It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Smash Woman's Head on Concrete. Amazingly, She Stays Conscious

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not saying he did his job correctly... I'm just saying he didn't smash her head to the ground... intentionally.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

seabag

She did break the law and was being taken into custody.

And she was resisting arrest.

I'm so glad I didn't choose law enforcement as a career. I couldn't stand all the pansy armchair generals second guessing my every move. Don't call me if you have a problem!! Deal with it yourself!

Oh believe me, most of us with brains do take care of our problems ourselves. The cops are the worst people to call when you need help.

I think the people of that community would be much better off if both of those cops met their demise in a traffic stop. The cops in this case were brutal to the point of being Nazis. Did you see her face? She crashed into a house and the suffered more damage from two thug nazi cops.

I will have no sympathy if her family or someone who cares for her takes care of this problem.

Forget the lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

-
I'm not saying he didn't do his job correctly... I'm just saying he didn't smash her head to the ground... intentionally.

True. To be honest, when i saw the thread title i expected some lady to be curb stomped

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I'm not saying he didn't do his job correctly... I'm just saying he didn't smash her head to the ground... intentionally.

I am quite certain that he threw her down, watch his head, he is looking directly down and pulling her down, not pushing, catching or looking at her. I just watched it a few times again before typing this. I am looking at the cop on the right.

I really wanted to believe that and was prepared to make a slight concession, it was the only thing I hadn't fully considered. But no, no catching was involved.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

But no, no catching was involved.

Agreed... she was too drunk and fell down like a load of bricks.

That's what I see in the video. I'm not trying to make any emotional attachment one way or the other.

I watched it in mini-blip segments to form my opinion. I'm not saying it's better than yours... It's just what I see. I'm more confident in my analysis than yours. But, show me more of your case?

ETA: Sorry if my previous post suggested you were trying to mislead. It's kind of like a UFO video. You have to really take it down to the details.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Oh look....its the sociopaths that dressed up as radical islamics and sawed peoples heads off with dull knives on CIAtv.

On standby
SIR..................

edit on 13-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

But no, no catching was involved.

Agreed... she was too drunk and fell down like a load of bricks.

That's what I see in the video. I'm not trying to make any emotional attachment one way or the other.

I watched it in mini-blip segments to form my opinion. I'm not saying it's better than yours... It's just what I see. I'm more confident in my analysis than yours. But, show me more of your case?

This is a discourse from a little earlier:

Previous response from another commenter:

I agree that it is the ground, but people are pointing to him "SMASHING" her head into the car, and her hitting her face on the back of the car. They used normal procedure in controlling her head, but the take down was not done right, and they did not use due care, that is what is going to get those two nailed, and they WILL be nailed for it.

My comment:

If it were a court of law, I would say "thank you officer, you may step down" as you have affirmed the position of the prosecution as well as could be hoped for in such a case.

Given that it isn't and I am now defending the report and my choice of words, I didn't say smashing on the window, I said concrete. When an officer 'takes down' a suspect, they 'assist' them to the ground which means they guide them in a, perhaps, accelerated fashion.

No effort was made to do this, I assume that is what you mean by "did not use due care".

While I must concede that "smashing" is not entirely the correct description here (which I do acknowledge), I couldn't think of anything more descriptive of the intent of the officer in the video. It was not accidental.

I hate to suggest it to anyone but, if you watch in real time repeatedly (as I unfortunately have at this point) there is no doubt.
edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I will never understand how the subjected rationalize the abuse others suffer from the same oppressors. Is it because you fear the realization that you are quickly becoming the sheep guarded by hungary wolves? When was the last time you needed a cop to protect you?

It has just occured to me the police have infact become the new slavers. No matter how you slice it people are kidnapped for very slight offences and sold into slavery by way of pay to stay private prisons. There are examples of this in both adult and juvenile courts where judges are paid to give harsh sentences for minor infractions. This is why I belive police are quickly getting out of hand, the street cops are the hunter gatheres for the system it will not function if they are held liable for the suffering they cause. You need the slaves to fear them it makes it all the easier to keep control.

If you continue to support the police I truly pitty you. I am polite but do not mince words, I will tolerate them for fear of the reprisal but await the day the rest of you awaken to the reality, and see the threat that is increasing daily from these people. Even the higher echelons like the FBI, NSA, TSA, have proven the people are the enemy and no longer have the right to protest, travel freely or be secure in their possessions. The people only have fhe right to cower in fear as boots, batons and bullets tear apart their fragile bodies for trivial infractions. Even the animals who can not possibly violate a law are subject to death and dismemberment by thos who are supposed to protect and serve.

Onto this particular case unless the woman had a knife or gun there was no need for the force used. If your wife refused your command should you do the same to her just because you can. What if that was your daughter. I do not care if she was driving drunk it is not the cops responsibility to punish that is supposed to be reserved fora judge an jury not judge dredd up there.

In short to hell with all law enforcement

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Funny how Americans are so afraid of Cops in Mexico. Sure, a Mexican cop has the ability to blow you brains out and leave you dead in a ditch, they do it allll the time too. But they only do it to people who would do much worse to them. A cop in Mexico would never, never do this to any woman, it's below their corrupt, lazy butts.

I just can't imagine why or how Americans put up with things like this. How spineless as a nation do you have to be to be treated like sub-par humans in your own country? Cops do bad things in Mexico but it's nothing beyond human.

But, I'll tell you what, if Mexican cops did what American cops do every day heads would literally start to roll.....again.

And to any Cop on this forum I just want to say that I never understood why I liked Robocop so much, but one day it dawned on me that Robocop is the only human cop I've ever seen. Everywhere else you have nothing but robots walken the streets in America. But please learn something from Mexico, someday the people of your country will make you understand that if you treat people like animals, push way to far, they will in turn RIP YOU APART like an animal. But you protectors of the people will never learn until you head ends up in a trash bag at the door of the Washington Post.

This is not in anyway a threat, I would never harm any human being but, there are about 200 million who will make you regret ever putting on a badge if you ask for it. Just a simple action to a reaction.

The Rat.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

neobludragon
Takes me to stand up for my views for other people to as well, but I am glad I am not the only one that thinks this wasn't brutality.

What a self serving comment. You didn't empower anyone to stand up. I'm seeing comments from people with experience weighing in on a subject and commenting. The best explanation I've seen so far is Unified Serenity explaining it was lack of due care (meaning he should have been aware she would go down like jello ... they were after all arresting her for DUI) and not actual brutality. I can agree with that assessment.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It was not accidental.

That's where we differ. I think he messed up with his duty to server and protect, but I don't think is was intentional.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Having worked front line in mental health for a number of years, I can only assume that the training an officer receives is at least on par with what I have recieved.

Did you take the PCI (Physical Crisis Intervention) course? We had to at Daniel Memorial psych facility back in 1988. I was an adjunct therapist and dealt with level 3 patients ages 5 to 18. Sometimes they got high enough to go "off campus", but even off site you can have some bad situations. We were trained to take down people (some were pretty big) and if two trained people know what they are doing they can safely take down the most violent person acting out. I never see cops using these techniques. They do not have to slam anyone to the ground especially a drunk 120 pound woman.

We never injured them, we never had problems when we worked together. The problems only happened when you were solo, and you are not supposed to take down someone solo. Cops don't have that sort of luxury, but this was not a situation where he is running down a violent criminal. They did not exercise due caution. Once she was in their custody her safety should have been their number one concern. This was angry cops, not thinking, and just reacting cause she wouldn't do as she was told. That is what is going to get them nailed, and believe me, they will be nailed. I don't see her winning a suit, but who knows. Get the right jury, and Tallahassee citizens might be paying off an irresponsible drunk.
edit on 13-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Look at the bright side of things....

The Rat.
edit on 13-9-2013 by TucoTheRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Tallahassee citizens might be paying off an irresponsible drunk.

This is my current conclusion, we must eliminate most of them. They cannot be trusted to behave any better than a gang of bullies. Being a gang of bullies, it is unrealistic to expect anything more of them.

If we rely on adjudication we can only hope for deterrence which at best produces criminal conviction or reparations both of which cost us, the taxpayers, the very victims of their brazen irresponsible behavior.

So, cut the budgets, and break out the pink slips by the ream. It is the only answer across the board. I am choosing the easy decisions like police, meter maids, etc. The real debatable cuts come later, this is the low hanging fruit.

Frankly, we can't afford them anyway, the cost is astronomical when you factor in the pensions, etc.

They do not provide the service that some think they do, they have become armed tax collectors, protection racket thugs.

Would we rather our cities go bankrupt than eliminate obvious waste and corruption?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

The Rat.

"You know what you are!!!!!!"*

-The ugly

edit on 14-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

greencmp

The Rat.

"You know what you are!!!!!!"

-The ugly

Some times I feel you guys just tolerate me on this forum because of my alter ego.

He who cannot be named save us all. LOL

The Rat.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Tolerate? Welcomed! All Tuco, all day long!

*quote from the good, the bad and the ugly at the end of the movie (and the laughing too) included in one of my favorite old ministry songs "You Know What You Are" from "The Land of Rape and Honey"

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'll let Ice Cube speak for me:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I am gonna have to agree in principle, I do like NWA from the old days for sure.

But, a gang is a gang is a gang. The ultimate aim is a free and safe society in which citizens will defend themselves and there best interests so, draw your own conclusions.

I should point out that the video I posted above was an off-topic shout out to Tuco-the-rat

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

oasisjack

I will never understand how the subjected rationalize the abuse others suffer from the same oppressors. Is it because you fear the realization that you are quickly becoming the sheep guarded by hungary wolves? When was the last time you needed a cop to protect you?

It has just occured to me the police have infact become the new slavers. No matter how you slice it people are kidnapped for very slight offences and sold into slavery by way of pay to stay private prisons. There are examples of this in both adult and juvenile courts where judges are paid to give harsh sentences for minor infractions. This is why I belive police are quickly getting out of hand, the street cops are the hunter gatheres for the system it will not function if they are held liable for the suffering they cause. You need the slaves to fear them it makes it all the easier to keep control.

If you continue to support the police I truly pitty you. I am polite but do not mince words, I will tolerate them for fear of the reprisal but await the day the rest of you awaken to the reality, and see the threat that is increasing daily from these people. Even the higher echelons like the FBI, NSA, TSA, have proven the people are the enemy and no longer have the right to protest, travel freely or be secure in their possessions. The people only have fhe right to cower in fear as boots, batons and bullets tear apart their fragile bodies for trivial infractions. Even the animals who can not possibly violate a law are subject to death and dismemberment by thos who are supposed to protect and serve.

Onto this particular case unless the woman had a knife or gun there was no need for the force used. If your wife refused your command should you do the same to her just because you can. What if that was your daughter. I do not care if she was driving drunk it is not the cops responsibility to punish that is supposed to be reserved fora judge an jury not judge dredd up there.

In short to hell with all law enforcement

I think you should post a little longer before making a determination on how I feel about things. Had you done this, you would know that I am, as I like to say, "just this side of a pure anarchist".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join