It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Smash Woman's Head on Concrete. Amazingly, She Stays Conscious

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

neobludragon
reply to post by abeverage

You're blind, very very blind, specially to say that I am trolling. No I am not trolling. I don't troll on ATS, if I wanted to troll I would go onto 4chan where I can post as Anonymous. Hell I was trolling on GLP as well but got banned from there by ip, but ATS I will not troll on because I have an account here and a username rather then Anonymous. So no sir, I am not trolling, I am just calling out what I see and what others are not seeing.

Then we are going to agree to disagree. I will give you respect for standing up to what you believe you see.
This was excessive force to me, you believe otherwise.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I agree that it is the ground, but people are pointing to him "SMASHING" her head into the car, and her hitting her face on the back of the car. They used normal procedure in controlling her head, but the take down was not done right, and they did not use due care, that is what is going to get those two nailed, and they WILL be nailed for it.

If it were a court of law, I would say "thank you officer, you may step down" as you have affirmed the position of the prosecution as well as could be hoped for in such a case.

Given that it isn't and I am now defending the report and my choice of words, I didn't say smashing on the window, I said concrete. When an officer 'takes down' a suspect, they 'assist' them to the ground which means they guide them in a, perhaps, accelerated fashion.

No effort was made to do this, I assume that is what you mean by "did not use due care".

While I must concede that "smashing" is not entirely the correct description here (which I do acknowledge), I couldn't think of anything more descriptive of the intent of the officer in the video. It was not accidental.
edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We don't know, and any 'what if' is just speculation.

And this is a bit different from a corrupt government that votes for war based on hearsay.

To me this is excessive force used by the cops, the way they pushed here down, it is unavoidable that she hits the concrete so hard with her head.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Let's put this into a different perspective.

Let's say your wife grabbed your junk and squeezed for all she was worth, while spitting in your face and then reached for a bat......your response to her assault on you has her looking like this woman.

How will you fare in court?

I am confident that this badged animal will fare far better. Those of his ilk are "above the law"

There is only one cure for wild dogs.
edit on 13-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Must be the title.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by greencmp

When you’re being arrested and you decide you’re somehow above the law and begin resisting arrest, often times you will taste the dirt. The moral of the story is….if you break the law and get caught then pay the piper rather than resisting.

Not everything police do is a violation of someone's constitutional rights or evidence of a police state.

I guess it was the American Indians' fault that they were the victim of genocide too?

C'mon man, get your head outta the ground. At what point did it look in the vid that the woman couldn't have been subdued by a 12 yo in a wheelchair?

Dija you think that tub of crap who used the stun gun on the handcuffed girl running away from him was right too? She deserved to be brain dead after he opted to use his stun gun rather than simply running her down?

Or do you have that much $ you're untouchable by the pigs?

Derek

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by greencmp

When you’re being arrested and you decide you’re somehow above the law and begin resisting arrest, often times you will taste the dirt. The moral of the story is….if you break the law and get caught then pay the piper rather than resisting.

Not everything police do is a violation of someone's constitutional rights or evidence of a police state.

And if you haven't broken the law, but the cop is still doing this to you......?

So now the police have taken up the role of the judiciary?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

She did break the law and was being taken into custody.

And she was resisting arrest.

I'm so glad I didn't choose law enforcement as a career. I couldn't stand all the pansy armchair generals second guessing my every move. Don't call me if you have a problem!! Deal with it yourself!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wonder if it came out that she ran over a 6 year old little girl asleep in her bed how some of you would be responding. This was not police brutality. It was police negligence. This is police brutality:

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

All for being where the cop didn't like

Camera's have a lot to do with us realizing just how brutal cops have been and are at times:

edit on 13-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yes, that is worse, by far worse. That is a much better example of police brutality. It reminds me of the pregnant woman being beaten by police.

Yet, I do not see how that excuses anyone in this case or any case for that matter. That may not be your point, I hope it isn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Now that is what you call a hard head. IJS

Really, that is very sad.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

That was sheer brutality indeed, i'm not angered easily, but that video of Kelly Thomas did get my blood boiling.
But back on topic, did she kill a 6 year old girl? it was not mentioned in the story and it also would not change my view on this.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Oh, I don't know if anyone was injured. My point is most people make very emotional reactions to situations. She did drive her car into a home. Imagine if you saw exactly what happened to this woman and a little girl's mangled body being brought out of the house. I bet many who are upset over what happened to her would be less upset. THIS WOMAN DROVE A CAR INTO A HOUSE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

I have watched the video. This was not brutality imho as much as it was negligence. I am sure the woman feels it was brutality, but she was not cooperating, and I seriously doubt she will win anything in court. The cops though are going to be in trouble.
edit on 13-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"The video was taken from the police car and shows the road side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject," Maddox wrote.

"It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non aggressive arrestee.

It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a liability lawsuit based on the content of the video."

Sounds like a typical ambulance chaser.

Comment by City Commissioner Scott Maddox

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Takes me to stand up for my views for other people to as well, but I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this wasn't brutality.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

seabag
I'm so glad I didn't choose law enforcement as a career. I couldn't stand all the pansy armchair generals second guessing my every move. Don't call me if you have a problem!! Deal with it yourself!

That is all I have ever asked for. My wife and I both conceal carry. Since I am the boss, I also carry at work.

I have no need for police, only ambulance. Fortunately for everyone, such has not been necessary thus far.

Now if we could get LEO's to see it from your point of view, we will be making progress.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

I stand up when I see something I want to respond to. Your comments had nothing to do with it. I don't think the first person responding to a post in a manner others have not means they initiated others to respond. I think many people are a little busy these days.

What I find odd is how quickly people jump to conclusions via their emotions, and we have seen a lot of that recently regarding cases in the public eye.

To the person who said that it was obvious that she was doing something for the cop to tell her to stop grabbing him, let me let you in on a little secret. It's not "taught" at the academy, but these cops know they are being recorded. As soon as they see things going from passive to a more aggressive situation, they automatically start saying, "Stop resisting" or "Stop kicking me" or "Stop grabbing me" to give themselves an excuse when the "perp / victim / citizen" charges them with abuse. It's sort of like when the baby of the family realizes if they cry then big brother /sister get into trouble so they go an harass big brother / sister and when they resist the lil monster starts crying. Heck, I even caught my youngest hit herself and start crying ... that was an interesting evening!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dang. At least a couple of people here had a really bad night. These things are always so hard to call, but I'm going with excessive force, escalation or not. Although I can see where part of it (her hitting the car as well as the road) may have simply been unfortunate set of circumstances. And maybe there was even a little drama on both sides?

edit on 9/13/2013 by ~Lucidity because: Grammar...for my OCD, you know.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is purely a video analysis.

Here is what I see...

Cop trying to do a take-down move and jelly-body lady falls to the ground like a bowl of... jelly.

I watched it several times. He looks like he's trying to catch jelly-lady at the last second before she seriously hurts herself on the ground, but he was to slow to catch her.

He maybe didn't need to initiate the take-down... but should he be penalized for jelly falling to the ground?

Good question.

OP title officially misleading... He tried to catch her as she slid off the trunk.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Having worked front line in mental health for a number of years, I can only assume that the training an officer receives is at least on par with what I have recieved.

What I saw was a large officer use 100% of his force on a perpetrator. Now, is this wrong? Well, the argument is, "It is a life and death job. If force must be used, don't pull back at first and have to make a second attempt". And I do get that, because that is the best way to keep everyone safe and alive.

However, when the perpetrator is under 120lbs, and barely reaches 5ft tall (and is female), I am unsure that this is the correct approach.

I suspect her jelly like nature results from her intoxication mixed with him suddenly and forcefully taking her down

I saw that since he had her hands behind her back, he is fully responsible for her safety. I know that when I restrained a patient, if they would have been injured like that....i would have went to jail for assault and battery.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join