It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

olaru12

duesprimusvictorimmortali

Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by duesprimusvictorimmortali

1 can appreciate the good things you share and seek.
As far as making your current physical self closer to your actual 1 wishes you safety and luck and no ego so you can enjoy.

thank you. im glad to say I've got rid of my ego a long time ago. there are definitely interesting times ahead.

If you aren't ego driven like the rest of us, then why did you join ATS and make this thread? If you didn't care if anyone read this thread then you wouldn't have even bothered to write it. See the disconnect?

If you have no ego you won't even respond to this post, cause it just won't matter.

edit on 17-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

i never claimed anyone on ATS was ego driven. i care what people post on this thread because i want to see what other people think about synchronicity and share their stores. i never said i don't care if anyone reads this thread i just don't care if someone who doesnt believe in synchronicity ask me to try and justify my belief in it. I'm all for hearing other peoples opinions and theories though. i dont see the disconnect. have you got any theories on what synchronicity means?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

thank you. im glad to say I've got rid of my ego a long time ago. there are definitely interesting times ahead.

You misunderstood me. I'm just pointing out that you didn't get rid of your ego. If you didn't have an ego, you wouldn't be so argumentative! Besides, what difference does it make whether you have an ego or not. The ego is just a part of being human; a life force if you will.

I subscribe to the Jungian idea of synchronicity.

www.carl-jung.net...

or it could be a manifestation of the hive mind or collective unconscience as described by
Émile Durkheim.

Even so, mankind is so primitive in his thought processes; I doubt if the cosmos can ever be understood by such an arrogant species.

edit on 18-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by booyakasha

You would be interested to know then,that at the age of 5,my son said to me one day,outa the blue:"This life is just a dream,and we will all die while we are dreaming" When I asked him:"So if we die here in the dream,do we wake up in the real world?"
He said:"No we wake up in the future-we are alive there,wayyy in the future"

As a small child I also sensed very keenly,that the nature of reality is far different than people believe or can accept in general.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Bravo for that! Indeed it is the soul that makes a person wise,which is why one who cares to look+take in will see that there are so many others,who,though not having much of a formal education,if any,are so much wiser than some folks with high intelligence,"book-smarts"
You can be a physicist,a brain surgeon,and still be as dumb as a box of rocks about the things that really matter.

Anyway re synchron-i get that so often it's not even remarkable anymore-not that it helps much if I cannot figure out what it means.The other day I had a worry re some matter in mind-and Just as I was reading these words(some or other reply post,may even have been on ATS) "It's going to be OK" my daughter walks past my door singing a line from that Jimmy Eat World song "The Middle" you know it? Chorus:"Everything's gonna be allright,allright.." Really cool song.So yeah that would be a no-brainer insofar as to meaning,depending if one believes there is meaning in these synchronicities or not-and I have no argument with anyone who believes it's all hogwash,everyone's entitled to believe as they want.
As for me,when there is a remarkable synchron re some matter or person or place,I store that tidbit in my mind-in that way as time passes,I could in hindsight look back+see how it "fitted in" or if it played a part as a message or aid.

Another thing I have noticed,is names of 3 certain places that has been stuck in my head since childhood+popped into my mind for no reason,over many years-i ended up through circumstances,living in all 2 of those places+the 3rd place featured very strongly in my life for years-not synchron per se,but something I find most interesting,anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

not every path should be taken. the only thing i can do is walk the path ive chosen and not let anyone lead me astray. I'm past the point of trying justifying my belief to those who don't agree with me because the opinions of others simply have no effect on me anymore. at least not in this subject.

Either you cannot defend your preachings or you will not. I can only guess, but I bet it's the former.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

not every path should be taken. the only thing i can do is walk the path ive chosen and not let anyone lead me astray. I'm past the point of trying justifying my belief to those who don't agree with me because the opinions of others simply have no effect on me anymore. at least not in this subject.

Either you cannot defend your preachings or you will not. I can only guess, but I bet it's the former.

actually its both. i can not because the nature of experiencing synchronicity is very personal. i can tell that i am experiencing it but i cant tell if someone else is experiencing it unless they tell me they have in which case they believe in synchronicity too. but if youve never experienced it or dont believe in it then there is no point in trying to convince you so i will not try. if you dont want to believe in it no problem. this thread wont be any help for you if thats the case.
edit on 18-9-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ego clarity the no need

If the gains access to energies or what some would call super powers over others and has an ego issue what happens??
STS Service To Self some feel they are god over others and then history THEY RULE IT? until balance sent.

Hollywood and books have shared taught what can happen in simpler terms.

If the gains access to energies or what some would call super powers over others and is an ego less type the can use the conscious space where ego could/would of caused many issues with many and yourself for more balanced activities behavior... to assist provide STO Service To Others

No ego 1 shares is for this. If you gained more perception abilities of objective reality don't become the bully in the sector you are within for it only calls balancers.

And so no ego not saying total ego destruction for those who misunderstand... basically saying be mature with what you learn gain or are given responsibility over.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
in humble opinion, people with ego like to debate and judge others, by calling them, the ones with ego. they dont realize that they still live with ego.

whether they are enlightened or not, i believe every being is unique, in how they deliver their piece of mind.

for example Ophiuchus13 (sorry bro), i seldom understand his messages (or maybe do not) but i just read them and try to understand his messages from other replies

edit on 18-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

dodol
in humble opinion, people with ego like to debate and judge others, by calling them, the ones with ego. they dont realize that they still live with ego.

whether they are enlightened or not, i believe every being is unique, in how they deliver their piece of mind.

for example Ophiuchus13 (sorry bro), i seldom understand his messages (or maybe do not) but i just read them and try to understand his messages from other replies

your right. i realized that the ego is what helps us make decisions and choose what you experience in this reality. but when i say i got rid of my ego i meant on a personal basis. like when dealing with others i dont judge them until i get to know them. with out any ego a person would seem aloof and distant all the time. but i have to admit there are times where im very distant and instead of involving myself with people i simply watch. for example in all of my classes i sit in the very corner farthest from the door.

funny me and a guy from my religion 101 class were talking and he's from india. he told me his uncle decided to answer to a higher calling and went to the himalayas. he told me when people go there they dont come back. i think this is so they dont have to use their ego and focus on advancing their soul. hes gonna tell me more of the story later. its intresting though he told me about a cave that constantly has the "OM" sound coming out of it naturally 24/7 where they found him after he left that puts people in a very deep trance.

edit on 19-9-2013 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

Great thread, and which deserves a boost/bump!

I have been experiencing time synchronicities for quite some years now. The intensity of these synchronicities go up and down, and I have not figured out yet (and probably never will) why or when these time synchronicities start to pop up more at certain moments than others. However, since a couple of months I have also experienced other synchronicities in the form of words or themes that present themselves quickly after one another, for example all within one day. I have started to write them down as I am baffled and very interested by them at the same time. In my opinion these type of synchronicities are less easily explained away than time synchronicites and IMO certainly have some meaning to them, even though I don't exactly know what.

The most recent example happened a few weeks ago. I was doing some research on a company that describes their vision as fighting the established order like "Don Quixote". A couple of hours later I was watching an interview with Ricardo Semler (totally unrelated), who also talked about Don Quixote. At that moment I was thinking okay, that's funny, twice Don Quixote in just a couple of hours. But in my mind I could still explain it away as a crazy coincidence. Then at night I watched the movie "The Secret in Their Eyes" and then AGAIN Don Quixote was part of a dialogue. At that moment I was totally flabbergasted. I had maybe heard of Don Quixote a couple of times in my life, but never so quick after each other, let alone three times in one day! And to top it all off, Ricardo Semler in that interview was talking about Carl Jung being his favorite/most inspiring person, and who was (in his opinion) best able to put words to the workings and mysteries of the universe. And for the people who don't know.. Carl Jung was the one who introduced the concept of Synchronicity in the 1920s.. how's that for a total mindf*ck!

In other words, for me synchronicity is something that has certainly caught my attention over the years, and my interest in it has only increased as time passes by. I have the feeling that these "coincidences" happen on a more frequent basis than before. I'd like to think that my mind filters out certain things or is playing tricks on me, but for me it has something more to it than that. Either way, it is fascinating to play around with these ideas and to discuss it with you people here who have these experiences too.

PS I have ordered Jung's book on Synchronicity a couple of weeks ago and will start to read it soon. Very curious to read more about this concept!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Define synchronicity. There is not a single word about it anywhere.
With that OP the title to this threat should have been "Let me tell you about my huge ego"

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't think it's "lessons" were here to learn...

I think that the "is-ness" that is everything got bored not being anything.

If you can be/do/see anything and everything ... what DO you DO?. The simple answer:

Everything.

Everything has to be experienced. Being every tree that ever will exist, every ant...every electron and every skin cell. Poverty, starvation, murder victim and perpetrator -- all of these things have to be experienced.

It's a sort of Pandora's Box to keep the "is-ness" from realizing what it is. If you knew you were "God", you'd sort of loose the drive to be/do what you were doing. It might lead to mental problems like denationalization disorders.

We're put on Earth with amnesia, and all come from the same "pool of stuff". We're really just reflections of our self. This is why there's really no use being frustrated, angry, or full of hate at another person. At the very highest level of reality and existence you both are one.

Everything is everything. It all came from the same place and will all go back to the same place.

EDIT: Words are clumsy, but the above is my best attempt at describing what is going on.
edit on 16-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

Isn't it a fascinating experience, I too heard the words 'easy peasy' spoken by people every day for four days, when prior to that I may have heard it once back maybe 30 years ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Very good thread.

Go watch Predestination if you have not already seen it.

leolady

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

How about, "Easy peasy lemon squeezy"?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Oh, when you get back to the "source" -- the deepest you can go (or highest, depending on your view of enlightenment/Nirvana) -- one of the biggest eye openers for people is that they "chose" to be here.

Yep, you chose to be here. There have been times when I hated my life but when that realization was presented to me, it made sense in a paradoxical way.

The place where everything comes from and goes to is also a place where paradoxes make sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I had to give you a star, you really are a true mysticmushroom, aren't you? Flow-rider?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

Very good thread.

Go watch Predestination if you have not already seen it.

leolady

I find the predestination paradox a pretty difficult concept to grasp, nonetheless a very Interesting movie indeed!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Ever onward down the cosmic river of time...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

synchronicity is modern mens magic, just had to think about DonQuichote leading you to C.G.Jung, when i saw this: Cervantes bones found

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join