottom where the comments are*
edit on 19-9-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join