It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON and the Ten Plagues of Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Velikovsky also said a lot of other things that were patently false. In fact I'm not sure if anything he wrote in Worlds in Collision is true.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

guitarplayer
reply to post by Rezlooper

Immanuel Velikovsky postulated that it was the planet Venus which was a comet prior to coming into a orbit that caused the 10 plagues.

From what I read about this, he postulates that these are two things that occurred originating from comets, but that they weren't the same. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Rez, I gotta give it to you, very well put together thread.

I didn't look into any links yet, I'm basically commenting so I don't have to track down the thread.

Subscribing to one doesn't work for me for some reason.

I can not wait to see ISON. I can just imagine what going through the tail will be like.

There is another one near Orions belt that should be visible next month.

As I said in another thread, I'm glad to see you back. I look forward to your threads as always.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What I've said about this comet is that if this is the same comet returning every 333 years, it may wreak havoc

I know what you have said.....but don't worry yourself!....this comet will come and go without any tribulations to the residents of Earth........you have my word

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Why earlier this year there was all this hype about ISON being the comet of the century and a once-in-a-lifetime event for us lucky folks to be alive on this day...but now all the backpedaling. Why all of a sudden is everyone in the know down playing this comet to be just another insignificant celestial fly by. That raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Thing is, we can still have the greatest light show we've ever seen and not be harmed by the comet in any way, so why completely down play it?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 17-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oops! triple post
edit on 17-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If anything, as ISON gets close to the Sun and passes it, a large chunk will break off and head directly toward Earth, crashing into the Ocean created tidal waves yet unheard of

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Why earlier this year there was all this hype about ISON being the comet of the century and a once-in-a-lifetime event for us lucky folks to be alive on this day...but now all the backpedaling.

Hmmm...where has ISON been set up as the "comet of the century"?.....but after saying that, this century is only 13 years old, so I suppose it could be the best we've seen in that time frame.

NASA claim that this comet will do nothing more than it says on the tin......I believe them, will I (and NASA) be proved wrong and will comet ISON deliver the 10 biblical plagues of Egypt, or whatever other nonsense this comet is claimed to be a harbinger off?......No it won't......and you can quote me on that.

May I quote you on your predictions?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Nasa has lied so many times! Like for one no water on Mar's! There's not only water and life, so odd ball areas worth interest! I for one actually concider something some don't.

First the missing Planet between Jupter and Mar's. next it looks like Mars could have blown itself up! Now Earth is just about there and if things go the way it is now. We just have to take a look at them 2 and wonder what actually happened to them.

Sure your comet idea has some merit, I give it the High Five! What you have left out is the lost of live by people living in this world using Power, Greed and the like and for what? let's say a comet came by and passed it's dust in our air; back in the day only the rich were able to wash themselves so the lower class had no choice but to die and pass it on.

I would worry more if one of the Plague's were Man! Actually I am worried, just look at the crap we try to do. We never try to replace what we take off this World, add more crap to the ground to kill of everything that moves; bugs! And to get Oil, we pump Salt Water into the ground to bring it up. Sink-holes?

We can blame it on comet's, a slight chance though. I would have to say though in the End. It is Man's fault, plain and simple! If I was the God as some believe begot this World and came back and seen what Man has done. I would be Pissed!

Mother Nature should be Pissed off by now and I wished She would put Her Purse Down! If you want to go that way. Last is Man who want's to Play God! Funny how our DNA is coded for somethings and others not!
Dino's back in the day some never died off completely, changed with their enviorment.

Maybe we distroyed the first Planet then went to Mar's. Then distroyed that Planet and now on Earth. Would be a day day for Man if 3 strikes and your out happens!

Sickenss has killed many people back in the day; it pops up and lots of people die! Now with airplanes flying around if that was to happen it would be a bad day for all of us! Some have realized this fact, most do not want to concider it at all!

It is a No No! Only it is a fact that we are at a crossing weither one want's to believe or not. Fact; Oil, Coal will run out, water as we know it is on it's last leg! Air is becoming contaminated more and more everyday. So in 10yrs what will be left?

Hard times foke's for us all. If you pray, do pray that Man come's to term's with oneself and find another way before the Hand of God, Life or whatever float's your boat. In the end of day's it was Man and Man Alone doing!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Argyll

Why earlier this year there was all this hype about ISON being the comet of the century and a once-in-a-lifetime event for us lucky folks to be alive on this day...but now all the backpedaling.

Hmmm...where has ISON been set up as the "comet of the century"?.....but after saying that, this century is only 13 years old, so I suppose it could be the best we've seen in that time frame.

NASA claim that this comet will do nothing more than it says on the tin......I believe them, will I (and NASA) be proved wrong and will comet ISON deliver the 10 biblical plagues of Egypt, or whatever other nonsense this comet is claimed to be a harbinger off?......No it won't......and you can quote me on that.

May I quote you on your predictions?

Where did I make a prediction. The purpose of this thread is to suggest that Comet ISON may have been the same comet that some have theorized to have caused the ten plagues of Egypt. You have to admit that it is eerie how two of the brightest comets in the last thousand years came exactly 666 years ago and 333 years ago, and that the Exodus, according to Orthodox Jews, occurred just about 3,333 years ago. Do we really know for sure whether a comet could have caused the plagues...no, but we don't know whether they didn't either. It's an eerie coincidence that two times in history great plagues came about, once 3,333 years ago and the other 666 years ago (the Black Plague), and both times this comet may have been doing a fly by. We know that a comet did come by in 1347, but we don't know whether it did or didn't have something to do with the Black Plague.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My apologises I haven't had time to read all of this thread but felt compelled to reply.

For a few weeks now I have been having strange dreams along these lines, my dreams having a funny way of coming true so it had me freaked a little. I haven't shared my dreams with anyone except little strange bits to my husband.

But also my 7 year old daughter who is like me but worse (she talks you listen, she wants to call grandma we call grandma. Last time grandma almost didn't make it to hospital because I put off calling her & my daughter knew she was sick) she is my first born & every night she has been telling me that she thinks & feels that she is going to die in her sleep. She has been so terrified by this that we put her to bed kicking & screaming & she cries for hours. I have to go in a check her every 30 mins because that's our deal now. I have asked her many times how she knows this & she just says its a feeling in her belly.

Now I'm VERY freaked about this!!!!

When my daughter starting talking etc she would talk to ghosts & the like, she would leave her body at night (several times we raced her to the hospital because we didn't know what was going on) anyway we took her to very religion and church, we took her to physics, we took her to anyone we thought would help & they all said the same thing - she is meant to be here & she has a battle on her hands, something to do with the church. We aren't very religious but we had her baptised catholic & put her into scripture at school so she could learn about god just in case she needs it in the future.

Oh and another thing the comet passes on my daughters 8th birthday. Oh goodness I might need to be medicated now.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Didn't Pelosi mention something about coming cyber attacks and a natural disaster? Normally I tune that bat-sh** crazy woman out but it caught my attention due to it being an odd combo to have in the same sentence.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneggod

if your daughter is fearful i wonder why you dont let her fall asleep in your bed? if it was me, i'd give her a broad education on the theorys of what/who god is. the catholics dont have a monopoly on this any more than the protestants. run some eastern ideas past her too; bhuddism, tao, yoga philosophy etc., she'll probably understand more than an adult. assure her that she cant fall out of the universe. apologies if i'm too blunt, i could have done with such guidance when i saw too much at age 9.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

great post rez and you're a handsome looking dude. the PTB are behaving like somethings coming. otherwise why build the underground seed vaults, the underground cities, all that stuff fema is collecting by oct 1. individually one might ignore what they're doing but collectively i smell a cosmic rat.
i have read extensively eastern philosophy and occult teachings and i cant say exactly where but there was reference to the fact that if mankind descends into evil behaviour then his collective mind will attract and influence the path of a comet and bring about his "comeuppance". this would be an area of study that very few would know anything about and the rest would dismiss it. but there are more things in heaven and earth that man ever dreamed about.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
thanks for the thread Rez
..im walking around with the same topic.... but cant See it yet

you know i think ison is but an Epithet
- not a real comet -
but a kind of 'description for those in the know, what is going to happen '
[ namely, the things you described in OP about Revelations]

i feel...our planets will collide Back into eachother again
but i fail to work out how then

please Add more thoughts as they come ?

regards

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
-added -

today s that google Focault pendulum ; and it is a 'countdown'
i knów its about the Precession.... but i m blocked to See
i only know im nervous and timepressure upon it

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Rezlooper
a physicist named James McCanney began referring to the comet as “The Red Comet of Death.”

You mean this James McCanney....
2012hoax.wikidot.com...
edit on 18-9-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No matter what happens, even if it just passes over with no effects, this thread has a lot of food for thought and has kept me very entertained so far.

The start of October shall be very interesting...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
....you see ; my problem is,
that what is described in Revelations, couldnt, imo, never be caused by a 'comet'
- not even by a pole reversal

because 'the sky receded back like a scroll' and alike phrasing,
wouldnt happen not even by pole reversal
...so has to point to something else happening

'something changing in the cosmos itself'
...but whát.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join