It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON and the Ten Plagues of Egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Rez you saw a 4 part vid
by a guy who follows ison - saying how its fake -
his YT username is something with '...erthBK ' or so in it

he has a diagram, what will happen when 'ison' would disrupt the MAGNETIC field between sun and earth one second ; and though i dont believe that will be the scenario, i dó feel he s right in the 'magnetic disturbance'

excuses for the short posts grin

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Tnx for posting ..

We will have one more interesting comet in that time, also great meteor shower it's expected from comet ISON debris etc ..

Comet C/2012 S1 ISON & Meteor Shower

www.abovetopsecret.com...

New comet discovered, C/2013 R1 Lovejoy

edit on 18-9-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have never said this, in any thread, in any conspiracy forum, (at least not seriously) under any name.

And well, i'm on them all and for a long time and my interest in the weird has persisted for roughly 35 years.

This might be the real deal.

It's shape, is bizarre. I'm starting to believe with much study it's pretty gigantic, it looks like a pair of wings which has genuine historical, mythological significance, the Earth IS periodically pelted, this could be the remains of an early collision, it could be carrying a lot of debris... If this was a large chunk from an early collision, you would expect that, well... it would arrive in tandem with a lot of other junk from varying directions and there surely is, quite a few sightings of junk falling from the sky lately

It would honestly explain a lot

I would expect... exactly what the Govt is doing, preparing, stocking ammo, not making a fuss about it, because.... space is big and if there is "junk" coming through the effects could be relatively minor and panic would be foolish. A few Earthquakes, some noises, maybe where the few rocks that hit land this time ends up being "Not so disastrous" we haven't had an extinction event in Millions of years, you'd expect perhaps some hefty hits with bad luck, the sort of stuff in the range of city killers... horrible but survivable, people could panic, you'd prepare for that, you'd want to be on guard for an enemy..."taking advantage" of the situation perhaps...

The 10 plagues...

It DOES fit, whatever it was did "PASSOVER" the Earth just like this will.

If it's large you will see it... if it's shaped as it seems to be "angel of death" would be very appropo

What effects would you expect if it is... as I'm thinking. A piece of whatever created the asteroid belt, a chunk of planet?

There would be some Gravity issues, Earthquakes, Volcanos... as it came close enough so many animals would rely upon Magnetics, you'd see die offs, birds screwing up, migrations? Frogs perhaps? Things that could cause a river to run a red tide? Animals are sensitive to fluctuations we can't even remotely feel... or if we do, don't understand... perhaps, Killings, like in navy yards and movie theaters could simply be a result of a "feeling" we can't understand? A survival instinct warped by human perception... would ordinary bugs form Locust swarms, sure... why else do they do it sometimes? a survival instinct feed and breed...

Could that same exact instinct be in effect in us right now? from some slight magnetic aberration we feel as it comes close? Sure... what would that reaction be in men, men who have to rationalize a "feeling" attacking for oil? securing borders, clamping down?

What drove the Jews to run? What drove pharaoh to contain them? What did PASSOVER that year?

Ison?

It would explain a lot as I said...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Some things have possibility OP some not ..

ISON can't be comet or any other comet from past and years that could cause again "Black Plague" and similar, because possibility that Earth will pass again through same comet tail is very very small or simply impossible ..

So "Black Plague" possibility only remains that not caused by the same comet or comets ..

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Also from what I know comets are very different structure etc from each other ..

Here is simulation of Earth pass through comet ISON tail ..

edit on 18-9-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Tucket
Great post. Have you checked out the name meanings of the two astronomers that discovered the comet? One of the guys names translates to wormwood. Artyon is derived from Artemisia, which is also a Latin name for a common herb called wormwood. Wormwood of course is referred to in the bible several times, most notably in revelations, as some kind of death star. All of the names a.nd the name of the place where the telescope is located sounds a little too coincidental.

FYI
William Bramley's book "The Gods of Eden," has some great information about comets relating to plagues.

Very interesting bump
edit on 073030p://bWednesday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

hellobruce

Rezlooper
a physicist named James McCanney began referring to the comet as “The Red Comet of Death.”

You mean this James McCanney....
2012hoax.wikidot.com...
edit on 18-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that one...and your point is?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

MariaLida
Some things have possibility OP some not ..

ISON can't be comet or any other comet from past and years that could cause again "Black Plague" and similar, because possibility that Earth will pass again through same comet tail is very very small or simply impossible ..

So "Black Plague" possibility only remains that not caused by the same comet or comets ..

We're visited by the same comets all the time, such as Haley's, so why not this one. And if it comes into the inner solar system that close, then there's a better chance we'll pass through the tail once in a while. Maybe not every time it comes in, but we are this time and we may have in 1312 BCE and 1347.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
All this reminds me of Worlds in Collision,
Velikovsky

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Rezlooper

MarioOnTheFly
why is it that every known comet out there is about to cause havoc on earth...It think it was Elenin until recently.

I'm just waiting for the Haley Bop to pull breaks and reverse course... straight to earth...since none of these pussy comets manage to do any real damage.

I'm not suggesting that this is the BIG ONE! I'm simply stating that if it is indeed the same comet that came during biblical times, then it may wreak some havoc or it may not. If this comet is returning every 333 years then it would appear to be a hit or miss each time...that's if it did indeed bring about the Black Plague in 1347, but then nothing in 1680. Who know's...either way, I'm betting that it will be the comet of the century and we're in for quite a show.

Interesting conjecture, but seeing as there is nothing to show that the Bubonic plague otherwise known as the Black Death had any origin apart from an earthly one I'm not sure how you think it could have been the result of a comet? Obviously, we don't even know if the plagues of Egypt actually happened either, but the link between them and and a comet (for which there is no actual evidence was anywhere near Earth at the time) seems a little hard to back up doesn't it?

Also not sure why you are referring to a comet as a star - it isn't by any standard definition.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by Argyll

Nasa has lied so many times! Like for one no water on Mar's! There's not only water and life, so odd ball areas worth interest! I for one actually concider something some don't.

Could you provide a link to where NASA have ever stated definitively that there is/was no water on Mars? And could you provide a link to show that life has been proven to exist on Mars?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Rezlooper

hellobruce

Rezlooper
a physicist named James McCanney began referring to the comet as “The Red Comet of Death.”

You mean this James McCanney....
2012hoax.wikidot.com...
edit on 18-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that one...and your point is?

Don't you think the poster hellobruce may have been showing that mccanney does not appear to be a reputable source for anything actually trustworthy?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You probably know that the Sun is shifting its poles within the next several months right? As far as I read even NASA claims this could have an effect on the weather (and by that they mean unusual temperatures for the season or things like that, not anything catastrophic)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting. With the buildup of weapons, bullets, coffins, and food aid our government is stockpiling, maybe there is some truth to this. Something is come and our government knows it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In the mighty words of Maynard:
"Moms gonna fix it all soon.."
And
"learn to swim!"

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Argyll
reply to post by Rezlooper

What I've said about this comet is that if this is the same comet returning every 333 years, it may wreak havoc

I know what you have said.....but don't worry yourself!....this comet will come and go without any tribulations to the residents of Earth........you have my word

Ummmm, tell that to all the flood victims, the dying masses of species, all the mass storms,and the things occurring DAILY at this time, that used to be a HUGE deal, if they happened individually once every hundred years or so before.... now things that were MAJOR historic events in the past are just happening every hour or so.... no biggy...

The frog in the pot of water has gone off the deepend with denial lately!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

uncommitted

Rezlooper

MarioOnTheFly
why is it that every known comet out there is about to cause havoc on earth...It think it was Elenin until recently.

I'm just waiting for the Haley Bop to pull breaks and reverse course... straight to earth...since none of these pussy comets manage to do any real damage.

I'm not suggesting that this is the BIG ONE! I'm simply stating that if it is indeed the same comet that came during biblical times, then it may wreak some havoc or it may not. If this comet is returning every 333 years then it would appear to be a hit or miss each time...that's if it did indeed bring about the Black Plague in 1347, but then nothing in 1680. Who know's...either way, I'm betting that it will be the comet of the century and we're in for quite a show.

Interesting conjecture, but seeing as there is nothing to show that the Bubonic plague otherwise known as the Black Death had any origin apart from an earthly one I'm not sure how you think it could have been the result of a comet? Obviously, we don't even know if the plagues of Egypt actually happened either, but the link between them and and a comet (for which there is no actual evidence was anywhere near Earth at the time) seems a little hard to back up doesn't it?

Also not sure why you are referring to a comet as a star - it isn't by any standard definition.

Others have made the conjecture, not me

New light on the Black Death

Did a comet cause the Black Death

Conventional wisdom holds that the Black Death was the third great outbreak of bubonic plague, following the Plague of Athens and the Justinian Plague. Supposedly, infected rodent populations in Central Asia, or perhaps Africa, brought the disease to the Black Sea region and the Central Mediterranean, via trade routes. However, the conventional theory is not without problems. Here are just a few to consider:

Extraordinary Kill Rate: The Black Death killed people at an extraordinary rate, far higher than that of a typical bubonic plague outbreak. There is a pneumonic form of the disease which could explain the kill rate but its symptoms don’t match the descriptions of Black Death victims.

Lack of Dead Rats: No written documents from that time describe the vast legions of dead rats required to carry the plague.

The Iceland Problem: The Black Death killed over half of Iceland’s population but rats didn’t actually reach Iceland until the 19th century.

Geographic Gaps: The Black Death moved in strange ways, including a leap over Constantinople on its way across the Mediterranean.

Cold Temperatures: It continued to kill people during the winter months in northern Europe despite the fact that the plague requires relatively warm temperatures to survive.

Here is what it says about the idea a comet may have caused the Black Death, not Bubonic Plague

So, what was the Black Death? One intriguing possibility, according to Professor Mike Baillie’s book, New Light on the Black Death: The Cosmic Connection, is a comet shower. Multiple sources tell us that there was a significant earthquake on January 25, 1348. Other earthquakes soon followed. Baillie believes that these were caused by fragments from Comet Negra, which passed by earth in 1347. As the material descended from space, it fell on the northern Mediterranean Sea first, before branching outwards.

Through ground and sea-based collisions, these fragments injected dust as well as large amounts of carbon- and nitrogen-based chemicals into the stratosphere. This poisoned the breathing air and the drinking water, causing most of the casualties associated with the Black Death. Other deaths can be attributed to weakened immune systems, caused by the infected air and water, which made people easy prey for bubonic plague, anthrax, and other ailments.

And then there's this, which I find disturbingly familiar with the times we are living in right now:

“There have been masses of dead fish, animals, and other things along the sea shore and in many places covered in dust. And all these things seem to have come from the great corruption of the air and earth.”

The above quote comes from a contemporary of the Black Death. Documents of the time speak of earthquakes, tidal waves, rains of fire, foul odors, strange colors in the sky, mists, even dragons. Historians generally dismiss these descriptions as colorful imagery or the ravings of religious fanatics. However, Baillie suggests that they might be written accounts of what was happening at the time, as people tried to describe the startling things that they saw all around them.

Also, tree-ring data from Europe and the Americas indicates that there was a global environmental downturn during the years of the Black Death. Ice core data suggests that there were increased amounts of carbon dioxide and ammonia in the air, suggesting ocean turnover. All of this points to a corruption in the atmosphere.

Note how it mentions animal die-offs, tidal waves and earthqaukes, rains of fire (which may be volcanoes), foul odors (hydrogen sulfide), strange colors in the sky and mists (which would be heavy moisture which we currently have with the massive rain and snow falls) and even dragons...well, I'm not to sure about that one, except maybe the many mysterious carcasses of animals being found, such as chupacabra. According to their tree-ring study and ice core data, there were more gases in the air at the time.

What I find even more interesting is that these descriptions of the time were written about during the Black Death, which means there was more than just death from disease at the time, which matches up quite a bit with the times of the Exodus and the ten plagues. Hmmm...

And more on the subject

Comets may have caused Earth's great empires to fall

Here is a thread on the comet of 1347, 666 years ago

And when did I refer to a comet as a star?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What gets me is that during all the 2012 hype there was a lot of talk about a red winged planet coming our way, then, lo and behold, someone discovers a red winged thing coming at us. But only after the doomers were saying it first. That's one real odd coincidence.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneggod

A bunch of people had been having intense almost awake like dreams/visions of this a while back...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

InkontinentiaBouquet
What gets me is that during all the 2012 hype there was a lot of talk about a red winged planet coming our way, then, lo and behold, someone discovers a red winged thing coming at us. But only after the doomers were saying it first. That's one real odd coincidence.

That's a good point. I was never into the Planet X thing, but I am very interested in this comet. I'm also curious to why there was so much hype in the early months after it was discovered, but now...mums the word. I mean, come on, a comet that may shine brighter than the moon, and this isn't being talked about anywhere. I've talked with two people in the last week and they've never even heard of it. Heads buried into their video games a little too much I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join