It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Smash Woman's Head on Concrete. Amazingly, She Stays Conscious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I watched the same spot over and over again like 10 times and it shows the woman practically falling, no police brutality at all. Only reason they didn't help her back up was cause they didn't wanna be filed for sexual harassment. They knew what they were doing and nothing wrong with what they did at all. She was drunk, fell down, slammed her face. They did there job arresting her for drunk driving. If she wasn't squirming so much she wouldn't have fell.
edit on 9/13/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

But you are condemning her with pure speculation. You don't know that "she tried to grab junk" but rushed to defend the cops on what "might' have happened.

See the disconnect...
She was arrested and charged…she will face court for her charges. I’m not condemning her at all. When did I do that? I didn't say she deserved it! I’m simply saying we don’t know what happened and don't have all of the facts so I’m not ready to throw this cop or ALL COPS under the bus over this incident.

Why all the outrage?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by greencmp

If this woman was drunk then she is a P.O.S and deserves it, people like her kill or hurt way too many people because of the stupid decisions to get behind a wheel. I feel no pity for them.

Can you say you have NEVER had a drink or beer and then driven?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Because the woman smashed into the side of a house, and I don't think you can get a D.U.I if your walking.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes I can. I have never drove after drinking never.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

thesaneone

We need to hang out.

We’ll take my car and you can drive. LOL

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"The video was taken from the police car and shows the road side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject," Maddox wrote.

"It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non aggressive arrestee.

It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a liability lawsuit based on the content of the video."

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i find this particularly interesting. from the op link to the article.

A probable cause statement written by arresting Officer Chris Ormerod said West was “placed on the ground” after she resisted being put in handcuffs. There is no mention of her face being slammed against the hood of the patrol car and then against the pavement as the video shows.

A supplemental report by Ormerod notes West slipped her hands out of the handcuffs and when they were reapplied she became aggressive and starting kicking him and another officer and was “overcome by force.”

you would think that if she was kicking him he would be saying stop kicking me instead of "Don't Touch ME" in the video.
there's a big difference in kicking and touching.

and why wasn't the kicking mentioned or touching mentioned in the first report. you would think he would be bright enough to say why her face was in such a mess in it. and not file a supplemental report, stating that she became aggressive.

i would like to know the difference in the time between the two reports. did he file the second after he found out how bad she was hurt that night when she went to the hospital or when the investigation started. ethier way sounds like he's trying to cover his a@@.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

roadgravel

"The video was taken from the police car and shows the road side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject," Maddox wrote.

"It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non aggressive arrestee.

It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a liability lawsuit based on the content of the video."

That’s an opinion….not evidence.

Sounds like a typical ambulance chaser.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I never said I didn't drink I just call for a ride.

But no problem I can be a desi for one night

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

thesaneone

Have you ever driven without enough sleep or looked at a map while driving? I am not excusing irresponsible driving here, just pointing out that most drunks are particularly competent and would drive circles around the average drowsy driver.

The issue here, in my opinion, is not to pull everyone over and see if they yawn too much or can't recite the alphabet backwards but, to punish violators involved in actual vehicular transgressions.

Wait, hang on, the issue here is for those whose responsibility it is to 'protect and serve' to not beat the crap out us and smash our heads on the concrete. Yeah, that's what I meant to say.
edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
sigh, also the DA, is looking into this case.. Also our state Attorney Willie Meggs, is appalled. Whoever thinks this arrest is professional, or normal, has a screw loose or some agenda, or is just a blind pro leo moron...

The lady was intoxicated made a mistake was charged with a DUI, and was nonagressive.. What was done was wrong, she was slammed into a car, then into the ground.. Shrugs, those of you that blame her for her brutality blow my mind, and lower my standards even lower then the gutter for humanity...

Appalling..

edit on 13-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

She crashed into a house.

Yes I have driven my truck when tired everybody does and drunks are not good drivers, I can always tell a "professional drunk" they drive perfectly straight going about 40 on the highway.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

greencmp

Wait, hang on, the issue here is for those whose responsibility it is to 'protect and serve' to not beat the crap out us and smash our heads on the concrete.

Exactly!! Protect & Serve. It's a bad sign if I feel the need to "switch" my charm on when interacting with police just so they can't claim "disrespect" , or whatever else they pull out of their you know what.
Tch, one minute they are pulling you over for going 10 miles over the speed limit next second your'e eating dirt because you moved to fast and scared the poor officer.
I've always had a love hate relationships with police officers. I respect the work they do, the good ones. However, like someone mentioned earlier, the "bad cops" ruin it for everyone. Some just don't deserve to wear that badge.

~Sovereign

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I watched this video several times and have to agree with you. Yes, she is stumbling around but the officer slammed her head into the window AFTER she was already leaning on the car. As for the comment "maybe she grabbed his junk" that is just trying to make excuses for the behavior seen on the video. The angle of the video is totally obstructed but I really have a problem with that statement. Don't make excuses without evidence. "Don't touch me!" does not equal "Don't grab my crotch!" and it is disingenuous to say that. Let's not go to the 'what if' defense please. I really can't tell if she fell or was taken down from the video but. the officer's report says they took her down. No, it isn't to the level of kicking and beating but it is obviously more force than was necessary.

link   

Bicent76
sigh, also the DA, is looking into this case.. Also our state Attorney Willie Meggs, is appalled. Whoever thinks this arrest is professional, or normal, has a screw loose or some agenda, or is just a blind pro leo moron...

The lady was intoxicated made a mistake was charged with a DUI, and was nonagressive.. What was done was wrong, she was slammed into a car, then into the ground.. Shrugs, those of you that blame her for her brutality blow my mind, and lower my standards even lower then the gutter for humanity...

Appalling..

Where do you see him slamming her into the ground? I see her falling after being aggresive when they started to handcuff her, I don't see them forcefully slamming her to the ground. Seriously watch the video again.

link   

neobludragon
I watched the same spot over and over again like 10 times and it shows the woman practically falling, no police brutality at all. Only reason they didn't help her back up was cause they didn't wanna be filed for sexual harassment. They knew what they were doing and nothing wrong with what they did at all. She was drunk, fell down, slammed her face. They did there job arresting her for drunk driving. If she wasn't squirming so much she wouldn't have fell.
edit on 9/13/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

I just went back and watched it again, I certainly don't want to be citing a self-inflicted injury as evidence of police brutality.

You are wrong, it is incontrovertible that the cop on the right pulled her and threw her down onto the concrete.

Thanks for making me watch that again repeatedly, I feel sick.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

SovereignEve
Well, that was very uncalled for. Looked as if she was just turning to face the car like they normally ASK of you while arresting you...perhaps the small petite woman moved to quickly thus frightening the two large police men thinking she would over power them... tch, pathetic. These cops make me sick.

~Sovereign

Exactly. Like that little waif of a thing was any threat to several large cops wearing bulletproof vests and side-arms (and they already clearly had control of her arms and body) to the point where it's justified to slam her against the ground and kneel on her head?

I hope she sues, and wins.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

forget it, I see two cops on one drunk woman..
I see her pushed up against a cop car, and then two cops either watch her fall face first into the ground or slam her down..
Also Our state Attorney see's something wrong also, I am not going to argue with you on what they did wrong, I am going to tell you what they did was wrong..

Allot of people already agree on that..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is what I see, she starts to get aggressive, they push her against the car, she FALLS DOWN and then they push her face into the ground, which cops do alot. It looks like they push her down at first but they don't, she falls and then they detain her more. It doesn't bother me to watch this video cause I am not seeing any violance just a drunk woman falling on her face and cops detaining her before she hurts herself worse.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join