It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1, 2013

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just got a hold of this today. Employers are handing these out.

Hmm. I guessed you passed the bill to see whats in it to avoid the fog of all the controversy.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't understand, what does this have to do with October 1, 2013?

I see the document expires on 11-30-13 but I don't see what you are saying here.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Open enrollment starts October 2013.

There are some things happening within the DHS all due by October 1st. Mainly them having to qualify with AR15s by then and also stockpiles of mres and other goods being ordered to the northeast.

Thats because the healthcare law is going to go in effect and the people aren't going to like it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
As a side note this will destroy the economy if people go along with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

It sounds like there is more happening than just the Insurance going into effect. WHY would they need AR15's for just a new way to purchase health insurance?? Does this have something to do with the MANDATORY purchase of health insurance??

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking about.

Are you upset that you won't be eligible for the state exchange if your employer offers you comparable insurance? Are you upset that you'll receive tax credits if you have insurance through your employer?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Yes but. Read the parrts I underlined. If it qualifies under the affordable care act and there's a grey area after that "minimum value" which could mean anything under those broad spectrums that they are not providing details of. That could mean anything but more importantly if you're employer doesn't maintain the made up standard of minimum value it would mean the death of the business financially forced by the hand of the federal government. As they are now dictating what's legitimate profit and what's not.

It's not rocket science. The people who make these laws are pahological liars and scam artists.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I'm upset because this will potentially destroy the economy if the people don't stand up.

And by the way I qualify for neither so this law doesn't help me a single bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Minimum value is defined on their website.

Health Care dot Gov

A health plan meets this standard if it’s designed to pay at least 60% of the total cost of medical services for a standard population. Starting in 2014, individuals offered employer-sponsored coverage that provides minimum value and that’s affordable won’t be eligible for a premium tax credit.

And here is what happens if the employer does not meet the minimum standard value for health coverage as defined above:

The Affordable Care Act provides a new tax credit to help you afford health coverage purchased through the Marketplace. Advance payments of the tax credit can be used right away to lower your monthly premium costs. If you qualify, you may choose how much advance credit payments to apply to your premiums each month, up to a maximum amount. If the amount of advance credit payments you get for the year is less than the tax credit you're due, you'll get the difference as a refundable credit when you file your federal income tax return. If your advance payments for the year are more than the amount of your credit, you must repay the excess advance payments with your tax return. Also called premium tax credit.

Now can you explain to me how this will make businesses financially in trouble. Looks like it's the National debt that will get a beating...
edit on 9/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You're correct. The national debt will unnecessarily skyrocket.

But the only ones to take the beating will be businesses, ,lower and middle class.

China will step in and say "hey what you talkin about Willis?"

How does this hurt me?

It doesn't, as long as I don't want to live free and have a productive life.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

links234
I don't know what you're talking about.

Are you upset that you won't be eligible for the state exchange if your employer offers you comparable insurance? Are you upset that you'll receive tax credits if you have insurance through your employer?

"" Are you upset that you'll receive tax credits if you have insurance through your employer? ""

according to Dustytoad's post, you can't get the tax credits

why spread false rumors to get people all excited ?

there's enough confusion and trouble coming real soon !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like ObamaCare is a classic sloppy schlock operation !!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

txinfidel

You're correct. The national debt will unnecessarily skyrocket.

But the only ones to take the beating will be businesses, ,lower and middle class.

explain please.. Are you just saying that inflation will hurt businesses?

Nothing in that letter you posted refers to business owners having to provide care. You may want to expand on that point to explain your feelings. That's the disconnect between what you think you are saying and what we are hearing in this thread.

I am not a fan of the new healthcare laws, but the parts you posted only serve to maybe crash the economy.. That will screw everybody, not any group in particular.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I highlighted it in the text.

Never expected to try to explain it to a three year old.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

xuenchen

"" Are you upset that you'll receive tax credits if you have insurance through your employer? ""

according to Dustytoad's post, you can't get the tax credits

Explain this to me please. What I posted says that you can get tax credits if the business you are working for gives you insurance of insufficient value. You can also get them in advance, not just when you file taxes..

I can breathe a little easier because I don't have to buy into the system seeing as how I am not required to file a tax return. I was hoping as much, but now I know..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

txinfidel

I highlighted it in the text.

Never expected to try to explain it to a three year old.

well put the three year old down grow up and explain it there bud.

You're a rude person, and you have not explained anything. I get what all the highlighted text means. I don't think you get it at all even though I searched the site and explained it for you.

Again the highlighted text puts no restrictions on business owners. That's the part you are leaving out. Connect the dots in your own thread ok? For example: what happens if the business doesn't meet minimum requirements, besides the government stepping in to fill the hole?
edit on 9/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Please refer to the 5000 page document as obamacare, long as the bible. Or the affordable care act.

You should answer those questions there.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

txinfidel

Please refer to the 5000 page document as obamacare, long as the bible. Or the affordable care act.

You should answer those questions there.

You don't know do you? If you do know please add to the conversation by all means.
Otherwise what's the point of talking if you can't say anything?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Actually all the parts I highlighted refer to businesses.

You should have read more carefully. If I highlighted all the things that pertain to business I would have highlighted the whole damn thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Ok

For example: what happens if the business doesn't meet minimum requirements, besides the government stepping in to fill the hole

What are the minimum requirements since your so smart? Will you find that on page 383 or 586?

What are the requirements grasshopper?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

txinfidel

Actually all the parts I highlighted refer to businesses.

You should have read more carefully. If I highlighted all the things that pertain to business I would have highlighted the whole damn thing.

those highlighted parts do pertain to businesses, but not to any penalties or any financial responsibility whatsoever. Do you get this? The highlighted portions show governmental mandatory responsibility to cover costs, not already covered by businesses.

I was trying to help you out. You have a half OP at this point. Finish the other half.
The other half is what happens to a business that does not offer minimum standard care of 60% of the medical costs for an average person. Also what happens if the care does not cover all needed conditions.

That's what needs to be in the OP so I can judge what actually might happen when this goes live..

Also I feel the need here again to reiterate that I DO NOT like this bill. It's one of the many things I hate Obama for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join